I think I'm feeling the baby!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Starting last night, I've had a strong suspicion that I might be feeling the baby.  I was laying in bed on my left side and I felt this sort of tickle on my left side.  It also felt like tiny bubbles.  Not gas bubbles which typically move on their merry way, but bubbles like tiny bubbles...like ones from a soda or something if that makes sense.  Today I'm sitting at work and I feel it again.  Same place and same sensation.  Sometimes it feels like little popcorns popping too.  Could it be the baby??joy.gif  I'm 14 wks and 3 days today...oh, and it's my first.  How will I know it's the baby for sure?  Just wait and see if it keeps happening?  I started a poll a couple weeks ago about when you first felt your first baby and when you were sure it was the baby.  Many indicated they knew before 16 wks.  How do go from suspecting to knowing?  Will the bubbles, pops, and tickles just get more frequent and strong and then you know?  I'm so excited!!!!!

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#2 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Congratulations!

I cannot wait for my turn! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#3 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Those little pops and tickles just get a little stronger, and then you know!  How exciting!  I know I was super excited when I felt those little pops with my first (and it's really exciting the 2nd time too)!  Yay!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM

Yay!

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#5 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Those little pops and tickles just get a little stronger, and then you know!  How exciting!  I know I was super excited when I felt those little pops with my first (and it's really exciting the 2nd time too)!  Yay!!  

I think you said you felt your first around 14 wks.  Did the pops and tickles get stronger pretty quickly?  I can't wait to be SURE it's the baby! 

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#6 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Congratulations!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#7 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Quote:

I think you said you felt your first around 14 wks.  Did the pops and tickles get stronger pretty quickly?  I can't wait to be SURE it's the baby! 

Bree

Yes!  Definitely.  By 16 weeks, I could see obvious movement from the outside even!  And DH could feel the baby move.  I hope it's the same or similar for you!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bree

Yes!  Definitely.  By 16 weeks, I could see obvious movement from the outside even!  And DH could feel the baby move.  I hope it's the same or similar for you!!

Woo hoo!  I didn't realize it would progress that fast so that even DH could feel it pretty soon.  Fingers crossed!  Thanks!

Bree

#9 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM

I was feeling light little flutters around 14 weeks with my first. I'm pretty sure I feel this one, too. Last night, I had one heck of a "pop" that definitely wasn't gas. Can't wait to feel more!

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#10 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

So exciting, isn't it? energy.gif

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#11 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM

Me too! I'm 14+3 and it's been happening more and more over the last several days!

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

#12 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 PM

how exciting!  I felt my first at 14 weeks.  Trust your instincts!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#13 of 48 Old 02-07-2011, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

I just hope it isn't wishful thinking.  I don't think it is because I really was not expecting anything this early, but I can't be sure.  I guess the next week or so will help me figure it out.  Either way, it should be pretty soon, right?  I want to feel him/her soooo bad!! :)

Glad to hear there were others who felt their first this early.  Now I know it's totally possible. 

Is it common to feel it in the same spot given the fact that the baby is supposedly whirling around in there?

#14 of 48 Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM

I am so happy for you and I can't wait to feel mine. It is the absolute coolest thing about pregnancy, even to the point of when your baby is in your arms, you still kinds "miss" feeling him moving inside you. I am only 11 weeks tomorrow so I guess I have 3 more weeks to go.

mom to three sons and one new daughter born in August 2011
#15 of 48 Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 AM

Yay! I think I've been feeling it too in the past week+. In the past couple days it's gotten a bit stronger. Honestly, it feels like, um, something is moving through my bowels. But there isn't anything moving through! So I'm thinking it's baby.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#16 of 48 Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 AM

I had been feeling it, and then it stopped for the past couple of days.  But I just got to hear the heartbeat again today, so no worries if that happens to you!  It also coincided with me "popping" out a lot more, so my own personal theory is that my uterus is now more moved into my abdomen, and I can't feel it as well.  But I hope to start feeling it again soon!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#17 of 48 Old 02-08-2011, 09:45 AM

So jealous (and happy for you, obv)! I can't wait to feel the baby move!  I didn't feel my first until 20 weeks or so, because of the placenta location, and I don't want to wait that long again! Every time I think I feel movement, it's just gas :(

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#18 of 48 Old 02-12-2011, 04:01 AM

I felt my little one last night for sure!  15 weeks today, it is a little later than DS, but whatevs.  I love those first little flutters and taps!!!!!!!!

#19 of 48 Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 AM

I've also been feeling taps and pokes this week! Nothing consistent, but it always makes me pause and smile.

#20 of 48 Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still not 100% sure, but I do think I feel pokes every so often.  I can't wait until they are bigger and more for sure pokes!

#21 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 PM

Anyone always confronted with skeptics every time they mention this?  From friends to my midwife, they are almost always like "Well...most first-timers won't feel anything until 20 weeks, maybe 18 weeks.  But...I guess it's possible!  But not likely."  No one has yet said "Oh, you're probably right, that's how it felt for me!"

P.S.  Today I heard the heartbeat again and she said "it's really moving!"  There were these sounds, like record scratches, coming from the doppler.  They coincided with me feeling something...so I think it must be the baby!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#22 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yep! I felt this baby very early. It's my fourth baby and I know what it feels like, dang it! I just don't tell people now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Anyone always confronted with skeptics every time they mention this?  From friends to my midwife, they are almost always like "Well...most first-timers won't feel anything until 20 weeks, maybe 18 weeks.  But...I guess it's possible!"  No one has yet said "Oh, you're probably right, that's how it felt for me!"

P.S.  Today I heard the heartbeat again and she said "it's really moving!"  There were these sounds, like record scratches, coming from the doppler.  They coincided with me feeling something...so I think it must be the baby!!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#23 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm still not 100% sure, but I do think I feel pokes every so often.  I can't wait until they are bigger and more for sure pokes!

I'm feeling the same way. Flutters and bumps and pokes that, afterwards, I say "Did I really feel that?" It's been that way, on and off, since about 10 weeks (although then it was very rare and very light). I can't wait until that moment when I hopefully feel CERTAIN that it's the baby I'm feeling! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#24 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:

They coincided with me feeling something...so I think it must be the baby!

I heard that at my last appointment, and I asked, and she said the record scratch noises were the baby moving. Amazing!!!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#25 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Anyone always confronted with skeptics every time they mention this?  From friends to my midwife, they are almost always like "Well...most first-timers won't feel anything until 20 weeks, maybe 18 weeks.  But...I guess it's possible!"  No one has yet said "Oh, you're probably right, that's how it felt for me!"

I asked my midwife when most first time moms feel their baby move and she said 17 wks, but many report feeling it earlier and that what I felt last week at 14 wks, probably was the baby.  No skeptic there. ;)  I now feel like it probably is the baby, but I sure can't wait until I feel a nice kick!  I bet you feel the baby too.

#26 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM

I felt DD at about 12-13 weeks, my first. This one I have been feeling since about 10 weeks. I am sure you are feeling the baby!

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#27 of 48 Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:

I'm feeling the same way. Flutters and bumps and pokes that, afterwards, I say "Did I really feel that?" It's been that way, on and off, since about 10 weeks (although then it was very rare and very light). I can't wait until that moment when I hopefully feel CERTAIN that it's the baby I'm feeling! love.gif

eeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE!!!  (sorry, back to your regularly scheduled programming)  love.gif

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#28 of 48 Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Flutters and bumps and pokes that, afterwards, I say "Did I really feel that?"

I've been having the same thing on and off. Can't wait to feel something definite!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#29 of 48 Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM

I can't wait!!!  On my u/s last week, the baby was a regular gymnast, so I hope I can feel it soon!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#30 of 48 Old 02-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Ok, what's this? Today on and off lots of times I felt what I can only describe as "vibrating" in my uterus area. It had a very distinctive starting and stopping moment, and it happened when I was sitting/standing still so it wasn't me vibrating. Is it possible I'm feeling the baby slide and turn, without feeling any feet/hands/elbows poking into me? (Keep in mind that the baby could be poking into the other sac in there which would mean I might not feel the hands/feet, etc.)

Remembering our 3 losses

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page