What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 897 Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel great that I took the time to have my umbilical hernia repaired after the last pregnancy.  By this point, I was usually in terrible pain.  This time... no pain at all!energy.gif

Leslie
Wife to Al, Momma to DS18, DD16, DD14, DS12, DS10, DD9, DS7, DD6, DD5, DD3, DS23mos, Baby due 8/15/11and 4 angel.gifs.
novaxnocirc.gif, goorganic.jpg.
#62 of 897 Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 AM

I am feeling good that my DH is finally on board for a home birth!!! I am so excited!!!  He had been pushing hospital for so long when he came to me the other day and said "I think you should have the baby at home" I cried.  I think this just made my whole week!!

Kirstin belly.gif, wife to wonderful husbanddh_malesling.GIF (married 08/18/07), and mom to DDdust.gif(04/18/09), angel.gif CMP (12/16/09) and expecting stork-suprise.gif Mid August 2011.
#63 of 897 Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

That is AWESOME! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop View Post

I am feeling good that my DH is finally on board for a home birth!!! I am so excited!!!  He had been pushing hospital for so long when he came to me the other day and said "I think you should have the baby at home" I cried.  I think this just made my whole week!!

#64 of 897 Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop View Post

I am so happy that you are feeling supported and loved! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#65 of 897 Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM

We got some cloth diapers off craigslist today $110 for 22 diapers- good brands too!

As far as the "stuff" we need- we've been so lucky to score some awesome deals. Except for more clothes- (which I hate to buy b/c I"m sure people will send us some (but I also think they'll wait til the baby is born, and I want to have everything ready before then)- I think we've got pretty much everything the little one needs at least until we start on her nursery in October.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#66 of 897 Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 PM

I just took a bath. I have a big nice tub. Can't let the water get too deep, because I only put in hot, so I have to be able to get most of my parts out if I'm too warm. Added epson salt and this nice bath gel stuff. Lit my candle (it's lime basil scented. Extremely light, but wonderful), and tried out Blissborn radio on Pandora for the first time.

Oh man, you guys. You have to do this. It's trancy music and I ended up in space, connecting me and my baby to the birth of stars. Divine. I've never been so relaxed or content or connected with myself and my baby.

This is what will be playing for my birth. Absolutely.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh95257001689975224

And the page I got the link from, in case: http://blissbornonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=11

I hope that each of you finds the peace I've just found.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#67 of 897 Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM

Thanks, that sounds awesome! I'm listening to it right now and will have to listen to it in the bath later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I just took a bath. I have a big nice tub. Can't let the water get too deep, because I only put in hot, so I have to be able to get most of my parts out if I'm too warm. Added epson salt and this nice bath gel stuff. Lit my candle (it's lime basil scented. Extremely light, but wonderful), and tried out Blissborn radio on Pandora for the first time.

Oh man, you guys. You have to do this. It's trancy music and I ended up in space, connecting me and my baby to the birth of stars. Divine. I've never been so relaxed or content or connected with myself and my baby.

This is what will be playing for my birth. Absolutely.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh95257001689975224

And the page I got the link from, in case: http://blissbornonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=11

I hope that each of you finds the peace I've just found.

Later today I'm going to Kohl's as they're having a big sale on maternity clothes from 3-10 PM. My MIL sent me a check for my birthday, so I'm trying to find a couple longer shirts that I can wear with leggings and maybe a dress and some comfortable sandals. A close friend of mine is getting married in about 3 weeks and I have nothing suitable to wear.  I'm hoping to find something that I feel pretty in. I've felt so frumpy lately and just want to feel delicate and pretty. Just a little.

My 15 month old DS wakes every day the same time as me and has been super clingy so that I can't journal in the AM or even sip a partial coffee. I love my DS to pieces, but sometimes I just need a break. This morning DH, seeing that I need a break, offered to take DS out to give me some alone time. So they are running a couple small errands, going to some thrift stores (which DH LOVES to do), going to the park and to the airport to watch the airplanes. DS was so excited, as he LOVES gong bye-bye with Dada.

Also, DH and I counted last night and DS can say something like nearly 70 words/phrases at 15 1/2 months. We were worried about his speech because he was born with a cleft lip (that he had surgically corrected at 2 1/2 months of age) and cleft alveolar (a hole or gap in the gum line) that he will need bone grafting surgery on between 8-10 years of age), but so far he seems to be doing fine, even a little advanced. He says one 4 word sentence: Get down right now. I hang my head in shame...

#68 of 897 Old 05-22-2011, 06:21 AM

Today I feel good about my budget and how extra good I have been at managing it.  My nesting urges sure have come in handy for getting everything else extra organized as well lol. 

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#69 of 897 Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 AM

I've figured out why I've been hurting!!

Had to be be half asleep to do it, apparently.

My pubic bone has been sitting wrong, great combo of a hip with tight muscles that pulled my sacrum. For years. So I had a fit a few nights ago and Dusty and I went after it - inversion, robozzo, massage and I tried the pelvic floor release from Spinning Babies. It was subtle and didn't do much then, so I didn't think a thing of it. I've also been doing more squatting to stretch things out.

Before bed last night I told Dusty I thought I should call the midwives today because my whole pelvic floor hurt - and the pooping thing, which has been so very annoying (Stabbing pains and pooped 4 times within three hours of waking up yesterday). And he asked to help with something and I told him to rub my butt, as I always do. But neither of us could find the normally tight spots.

And I woke up this morning thinking "whole pelvic floor... the stretch!"

I did a squat this morning to see where the pulling was and yes! All my new sore spots with a lot of pulling anally! Yay! :D That's it! I've released my very very locked pelvic floor and everything is resetting! I checked my hips this morning and they're even. They haven't been even in years. I will take some pain for that fix! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

#70 of 897 Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM

My mum gave me money to buy fish oil!  I hope it helps my depression, as well as being good for baby!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#71 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 AM

DH has finally agreed to consider co-sleeping for the first couple of months. I was explaining how if I learn to nurse side lying I would be able to get more sleep during the night and not be so tired in the morning when dealing with DS. His reply was that I wouldn't be so grumpy at him (DH) and so he is thinking about it. I did say that if there is room for his giant body pillow in bed with us then there is room for a tiny newborn. I even said I would sleep in the middle with the baby on my side of the bed and a rail to stop the baby falling out of bed. We'll have to get the bed rail eventually when DS makes the move from the crib to a bed, so we can just get it now and use it with the new baby in our bed.

I'm really liking the idea of not having to get up to nurse during the night, just latch the baby on and drift back to sleep.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#72 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 08:49 AM

I haven't posted to this thread yet because I've basically been a hormonal, lunatic, b%^ch lately and not really happy about anything....irked.gif

However, I am SO, SO over the moon happy that we FINALLY got the closet organizer installed in the nursery yesterday!!!! joy.gif

I actually have little tiny newborn clothes hanging in the baby's room and it makes me so happy to go in there and look at all the miniature stuff!  He he he love.gif

11ish more weeks 'till I get to hold a little baby...I can't wait!!!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#73 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My mom and my sisters threw me a really fun, low-key shower yesterday.  I took home some leftover food (including some DIVINE vegan cupcakes).  I got some great gifts but not ONE cloth diaper - I wanted cloth diapers most of all!  I guess people find it more fun to buy clothes and toys.  Oh well, some people got me gift certificates to the natural parenting store where I registered, so I will go pick out some diapers soon!

Becky, I like that Pandora station...sounds like massage music :D

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#74 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh, also...just harvested my first zucchini and yellow squash from my garden!  They're going into a casserole tonight :)

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#75 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 10:37 AM

My sister came over yesterday and helped me wash all the baby clothes. It seems hard somehow, I needed help the first time. What if they faded or turned into smoke or something?

Still didn't wash the diaper covers. I need to buy more and they still seem complicated. She said I need to wash them several times and with .. I don't remember. I have a card. But when I get more. And then someone got me hemp liners and apparently those need to get washed specially.. I don't actually like that. I don't have very many, I won't be using those, I'll be using flats and I don't want to wash a load of four liners. That's very wasteful.

But! It feels good to have washed and put my baby clothes away! They're very sweet. Just need to do a bit of wood glue in the dresser (it's my son's great-great-grandpa's dresser) to keep it together where it's cracking a bit and yay :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#76 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:

My sister came over yesterday and helped me wash all the baby clothes. It seems hard somehow, I needed help the first time. What if they faded or turned into smoke or something?

Still didn't wash the diaper covers. I need to buy more and they still seem complicated. She said I need to wash them several times and with .. I don't remember. I have a card. But when I get more. And then someone got me hemp liners and apparently those need to get washed specially.. I don't actually like that. I don't have very many, I won't be using those, I'll be using flats and I don't want to wash a load of four liners. That's very wasteful.

But! It feels good to have washed and put my baby clothes away! They're very sweet. Just need to do a bit of wood glue in the dresser (it's my son's great-great-grandpa's dresser) to keep it together where it's cracking a bit and yay :)

I washed up all of Magnolia's a couple days ago when we finally got a washer and dryer. I only ruined one pair of pants which were white with blue polka dots- now they are white with blue polka dots and red splotches. Eh, one piece out of 60+, not too bad.

I haven't started on the diapering stuff either. I'm very intimidated by those for some reason too.

Today I feel good that its DF's birthday so I had an excuse to bake. I baked a Reese's cheesecake. Can't wait to taste it.

#77 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

Quote:

I washed up all of Magnolia's a couple days ago when we finally got a washer and dryer. I only ruined one pair of pants which were white with blue polka dots- now they are white with blue polka dots and red splotches. Eh, one piece out of 60+, not too bad.

I haven't started on the diapering stuff either. I'm very intimidated by those for some reason too.

Today I feel good that its DF's birthday so I had an excuse to bake. I baked a Reese's cheesecake. Can't wait to taste it.

That doesn't sound bad at all - red splotches are all the rage, you know! :D I'm not good at laundry - I don't even sort. I just stuff, add soap, push button. So all this special care stuff is scary. Good to know I'm not alone on the diapers ;)

Also, yum. Did you lick in in the bowl? That sounds so yummy!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#78 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Made my first new baby purchases today!  Just a few little outfits but I'm so excited!  We're mostly using DD's stuff but a new baby deserves a few new things of her own right?!?! 

#79 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 PM

This weekend we got our diapers in the mail.... and they are sooo cute! Fuzzibunz and Bumgenius are doing a buy 5 get one free sale until the 31st, so we got a bunch of those.  I haven't really been excited about any baby clothes at all, so I decided that I'm just gonna have diaper-only baby since the diapers are so cute. smile.gif

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#80 of 897 Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

I haven't really been excited about any baby clothes at all, so I decided that I'm just gonna have diaper-only baby since the diapers are so cute. smile.gif

Fully acceptable!  There were actually a lot of times where we would just swaddle DS in only a diaper, or in those first weeks I kept him only a diaper so he could spend lots of time skin-to-skin on my chest under a receiving blanket or my robe.  Clothes are over-rated orngbiggrin.gif

Today I'm feeling GOOD about the insurance situation.  While I still have some pain in the patoot hurdles that I'll go bitch about in the bad thread, I was able to acutally get a policy number, and have my midwife's billing person give my insurance a call.  It looks like they'll reimburse about 80%, which I guess is great compared to some insurance companies.  AND they do reimburse for homebirth, AND they don't have stipulations on the type of midwife.  So my CPM will be reimbursed at exactly the same rate as a CNM, or an OB.  This is GREAT news for us...  It means that our total remaining out of pocket expenses should be less than $1000, barring any complications (knock on wood).  I wasn't sure if they would cover ANY of it, so, this is really nice news!!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#81 of 897 Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

I did my self massage last night (Nothing like a client telling you that the thing you're really upset about is the thing she saw you about to make you say "Oh, duh, I know how to fix that!") and woke up today able to roll over and stand up with no pain! Yay :D Hopefully the last two weeks of Suck are over now!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#82 of 897 Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:

I did my self massage last night (Nothing like a client telling you that the thing you're really upset about is the thing she saw you about to make you say "Oh, duh, I know how to fix that!") and woke up today able to roll over and stand up with no pain! Yay :D Hopefully the last two weeks of Suck are over now!

Awesome!

I wish I could figure out a way to make this back pain i've been having go away.

Today I feel good that we had a pretty great morning out. I didn't find everything on my thrift list, but did find a few good deals that i wasn't looking for, got some fabric to finish our headboard, got some muslin swaddle blankets w/ a gift card I'd won to Buy Buy baby (good thing we are trying to save money cause I wanted almost everything in there) and had an awesome lunch at a food trailer.

#83 of 897 Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

Quote:

Awesome!

I wish I could figure out a way to make this back pain i've been having go away.

Today I feel good that we had a pretty great morning out. I didn't find everything on my thrift list, but did find a few good deals that i wasn't looking for, got some fabric to finish our headboard, got some muslin swaddle blankets w/ a gift card I'd won to Buy Buy baby (good thing we are trying to save money cause I wanted almost everything in there) and had an awesome lunch at a food trailer.

I could possibly help if you wanted :) I wish everyone was local, I'd totally give you all free massages and lots of tips. I love being able to help pregnant ladies not hurt! Others too, but I like getting to poke at people's babies ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#84 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 05:29 AM

My husband got a permanent position after 2 years of a contract- we have health benefits again :) - and can go on a vacation - and not pay for a birth out-of-pocket - AND I hope to take a year off from work to try just being Mommy for a change!   Also slept comfy in my own bed next to my husband 2 nights in a row- and made it happen to eat dinner together- MAJOR accomplishment in our house!!!

#85 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

My husband got a permanent position after 2 years of a contract- we have health benefits again :) - and can go on a vacation - and not pay for a birth out-of-pocket - AND I hope to take a year off from work to try just being Mommy for a change!   Also slept comfy in my own bed next to my husband 2 nights in a row- and made it happen to eat dinner together- MAJOR accomplishment in our house!!!

Congratulations on your husband's permanent position and the health insurance! I've been there with my DH and those things are always a relief, especially when you're expecting. :-)

#86 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 AM

My boyfriend seems to be coming out of the denial stage.  He actually rubs my belly sometimes and has been offering to help with the cost of things, etc.  Before it was a topic that we weren't really allowed to discuss (he is scared to death), so I am very grateful for the improvement in his attitude.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#87 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My boyfriend seems to be coming out of the denial stage.  He actually rubs my belly sometimes and has been offering to help with the cost of things, etc.  Before it was a topic that we weren't really allowed to discuss (he is scared to death), so I am very grateful for the improvement in his attitude.

Awesome!

My hip pain is mostly gone today :) I did extra exercises yesterday and that seemed to help. Still going to try that pelvic floor release when the time feels right though.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#88 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

We had an ultrasound this morning and everything looked great! Both girls are head down (!!) and they each weigh 2.7 pounds! they were practicing breathing and were moving around a lot. I'm so excited that they are growing so well and seem to be very healthy. YAY!

Jenny - First time mama, expecting babyf.gifbabyf.gifgirls in August!
My baby blog: http://thebabymakesfour.blogspot.com
#89 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Melaya - Yay! I'm so glad! I hope that lasts! :)

Ursa - good luck! I did mention that the release can cause some drama while every thing settles out, right? The pain moves around and does funny things because we're full of relaxin :) But I feel better now, so I hope it works for you, too!

Jenny - Twins are so cool! That sounds like so much fun! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

#90 of 897 Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 AM

i'm in portland...not quite local, but if i get a wild hair to go up north once this school term is over, mind if i look you up for some of those massages? wink1.gif

it's quite unlikely, but sure sounds good.

i'm glad you were able to squelch some of your own pains!!

i have to say....this babe is getting so big and i love poking at it. i think it's a good thing it's a leo coming, baby loves all of the attention it gets when i am rubbing it out, feeling all those little baby parts. but my goodness, i use words like little and tiny is only because it is an infant...otherwise, this babe feels gigantic to me! i might be growing a 10 pounder.......

Quote:

I could possibly help if you wanted :) I wish everyone was local, I'd totally give you all free massages and lots of tips. I love being able to help pregnant ladies not hurt! Others too, but I like getting to poke at people's babies ;)

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page