Who's wearing maternity already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm bored today if you can't tell by all my posts. :)

Anyway, who's in maternity clothes already?  How many wks are you and what # child is this? 

I'm a little over 14 wks with my first and I'm thinking of going to get some tomorrow.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM

I've been in maternity since 6 weeks. This is my 7th pregnancy, with 4 previous full term births. 

With my first I think I was about 14 weeks when I started wearing maternity, and probably 28 before I actually needed to be wearing it lol.gif

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not in mat pants, but only because I haven't had a frackin' minute to get to Target to buy some!  I need some!  The whole pants with the elastic plus a bella band thing is getting old.  I want some comfortable pants!  I have a couple of mat tshirts, but they still look too big, so I mostly just wear form fitting kind of shirts and hope I look a little pregnant and not just chubby :)

I'm 15 weeks with my 3rd.  I'm really hoping I can get to the store soon!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 PM

I have been for awhile. I think around Christmas? My friend gave me some and I've been wearing them since. The last few weeks, there's been no other option! I'm 14 weeks today.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Me! I'm just shy of 13 wks with #2. The whole prepreg pants unbuttoned and unzipped with the bella band holding them up still works but just isnt as comfy anymore.

I have a bunch of mat shirts from last time but unfortunately theyre all the wrong season, so I picked up two pocket tees from the mat section of Target and just alternate them, lol.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 02-05-2011, 07:11 PM

I woke up Friday morning and none of my pants fit.  NOTHING fit.  Luckily I found a skirt I could pull off.  I figured that rather than buy one of those belly bands to stretch out my current clothing for only a few weeks, I'd just bite the bullet and go buy some pants that would grow with me.  I found a bunch of work pants that are comfortable for me, even so early.  I don't need the shirts yet, but picked up a few tshirts that were on sale at Motherhood.  

Oops..forgot to add...I'll be 12 weeks on Monday.

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 AM

I have been in maternity pants since week 6.  I am pregnant with my second and my belly popped so early this time!

But really, I switched to maternity pants not for size reasons, but because I can't stand anything tight on my tummy.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 AM

Pretty much in maternity full time now. I have a few pairs of pre-pregnancy pants that I can still button, but they are so uncomfortable on my stomach that I just never bother. I am 13 weeks with #3. Even with my first, I was in maternity before the end of my 1st trimester. I've always been an early popper I guess.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

14 weeks, #4, and I have been in full maternity for a few weeks now. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine9 View Post

I have been in maternity pants since week 6.  I am pregnant with my second and my belly popped so early this time!

But really, I switched to maternity pants not for size reasons, but because I can't stand anything tight on my tummy.

Me too.  I'm not huge, but I can't stand anything smooshing my belly.  I can still wear my own pants with a Bella Band/Be Band, but it's kinda annoying.  I LOVE wearing my yoga pants, but I can't exactly wear those to work. :)

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
With my first I think I was about 14 weeks when I started wearing maternity, and probably 28 before I actually needed to be wearing it lol.gif

Ditto winky.gif

With this pregnancy (I'm 12 ish weeks), I'm going between yoga pants and this one pair of jeans I own that has the waist that normally infuriates me because it's so large.  It seems to not taper at all from the hips to the waist, so it always required a belt before.  But suddenly it is my favorite pair of jeans!

I've been dragging my heels getting the maternity box out of storage, but I'm getting the point now where the bella band feels too tight, and I know it looks kind of ridiculous.  Sigh.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 02-06-2011, 11:34 AM

I've been wearing maternity pants since 10 weeks and this is my first. It's not that I got so huge, but button waistbands were just really uncomfortable and I needed new pants anyway. Now at 14 weeks I definitely need them as my fattest fat pants are difficult to button despite being loose on the legs. I just got some maternity tights too because my regular ones were leaving an unsightly bulge in my middle regions. Still in regular shirts though. Ironically, I look less pregnant in mat pants than in regular because they aren't squishing my tummy. 

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 AM

I've been in mat. pants since the 8th week, and I am now almost 15 weeks. This is my first. Up until two or three weeks ago, I probably could have still buttoned my regular pants but they were way too uncomfortable so I just switched to mat. jeans. I wear yoga pants the majority of the time anyway. I am definitely still in reg. shirts though. I just got my first official mat. shirt and it is still way too big in the belly region!

Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm in maternity jeans, but not shirts. I kinda like the way normal shirts show my bump a little! I could still do my normal jeans with the hair tie trick, but I'm sick of bothering with them.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:23 PM

I've been in maternity clothes for a while.  Mostly pants, I can still pull off some shirts and sweaters that aren't maternity.  I think I started wearing them around 8 weeks or so.  I'm now 14 weeks and this is #5 for me.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Am I the only one who's t-shirts are too short?  LOL!  I need mat shirts or else my belly shows!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 PM

I'm 12 weeks and have been in maternity pants for a couple of weeks now. I have a couple regular shirts that still fit, but most are too short. I have never been in maternity clothes this soon.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Am I the only one who's t-shirts are too short?  LOL!  I need mat shirts or else my belly shows!

Not I!  Although I think it is due to the combination that they seem to make everything extra long these days to try and compensate for the low rise pants and the dreaded "coin purse" phenomenon, and the fact that I am a pretty short person, with a proportionately short torso.  I bet if you had a long torso, or were of average height, you'd be forced to ride the maternity shirt train pretty quickly!

On another note, this thread inspired me to pull out the maternity box from storage.  Ahhhh, elastic band jeans, how I have missed thee!  Is there a reason we can't just wear these all the time?

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 02-07-2011, 05:00 AM

I have been for a few weeks now.  I am trying to hide my bump by wearing sweatshirts, but I'm not sure if it's working.  The maternity jeans are a MUST at this point!  I'm 15 weeks now - I think the last time I put on my regular (fatjeans) jeans was at 12 weeks.   Its sucks not telling people because either A.  they know and are just not saying anything or B. they just think I'm gaining weight at an alarming rate without reason!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 PM

This time around I've been wearing maternity some of the time since about 7wks. This is my 3rd pregnancy/2nd baby, and I seem to have a much bigger belly this time. If I wear maternity pants/skirts I have to wear maternity tops because nothing else is long enough. I'm a shorty, only 5ft2, but I'm very busty so longer tops are a must for me. I can still fit into one regular skirt with a tie waist and yoga pants, but they make me look even bigger than the maternity stuff do. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM

I am almost 15 weeks with #1 and I am mixing it up still.  I have one pair of maternity pants for work, but I need more.  Wearing my belly band now but it is starting to get uncomfortable.  I have a few maternity shirts/sweaters that I've worn.  My favorite outfit for the weekends is maternity leggings (with the top folded down) and big long sweaters (non-maternity).  :)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Wow! I'm the total opposite of most of you. I'm in almost all maternity shirts, but I'm still wearing normal pants. One pair is a really low rise and it is 4 inches bigger around the waist than I would normally wear. I also have a couple that I am doing rubber bands on. I've tried on my mat pants and they are huge on the backs of my thighs. They look funny, but now I am also sad to think my legs will soon be fat enough for them!

OT, but most of my mat pants are a little short, they look ok barefoot, but not with shoes. So I was thinking about starting a thread asking where people bought pants that were long enough (I'm only 5'4!). I was going to try and be specific, so I checked the label on my mat pants and it said XS Short. Hmmmmm, solved that problem! I'm such a dork.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM

I'm not yet.  I'm 14 weeks with my fourth.  I really need to go shopping, this baby was a surprise and I had gotten rid of all my maternity clothes.  Where do I go for plus size maternity that won't break the bank?  Any one else plus size?

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM

Tomorrow will make 13 weeks, in my first pregnancy - with twins!  It's reassuring to me that so many others are also wearing maternity, already - at least part of the time.  (That 'extra' baby is definitely pushing me along!  - Not that either of them is in any way extraneous!)

I've been wearing adjustable-waist maternity jeans for the last couple of weeks; they're so much more comfortable than extending my regular jeans, or even a bigger pair I'd started wearing again, that I am stunned.  At home, I'm also wearing mostly regular yoga pants or drawstring-waist knit pants, and regular t-shirts or sweaters. Some of my normal sweaters and skirts still fit, as is, or (in the case of skirts) are okay extended.  But I did buy a trio of basic t-shirts, at Target, because all but two of my layering tanks and tees are too short, or had almost no give in them: with the exception of a few sweaters and cardigans, I don't wear long shirts, normally - and need them, now!  Without coming anywhere near filling out the shirts, I find they're more comfortable and flattering for me, because they fall gently, instead of pulling, across my belly.  I've got one attractive sweater dress from Old Navy's maternity (at a cost of $3.50), that is seeing me through Chicago's winter, where jeans will not do.  

I'll need more than this, soon, but am much more comfortable in what I have, so far, even when mixed with non-maternity clothes.

Perhaps this is a typical first-time response, but I feel a psychological comfort in getting bigger, and yet being able to wear clothes with my proper size on them: underlining the fact that I am pregnant, not just gaining fat.

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM

I'm 11.5 weeks with my fourth, but the fifth time i've made it this far.  With the previous four pregnancies I was in full on maternity by now.  I pop early.  But for some reason, this pregnancy is different!  I started about 10lbs lighter than I usually do...don't know if that makes a difference or not.  But I'm still wearing regular jeans w/ a bella band and regular shirts.  It's kind of nice!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM

i guess i should thank fashion but i'm at 13 weeks and have not yet needed any new clothes... most of my shirts and tanks are already loose fitting and i'm already obsessed with leggings so no need for anything new for the moment but i am getting a little snug. i'm not looking forward so much to shopping in actual maternity stores as what i've seen is not quite in my age range (young 20's) but i heard old navy has a lot of good stuff for younger moms looking to stay themselves. any other suggestions for stores??

Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 AM

I think part of the reason I am already in materinity pants and not tops is my shape.  I am a total pear, and with this pregnancy my butt is just growing and growing!  I have that funny profile look where I have a baby bump in the front and a booty bump in the back.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
i'm not looking forward so much to shopping in actual maternity stores as what i've seen is not quite in my age range (young 20's) but i heard old navy has a lot of good stuff for younger moms looking to stay themselves. any other suggestions for stores??

I was feeling the same way, so many maternity clothes look so matronly and bland that I don't think women of any age would want to wear them! I have had some really good luck at Gap Maternity, they are super expensive, BUT they have amazing sales (at least at the place in Denver). I have found two great pairs of mat. pants that are cooler than my normal clothes, on sale for half the original price. Old navy does have some cute stuff too. I have also found some cute/interesting tops at Loft for $12 on clearance. They aren't officially maternity shirts but I just got styles that are blowsy and got one size bigger than I would normally wear. Also I suggest really playing with your accessories, which can turn a boring outfit into an awesome outfit. Use your colorful scarves, funky necklaces, and cool flat shoes to spice things up if you end up having to wear lots of boring mat. clothes :)

Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM

I've definitely had my pants unbuttoned for several weeks now, and I'm currently at 13w 3d.  My work pants have closures that won't work with the hair tie trick, so I've mostly been wearing my bella band with my pants undone.  I have a rotation of a few sweaters that are long enough to let me get away with it.  But, a lot of my winter wardrobe tops are way too short.  I bought a box of maternity clothes from a lady on Craigslist, and some of the dress pants I may start wearing soon, but the jeans in the box were all a little tighter than what I prefer.  So, I went out this past weekend and bought a pair of maternity jeans at Motherhood and wore them on Sunday night for the first time.  I didn't buy any new mat dress pants yet, though.  The box of stuff I bought has several shirts with it, but I'm not big enough yet for most of them, and many of them are summery, which will be great later on.  I haven't told anyone at work yet, so I'm still trying to disguise my bump during the day!  My office is often really cold, and its not uncommon for me to keep my coat on a lot of the time, which helps in this case.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM

I gave up on jeans. I've been wearing yoga pants for weeks. I def don't need maternity clothes yet, but i hate the way all my shirts fit. They just make me look like a have a big bulge on my lower belly. lol. Its obvious I've gained weight, but not obvious I'm pregnant.  So annoying! 

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)

User Tag List