I think I'm feeling the baby!!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been a complete bum today and have spent it laying in bed reading.

And then I got bored and started poking around at my uterus which is bigger every day! Now it's too my belly button.

If I stabilize one side of it with one hand and put a flat hand down over the belly of it, I sometimes feel little pokes. Hopefully soon I can feel them without having to squash the poor thing, but it's so cool that I can't help it ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#32 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 AM

I am 13 weeks and 3 days and my uterus is all the way up to my belly button already -- and this is my first.  I guess I'm an early bloomer. I haven't "popped" yet but I am definitely starting to show -- especially to those who "know".  Anyone else feel ahead of the game?

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#33 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 AM

Beckily-

I'm sure I pissed my baby off last night because I was squishing and poking everything trying to make it move so I could feel it....but with no such luck =(

Bonad--

That's neat that your uterus is so far up already.  Just goes to show how everyone is so different.  This is my first also and I actually feel really far behind.  I still have no idea how to feel my uterus.  I have no idea where it is.  And I'm still not showing at all at 16w5d, except for getting wider and gaining weight.  Do you have a pic posted in the belly pic threads?

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#34 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 AM

yell --  Not yet.  I need to post one.  I have some on the camera, I just haven't gotten to it.  I am no expert at finding mine, but I know the "hardness" continues to move farther up on my abdomen every day.  And, I am pretty sure that it is all baby -- I can't suck it in.  I will post one soon.  :)

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#35 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM

Mine is certainly getting bigger and bigger! And I was high at my last check.

Last night my uterus got nice and tight - no idea why - so we were able to easily feel all of it. It was very cool! I was all mushy and I had this fabulous ball of "not the mama!'

Becky

Married to Dusty

#36 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM

I'm all the way to my belly button too, which I thought was too high, so I'm happy I'm not the only one! I'm 15w5d.

#37 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 16w3d and mine feels like it is at my belly button as well...if I'm feeling what I think I'm feeling :)  I first felt the baby move this past Saturday, when I was relaxing on the couch after a long day at work.  I called my mom to describe the feeling and she confirmed that's what it feels like.  Now I feel it often, but only if I'm relaxed, sitting or lying down.

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#38 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Last night my uterus got nice and tight - no idea why - so we were able to easily feel all of it.

Braxton-Hicks?

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#39 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Braxton-Hicks?

I don't know. It lasted more than ten minutes. Just tight - not contractions. I was going to sleep and it felt weird to lay on my side with it all drawn up so I started poking at it instead of sleeping, hoping to get it to relax - and because it felt cool :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#40 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yell View Post

Beckily-

I'm sure I pissed my baby off last night because I was squishing and poking everything trying to make it move so I could feel it....but with no such luck =( 

Everytime I've thought I felt the baby was while I was trying to sleep so I was doing  the same thing last night, and I definitely felt it!  It literally scared me because I wasn't expecting it.  I think I screamed out something.  lol.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#41 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 PM

When did everyone feel the baby with their first?

#42 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post

When did everyone feel the baby with their first?

I'd be glad to know, too.  I have had a few slight fluttery feelings in the last day or so, but so slight I really don't know if I can thank my dynamic duo or my wistfulness for them...  ;)  (We're at 14w2d, today.)

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#43 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Answered my own question with Bree's previous post...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1293060/when-did-you-feel-movement-during-your-first-pregnancy#post_16203560

#44 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyAnn View Post

Quote:

Okay, blank quotes? Fine. I think it's reasonable to yell! It's such a weird thing we're doing - growing a living creature in our gut! :)

Also, this is my new happiest song:

(NSFW, some cursing, not good for people who have never been annoyed with a baby when they're tired)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFANzZTdYM&feature=feedu

Becky

Married to Dusty

#45 of 48 Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm pretty sure I am feeling the baby.  It started at 14 wks 3 days when I started this post and it seems to be getting more clear that it's my little bean moving around.  Awesome!  I still can't wait for a full on kick, but I'm pretty confident now that I feel my little one moving around in there.  So cool!  I'm 16 wks tomorrow.  :)

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#46 of 48 Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Guys, I have to share this with you!

Usually, baby hangs out on my left side, that's where I feel all the pokes and flutters.  Well, the other night I was on the couch and DD came over and put her hand on the right side of my belly.  She was cute and said, "*GASP* Baby!  Heart Beep!" and at that moment, the baby actually flipped from the left to the right side, to right under her hand!!  Of course only I could feel it, but I was like OMG!!  That was the biggest movement I've felt so far!  It was so amazing!! 

luxlove.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#47 of 48 Old 02-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Beckily, that song is hilarious!  But maybe baby was crying because daddy's hair looks scary?

Baby_Cakes, that is so sweet!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#48 of 48 Old 02-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

Beckily, that song is hilarious!  But maybe baby was crying because daddy's hair looks scary?

Baby_Cakes, that is so sweet!

Could be, could be ;)

He says he does the hair and makeup because, since he performs while playing piano, his face is the only thing he can entertain with :) He has, I think, 3 children.

Becky

Married to Dusty

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page