What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awwww, congrats Chaika!!!  And red is a wonderful color on you orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#482 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

We got married yesterday! joy.gif

champagne.gif Congratulations!!  You look radiant and so in love!!  I'm so happy for the both of you!!

AFM - today I have done the absolute minimum cleaning,  didn't do any laundry, didn't even plan dinner, and fell asleep on the couch watching Calliou with DD again for about 15 solid minutes.  The good part?  I'm not letting myself feeling even one crumb of guilt!  I feel like I'm in freaking LABOR these ctx are so bad, and I had a rough night last night, so today, I decided I'm taking the day for me! 

And I ate way too much candy and junk and not enough good-for-me food, but it's ok.  I'll make up for it tomorrow.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#483 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!  orngbiggrin.gif

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#484 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations, Chaika!!!! You look so beautiful in your red dress! I love it!

Carrie, no way should you feel guilty! I've accomplished little more than you today and I haven't been having nearly the contractions that it sounds like you are having. Relax and enjoy the day. 

#485 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

champagne.gif Congratulations!!  You look radiant and so in love!!  I'm so happy for the both of you!!

AFM - today I have done the absolute minimum cleaning,  didn't do any laundry, didn't even plan dinner, and fell asleep on the couch watching Calliou with DD again for about 15 solid minutes.  The good part?  I'm not letting myself feeling even one crumb of guilt!  I feel like I'm in freaking LABOR these ctx are so bad, and I had a rough night last night, so today, I decided I'm taking the day for me! 

And I ate way too much candy and junk and not enough good-for-me food, but it's ok.  I'll make up for it tomorrow.  

Is it awful that I want to complain about not having ENOUGH candy and junk? lol...I want icecream so badly...I'm going to make a strong campaign tonight. And good for you for taking a day for yourself. Holy cow, you deserve it!!!

Now I'm off to look at this beautiful picture of Chaika. Congratulations!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#486 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Congrats Chaika! The red dress looked fabulous!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#487 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

We got married yesterday! joy.gif

Congratulations!! And I also LOVE your dress orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#488 of 897 Old 07-10-2011, 11:07 PM

My mom bought me that dress at a Motherhood outlet several months ago, it was on clearance for $12 smile.gif

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#489 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 AM

Yaaay Chaika! Congratulations! Those pictures are totally adorable.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#490 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 04:14 AM

Southern Stormy-- congrats!

AND OMG Chaika!  Congrats to you too! You look so cute in your dress!  I can feel the love ;)

#491 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Chaika, congrats!  It looks like a really cute wedding!

So, my mum is getting me the industrial strength nursing bra from Bravado as well as one of their nursing tanks that has a real built in bra!  If I'm stuck with ginormous bewbs, at least I can have a bra that fits and holds them up!  This one is supposed to be stretchy and good for right when your milk comes in and stuff.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#492 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 AM

I got some sleep last night!!!  Of course, I had to prop up my back and belly, but hey it's okay.  Also had to get up and drink milk for my heart burn but was able to go right back to sleep.  I really needed it!

I also got all the baby clothes, blankets, and burp clothes washed and put away.  Now I need to make my "things I need for the hospital" list and go preregister at the hospital.  I feel like I'm getting somethings done despite not being able to do the majority of things til we're moved.  I got some EPO yesterday but I don't know exactly when I'll start taking it.  I had to order RRL online b/c you can't find it anywhere out here to buy it locally, so that should be here in a few days.  Getting excited about our new house and baby! 

#493 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 AM

So much good news on here - from diapers to weddings! Congratulations Chaika!

#494 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Congratulation Chaika, you both look so happy and radiant.

The first of last weeks online shopping spree just arrived. We now have our new infant car seat. I love when I get things arriving at my door.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#495 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

The first of last weeks online shopping spree just arrived. We now have our new infant car seat. I love when I get things arriving at my door.

Oh my gosh, me too. When our carseat arrived, I took it out and put in my stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh just for fun. lol...Now to figure out the straps.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#496 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Online is my favorite way to shop, but I HATE shopping! Hate, hate, hate it! I only like to shop at used bookstores and other secondhand places. And, well, health food can make me giddy, be it the HFS or health food aisles at normal grocery store. But I still don't like regular grocery shopping.

I love receiving packages in the mail, though. Love, love, love it!

#497 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Oh my gosh, me too. When our carseat arrived, I took it out and put in my stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh just for fun. lol...Now to figure out the straps.

Yes!

We took the carseat the car, looked at it blankly and now it's in the trunk :P It was in the back seat for awhile, but we needed the space. Gotta figure that thing out soon!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#498 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 AM

I love how many happy things are going on ... wedding, engagement, diapers, carseats! :)

Anyone trying to figure out a carseat for the first time, it will be a million times easier to figure out the straps if you stick a teddy bear in there. Trying to see which way straps go in an empty seat is a pain! :)

~SynEpona~
#499 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

I love how many happy things are going on ... wedding, engagement, diapers, carseats! :)

Anyone trying to figure out a carseat for the first time, it will be a million times easier to figure out the straps if you stick a teddy bear in there. Trying to see which way straps go in an empty seat is a pain! :)

lol...yeah, Winnie the Pooh didn't give me any immediate insights, but I have to admit I gave up totally overwhelmed within seconds. I'll try again.

Remembering our 3 losses

#500 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 12:42 PM

Paid a bunch of bills!

And figured out a screwy one. I've had two ultrasounds this year and the first one got billed to me - really expensive, insurance apparently covered nothing. And then I just got a thing from last year's insurance company - who I don't have now - saying they got billed for the second. Huh. Why bother taking a copy of my insurance card every time if you don't use it?

So I called today and it turns out that the first one was billed to Lifewise of OR, not WA. And the second to Regence. So she fixed that and I don't have to pay those bills yet. I called my insurance a bit ago and I'll be paying out of pocket anyway, until I meet my deductable, but the two were going to be $1000 together, so it's nice to know that I'll be getting the insurance discount at least. ><

And I love paying bills. Feels good to have it done!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#501 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

lol...yeah, Winnie the Pooh didn't give me any immediate insights, but I have to admit I gave up totally overwhelmed within seconds. I'll try again.

Did the seat come threaded on the smallest setting? That bugged me about one I just bought, that I had to re-thread everything to get it to the smallest setting ... I've been using DS's seat for nearly 5 years, and many more before & since, but still had to triple check this one, it just didn't look right empty (and that small!).

~SynEpona~
#502 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Paid a bunch of bills!

And figured out a screwy one. I've had two ultrasounds this year and the first one got billed to me - really expensive, insurance apparently covered nothing. And then I just got a thing from last year's insurance company - who I don't have now - saying they got billed for the second. Huh. Why bother taking a copy of my insurance card every time if you don't use it?

So I called today and it turns out that the first one was billed to Lifewise of OR, not WA. And the second to Regence. So she fixed that and I don't have to pay those bills yet. I called my insurance a bit ago and I'll be paying out of pocket anyway, until I meet my deductable, but the two were going to be $1000 together, so it's nice to know that I'll be getting the insurance discount at least. ><

And I love paying bills. Feels good to have it done!

Hooray for discounts!

I also love paying bills. I look forward to it!

Feeling down today for various reasons, decided to cheer myself up with banana bread. DD and I ate half a loaf in under 10 minutes! It so hit the spot!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#503 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post

Hooray for discounts!

I also love paying bills. I look forward to it!

Feeling down today for various reasons, decided to cheer myself up with banana bread. DD and I ate half a loaf in under 10 minutes! It so hit the spot!

I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) Most people I know hate it.

And banana bread!! Yum! Best thing ever!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#504 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 03:17 PM

YAY for good hair days, proposals, new diapers, WEDDINGS and beautiful red dresses, payed bills, and just all around GOOD vibes! So many great things happening here it made me smile all over!

Good things here? I'm really proud of myself for being flexible about the fact that we have one car and a ton of things that require that I use the bus.... I really don't mind the bus at all, and am just grateful we happen to live right on the main busline, and yet, are so "out of the way" of the city. Also grateful that my boys are competent with the bus as well...things go smoothly because of that. Yes, it would be easier if we had two cars, but...I LIKE having one car. I LIKE that I have a smaller eco footprint than many of my peers with no, one or only two kids. I LIKE that because it gives them less to judge when my house is smaller, I have only one gas friendly car, and I eat organic stuff from my garden or local gardens...or my bison.... I like that my life style demands less, while being SO full! I'd feel too guilty if I had a huge big house, a few cars, and all the money I could want because then I'd also have a pool, a lawnmowing service AND a maid! seriously...I WOULD. But, I don't and I won't, so it's cool. ;o) Now, if I can ONLY get DH to feel the coolness of it....but, he's just feeling sad that his very pregnant wife has to take the bus. I wish I could explain to him and have it STICK that his very pregnant wife is not feeling sorry for herself, so it would be nice if HE could lay off feeling sorry for me. I like to walk. I like the bus. I have enough to eat and I like my small itty bitty house with all the clutter and love. We have each other...we have enough. More than enough. I think it's a curse to grow up rich and become poor....I was always poor, so now I feel happy with the abundance...whereas, he grew up around the richest in the nation, watched his parents fritter away millions in divorce, and now.....nothing. He feels poor. And, he's NOT. He's just poorer than he thought he would be.

Also...thanks for understanding my mopey-ness about not getting a home birth. I'll be at the birth center if all goes well...but just the idea of having to leave home just to have my baby...sigh...it seems backwards. I'm trying to just be happy about that birth tub.....it's really great.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#505 of 897 Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 PM

I don't know why but I just feel great today!  I feel positive, good, energetic!!  Possible reasons...

I'm having a baby in 5 weeks or so!  I got diapers in the mail today!  I went food shopping with DD and she was so fun out and about.  I had 2 random people at the food store ask me how much longer I have till the baby is due, and when I said 4 weeks (b/c i lie about that all the time) they both shook their heads and said, "No way, no way you'll go that long!"  I said, "Ok thanks!" and it just made me cheery.  Lol!

Paying bills is awesome, especially messed up insurance bills.  I let DH take care of all of those, hee hee.  I also love banana bread.  I'm so happy for everyone!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#506 of 897 Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 AM

Oh, banana bread drool.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#507 of 897 Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 AM

I made two loaves and now we're down to a mere half a loaf. DH seemed to believe he had the right to eat some?!?! winky.gif Now I am thinking of making whoopie pies, but those are really not very healthy. I will have to give some away to neighbors and friends if I go that route!

I go to bed excited every other Thursday night because I know Friday morning, after direct deposit hits, that I will be balancing our budget and paying bills! Seriously, it makes me giddy. I should have been an accountant...

I love days like that, Carrie! Nothing better than having a jazzy, snazzy day!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#508 of 897 Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 AM

I got more stuff today.

The diaper covers and wet bags for the natural baby co arrived, and are so cute. Can't believe I only paid $4 a piece for such thick diaper covers.

I also got another part of my target shipment. The pack'n'play and the puj tub. The puj tub is so cute and feels so soft and cozy. It'll be so much easier to use than the huge big baby bath with spa attachment (that we never used) that was given to us last time. I gave the old baby bath away months ago, and said I would just use the kitchen sink this time. Then I saw the puj tub when I was making up the target list and fell in love with it. Now it is here. I can hardly wait until we have a tiny baby again so I can use this new baby tub.

At this rate I'll probably end up getting bits and pieces of this target order all week.

On other things to feel good about, DS finally went without formula first thing this morning. We've had him down to just the first bottle of the day for a couple of weeks. When I tried to give him regular milk in a straw cup yesterday morning he had a fit. This morning he took the ordinary milk in the straw cup with no problem. Another few days of this and I can finally pack away the bottles and throw out the last of the formula. I'll be soooo happy when we are formula free again.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#509 of 897 Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I got more stuff today.

The diaper covers and wet bags for the natural baby co arrived, and are so cute. Can't believe I only paid $4 a piece for such thick diaper covers.

I also got another part of my target shipment. The pack'n'play and the puj tub. The puj tub is so cute and feels so soft and cozy. It'll be so much easier to use than the huge big baby bath with spa attachment (that we never used) that was given to us last time. I gave the old baby bath away months ago, and said I would just use the kitchen sink this time. Then I saw the puj tub when I was making up the target list and fell in love with it. Now it is here. I can hardly wait until we have a tiny baby again so I can use this new baby tub.

At this rate I'll probably end up getting bits and pieces of this target order all week.

On other things to feel good about, DS finally went without formula first thing this morning. We've had him down to just the first bottle of the day for a couple of weeks. When I tried to give him regular milk in a straw cup yesterday morning he had a fit. This morning he took the ordinary milk in the straw cup with no problem. Another few days of this and I can finally pack away the bottles and throw out the last of the formula. I'll be soooo happy when we are formula free again.

YAY for stuff!

And hooray for switching to both normal milk and cups!!  DD wasn't off the bottle until a little after 2, I don't think.  Good for you guys!  I hope the transition continues to go smoothly!

#510 of 897 Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 AM

I ordered the same diaper covers for $4 each! They were a little late shipping my order. It just shipped yesterday, so I should have it soon. I ordered the covers in both prints. I ordered some for DS (who is 17 months) and some for the new baby, with a few to spare. It's good to hear they're good quality for such a cheap price. I also ordered some prefolds for both babes from them.

What do you think of the wet bags? I ordered 3 wet bags because they are small and they were so cheap and I figured they would get a lot of use. :-)

Quote:

I got more stuff today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page