How crunchy are you? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know I got docked for the meat thing and the breastfeeding... i have made an effort to get my family to go vegan, and they love all the meals I have made, but DH wont go all the way. I have compromised by telling him he either needs to hunt it himself and make sure it is done as humanly as possible and do the dirty work himself, or pay for local organic meat, which he agrees to. And I have to admit that the wild game he gets is pretty good... so dock away I guess! I also like that I know how most of the animal is used when he hunts. He dose some of the processing and then takes the rest to a local processor who does the rest and uses everything or gives it to others who will us it (and I don't mean grinding it into mcnuggests or dog food!). We have gotten giant bones for our dog to chew on though, he loves them.

As far as the breastfeeding, i would not call it child led, so i did not answer that way, but it was pretty much a mutual thing where I stopped offering and they stopped asking. Maybe I refused them once or twice due to being away at bed time or something, but no trauma or tears really.

Oh, and the co-sleeping... but I have already posted a thread on that. it may happen with this baby though and I am open to that.

And I do not go barefoot in the winter, brrr.

On the EC, we sort of did with DD1 (part time, cloth when we were out and some at home), but not at all with DD2 (part time cloth part time disposable). So going to do it this time, what a difference.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 79 Old 04-15-2011, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

So funny! This thread made the main page on the site. :-)

"Are you crunchy? Take this quiz to find out!"

#63 of 79 Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckedyPeg View Post

Reading all the results has piqued my curiosity ... super duper grape nuts mamas: do you go barefoot all the time, even in public? How many people do that? I am just wondering! hehe

I *have* barefooted in public and I have no problem with it personally however, I gotta pick n choose my battles. Unfortunatley I spend more time defending my right to be barefoot then I care to while I'm out doing errands etc. I'd just rather throw sandles on. So I do.

I do have a friend that barefoots ALL the time and doesn't seem to have any issues. She lives in an area where folks just don't seem to mind as much. She has a pair of those toe shoes that look like toe sox! I totally want some but at 100+ bucks- not possible at this point.

It does get super cold in the winter here. So, while I love wearing no shoes and being barefoot- I do tend to wear sox when it's cold LOL! I have berks to wear with sox out in public during the winter.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#64 of 79 Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm a supper nutty crunchy something. Ok:) that's a funny quiz!
#65 of 79 Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 AM

126 - Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch! Got marked down for not using a midwife or homebirthing (that's what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere), not using cloth diapers (would love to, but just didn't work out with DS1), eating meat and not homeschooling. 

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#66 of 79 Old 04-16-2011, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

It's funny, I don't eat meat, but I didn't give myself points for that because I'm not able to grow my own food right now, which was something else it stated along with being vegetarian. I personally think that folks who raise their own meat are pretty crunchy and deserve to be in this category/get the maximum points. I wear makeup and shave, so those things probably lowered my points, as well. Oh well. This was a fun little quiz.

#67 of 79 Old 04-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Cute quiz, I got pretty crispy (60)

#68 of 79 Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM

109 Whole grain crunch.eat.gif  I was wondering what crunchy means, now I know!

Mom of 6 and a new grandma.  Mom to a sweet boy with autism. Jesus is the love and the light of my lifestillheart.gif
homeschool.gif ribbonjigsaw.gifgrouphug.gifreading.gifwhale.giftea6.gif

#69 of 79 Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

169-130 Super Nutty, Ultra-Crunchy, Granola Earth Mama!

Im shocked!

#70 of 79 Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Cute. I'm a little disappointed I only scored 129, though. Alas, I wear shoes! And yeah, my transfer during my first pregnancy from a planned homebirth to a c-section certainly lost me points. If only I would make our cloth dipes and my pads instead of buying them, I could inch my way up... (it's my new goal!)

#71 of 79 Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM

I got a "Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!"

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#72 of 79 Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 PM

117 - MMM - love the whole grain crunch!

Docked for shaving and wearing shoes I think, but extra points for not using diapers!!  Fun quiz!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#73 of 79 Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 PM

I do shave and I love makeup and sock and shoes...so I'm assuming that is why I got a 147. It didn't give a lot of options for homeschooling. I have homeschooled for 2 years in the past but I am not currently homeschooling, but I keep that as an option for the future since I have tons of issues with the public school system. 

I am crunchy because I rarely ever see a doctor, i use herbal remedies, i don't vaccinate, I use cloth and I do elimination communication (EC was the first subject that has came up that my new partner was surprised and raised an eyebrow at! homebirth and no vax wasn't a big deal to him but he looked at me like I was super strange when he first heard about the infant pottying idea, lol), I eat organic as much as possible but don't grow my own yet, i nurse during pregnancy and I tandem nursed for 1 year ( although that was very very draining so I am trying to space children further apart so I only have one nursing child at a time in the future), I do childled weaning (made uninformed mistake of not nursing first child, then 2nd daughter weaned at 3years and son weaned at 2.5years), I cosleep fully until about 2 or 3 years and then gradually transition them to their own beds, I birth unassisted and I keep sharp cutting objects away from infant genitals. 

RubyLu likes this.
#74 of 79 Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 AM

96! Too funny/cute!

ribbonjigsaw.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gifribbonpb.gif teapot2.GIF Proud Christian Mama to LJ & Bee 2ndtri.gif due with #3 in August! 
Loving Wife to hubby Tony!  love.gif5/16/08 & 5/14/10 love.gif  Our angel left us 10/2/09 angel1.gif
#75 of 79 Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM

170 Crunchier than Grape nuts  Cute :)

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#76 of 79 Old 04-19-2011, 06:57 PM

167 Super Nutty, Ultra-Crunchy, Granola Earth Mama!

Who would have thought? I don't feel that crunchy and I always think I could do more.

I had not realized until very recently that some people find barefoot walking gross and even offensive.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#77 of 79 Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 AM

107 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!

I had no idea wearing shoes was non-crunchy. Even for those of us who live in places where there's snow on the ground in April? shrug.gif

Living in Wisconsin with my partner of 20+ years and our DDenergy.gif(Born 10/09/08 ribboncesarean.gif). Why CI Mama? Because I love contact improvisation!

#78 of 79 Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanromaniac View Post

First time I did it based on current kiddo and what happened (homebirth that ended up transporting and was NOT a natural childbirth in the end, difficulty nursing so pumped for nine months, husband couldn't deal with baby snuffles in the night so no co-sleeping, etc.) and I got a 98!!

Then I re-took it based on how I want the next kiddo to be and got a 114...so I guess I'm still in the middle of crunchy....but I know I'm definitely one of the crunchiest amongst my friends and neighbors!! ROTFLMAO.gif

Haha...guess I'm getting crunchier!! I retook the test again, based on how I am currently/want the next kiddo to be and now I scored a 167!! 

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#79 of 79 Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM

Got a 104 - definetly would've been higher pre-first child :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page