Confused about "popping" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So in the belly pics thread, there are several people talking about not "popping" yet.  I guess I'm confused as to what "popping" is...can you clarify?  Lots of us have some obvious bellies, but some of those people say they haven't popped.  So when do you pop?  I don't mean week-wise, but I mean, how do you know you popped?  Does my question make sense?  My brain is off today. :)  Here is my 13 week, 6 day photo.  I see a pregnant type shape, but I don't know if that's considered popped or not.  My friends told me that one day I will just suddenly have a noticeably bigger belly and that's the pop.  I can suck in a little, but relaxed, it looks like this:  I don't know...

13 wks 6 days.JPG

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#2 of 22 Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM

To me, when I say it, I'm talking about when all the 1st tri bloat has gone away and all of a sudden my tummy is obviously pregnant. I always feel huge for the first couple months, but it's all bloat and "squishy". Once that's settled, the actual baby belly comes in firmer and more accurate to whats actually happening inside. It does seem to be an all of a sudden thing to me, but I don't know if that's how it is for everyone. I hope that made some sort of sense?

#3 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Yup - it's like sure, you can tell you're pg.  But all of a sudden, your belly just pops out and EVERYONE can tell you're pg!  I think though you might be getting close...

FWIW, I'm not sure I've even popped yet.  I can still suck it in, it's not as big in the am, and when I told ppl I was pg IRL they asked if I just found out.  So it must not be as obvious as even I think it is.  LOL

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, okay.  That makes a little more sense.  I am much smaller in the morning and I can suck it in pretty good.  Not to flat, but definitely smaller.  I'm just now noticing that when I lay on my back, my stomach is actually up just a tad instead of being flat or concave (which is always was before).  I hope it's soon.  I didn't think I had popped yet, but I wasn't sure if I missed it. :)

I have had a dramatic increase in peeing lately.  Does that mean it could be popping soon or totally unrelated?  I was thinking maybe the baby/uterus was making the shift past the bladder causing all the peeing action.  Who knows.

Thanks.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#5 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I have had a dramatic increase in peeing lately.  Does that mean it could be popping soon or totally unrelated?  I was thinking maybe the baby/uterus was making the shift past the bladder causing all the peeing action.  Who knows.

Don't know if it's related to popping but I had that around 13 weeks and now at 15 it's not as bad anymore. I think the baby might be starting to move up in my pelvis, and I have noticed a difference in my belly shape too. Definitely not popped yet but there is more at the bottom now and less all around bloat. Of course, every passing day is closer to popping!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#6 of 22 Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Oh, okay.  That makes a little more sense.  I am much smaller in the morning and I can suck it in pretty good.  Not to flat, but definitely smaller.  I'm just now noticing that when I lay on my back, my stomach is actually up just a tad instead of being flat or concave (which is always was before).  I hope it's soon.  I didn't think I had popped yet, but I wasn't sure if I missed it. :)

Thanks.

Bree

Interesting!  I've been peeing more (well, feeling like I need to pee more but with less actual pee per visit) and this past weekend I think I "popped" (I am 15 weeks).  I am no more experienced that you :) but my own definition is that I still look pregnant when I wake up in the morning.  I look the most prenant at night after dinner, but my belly is still noticable in the morning. 

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#7 of 22 Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

I popped!!!

It is dramatic.  My belly is bigger, harder, and rounder.  There it is!  I can no longer suck it in.  Guess you can't suck in a baby! :)  I officially can't button my pants even with sucking in.  Going shopping this weekend!!!

I'll have to take a picture and show you the difference. 

Woo hoo for growing baby!  (Here's hoping the excessive night time peeing stops now.)

Oh, and I'm 15 wks tomorrow.

#8 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 04:44 AM

Congrats! :D

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#9 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Jealous!  I am 16 weeks and still have nothing.  I would like this baby to show itself soon, I'm starting to believe there's nothing in there!

RileyAnn likes this.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#10 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

Jealous!  I am 16 weeks and still have nothing.  I would like this baby to show itself soon, I'm starting to believe there's nothing in there!

Oh my goodness I SO feel the same way!!! I am trying to blame it on my strong abs and firm layer of belly fat winky.gif I hope we start showing soon!!!

#11 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Oooh I want to see, Bree!! Yay!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#12 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

I'll try to post a pic later. It's so funny to not be able to close my button even if I tried. You can also see I'm pregnant from the front now. You can see where my belly leaves my hip on the side...if that makes sense. I LOVE it!!! Going shopping tomorrow baby!!

#13 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, here was one I took 2 seconds ago.  Bad pic because my arm looks huge and it looks like I neck rolls, but whatever...

So, does it look popped?  I literally CANNOT button the jeans and this is a change from 2 days ago.  I'm 15 wks today.

0211011745.jpg

#14 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and that is a regular shirt I used to wear that would hit my waist.  Not anymore!  I had to use the Be Band to expand the coverage and I wore a long sweater over it.  Good grief! :)

#15 of 22 Old 02-11-2011, 04:56 PM

I would definitely say so!! Woo hoo!  Looking good and preggers, mama!! joy.gif

#16 of 22 Old 02-12-2011, 02:47 AM

Wow yeah, big change! How cool!

#17 of 22 Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM

So, I think maybe I popped, too.  My belly is still big when I lay down, I noticed it last night, lol!

#18 of 22 Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Woo hoo for you!

I don't have much when I lay down, though it's raised up now as opposed to before.  It's not like anyone could tell when I was laying down though...at least I don't think so. 

#19 of 22 Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM

My abs finally gave up. In the past 24 hours I've gone from 'looking a little fat' to 'oh, when is the baby due?'!  lol.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#20 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 AM

Yay, Janie!!

Yeah, it's official over here!  My belly button is all but flat, belly is still there first thing in the am, and looking at my latest belly pics, baby is outpacing the boobs!

#21 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 AM

Wow Bree, you definitely popped!!

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#22 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

My abs finally gave up. In the past 24 hours I've gone from 'looking a little fat' to 'oh, when is the baby due?'!  lol.gif

Woo hoo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page