Baby Boy names... PLEASE HELP me!! <3 lol! - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?
Alder 7 58.33%
Emzy 1 8.33%
Lucian 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

People say it takes a village to raise a child... but I also think it takes a village to NAME one! Ugh! My husband and I are both pretty picky about names, and now that we know the gender (it's a boy!!) we're having a lot of trouble deciding between our favorites. We've weighed the pros and cons of all of them, tried pairing them with various middle names, etc. and at this point... I'm just confused!

So if you can chime in with your opinion, that would be awesome! Comments about why you like it (or why you don't) would also be appreciated... but be nice! We've spent many hours picking these! winky.gif Here they are:

Alder

Emzy

Lucian

We really love the middle name Grant, and it's in the family, so that's probably what most of these names would be paired with. And our last name is Williamson. Owen also has some potential for a middle name (another family name). And of course we like all the names above so we'd be open to making them middle names instead... especially Emzy, which is also in the family.

Thanks so much!

- Rachel lady.gif

+ married to Red photosmile2.gif
+ mama to Brooklynn luxlove.gif (age 12)

+ mama to Alder femalesling.GIF born 08/10/11!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM

I think Alder Grant Williamson has a nice sound to it, so I voted for Alder.

Names are always so personal that I'm a big advocate at picking a name you love no matter what anyone else has to say about it, or how popular/unique the name is. Go with what you love the most.

Valkyrie89 likes this.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#3 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM

I have to vote for Lucian Grant! That one makes me very happy :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#4 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Another vote for Alder Grant!  I think it sounds wonderful.  Though, Owen Grant is nice, I like Alder better with your last name.  But I agree with Lyn -- go with your gut.  Whatever *feels* best to you should be this baby's name.  Congrats on your boy!! 

Valkyrie89 likes this.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much, ladies! This is really helpful!!

- Rachel lady.gif

#6 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I really love Lucian, and I think Grant sounds wonderful with it. Emzy isn't a name I've heard before, and I think it's also really nice for a middle name, although it isn't my taste for a first name. orngbiggrin.gif

Boys names are hard! We picked Malcolm Michael (Michael is both of our father's names), and we'll call him Mal. The only problem with this is we have an older daughter and will probably have one more, and people are already making the "Malcolm in the Middle" jokes. Good luck picking a name!

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#7 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 PM

Okay, so I voted on your poll before reading your post >.< I voted Lucian, because it's my favorite name of the 3 BUT! After reading the middle and last name- i have to say WITHOUT a doubt- Alder is perfect. And Lucian is far more common than Alder. I love the sound of all 3 names together. And I have to be honest in saying I've never heard the name Emzy, and I think it has a little too much of a cute-sy sound to it- so I think both Alder and Lucian would be more manly of names for him to grow into. But this is just my personal preference of course!  Best of luck to you- naming a baby is HARD work! Especially when someone else is involved lol!

ribbonjigsaw.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gifribbonpb.gif teapot2.GIF Proud Christian Mama to LJ & Bee 2ndtri.gif due with #3 in August! 
Loving Wife to hubby Tony!  love.gif5/16/08 & 5/14/10 love.gif  Our angel left us 10/2/09 angel1.gif
#8 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 PM

I really like Alder out of the three. I fully admit to being partial to nature names though.

#9 of 9 Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all! It's been so helpful for us to hear what names people are drawn to! I think we have two official names that we're deciding between now...

Alder Emzy Williamson

Lucian Grant Williamson

any thoughts? fingersx.gif

- Rachel lady.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page