job hunting while pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!  I've been lurking in the background, gleaning from all the helpful information.

Not sure this is the right place for this question, but I've searched the sight, and could some input from those of you who've used Mothering longer than I have.

I'm 13 1/2 wks, and lost my job last week.  I'm had been planning to quit in August, when I'm due, anyway.  To be a SAHM.  But, alas, it was not to be.  So, I need to find something temporary to make a little extra money until then.  How do I find a job while pregnant, and knowing that I'd be quitting after only 6 months anyway?

Has Mothering done any articles on this? (I find the search function hard to navigate)  Does anyone have experience with this?  I don't really know how to approach a job hunt at this juncture.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks

E

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 PM

It depends on what kind of job you want!

If you just need a bit of extra income, you could try something like a call center - we have one in town here that does Vorizon support and will hire about anyone. They tend to have really high turnover rates and it's not really physical, so you can do it easily while pregnant.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#3 of 5 Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Do you have any temp agencies in your area?  I know a lot of women who have done this while pregnant...

Good luck to you!

#4 of 5 Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM

You could get a receptionist job pretty easily.  At all the offices I've worked at they have had high turnover and often just hire temps. 

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#5 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 PM

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, I'm 12 weeks and I went on an interview about 3 weeks ago for a job that I really wanted but probably wouldn't be able to take because it involves conducting research in a room that's over 100 degrees.  My next thought was waitressing since I'm not showing yet they would never know, I enjoy that kind of work and turnover is high so I wouldn't feel too bad quitting when the time came.  But as a friend pointed out, it will get really hard to carry all those plates and walk so much later on when I still want income.

So I'm still stuck!

Good luck to you!!!  I too look forward to hearing everyone else's ideas.....

First time mama!  belly.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page