Spent the night at L&D - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

- And mine.  How are you faring?

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 AM

Mine, too! You are well-loved and well-worried-over. Luckily time is flying by so quickly!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much you guys! It's wonderful knowing that people are thinking of us...I tend to feel forgotten and lost in our tiny little town lol.

Contractions still suck. I usually have a couple of good days after my shots (wednesdays) but yesterday was pretty bad. It's getting harder and harder to do even basic "mommy" tasks, and the kids are suffering because of it. We're looking at getting some help, because even getting up to go kiss a boo-boo starts contractions for a while. I'm pretty adamant to not take the drugs, so I tend to take it extra easy. I have another cervix check on Monday, and I'm praying it still holds!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 05-21-2011, 11:59 AM

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:50 PM

I hope you can find some help, Jill, and those contractions stay quiet! Rooting for you and your baby!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:40 PM

I hope you get the help that you you need. You are doing great so far. hug.gif

Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM

Jill, have you posted in your tribal area?  I know your tagline is that you're in a hole by a mountain, but maybe someone would be nearby?  I'm glad to see that you're trying to get some help, but it sounds like you need more than some help, you need lots of help!

Thinking thick cervical thoughts for you!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 05-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Keep those feet up and call the kiddos TO you to kiss boo boos. ((HUG)) They will learn fast enough that if they need something they will be able to do it for themselves...and yes, getting help is a great idea! Keeping you in my heart...blowkiss.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Jill, have you posted in your tribal area?  I know your tagline is that you're in a hole by a mountain, but maybe someone would be nearby?  I'm glad to see that you're trying to get some help, but it sounds like you need more than some help, you need lots of help!

There are a whole bunch of ladies about 2 hours away, but we are REALLY REALLY rural, and I've posted in there many times over the years without finding anyone! eyesroll.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

There are a whole bunch of ladies about 2 hours away, but we are REALLY REALLY rural, and I've posted in there many times over the years without finding anyone! eyesroll.gif

What about a teenager? School is almost out for the summer and perhaps a graduating senior that is going on to study childcare or elementary education would be able to live in over the summer and help you out with the kiddos, and get some experience to boot. The nice thing about teenagers are they are full of energy, and you can train them to do things the way you like them done. Perhaps some of the Mammas in your tribal area would know of someone like that to come and help you.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Good idea Lyn! Our town only has like 200kids k-12, but I will ask around and see if I can find someone, especially for afternoons when dd1 needs entertaining and I need a nap. lol

I wish there was someone in the tribal area near me! I have a ton of great mama friends in the city 2.5 hours away, but we're just too rural (and too...ummm redneck? lol) in this area to find many like-minded mamas! I can't wait till this little guy is here so I can head into the city and play with my mama friends. smile.gif

Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

LOL, we used to live in a town that small, they just finally got a stop light a few years back!  We live in a larger town now but still small, it is nice to have a few more options. Back in tiny town, the small market was the hub for everything, there would be flyers up for people looking for work and I could post one if I needed something. Anything like that? A teen would be perfect for some play for a few hours and in a town that small it isn't like there are many jobs for teens

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List