Hypnobabies question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I finally decided I am going to go with hypnobabies for this birth. There was only one hypnobabies instructor in my area and she doesn't do classes anymore so I am going with the self study. There is a lady I work with that used hypnobabies for her births and she is willing to sell me her cds. She can't find all of the books that came with it though. For those of you who have used this method before, are the manuals and books super important? Should I just tell her thanks but no thanks and buy the set online? The price she is willing to sell them for is pretty tempting compared to the online price. I just don't want to buy them and regret not having the manual.

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#2 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 AM

Geez, can't she just let you borrow them!?  why's she trying to make a buck? 

I don't know anything about hypnobabies, I just wanted to interject my reaction when I read this!  good luck finding what you need.

#3 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 08:02 AM

The books are super important.  If I were you, I would just buy the whole set -- maybe you can buy a used set to save money?  I gave mine to a friend otherwise I would totally just give it to you!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah when she told me she had used it for her kids I asked if she still had the set because she is done having kids now. I was hoping she would at least just let me borrow them but she wanted me to buy them. I will probably just go ahead and purchase the online set.

Babycakes do you know where I can purchase used sets online? And thanks for the generosity, I am sure I will find a set for a reasonable price. I am just nervous about spending that money and then ending up not liking it. I guess I will just have to try it and see!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#5 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 AM

I can understand her charging you.  I mean, it's not inexpensive to buy for yourself, and if she's offering you a decent price she isn't ripping you off.  I'm a little eh about the fact she doesn't have the books and she's charging you though!

Did you poke around ebay? 

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=hypnobabies&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the ebay link. Those are some good prices! She actually was wanting 45 for her cds and there are some whole sets on ebay for that much so I am definitely going with ebay!

#7 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 05:23 PM

I have a set I think I will sell, I'm just not really that into it. PM me if you want some details :)

#8 of 9 Old 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I would have checked back here sooner because I just purchased a set. Thank you for the offer, maybe if you post a new topic that you're willing to sell your set you may find someone who wants to buy it. Thanks again though!

#9 of 9 Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page