birthing bead exchange august DDC (exchange now closed at 23 participants...thanks everyone!!!) - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 314 Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I finally finished mine today!

000_1317.jpg

The lion was a special splurge.  The baby will (most likely) be a Leo and I felt like I could probably use some lion strength during labor!  Also it is hand-painted from Russia, and DH is Russian smile.gif

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#302 of 314 Old 07-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

very pretty! 

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

We have cat.gif),dog2.gifdog2.gif. and a tree frog. 

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

#303 of 314 Old 07-15-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

LOVE it!!!!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#304 of 314 Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm a little late getting my necklace together but hey better late than never seeing I'm 39 weeks and can pop anytime now.  I love love love all the beads & kind words that were sent along. 

IMG_0980.jpgIMG_0981.jpg

These are the beads from our DDC                                       The bracelets are beads from family.  The one on the right is from my baby

blessing.  The one on the left was sent from a long time family friend. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#305 of 314 Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Those look great smile.gif

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#306 of 314 Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

So pretty! My babyshower/blessingway is next Sunday...I'll have all my beads (I think) by that point...I can't wait to make up the necklace!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#307 of 314 Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM

Here's mine at the moment:
birthbeads.jpg

I took the beads from my shower and merged them with the ones sent here. At the shower they had everyone write a thought, or prayer in a book as the put the bead on the wire. I am considering re-stringing them though as I'm not really happy with the area near the clasp. The wire didn't get as tight as I wanted. The "bead" in the center is a piece from a keyboard(the part that goes under the keys) to represent my husband. :) I also am not thrilled with how that part hangs. But for now I am happy wit hit and it makes me smile when I look at it. 
I've worn it twice since finishing because it makes me feel good to think about the thoughts that where behind each bead. 

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

We have cat.gif),dog2.gifdog2.gif. and a tree frog. 

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

#308 of 314 Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

I loooove it! It's just so pretty, and isn't it amazing how different they all are??? I can't wait to make mine...I'm having my blessingway this weekend, and apparently, there are several in the mail! Yay for support....we all so need it!

#309 of 314 Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I love everyone's necklaces and how unique they all are!

My DH, friend and I strung the beads for my necklace tonight. It's a combination of beads from our DDC, beads DH picked out to represent himself, my stepdaughters, son and the babe I'm carrying (with the center bead representing the baby), tourmaline beads one of my sisters picked out to represent each of my 6 sisters, plus my mom who all live in Maine (Tourmaline is the Maine state gemstone) and Agate beads from 3 of my nieces, plus a bead from the friend who helped me put it together. I'm not putting it on, though, until my iron has been raised to a safer level. I'm superstitious because when I put my necklace on the last pregnancy, my water broke a couple hours later. No joking. I'm going to try to upload some pics. Thanks to everyone for making this necklace so very special. luxlove.gif

100_9732.JPG

100_9735.JPG

#310 of 314 Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 AM

Poetry that is gorgeous!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#311 of 314 Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 AM

Beautiful!  The center bead is really unique and cool.

#312 of 314 Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM

I re-did my necklace to make it look a little more balanced. I've been wearing it yesterday and today in the hope that it will help jumpstart my stalled labor.

43b5c1af-26e7-e497.jpg

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#313 of 314 Old 08-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks, Hawaiian Blessing and Chaika.  I was very pleased with how it came out. I had to wait long enough to receive all my beads so that I could make it. LOL It's hard not to wear it. The center bead reminded DH of the baby in my womb. Your necklaces came out nicely, as well. I love how you both chose center beads that are meaningful to you.

Egmaranian, what a lovely necklace!

#314 of 314 Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM

I didn't participate in this (mainly because I was afraid I'd pick the wrong kind of bead and not know how to make the necklace!) but I've enjoyed looking at all of your creations!! Everyone has made such pretty necklaces!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page