Who's wearing maternity already? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebugsmom View Post

I'm not yet.  I'm 14 weeks with my fourth.  I really need to go shopping, this baby was a surprise and I had gotten rid of all my maternity clothes.  Where do I go for plus size maternity that won't break the bank?  Any one else plus size?

This is for plus size, and all sizes, but look second hand!!!  I bought two "lots" of maternity clothes off of Craigslist, and ended up with tons of stuff from Gap, Old Navy, Target, as well as a few really nice pieces, for practically nothing.  People think they won't get pregnant again and just want to get it out of their houses...  Also, check thrift stores.  I know all of the Goodwill stores in my area have a maternity section, and most of those clothes get worn for no more than 7-8 months.  I've purchased a few things there that still had the tags on...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#32 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

I have a baby bump in the front and a booty bump in the back.

This!!! I was just telling my Mom that my butt is getting big just as fast as my tummy! I have not started wearing maternity pants yet. The maternity pants I have are huge, they look ridiculous on my thighs and hang off on the front so I put on a bella band and then they are just all cinched up. Most of my normal pants fit with the bella band, I can even keep them buttoned, just no belt. They are no terribly comfortable though. i wish I could live in yoga pants, but I only have one pair. I am debating going shopping and getting at least one pair of smaller maternity pants, but it seems like a waste when they probably wont fit for long. None of my shirts feel long enough so I layer with maternity tanks that are longer, but it looks kid of funny. I need to get some long fitted T-shirts or smaller maternity shits.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#33 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 AM
pjs

I'm 15 w, been wearing maternity since 11 w. Before that I wore my jeans but the button was uncomfortable.
#34 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 AM

I'm 15w3d and I've been wearing maternity pants for about a month I think. Maybe longer. I think I could still wear my old pants with a rubber band or a bellyband, but I'm more comfortable in maternity pants so I don't bother. I'm a SAHM 6 days a week, so my wardrobe doesn't really matter that much.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#35 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebugsmom View Post

I'm not yet.  I'm 14 weeks with my fourth.  I really need to go shopping, this baby was a surprise and I had gotten rid of all my maternity clothes.  Where do I go for plus size maternity that won't break the bank?  Any one else plus size?

This is for plus size, and all sizes, but look second hand!!!  I bought two "lots" of maternity clothes off of Craigslist, and ended up with tons of stuff from Gap, Old Navy, Target, as well as a few really nice pieces, for practically nothing.  People think they won't get pregnant again and just want to get it out of their houses...  Also, check thrift stores.  I know all of the Goodwill stores in my area have a maternity section, and most of those clothes get worn for no more than 7-8 months.  I've purchased a few things there that still had the tags on...

I'm a frequent thrift store shopper but hadn't thought to check craigslist!  I'll have to check it out.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#36 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 AM

OK, this thread inspired me to poke around online for new shirts, where do you all buy long regular (none maternity) Ts or long sleeve shirts? I don't feel like this would a waste of money at the moment since I would wear them next winter and might stretch my wardrobe for a bit until my maternity stuff fits. I am thinking fitted long shirts.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#37 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM

Old Navy has a ton of cute normal tops, tunics, and tanks that could totally work for early maternity, and be used again next year!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=5435

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#38 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Annie,  I'm in maternity tops but not pants, too!  But I only have one pair of jeans that fit.  My maternity pants are still falling down.  I switched out my shirts a couple of weeks ago b/c in previous pregnancies I've stretched out my regular shirts!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#39 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 01:42 PM

I am mostly wearing draw string pants, and low rise with the fly undone and a rubber band.  I can still button my previously too large jeans, but I hate things pressing my tummy.  My shirts are all fine at this point (13 weeks on Sat), I really need a new bra.  I am popping out of my sports bra, and it's super uncomfy!  I was already a D cup before, I imagine I am at least a DD now!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#40 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM

I finally got my rear in gear and bought myself new scrubs for work.  They aren't specifically maternity or anything, but I was working hard keeping the belly under wraps by wearing a big frumpy sweater over my scrubs and like, never taking it off in front of coworkers!  It as getting ridiculous b/c what I was wearing was too small.  But now that I'm out at work I got a cute new scrub shirt with a drawstring cinch and it accentuates my growing little belly well.  And will fit for awhile!  And I won't have to wear a big frumpy sweater unless I'm cold, lol!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#41 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 06:22 PM

I made it to 14wks yesterday the baby is due Aug.10th ! I have been in maternity clothes since 8wks. My regular shirts are to short and tight lol. This will be my first sticky baby. I had a rocky April-Sept.30 with two miscarriages, so when I got pregnant in Nov. I got pregnancy bloat very quickly. I am enjoying watching my tummy grow.

#42 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on a sticker!

I have heard that you get bigger faster following a miscarriage.  I'm so sorry about your losses by the way.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#43 of 49 Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm officially going shopping for my very first ever maternity clothes this weekend!  So excited!!!! 

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#44 of 49 Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I'm officially going shopping for my very first ever maternity clothes this weekend!  So excited!!!! 

Buying my first maternity clothes was, I remember, so special and fun and just...  Yay!  I hope you find some things that look awesome!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#45 of 49 Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 PM

TY soon to be,

I agree with Italia I enjoyed buying maternity clothes it was an experience. I am not sure if you need budget friendly options too, but if there is a Kid to Kid near you most sell 2nd hand maternity and most of them are dress slacks and blouses for work.

#46 of 49 Old 02-12-2011, 10:51 AM

I pulled out some of my mat jeans last week...one fit, the other is too tight in the leg and butt. I'm about 10 lbs bigger since having DD3. I'm not looking forward to buying another size up in mat clothing. Oh, and I'm 12 wks tomorrow.

#47 of 49 Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Oooh how exciting!  I was so giddy when I went shopping for the first time ever!  Your excitement is really contagious, btw -- I hope you find great stuff!

#48 of 49 Old 02-13-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  It was sooo fun!  DH was so good at picking things out for me.  That never happens!  Most of the stuff I got was what he had picked out.  So cute!

I got stuff at four places.  At Other Mothers (second hand) I got a pair of khaki cords and jean capri pants.  At Sears (which has a HUGE selection by the way) I got a super cute pair of light weight black pants that can be long or buttoned for capri length, a pair of cute brown cargo-ish pants, and two shirts.  At JC Penney I got a pair of jeans and 2 shirts.  At Motherhood I got a pair of jeans.  I think I got something else in there somewhere, but I now have plenty to get me through for a bit and then soon it will be warmer weather and I'll get more capris (I love capris) and dresses.  I think I got it all for under $150.  Nice!

It was a lot of fun!  DH was a trooper too. 

#49 of 49 Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 AM

Bree glad you had so much fun :)  And you really made out!  I'm going to have to check out Sears.  I went to Target yesterday and spent 60$ on 2 shirts and 1 pair of jeans.  I'm also looking forward to warmer weather since I wear mostly skirts and dresses then anyway and a lot of what I have will work for at least a few more months.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page