Nursing mamas: Anyone feel like your milk is coming back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.  I think my supply might be coming back a bit, but it's so hard to tell.  My evidence is that I've had to pee considerably less at night and my previously nighttime potty trained DS has suddenly started peeing again.  My boobs also feel maybe a bit fuller, but I'm just not sure.

As a PAL mama, any symptom reduction makes me very nervous.  I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM

I really haven't given it much though because I've had low supply from the get go and DS has been supplementing with formula since he was around 7-8 mo. But now that I think about it, it does seem like he is spending more time on the breast than before and I've been hearing definite swallowing sounds whereas I'm sure he was just comfort nursing for a while.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#3 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM

I'm a few weeks behind y'all, and I WISH it were coming back.  As of right now I can't express a single measly drop of my right breast.  My left breast is still producing, but barely.  Nursing is so painful!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#4 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Sadly I think mine is finally really gone at 14 weeks...I hope it comes back :(

#5 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 01:27 PM

I am not currently nursing, but I felt let down last night when I was in the shower! I didn't see anything coming out, but it made me think there must be stuff going on in there again. I still can't express anything though. I could when I first found out I was pregnant, but it went away within a couple of weeks.

#6 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM

I never stopped nursing, but I did notice that I'm producing colostrum instead of mature milk.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#7 of 13 Old 02-27-2011, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

No milk here, I am hoping for some soon. DS would be thrilled. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 13 Old 02-27-2011, 03:51 PM

I am nursing my 20 month old and have noticed the mature milk changing to colostrum - especially on the side I don't nurse on very much. 

#9 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 01:15 AM

I have had no milk at all for a while and can't wait till there is something for my 20 month old to get. Right now he is down to only 1 or 2 times a day so I hope he doesn't quit before there is something for him to get again.

Julia mommy to Mikaela 9, Ethan 5, and Cayden 6/10/09, expecting #4 July/ Aug!

I'm a winner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif kinda mom!
#10 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 AM

I think my daughter weaned herself. She didn't ask to nurse for a full 24 hours (and counting!) and that's never happened before. I'm kind of relieved because I was getting burnt out, but I'm kind of sad too. She's barely 17 months and I had planned on nursing her until she self weaned. I never thought it would be so early.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#11 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 AM

I have to say I commend you nursing while pregnant mamas.  Of course, mine were both weaned by the time I got pregnant (they weaned at 3.5 years and such a huge age gap in pregnancies), but if they weren't I cannot imagine how I'd handle the pain!  I used to cringe just during ovulation.  Right now I feel so much pain just taking my bra off.  Do you think it's easier on your nipples when nursing t/o the pregnancy?  I have the worst time in the beginning.  Latch always appears to be fairly good, but with the non stop nursing I'm pretty raw.  Sorry for the semi hijack!

#12 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 AM

I was pretty uncomfortable the first few weeks and I got really annoyed feeling her teeth scraping me every time she nursed. I'm blessed with really easy pregnancies though, so my symptoms are never that bad. I was determined to continue until she weaned herself so I think that helped me through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I have to say I commend you nursing while pregnant mamas.  Of course, mine were both weaned by the time I got pregnant (they weaned at 3.5 years and such a huge age gap in pregnancies), but if they weren't I cannot imagine how I'd handle the pain!  I used to cringe just during ovulation.  Right now I feel so much pain just taking my bra off.  Do you think it's easier on your nipples when nursing t/o the pregnancy?  I have the worst time in the beginning.  Latch always appears to be fairly good, but with the non stop nursing I'm pretty raw.  Sorry for the semi hijack!

#13 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM

My supply is pretty much gone now.  But my goal was 2 years and we made it, so I'm not complaining.  They're not asking for it much anymore (we were only nursing at bedtime anyway), so weaning has been easier than I imagined.  I didn't get sore until my milk started tapering off and they were close to stopping.  Until then, my breasts didn't feel any different. 

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page