So glad I finally found you... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I wanted to jump right in and introduce myself.  I've been looking for an online community to participate in and I'm so glad I finally found this one on Mothering.  I've tried a few other websites with forums and found the conversations there, let's just say, not in harmony with my values.  I subscribe to the magazine and can't believe I hadn't thought until now to check out the website and online community.

I live in the Los Angeles area and am expecting my first on August 28.  My husband and I got married on July 2nd.  We got pregnant right after we got married and then I miscarried at 10 weeks with a blighted ovum.  I never got to hear a heartbeat or see an ultrasound so it wasn't as emotional as I think it could have been.  With this pregnancy, I've been treated like a VIP and have had 4 ultrasounds so far.  It's been so wonderful watching our "little giblet" grow and develop.  I have my NT scan next Tuesday and after that I think I will finally be able to relax and take a deep breath and let myself finally "be" pregnant. 

Anyway, I look forward to sharing this experience with all of you!

Erin
Married to my best friend Enjoying being a mom to my 3 year old daughter. Waiting for #2 to arrive in April 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Welcome and congrats! I live in So Cal also, but a little further south in San Diego.

I know what you mean about other forums. I can't tell you how many times I have been called not so nice names for letting someone know it's not safe to forward face their 6 month old baby in a carseat.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 AM

Im in SoCal too. And I am having my NT scan one day after yours! I'm expecting #4. I'm new to the mothering forums but have been reading mothering for 20 years. Welcome and it will be fun going through this with everyone here.

mom to three sons and one new daughter born in August 2011
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Welcome and congratulations!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Welcome!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Welcome!  MDC really is different than many online forums.  Not only are attachment parenting values welcomed, the conversation is usually more civil, too.  smile.gif

Congrats on your pregnancy!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Welcome :) I went through the same search, and was pretty annoyed by the other forums. People here are really supportive and friendly.

User Tag List