YEE HAW! We've got colostrum!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Great!  Thanks.  Since it's just like that one side, I was less sure what to think.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

That's normal as far as I know!  Mine is still clear but I know in a few weeks as I closer to delivery it turns whiteish yellow.

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

It makes me happy that everyone is practicing their hand expressing on my account orngbiggrin.gif  It's a good skill to have in a pinch too!!!  (Heh, in a pinch...)

In all seriousness though, I've just felt so "bleh" through this whole pregnancy.  I truly do view nursing as a super power of sorts...  I'm still occasionally nursing my DS too, so this just makes me feel like I'm on the road to functioning.  It's a good feeling!

I will reiterate to any mamas reading this thread, that making colostrum or being able to express colostrum at any point in pregnancy is no indication of whether you'll have colostrum or be a good milker postpartum.  The two are unrelated!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 AM

Never been pregnant before and... whoa! This just happened to me for the first time! Was wondering why my boob felt wet and... oh... surprise!! winky.gif hahaha

Logged onto mothering to see if it had happened to anyone else too and, sure enough! Mine is just clear so far, and not very much. Haven't tried expressing or anything. But wow! Glad to know they work right, I guess! lol

- Rachel lady.gif

+ married to Red photosmile2.gif
+ mama to Brooklynn luxlove.gif (age 12)

+ mama to Alder femalesling.GIF born 08/10/11!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Ok I tried, clumsily, and there was no sign of anything. And, um, I totally felt like a cow! Heehee. Not in a bad way, cows are awesome. And I feel like one anyway, all placid and huge and grazing the day away.

ROTFLMAO.gif  Ha!  This made me actually laugh out loud! 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).

User Tag List