pregnancy rhinitis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh, I think I have it. sneeze.gif I have spent every day for the past few weeks sneezing/hacking/coughing. I thought it was a cold, then I thought it was allergies, now I think it's pregnancy rhinitis. Please put me out of my misery. surrender.gif

Anyone else?

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#2 of 13 Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 PM

I'm definitely not as miserable as you, but I have been getting sinus headaches, and am stuffy all the time. A hot shower or warm bath always helps me :)

#3 of 13 Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM

I've been sniffy the whoooole pregnancy. Moved into getting headaches in the last week or so. Ain't it fun? :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#4 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 AM

I've been congested for a while now.  But the worst are the headaches and pressure.  I've had one since Saturday morning and can't get rid of it!

#5 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 AM

I've got it. I had pregnancy rhinitis with DS too, and it lasted the whole 9 months. Within a day of him being born it was gone. I think it'll be the same again, I won't loose the congestion until this baby is in my arms. When it is really bad and I feel I can't breathe when I go to bed I use the breathe right nasal strips. They work so well I want to keep them on all the time, but you're not supposed to have them on for more than about 12 hours if I remember correctly. I also have some Olbas Oil from back home in the UK which works really well. Its like a menthol type essential oil. A few drops on my pillow or a tissue really helps me feel clearer.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#6 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM

I have it, too.  Stuffy nose, sinus pressure/headache.  I'm hoping it'll get better once it warms up, it's so cold and dry here right now.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#7 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Count me in the club. I've had it with my last two the entire time too. My sinuses are so bad, every step I take is painful. It feels like my teeth are rattling in my jaw. Sucks!

#8 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 PM

With my last it started right away, but not this time so I was hoping to escape it... Just this weekend I started feeling very stuffy and feel like I have a constant sinus headache, I don't feel sick at all so I think this is a later onset then last time. Not fun. I am sort of hoping the symptoms will lighten a bit as the weather gets nicer and the heat is not on so much so the air wont be as dry, but I wont hold my breath.

You sound miserable, I hope your symptoms lighten a bit.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#9 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 02:25 AM

Hmm, I am wondering now. I have been sort of sniffly for weeks and weeks but just blamed it on the cold and dry weather. Plus our house is pretty dusty Sheepish.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#10 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM

I've been using the neti pot for a couple days now, but it only brings relief for about an hour afterwards, then I'm back to suffering again.  This is the pits!  I guess my concern is that if you are in pain everyday, couldn't it be a sinus infection rather than just pregnancy sinus stuff? 

#11 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I guess my concern is that if you are in pain everyday, couldn't it be a sinus infection rather than just pregnancy sinus stuff? 

Thankfully it doesn't have that infection smell. It's just annoying. My mom suggested I put Vicks VapoRub on my feet at night. I thought it was a silly idea, but tried it anyway. You know, yesterday I woke up fine. redface.gif I didn't do it last night and woke with sneezing and a headache. I think I'll try it again tonight.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#12 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 07:00 AM

I woke up this morning with my tongue hurting! It must be from mouth breathing all night long. This really stinks fever.gif

#13 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 07:30 AM

I used to get this too with my first three. I thought it was just a permanent symptom of pregnancy. But now that I take enough vitamin d, this pregnancy I have not had one moment of congestion, runny or stuffy nose, nothing, I went last Sept to get my vitamin d tested, it was too low, upped my daily dose of d, waited 2 months, got tested again it was still lower then optimum, and raised my dosage again. Everyone's ideal dose is individual -- you want to have more than 60 in your bloodstream on the blood test and it could take 1000s of units of vitamin d supplements to get to 60. But that's the level where it prevents colds, viruses, flus, etc. So talk to your docs or up your d levels. Maybe it works.

mom to three sons and one new daughter born in August 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page