What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My MIL is excited about cloth diapers. 

When we first talked about them - somewhere around 20 weeks, maybe earlier - both her and her husband, who remembered the cloth diapers from the 50s , we're sort of "you'll see" and I don't think that they took me seriously. But she finally took a look at my registries and she mentioned them to my DH saying how they were cute, and not what she expected. 

So later that day, when we went over for me to cook dinner (her husband was out of town and I was cooking at the time it was decided) I pulled up some more info about them online. She was frustrated because she couldn't figure out what they looked like unfolded. I'm sure you all understand how most of the pictures are of a closed up diaper, or on a baby. It was really nice to finally feel like I'm getting some support from somebody other than DH. 

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congrats, kylaskye smile.gif! It's great to feel support, and maybe she'll contribute to your stash!

My husband has been AMAZING me lately!

Last weekend he spent a good deal of time organizing the utility room and putting things to donate on the curb, where they were taken fairly quickly.

He has been (on his own initiative with absolutely NO prompting from me) putting DS down for the night and (even though he gets up early for work) been soothing DS when he wakes at night, or at least attempting to. And for the most part he does pretty darn well. I am impressed!

DS woke at 4:45 this morning and DH was awake at 4:30, so DH took care of DS until he left for work just before 8. He changed 2 diapers, fed & bathed him, etc.

I was exhausted yesterday and never got around to washing dishes all day. DH washed them ALL this morning.

Plus, he made me fresh coffee before he left for work.

I'm tired, but my day is off to a great start, thanks to my wonderful DH!!! luxlove.gif blowkiss.gif

Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

My MIL is excited about cloth diapers. 

When we first talked about them - somewhere around 20 weeks, maybe earlier - both her and her husband, who remembered the cloth diapers from the 50s , we're sort of "you'll see" and I don't think that they took me seriously. But she finally took a look at my registries and she mentioned them to my DH saying how they were cute, and not what she expected. 

So later that day, when we went over for me to cook dinner (her husband was out of town and I was cooking at the time it was decided) I pulled up some more info about them online. She was frustrated because she couldn't figure out what they looked like unfolded. I'm sure you all understand how most of the pictures are of a closed up diaper, or on a baby. It was really nice to finally feel like I'm getting some support from somebody other than DH. 

Youtube is great for that -the have good instruction videos that show all the aspects of the diapers :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM

This is probably the ONLY good thing that has happened this week, someone ordered the 12 pack of swaddlebees diapers for me!!!

Whoot!  Now I'm mostly set.  I'll probably get some prefolds and a couple covers and that should be good, I hope.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Kyla, How great to have support, esp from you MIL.

My family is the same way in thinking cloth diapers are all like they were way back when. Even when they thought that they were supportive b/c they know how much cheaper it ends up being!

I've been posting in the complaint thread way too often... I'm going to try to do better about that!

So things I'm happy about today:

I have a DF that is willing to help me clean. He might be ADD as hell, get sidetracked, and end up making more of mess, but at least he's WILLING!

I have a DF that still finds me just as attractive as he did prepregnancy.

I have the best dog in the world, taking a nap with her is a cure for almost anything.

I have a strong, healthy baby inside me.

I just got paid so I can order the last of the NB diapers we needs and.... BIRTH SUPPLIES.

The baby will be big/old enough by the time supplies get here that I can give birth at home.

I'm having a baby in around 5 weeks! (possibly more, hopefully a tad less!)

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 07-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

This is probably the ONLY good thing that has happened this week, someone ordered the 12 pack of swaddlebees diapers for me!!!

Whoot!  Now I'm mostly set.  I'll probably get some prefolds and a couple covers and that should be good, I hope.

That's awesome! So happy for you! We got a couple swaddlebee's off CLs and they seem like very nice diapers!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 AM

I love supportive partners. That's been my consistent feel-good factor this whole pregnancy.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:33 AM

Supportive partners rock! My DH has been truly wonderful lately. It is making these last few uncomfortable weeks much more bearable!

CCL: Congrats on the swaddlebees gift! I have only heard great things about those diapers. They come in cute prints, too!

I feel good about my 7 year old daughter! She is just the best company. She is funny, sweet and so helpful. Whenever I start cleaning anything, she drops whatever she is doing and asks me what she can do to help, completely unsolicited! So proud and happy to be her mama.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 AM

I'm trying to post in this thread if I post in the complaint one! Just to balance things out & not dwell on my complaints :)

We are going to a friends' cottage this weekend, the forecast is beautiful, and they are right on a lake. I will get to paddle my canoe (even though my PFD doesn't fit, so I'll have to borrow a man-sized one to fit around the belly!). DS will get to play with his best friend, and our dog sitter was available, so we don't have to take our very needy dog with us!

When we get back, only 4 working days left for me!!

And, I just realized, today is the 7th. One month till my due date!

~SynEpona~
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 AM

greencarnation, congratulations! That's awesome!

This really spoke to me. My DH finds me as attractive, as well, if not more so. And if not, he's damn good at hiding it! I remember being nervous before my first pregnancy because I'd heard some men don't find their pregnant partners attractive. DH assured me I had nothing to worry about there.  wink1.gif ... And 5 weeks until babe! I've got about the same, hopefully not much less. I have GOT to get busy! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

I have a DF that still finds me just as attractive as he did prepregnancy.

I have the best dog in the world, taking a nap with her is a cure for almost anything.

I have a strong, healthy baby inside me.

I just got paid so I can order the last of the NB diapers we needs and.... BIRTH SUPPLIES.

The baby will be big/old enough by the time supplies get here that I can give birth at home.

I'm having a baby in around 5 weeks! (possibly more, hopefully a tad less!)

ChemistryClass, your daughter sounds like an angel.

SynEpona, your upcoming weekend sounds amazingly relaxing.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 AM

I took a loooong walk today with DH following a small river that runs through the north part of our city. My thighs got all chafed from the heat+jeans and by the end I was trudging pretty slow, but I feel pretty good for going that whole way at 36+ weeks without major issues. That's a walk we would normally spend all afternoon on even when I'm not pregnant! orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

I took a loooong walk today with DH following a small river that runs through the north part of our city. My thighs got all chafed from the heat+jeans and by the end I was trudging pretty slow, but I feel pretty good for going that whole way at 36+ weeks without major issues. That's a walk we would normally spend all afternoon on even when I'm not pregnant! orngbiggrin.gif

Awesome on the walk! I am so impressed. Kudos to you!

I am happy for a couple of reasons. I washed all the 0-3 month baby clothes and put them away. Yay! We live in a one bedroom apartment (and cosleep), so there isn't a lot of space. We have a built in hutch in the kitchen with long, wide, deep drawers, and I've given one to DS and one to this babe. There was plenty of room left over. Now I can use the changing table for diapers and things like little blankets, bibs and hats. The other thing I'm super happy about is that I received a letter in the mail from my Canadian pen pal. The postal service there has been on strike for about a month. And I love receiving letters in the mail! It warms my heart and tickles me pink. luxlove.gif

Old 07-07-2011, 01:42 PM

DF and I had a fairly good morning out- we always try to go to GW/Salvation army at least one morning a week to try and find the last few things we need/want for our apartment.

Today we managed to find a like new comforter with an awesome floral Indian print on it. Its gorgeous, doesn't really match our room but will be better at hiding stains and best part was it was only $8! Went to a consignment store and they were having a 50% off sale so we got the baby a few more outfits. Then went and sold a gold charm bracelet I'd gotten for HS graduation and never worn- the price of gold is so high right now, we got almost $100, then came back home and had an amazing lunch of spaghetti. I'm really proud of that because we usually cave while we are out and end up eating lunch out, which has become expensive lately b/c we are doing it way too often.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:07 PM

I'm happy today because my DH seemed happy. He was able to locate his resume on our files from our old computer which crashed one day after warranty..which means he can update his resume without having to start from scratch...and THIS means, he can apply as a medical social worker to our local hospitals and introduce himself as a viable and eager applicant whenever they have an opening. THIS means he can get out of the mental health world which is driving him mental.... It feels good to know he has some options that include better pay and health benefits!!! AND FLEX PAY AND PAID SICK DAYS AND LONGER VACATION TIME AND A COMPETENT STAFF....and on....and on.

His real love is acute care. He's great at it. He will love working with a diverse population. He understands loss, hospice, and trauma and what it's like to be on the other side of the door as a client. This is good news.

He was also able to re-instate his website for his book, which was lost when his wallet was stolen, and credit card lost. We didn't realize the site was gone till it was gone....and it took SO LONG to develop it....it seemed like just another slap in the face....his book came out the same week of our twin loss, and it was just devastating to him to have spent 10 years creating something beautiful only for life to just...plummet.

He also wrote the first pages to the book we've been planning to write together. It's the sequel to his first book "Being Ourself" by Ty Clement. This one is to be co-authored by me.

He also FOUND my files from the book I was writing when our computer crashed! My book is a social commentary on grief and loss and how our culture doesn't deal with it. I felt so happy that he found it.....hundreds of pages of hard work and research that I had to just....let go. And now, they've been found! Note to self: BACK UP EVERYTHING!!!!

ALSO....All of my articles have been accepted this week without any rewrites, which means I've earned more per hour than when I have to edit them. YAY ME!

ALSO...the magazine I edit for is about to release the next issue mid July, in spite of the fact that 4 of our other people just "left" without any warning. I was told that because I am pregnant, I no longer "inspire" her and so she left. It made me sad, because I am VERY sensitive to the baby loss community about my pregnancy...and honestly, if she is actually born, I can't say that a rainbow baby is ANYTHING but inspiration! I understand loss from a clinical and personal perspective...and this magazine means the world to me. Exhale magazine...an ezine for those who have experienced loss and infertility....And it's GREAT! (if I do say so myself!)

ALSO...I was finally able to register for Fall classes, which is a bit of a joke.....because I'm due the first day of the semester (!!!) BUT, I have significant grant money that I can not turn down...it's my maternity leave cash!! I was so happy that I found two simple online courses that will qualify, and will just have to accept that the two classes I have left will have to wait until I can GO to class with my little one. Spring semester????

ALSO.... My 10 year old was accepted into a choir group, and got a FULL scholarship alongside his older brother to perform and sing in The Pirates of Penzance Opera this summer!

ALSO...My 8 year old brought me a book this morning and shyly asked if it would be o.k. and safe to fill it out. The title of the book? "Kids book to welcome a new baby...fun for a big brother or a big sister" .....I had bought the book for him right before we had our loss two years ago. He's kept it on his private shelf, out of sight...and has been waiting to see if this time, THIS time....things would be better. We got started right away....

ALSO...my friends from the baby loss community have arranged a candlelight vigil for when i go into labor. They will keep those candles burning till our little girl is safe and sound. I feel really loved.

Alicia Venus....she is moving around like a gymnast. She is alive. I am alive. My husband is hopeful and sunny. My boys are great. My dog is nesting. Literally. And....things are moving forward.

I think it's going to be o.k....Really o.k.

Maybe even better than o.k.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

I'm happy today

I think it's going to be o.k....Really o.k.

Maybe even better than o.k.

I'm totally happy for you! :)

~SynEpona~
Old 07-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My soon-to-be MIL sent a wedding band that she had made for my boyfriend when he was just a kid.  I knew she was going to do that and texted him when the package arrived.  He asked me to open it and make sure the ring had arrived safely, so I did...and found a set of rings in there for ME too!  It was a big surprise, I had picked out a simple band but he was stalling on ordering it for me, he said he wanted to wait till his arrived to see how they'd look together.  Now I think that was just a ploy because he knew his mom had rings she was going to send me.  I really like the rings!  They are way too big, even for my fat preggo fingers, but I'm sure I can get them re-sized.

And MY mom has the band from when she was married to my dad that she says I can wear in the meantime (I hope that's not bad luck?).

I promise to take pictures of our not-quite-an-elopement little ceremony!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 AM

Thanks PoetryLover! :D

Awesome EB!

I woke up late and was feeling blah, and then DH came home with those little Starbucks coffee drinks and croissants for both of us. Just what I needed! luxlove.gif Especially since we have to clean and cook today as we are having DH's entire extended family over for coffee and cake tomorrow! nut.gif Ok, it's only about 12 people but we are the youngest and least established in adult life and I am feeling a little bit of stress about it. Not a complaint though!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

I love supportive partners. That's been my consistent feel-good factor this whole pregnancy.

yeahthat.gif My hubby has been/is being amazing!

I am feeling on top of the world today (though exhausted) because I finally had two very irritating moles removed, one of which was within nursing-baby range. I'm walking around with "Ding dong, the witch is dead" in my head. They're gone!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM

I made some very yummy gravy today! Also, found canned biscuits that have good ingredients! Woot! Biscuits aren't hard, but canned are so easy ;) I'm glad they're finally giving me some with reasonable ingredients so I will buy them! Yum!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

yeahthat.gif My hubby has been/is being amazing!

I am feeling on top of the world today (though exhausted) because I finally had two very irritating moles removed, one of which was within nursing-baby range. I'm walking around with "Ding dong, the witch is dead" in my head. They're gone!!!

This made me laugh! I had two large moles on either breast ...they were like twins or something. My now 15 year old was very tactile and loved to fondle them while nursing...and the fondling turned into picking them. . .and the picking turned into total awfulness. I was SO happy to have them removed because they were just a mess....I had to have all moles within his reach removed, because until he was SIX, he would find them with his little fingers and "pick...pick...pick..." GAH! I have mediterranianish skin, which tans easily for the most part....but it also "moles" easily!!! At the moment, I am relatively mole-less, thanks to medical slicing...thank god.

DH's baby shower is today, so maybe we'll get some cute things to oooh and awww over when he comes home! (and maybe he'll bring me a cupcake???)

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 PM

We are finally getting things underway with the house.  The lawyer did not approve of the buyers contract they gave us so DH had to sit down with them yesterday to discuss all the changes we wanted made.  Luckily, they had no problems with any of the changes and got the new contract back to DH today already.  Now to the bank!!!  Finally!!! 

Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

This made me laugh! I had two large moles on either breast ...they were like twins or something. My now 15 year old was very tactile and loved to fondle them while nursing...and the fondling turned into picking them. . .and the picking turned into total awfulness. I was SO happy to have them removed because they were just a mess....I had to have all moles within his reach removed, because until he was SIX, he would find them with his little fingers and "pick...pick...pick..." GAH! I have mediterranianish skin, which tans easily for the most part....but it also "moles" easily!!! At the moment, I am relatively mole-less, thanks to medical slicing...thank god.

DH's baby shower is today, so maybe we'll get some cute things to oooh and awww over when he comes home! (and maybe he'll bring me a cupcake???)

I hope this doesn't happen to me! I have a large, mostly flat mole on my breast. I went to the Derm a couple months ago to have him look at it, since all of my moles have been changing with this pregnancy. He said it was fine, but then ended up removing a mole on my back that I was totally unaware of. I never thought about the baby trying to pick at it, ouch!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Today is my last day of work 'til January!!!!!!!!!

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Yaaaay egmaranian!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 PM

emerging butterfly, congrats on the daddy baby shower! That's so exciting!

egmaranian, you did it! You finished your work this week! Good for you!

Congrats, bethany, that must be such a relief!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Today is my last day of work 'til January!!!!!!!!!

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

WAHOOOO!!!  I know the feeling, woman!  AMAZING!!  You made it!!! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-08-2011, 03:57 PM

egmarinan! YAY!!!!!! Congrats! That will feel gooooooooood! joy.gif

Cat 13...you never know....I swear my kiddo was totally into anything that was dark on my skin, and if it was even a little raised...he was ALL over it. ouch.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Finally got to henna my hair!  Looks so much better now.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Aw, yay to everyone!!  Last days of work, beautiful hair, buying houses...  All great things!

I found out today that our HSA will cover the birth kit aaaaaaaand, the birth tub!!!  Which is AWESOME.  It means that we won't have to pay "out of pocket" for either, and I can spring for the really nice (deeper) tub!  I am super excited!!!  I am really hoping for this one to be a water baby.  With DS I got to the pushing stage and bolted like the tub was on fire ROTFLMAO.gif

Also, when I arrived home from my prenatal appointment (which I was able to miraculously find a sitter for), there was a huge box on our front porch from DH's aunt in California.  She sent us 12 bath towels!  And they're mostly white!  This means I won't have to use my good towels for the birth, and I can just bleach 'em when I'm done!  Yay!  "The List" is slowly getting shorter...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM

July put up a baby pictures thread!  Yay!!!  Baby squishy goodness and we are next!!! joy.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         

User Tag List