"Felt" the baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-13-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So today I was lying on the bed and I could see that the left side of my belly was higher...it was like warped or something.  I called over DH and he saw it too...totally warped.  So we felt my belly and sure enough...there was the baby!  Not like we felt him/her move, but it was totally hard as a rock right there on the left side as opposed to the mushy right side.  The difference was dramatic.  I'm not sure of a lot of things, but I'm sure of this.  Cool, huh?  Oh, and coincidentally (well I guess not a coincidence now), each time I have thought I felt flutters/pokes/etc, it has always been on the left side.

Do they usually hang out on one side?  I know they can't when they are bigger.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-14-2011, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay!  I've noticed that warped look, mostly when I wake up.  It's your whole ute being displaced by your bladder, most likely.  I do tend to feel the flutters mostly on one side, but I'll get the warp shape to either side depending on which side I was lying.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#3 of 3 Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So sweet!  Yes, I have definitely notice my baby prefers one side of the other this early on - it seems like they like to face the placenta - so if the baby is one side, the placenta is probably on the other.  That has been my experience!  Looking forward to feeling more movement very soon : )

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page