Mothering Forum banner

Good appointment today

390 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Maurine 
#1 ·
I had my midwife appt today. I'm up 22 pounds at 26 wks, measuring about 24.5-25wks. She said that was all good and said most first time moms measure a little small because the stomach muscles are still trying to hold things in. We talked about a lot of things. She alleviated one of my biggest stressors...pooping during labor. :) She said it happens, but the majority of her clients do not because the body very often cleans things out leading up to labor. I know that's not a guarantee I won't, but it's good to know that there's a good chance I'll be in the clear. I'm sure I'll have bigger worries when the time actually comes. We talked about my heartburn and she told me to have milkshakes to help. I knew there was a reason I loved her. :) I had one tonight after dinner and low and behold, it helped...A LOT. Plus I'm actually low in calcium right now so that kills two birds with one stone. I just love our visits. She never rushes me and always answers my questions. She even gave me a recommendation for a doc today. Woo hoo! I'm going to set up an appt with him next week so DH and I can decide if he may be a good doc for the little one. Fingers crossed! It's close to my house too...less than 10 minutes. Maybe that's fate!

#3 ·
She said it can be a milkshake or a protein shake, but lots of dairy. I just put a little bit of coffee ice cream in a short glass and then poured milk over it and smooshed it around. Then I ate it slowly with a spoon. Totally a milkshake consistency and I tell you the heartburn went away almost immediately and it's stayed away (that was an hour ago) and it was raging after dinner. Bad precedent maybe? I'll take it!!!

#6 ·
Mmmmm....a milkshake does sound good!

I am sorry that you're worried about pooping! :) From what I hear, almost everyone does to some degree, but birth practitioners are very used to it. They just wipe it away quickly and the mom is often none-the-wiser...

#7 ·
I understand the worry...but hey....it's birth.

For the record, after my 7 year old's birth, my now 12 year old drew a very sweet picture of him being born. I remember smiling at the innocence of it, a baby's head, my butt, and..."what is that sweetie?" "Oh...well, that's the poop that was coming out that almost hit Barretts face when he was being born."

Oh.

Great.

Nice.

moon.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.