What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know not everyone is into this, but I found someone to do my placenta encapsulation and it's super local and not too expensive!  yay!  crossing it off the to-do list!!! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I know not everyone is into this, but I found someone to do my placenta encapsulation and it's super local and not too expensive!  yay!  crossing it off the to-do list!!! 

That's awesome!

I keep forgetting to email the person who does it here locally. I've convinced DF to clean it and cut it up if the encapsulating costs too much. Bless his heart, I bet he never imagined when we started dating that one day he'd be helping me give birth in a bathtub and chopping up one of my organs.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

Bless his heart, I bet he never imagined when we started dating that one day he'd be helping me give birth in a bathtub and chopping up one of my organs.

You've got a good man there darlin'!!  My DH would absolutely faint.  Animal blood doesn't bother him at all, but people blood -- it's all he can do to hold on to consciousness.  I get such a kick out of the mental picture there though.  You should make him a special placenta apron orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

That's awesome!

I keep forgetting to email the person who does it here locally. I've convinced DF to clean it and cut it up if the encapsulating costs too much. Bless his heart, I bet he never imagined when we started dating that one day he'd be helping me give birth in a bathtub and chopping up one of my organs.

Wow!  That's amazing!  My DH is so appalled by the idea I cant even talk to him about it.  When I asked my mw to recommend someone, she went into a thing about how we could do it ourselves and she would walk us through it and I cut her off and said, "No, no no.  DH is absolutely 100% grossed out by this, to the point where he's almost against it.  I need someone to come, pick it up, and come back with a bottle of pills!"  LOL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 AM

My DH came home with a big bunch of flowers AND a yummy chocolate cake ALL for me. joy.gif

I mentioned on Wednesday night that I really wanted a big slice of chocolate cake. DH looked really pathetic and asked if he had to go out and get me some. I said "No" I didn't need the cake, I just wanted it because I was so exhausted from all the fun of DS teething and not sleeping this week. So he decided to treat me anyway and got me the flowers too because I didn't make him go to the store late at night.

And its Friday and DH has a 3 day weekend coming up, and we're going away overnight on Sunday to visit a friend in Orlando, so I'll get a break from this tiny apartment for two days.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 AM

It is July 1st and we can finally say our babies are coming NEXT MONTH!!!  I'm so excited and READY! 

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

It is July 1st and we can finally say our babies are coming NEXT MONTH!!!  I'm so excited and READY! 

Don't say that! I'm not ready yet. horrors.gif

AFM

I made a sloppy joe pot pie thing last night. (Corn bread on top of sloppy joe meat) and DH loved it. He's not usually enthusiastic about stuff I cook, and he hates leftovers. He told me I couldn't have any more of the left overs because he wanted them. Finally something that isn't super expensive that I can make weekly or so and he'll be happy!

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Old 07-01-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm encapsalating my placenta too!  I bet DP would be willing to help prepare it if we needed to.  He likes to go hunting, so I don't think it would bother him.  However, our midwife takes care of it for a fee, which is fine with me because I don't think we really want to deal with it after the birth if we don't have to.  DP does think it is a little weird, but sees the logic of taking the pills--plus he is use to me by now lol.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 07-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

Don't say that! I'm not ready yet. horrors.gif

AFM

I made a sloppy joe pot pie thing last night. (Corn bread on top of sloppy joe meat) and DH loved it. He's not usually enthusiastic about stuff I cook, and he hates leftovers. He told me I couldn't have any more of the left overs because he wanted them. Finally something that isn't super expensive that I can make weekly or so and he'll be happy!

That sounds like something my husband would like.  He'll eat anything with cornbread on it lol.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:

jaw2.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:

This was my FB status!  Next month!!  WOO HOO!  And I'm sure a few of us will be this month -- at least at the end, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

I made a sloppy joe pot pie thing last night. (Corn bread on top of sloppy joe meat) and DH loved it. 

Hmm.  That sounds dangerously delicious.  My gears are turning now....

Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
My DH came home with a big bunch of flowers AND a yummy chocolate cake ALL for me.

Quote:
I've convinced DF to clean it and cut it up if the encapsulating costs too much. Bless his heart, I bet he never imagined when we started dating that one day he'd be helping me give birth in a bathtub and chopping up one of my organs.

I love to hear about all these sweet partners, helping with the placenta and bringing chocolate cake and flowers! DH is so squeamish, the poor guy can't even touch raw meat, chopping up one of my organs is definitely out of the question for him, lol. I also luckily found a woman who practices chinese medicine who will do the capsules for me for $75, everyone else in Denver was charging around $200, so I am stoked!

I am also feeling good about how wonderful DH has been, he has just been really supportive and excited about the baby which makes this much easier for me. He was also really into our natural childbirth classes we took, and afterward said he is excited about helping me though labor! That is way more than I expected of him!

Also I just discovered the awesomness of buying used baby clothes! I spent $5 and got 5 super cute baby outfits from the goodwill!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM

We are going away for the weekend!!!  I know this may not seem like a big thing to some but if you only knew where we lived you'd see why this is so great!  So we're off to Amarillo for the weekend.  Hopefully will get to check out some furniture places to find DD a big girl bed and maybe do some more shopping.  We might also go to Palo Duro (sp?) Canyon and have a look.  Even though we're gonna do all that I'm so much more excited to get to take a shower...we've been stuck taking baths here in this stupid house.  Ohh and the food!  Eating out at nice restaurants!  I don't care for Oklahoma/Kansas food for some reason, just doesn't taste the same to me.  And I've not been able to cook very much here in this rent house b/c we do not have a working oven, plus a lot of my cooking stuff is still packed and ready to move again.  So I'm excited to go out and eat!

Hope everybody has a good 4th of July!   

Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My DH got an ipod at his workplace for meeting his goals for the month and he gave it to me. How sweet~~joy.gifI've been wanting an MP3 player and now I can use the ipod. Plus, I think it has some organizer capability and goodness knows I need to be more organized, especially before this babe comes.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:08 PM

on placenta talk, i am going to be eating mine straight up...a first for me. i haven't even eaten any kind of meat for like 12 years......pretty sure i'll be going the smoothie route. but the good news is that my midwife completely offered (without a fee) to take care of the placenta, cutting it up into good smoothie sized chunks before throwing it into the freezer for me. i am stoked! clearly, i will not be messing too much with my placenta, i want to snuggle little baby and get nursing going with a vengeance.

on the note that our babies will be coming next month......omg. that sounds like crazy talk. i for one cannot believe there is going to be a new person in our family. who is this kid????

excited, nervous, in disbelief, all of those things. though having braxton hicks that feel like full on throes of labor sure help to make it feel more real.

eeek!

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

on placenta talk, i am going to be eating mine straight up...a first for me. i haven't even eaten any kind of meat for like 12 years......pretty sure i'll be going the smoothie route. but the good news is that my midwife completely offered (without a fee) to take care of the placenta, cutting it up into good smoothie sized chunks before throwing it into the freezer for me. i am stoked! clearly, i will not be messing too much with my placenta, i want to snuggle little baby and get nursing going with a vengeance.

I'm going straight up on at least half of mine too.  I had the whole thing encapsulated last time, and I'm curious if raw will help any more with my energy in those first few days postpartum.  I'm going to try eating it plain, and if that's not appealing, then my midwife will make a smoothie.  My midwife was saying that a lot of her moms are surprised by how willing they feel to eat it.  They take one bite, and then instinct kicks in...

I got a bunch of things done around the house today, which always makes me feel good.  Aaaaand, DH is off fetching me a sandwich from one of my favorite places in town.  Can't wait for those hot peppers....  MMMMMMM.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:58 PM

I haven't felt very good today but!

Finally got up the oomph to do all the laundry - and it's even folded before it's wrinkly! That's amazing. Well, hope that I still am good when this last load dries, but I should be!

And I got all the dishes put away, washed and loaded. So that's very good too :D

Tomorrow I just need to wash sheets and I'm a happy girl :)

We bought a grill today. He's busy putting it together right now - 10pm. Oh well. He wants it, he gets it. I'm not up for eating meat tonight, so he's cooking for himself. Hopefully it's wonderful!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 PM

I survived work today! Now if I can just survive the mad rushes tomorrow and Monday I get 4 days off

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 07-02-2011, 11:57 PM

Today I made home made sausage gravy, which was delicious, watermelon sorbet, and zucchini bread. I feel accomplished :D

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstella View Post

Today I made home made sausage gravy, which was delicious, watermelon sorbet, and zucchini bread. I feel accomplished :D

Yum yum yum! That all sounds great!

My good news is good! DH seems to finally be willing to seriously talk names. I think we're getting somewhere! Hooray!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Got out to see some beautiful scenery!  Thought I'd share!

DSC03139.JPG

Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Nice bethany!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM

DH and I went swimming today, I was kind of dreading it since I really don't want to be anywhere near a swimsuit right now, but we went to try to flip this stubborn breech baby. I didn't anticipate just how blissful being in the water is when you are huge and pregnant! I got to exercise for almost an hour without feeling like hell, it felt sooooo good to use my body and feel not pregnant for a while. No luck flipping the baby, but I had a blast anyway.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:15 AM

I couldn't stand to be home all day again so I called my mom and spent the day with her. Very enjoyable. Talked tons and she coated me with olive oil when I couldn't stop scratching. Very very nice :) Good day all around.

Came home and Dusty wanted to use our new grill and made burgers! I couldn't eat much of mine.. I've had a strong aversion to meat the last few days. Very strange, but okay! Fine.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 AM

I've been having lots more BHs than usual in the past few days! I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's kind of cool and reminds me that I'm really getting closer to the birth time.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM

My dp is so nice about the baby now a days.  He is genuinely excited (probably way more than I am since he has never had a baby and is clueless about what it will be like lol)  It's so nice being able to talk to him now about baby stuff with out him clamming up and getting all quiet and pissy.  Now I am just annoyed that it took him 32 weeks to get to this point!

I made great money this weekend.  It all went to rent...but I'm still proud of me anyways for surviving that trip/job.

:)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

DH and I went swimming today, I was kind of dreading it since I really don't want to be anywhere near a swimsuit right now, but we went to try to flip this stubborn breech baby. I didn't anticipate just how blissful being in the water is when you are huge and pregnant! I got to exercise for almost an hour without feeling like hell, it felt sooooo good to use my body and feel not pregnant for a while. No luck flipping the baby, but I had a blast anyway.

Last week I found out my baby is breech (@ 33 weeks) ...I'm going to go swimming at a local pool tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 PM

DH and I tackled the utility room today and I am almost done organizing DS's old baby clothes. I'm finding many more onesies and gowns than I remember having and also more gender neutral clothes than I expected to find. It feels so nice. This week I can focus on washing everything up. AND I am super excited because I thought  I had donated our food dehydrator, but DH unearthed it. It was buried among all our stuff in that room. But yay! It's not often that I regret donating or decluttering, but I really missed the food dehydrator.

And DH has been remarkable lately. He's really been focusing on soothing DS, getting him to sleep, etc. and he has been remarkably successful at it. That will really be helpful when the new baby comes. thumb.gif

Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM

What a beautiful pic! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Got out to see some beautiful scenery!  Thought I'd share!

DSC03139.JPG

Wow, this REALLY makes me want to go swimming! The only thing is I don't even own a bathing suit that fits. It's great that you had such a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

That sounds like such a great, relaxing day!  As for the meat aversion, I've been experiencing something similar, but I'm a vegetarian.winky.gif Anyway, I usually love veggie meats that look and taste remarkably close to the real thing, but not this pregnancy. If the texture and taste is too much like real chicken, I literally want to hurl. If it's a veggie burger that I can see the vegetables in, I'm fine, but if it looks like real meat, it grosses me out. Also, I've been having a hard time on the rare occasions when DH eats meat, and it usually doesn't bother me. But recently the smell really gets to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I couldn't stand to be home all day again so I called my mom and spent the day with her. Very enjoyable. Talked tons and she coated me with olive oil when I couldn't stop scratching. Very very nice :) Good day all around.

Came home and Dusty wanted to use our new grill and made burgers! I couldn't eat much of mine.. I've had a strong aversion to meat the last few days. Very strange, but okay! Fine.

Me, too! Hooray for nearing the end, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

I've been having lots more BHs than usual in the past few days! I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's kind of cool and reminds me that I'm really getting closer to the birth time.

I'm so happy that your partner is excited about the baby. Also, congrats on the job/money made and especially that you were physically able to fly and do it with the way that you've been feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My dp is so nice about the baby now a days.  He is genuinely excited (probably way more than I am since he has never had a baby and is clueless about what it will be like lol)  It's so nice being able to talk to him now about baby stuff with out him clamming up and getting all quiet and pissy.  Now I am just annoyed that it took him 32 weeks to get to this point!

I made great money this weekend.  It all went to rent...but I'm still proud of me anyways for surviving that trip/job.

:)

Your baby still has time to turn, but I know you know that. Enjoy the pool! It would be super cool if your baby flipped because of your time swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Roxy View Post

Last week I found out my baby is breech (@ 33 weeks) ...I'm going to go swimming at a local pool tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

User Tag List