Anyone want to share their registries? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having registry paralysis.  I have no idea what I should really be putting on there.  I have more shower guests than I do registry items.  I don't want to put stuff on there just to have stuff up.  Anyway, I thought it might be helpful for me (and others) if we maybe shared registries to get ideas?  No?  What do you think?  I have to go see how to link mine...

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#2 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 AM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#3 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 AM

I don't have one this time, but last time I had things like:

BIG stuffPack & PlayStroller(I already had a car seat, but if not ...)HighchairCrib, mattress, change table (if you don't have them) Medium stuffMonitorBath TubFootstool (the sloped 'nursing' one)Swing/Bouncy/Vibrating SeatMoses Basket/Travel BedBedding setSmaller StuffMirror for carMosquito netting for pack & playMobileBlanketsTowelsBath ToysLotions, soap, creamsSpecific toys we lovedBooks (a couple good parenting resource types)Change padDiaper BagSmall folding changepad/diaper pod thingBasically, if you're doing it online, just add EVERYTHING you'd buy if you had the money! Then, you can go back & prune the list if you want once you've got it fully stocked. I also had a registry at a cloth diaper online shop, for those who wanted a different sort of gift idea. We had a large church shower, with a group gift, and I know the person that organized it prefers to shop off registries, b/c she is using the $$ of so many people, and she wants to make sure that the mama really wants the gift -- they got us the pack & play and then filled the basinette portion with other smaller items off the registry, and it was all stuff we'd wanted,and used often in that first year! It did feel totally strange when we started it, and rather 'greedy', but at the same time, I knew we'd buy most of what we didn't get, b/c it was all stuff we 'needed' for the first year! So, if nothing else, the not-purchased part of the list gave me an easy shopping list after the showers :)

~SynEpona~
#4 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 12:17 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=baby&id=1Q0WFYRWSETDD

https://www.target.com/registry/baby/11F1ABTDIS95M

Mine is a shopping list too.  The one on amazon I've already bought a lot off of. Lol!  Plus, my mom lives 12 hours away so she and relatives need an online option

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#5 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM

We don't have a whole lot of stuff on ours, Target tells me we need more. We already have most of the big stuff, we have a carseat, pack n play, swing and little papasan seat, and a crib. We don't have a stroller so we put that on there, and we don't have a crib set so we put that on there, along with a few little odds and ends. I also didn't want to put too much because I want people to be able to buy us things that they like too, and not feel like the have to buy exclusively from the registry.

here's the link to ours if you want to look-

https://www.target.com/registry/baby/create?ref=DashboardS2010&ref=gp_fl_sign-in

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
#6 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 01:04 PM

I want to see all your registries too!  I love remembering what it was like to build a registry and be a FTM.  So exciting!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

#8 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 06:43 PM

https://www.target.com/registry/baby/3V2M06E27XDSZ

&&

www.diapers.com search last name- Curry

I couldn't find the links to share with other people... lol.  I also feel like I have a lot of stuff on there but I don't really have anything right now except decorations and clothes.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#9 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/W4HQZ99K6QNK

Just added a bunch today. I find it very stressful to do the registry :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#10 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#11 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

It shouldn't be stressful. I add gobs to mine. Then it's easier to compare them side by side. And I'll add the same item at more then one store. Then I can compare who has it the cheapest.

Am I missing something when it comes to those $50 muslin blankets? I buy muslin when it's on sale for $1 a year for mock ups and stuff or use it for underthings when I do costuming. I'm assuming there's some batting or something between the layers?

I hate asking people for things :)

And I'm not sure. Maybe. Life is cheaper when you can sew ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#12 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 PM

- Buddha
#13 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:

Wasn't judging. I'm often willing to sell out extra money due to lack of time. I just haven't gotten my hands on one of these blankets yet so I don't know what they're like.

Nor have I! I added them because I like the feel of muslin and they're very highly rated. Plus, cute colors! Doesn't sound like they're fancy, but people seem to love them!

They have a cheaper version at target - same brand. I'll be sure to note it in my registry. :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#14 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Here is mine... I added some more after seeing all of yours. :)

https://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/2R3R6Q5TWO74V

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#15 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:

Am I missing something when it comes to those $50 muslin blankets? I buy muslin when it's on sale for $1 a year for mock ups and stuff or use it for underthings when I do costuming. I'm assuming there's some batting or something between the layers?

It's definitely different than the mock-up muslin you'd use for sewing.  I guess it's more of a high-quality garment muslin?  I would call it less "muslin" than a very high quality, dense weave gauze, if that's a better description.  They are outrageously soft after a few washes... 

If you want to do the sewing math, each blanket is about 1.25 yards, and the $50 is for a 4 pack.  I've purchased similar fabric for about $9 a yard (although I'm sure with smart shopping you could do it for less).  If you've got a serger, or care to take an hour to properly finish all the edges, you could probably come out ahead financially.  But not by much.

Basically, if I didn't already have a bazillion swaddling blankets, I would totally buy these rather than make them.  It seems like my sewing energy would be better directed toward the loooong list I've already got going winky.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#16 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 02:10 AM

- Buddha
#17 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 05:01 AM

Fabric.com has it, it's called 'bubble guaze', and it was under 4$/yd last week!

If you're buying, the Bambino Land brand is less than the A+A brand, last time I was looking.

Also, these have been popular in Australia & England longer than in North America, so if you find a UK or Aus source, they may be cheaper since the novelty has worn off, but the shipping could be dreadful!

The ONE that I have already is from my Australian friend, and it washed up into a delightfully textured blanket, perfect for summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

It's definitely different than the mock-up muslin you'd use for sewing.  I guess it's more of a high-quality garment muslin?  I would call it less "muslin" than a very high quality, dense weave gauze, if that's a better description.  They are outrageously soft after a few washes... 

If you want to do the sewing math, each blanket is about 1.25 yards, and the $50 is for a 4 pack.  I've purchased similar fabric for about $9 a yard (although I'm sure with smart shopping you could do it for less).  If you've got a serger, or care to take an hour to properly finish all the edges, you could probably come out ahead financially.  But not by much.

Basically, if I didn't already have a bazillion swaddling blankets, I would totally buy these rather than make them.  It seems like my sewing energy would be better directed toward the loooong list I've already got going winky.gif

~SynEpona~
#18 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

Fabric.com has it, it's called 'bubble guaze', and it was under 4$/yd last week!

If you're buying, the Bambino Land brand is less than the A+A brand, last time I was looking.

Also, these have been popular in Australia & England longer than in North America, so if you find a UK or Aus source, they may be cheaper since the novelty has worn off, but the shipping could be dreadful!

The ONE that I have already is from my Australian friend, and it washed up into a delightfully textured blanket, perfect for summer!

Thanks for this, as now I finally understand what these are. I've always known them as Muslin Squares, and they are really cheap back home, about £12 (less than $20) for 8 of them, as far as I can remember. I definitely need to get my mum to get me some and send them over for this new baby. It seems that a lot of baby items are so much more expensive here in the US than back home in the UK. In some ways I wish my mum were coming for the birth again so she could bring more things in her suitcase, but she isn't coming until this baby is about 4 months old, so I'll have to get her to ship stuff which can soon get pricey.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#19 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:

So the bubble gauze through fabric.com washes up the same?  I've purchased a few different yardages (through Fabric Depot), and the cheaper one looked like it would be similar, but the end product didn't wash up with the same feel (I think that one was about $5 per yard).  At $4-$5 per yard, you would certainly see the savings in the end.  But the cheaper stuff just didn't have the same feel to me when I washed it.  I must be trying the wrong stuff winky.gif

I do order from fabric.com occasionally though, so next time I'll be sure to add a few yards and give it a whirl!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#20 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Remember that places like Target and Babies R Us, you get a completion coupon at the end.  I need to change my registries to being due earlier once the shower is done, so that I can add stuff like batteries or whatever else I need...you'll get that % off of everything on there!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#21 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Remember that places like Target and Babies R Us, you get a completion coupon at the end.  I need to change my registries to being due earlier once the shower is done, so that I can add stuff like batteries or whatever else I need...you'll get that % off of everything on there!

Yeah I was just thinking about changing my due date to right after my shower so I could do the same. lol.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#22 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:

So the bubble gauze through fabric.com washes up the same?  I've purchased a few different yardages (through Fabric Depot), and the cheaper one looked like it would be similar, but the end product didn't wash up with the same feel (I think that one was about $5 per yard).  At $4-$5 per yard, you would certainly see the savings in the end.  But the cheaper stuff just didn't have the same feel to me when I washed it.  I must be trying the wrong stuff winky.gif

I do order from fabric.com occasionally though, so next time I'll be sure to add a few yards and give it a whirl!

I have it in my cart, but haven't bought it yet, so I can't say 100%, but I was told by someone that used it to make summer skirts that it was the same stuff :) If you're ordering fabric.com double check for current coupons there's one now for 15% off orders over 40$ :)

~SynEpona~
#23 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 03:00 PM

OK, I was not going to to do a registry, but after looking at all yours and considering the fact I could get a discount on anything I put on it I am all the sudden having tons of fun on Amazon!!! So glad I have yours to look at though, it has helped jog my memory of what we might need! I will add mine later for you all to look at.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#24 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:

If you're ordering fabric.com double check for current coupons there's one now for 15% off orders over 40$ :)

Oh sure, twist my arm!  I swear that DH must think I've gone insane with the fabric.  I can't find baby clothes that excite me AT ALL (except WAY out of my price range), so I've been ordering up knits a plenty.  But if I *must* put together an order from fabric.com, then I'll do what has to be done.  Solely for experimentation's sake, right? orngbiggrin.gif

#25 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM

It expires Tuesday (a week tomorrow, not tomorrow!)

BOXSTF40 for 15% off $40 or more. exp 4/12/11

Happy shopping! (and I think I linked to my affordable knits source in the crafty thread too .... just in case, you know, you need more knits!)

Quote:

Oh sure, twist my arm!  I swear that DH must think I've gone insane with the fabric.  I can't find baby clothes that excite me AT ALL (except WAY out of my price range), so I've been ordering up knits a plenty.  But if I *must* put together an order from fabric.com, then I'll do what has to be done.  Solely for experimentation's sake, right? orngbiggrin.gif

love4bob likes this.

~SynEpona~
#26 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 PM

- Buddha
#27 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 AM

Here are mine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=baby&id=W9MIGMU2WJZ9

http://www.target.com/registry/baby/YOV9GI5Z9NJX

http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=54780731001

I really don't have too much on any of them. Probably wouldn't have bothered with the Walmart one at all- BUT its one of the only stores in the small town DF and I are from- and we both worked there for two year (and hated every minute), but we are still close to many of the people that work there- so I figure more than likely they will shop at Walmart if they get us anything- so I wanted to at least add some things on there that the baby could use- a lot of the things towards the bottom w/o pics are tights, socks, hairbows, etc.

I need to go through and edit the registries a bit- we've been able to get a few things on the list 2nd hand (like some awesome swaddle blankets- still want the muslin ones for summer though). I also added some of the same things to each list (mostly the thing we really want or need)- and if we get them I'll remove them from the other lists.

Since we aren't having a baby shower here in TX greensad.gif , we are having a "meet the baby" party in December when we are back home. I'm requesting "No presents, just your presence" , but I'm sure some people will still probably bring gifts- I wonder if its possible to leave up the registry for awhile after she is born? Although, I'm thinking we really won't NEED anything at that point- so I'm not sure what i'd put on it even if we did leave it up?

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#28 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 AM

So upon viewing my registries- I realized the Target one is missing quite a few things we placed on there- Has anyone else had this problem with their Target registry? Some of it missing (that I can remember) were placed there from online- like some Rockabye Baby lullaby rendition CDs and Raffi CDS, and some we added in the store.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#29 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

So upon viewing my registries- I realized the Target one is missing quite a few things we placed on there- Has anyone else had this problem with their Target registry? Some of it missing (that I can remember) were placed there from online- like some Rockabye Baby lullaby rendition CDs and Raffi CDS, and some we added in the store.

Yes.  Target is notorious for adding and removing items!  I remember going through that with my wedding registry.  Sometimes quantities get messed up too.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#30 of 40 Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Have you guys used MyRegistry.com?

I just signed up.  It's awesome!  You can add anything from any site.  I had a small Amazon one going (mostly newborn cloth diapering stuff and a few small odds and ends since this is baby #2), but sometimes Amazon wouldn't have the best prices on diapering gear, and they don't have a great selection of prefolds to choose from.  So, I just put the diapers and covers I've been drooling over at Green Mountain Diapers on my MyRegistry.  When a guest clicks on something you've listed, it takes you to the website (ie: Green Mountain Diapers or wherever you're adding things from), so you can basically combine what you'd like to register for at ten (or thirty!) different websites all in one place.  

I guess the downside is that people wouldn't have an in-store list to shop from, like they would at Target or BRU, but maybe one could create a smaller in-store registry, too.  For our first baby, as well as our wedding, most people shopped online for us anyway.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page