Short of breath and dizzy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else feeling short of breath and dizzy?  I contacted my midwife about it and expect to hear from her soon, but I thought I'd ask my peeps if they were experiencing it too.  I know all my books say it's common, but because I have other medical issues that can cause those symptoms, I wanted to see if my other DDC peeps were also experiencing it.  I don't feel like I'll faint or anything, but it's just an off and on dizzy/spinny type feeling that feels yucky.  The short of breath just seems to happen when I have to do a lot of talking like a test interpretation with a parent or run a meeting.  Anyone else?

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#2 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM

*raises hand*

me! i plan on asking my midwife at my appointment tomorrow. i remember this from my other two babies also. i know part of it is if i get overheated. its worse in the shower.... i have to take fast showers so i dont get dizzy.

Lisa ~ Wife to Stephen caffix.gif (5/23/04) ~ Mama to Lincoln Barneswave.gif (10/10/07), Gabriel Normanbabyf.gif(12/8/09)  and Ella Louisette baby.gif(8/14/2011)~ CMP angel.gif (12/8/08 at 8.6 weeks).

#3 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM

Yep.  Been short of breath for a while now, but not so much dizzy.  Happened with the other two.  Not only do I get winded when walking up stairs, but I also have that 'air hunger' type feeling, that I can't get that full deep breath.  I hate it!

#4 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Going up stairs leaves me short of breath, or even getting up from lying down. I felt a little dizzy yesterday, but it has not been too bad.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#5 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Me too!  If I stand up too quickly from sitting or laying down, forget it.  I get very dizzy and vertigo like and things start to get fuzzy!  And the out of breath thing happens too.  I think it's normal but of course if it worries you, ASK!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

She said it's probably just normal pregnancy things as the baby has a growth spurt and takes more of my stuff...that and the blood dilution.  I"ll just take it easy and see how it goes.  The dizzy is better now.  The short of breath is worse.  Neither is unbearable. 

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 AM

I get it too.  I get dizzy if my blood sugar gets to low or if I stand up to fast.  I also have shortness of breath sometimes.  I think it's pretty normal.  I know I've had it with all my others too!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page