Mothering Forum banner

What do you feel GOOD about today?

22K views 896 replies 55 participants last post by  cat13 
#1 ·
Sometimes when things are very overwhelming and there is lots to do, it's hard for me to focus on all the positive stuff that happens in my life. So here goes!

The big thing: We made the switch from our OB doctors to the Midwife practice in town. They are still associated with the same hospital, which I am happy about. I'm feeling very good about this choice. They are a much smaller practice and everyone there seems so much more caring. I think the next few months of visits are going to be much more enjoyable!

I feel good about getting outside today. It's such a beautiful time of year with the lilacs blooming and such nice weather.

Well, that's two things at least! Anyone else?

#52 ·
Right now I feel estactic about the huge/bucket size cup of ice I just walked to the gas station to buy. I have been craving ice so bad it's been making me cry. Trying to avoid it because my teeth are already falling apart. But I just caved and it is sooo wonderful. I am here eating it with a spoon lol.

I also sold three really old IPhones for a great price today. I had to drive to Hollywood Blvd and deal with all that traffic and nonsense...but the bonus cash is nice. :)

#53 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

Right now I feel estactic about the huge/bucket size cup of ice I just walked to the gas station to buy. I have been craving ice so bad it's been making me cry. Trying to avoid it because my teeth are already falling apart. But I just caved and it is sooo wonderful. I am here eating it with a spoon lol.

I also sold three really old IPhones for a great price today. I had to drive to Hollywood Blvd and deal with all that traffic and nonsense...but the bonus cash is nice. :)
My mom used to crave ice when she was pregnant.

#54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

Craving ice often means anemia, so enjoy it and maybe check :)

#55 ·
hooooo, dog!
today was full of sun and i am exhausted. i made a huge row/hill for potatoes in my garden, finished two assignments/papers i have been putting off, turned in 4 other assignments i finished last night, fixed the fence where our old dog likes to escape, plus finished 1/3 of the bamboo/ornate stick fence in the front yard. i should have the kiddos in bed, but they are content in a shower bath and filthy from mud puddles and gardening with mama. i feel ripe for bed; but it is that good, full, satisfied and sunned tired.
om.gif

#57 ·
I get to see my little one today! Fingers crossed they didn't miss something last time and she really is a she!
joy.gif

Yesterday we got a washer and dryer- $100! Not perfect, but it works and it sure beats going to the laundry mat every other week. As soon as we confirm its a girl I can start organizing her closet
joy.gif

We also managed to score a bed frame yesterday for $10. No more mattress on the floor
joy.gif

#58 ·
I passed my glucose test yesterday!!! I feel like all my healthy eating and exercise have paid off! Thank goodness no GD label! I feel like I have a ton of bricks lifted off my shoulders.

I finally feel motivated to start packing since we are moving in like 2 weeks. I have so much to do! I'm excited about getting to go through all the old clothes that dd had when she was a newbie.

27 weeks today! Hello 3rd trimester! I'm excited for summer, even though I know I'll probably spend most of it complaining about being hot and swollen lol. But lookin' forward to taking my dd to the pool and being in the sun!

#59 ·
I finally measured my bewbs and ordered new nursing bras! I can't tell you guys in words how happy this makes me!! It means so much more to me than a comfy bra -- it's like a confirmation that my baby is ok and can breastfeed! I was so on the fence about ordering anything and now I'm just thrilled!

I feel good, too, that I didn't gain weight this past week. Huzzah!

And on a less serious, more vanity related note, my hair is growing so long and I love it. I'm never cutting it short again, ever!! I love having longer hair!!

#60 ·
Congrats on passing the glucose test!

Carrie, congrats on your long, lovely locks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

I passed my glucose test yesterday!!! I feel like all my healthy eating and exercise have paid off! Thank goodness no GD label! I feel like I have a ton of bricks lifted off my shoulders.

I finally feel motivated to start packing since we are moving in like 2 weeks. I have so much to do! I'm excited about getting to go through all the old clothes that dd had when she was a newbie.

27 weeks today! Hello 3rd trimester! I'm excited for summer, even though I know I'll probably spend most of it complaining about being hot and swollen lol. But lookin' forward to taking my dd to the pool and being in the sun!

#61 ·
I feel great that I took the time to have my umbilical hernia repaired after the last pregnancy. By this point, I was usually in terrible pain. This time... no pain at all!
energy.gif

#62 ·
I am feeling good that my DH is finally on board for a home birth!!! I am so excited!!! He had been pushing hospital for so long when he came to me the other day and said "I think you should have the baby at home" I cried. I think this just made my whole week!!

#64 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop View Post

I am feeling good that my DH is finally on board for a home birth!!! I am so excited!!! He had been pushing hospital for so long when he came to me the other day and said "I think you should have the baby at home" I cried. I think this just made my whole week!!
I am so happy that you are feeling supported and loved!

#65 ·
We got some cloth diapers off craigslist today $110 for 22 diapers- good brands too!

As far as the "stuff" we need- we've been so lucky to score some awesome deals. Except for more clothes- (which I hate to buy b/c I"m sure people will send us some (but I also think they'll wait til the baby is born, and I want to have everything ready before then)- I think we've got pretty much everything the little one needs at least until we start on her nursery in October.

#66 ·
I just took a bath. I have a big nice tub. Can't let the water get too deep, because I only put in hot, so I have to be able to get most of my parts out if I'm too warm. Added epson salt and this nice bath gel stuff. Lit my candle (it's lime basil scented. Extremely light, but wonderful), and tried out Blissborn radio on Pandora for the first time.

Oh man, you guys. You have to do this. It's trancy music and I ended up in space, connecting me and my baby to the birth of stars. Divine. I've never been so relaxed or content or connected with myself and my baby.

This is what will be playing for my birth. Absolutely.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh95257001689975224

And the page I got the link from, in case: http://blissbornonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=11

I hope that each of you finds the peace I've just found.

#67 ·
Thanks, that sounds awesome! I'm listening to it right now and will have to listen to it in the bath later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I just took a bath. I have a big nice tub. Can't let the water get too deep, because I only put in hot, so I have to be able to get most of my parts out if I'm too warm. Added epson salt and this nice bath gel stuff. Lit my candle (it's lime basil scented. Extremely light, but wonderful), and tried out Blissborn radio on Pandora for the first time.

Oh man, you guys. You have to do this. It's trancy music and I ended up in space, connecting me and my baby to the birth of stars. Divine. I've never been so relaxed or content or connected with myself and my baby.

This is what will be playing for my birth. Absolutely.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh95257001689975224

And the page I got the link from, in case: http://blissbornonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=11

I hope that each of you finds the peace I've just found.
Later today I'm going to Kohl's as they're having a big sale on maternity clothes from 3-10 PM. My MIL sent me a check for my birthday, so I'm trying to find a couple longer shirts that I can wear with leggings and maybe a dress and some comfortable sandals. A close friend of mine is getting married in about 3 weeks and I have nothing suitable to wear. I'm hoping to find something that I feel pretty in. I've felt so frumpy lately and just want to feel delicate and pretty. Just a little.

My 15 month old DS wakes every day the same time as me and has been super clingy so that I can't journal in the AM or even sip a partial coffee. I love my DS to pieces, but sometimes I just need a break. This morning DH, seeing that I need a break, offered to take DS out to give me some alone time. So they are running a couple small errands, going to some thrift stores (which DH LOVES to do), going to the park and to the airport to watch the airplanes. DS was so excited, as he LOVES gong bye-bye with Dada.

Also, DH and I counted last night and DS can say something like nearly 70 words/phrases at 15 1/2 months. We were worried about his speech because he was born with a cleft lip (that he had surgically corrected at 2 1/2 months of age) and cleft alveolar (a hole or gap in the gum line) that he will need bone grafting surgery on between 8-10 years of age), but so far he seems to be doing fine, even a little advanced. He says one 4 word sentence: Get down right now. I hang my head in shame...

#69 ·
I've figured out why I've been hurting!!

Had to be be half asleep to do it, apparently.

My pubic bone has been sitting wrong, great combo of a hip with tight muscles that pulled my sacrum. For years. So I had a fit a few nights ago and Dusty and I went after it - inversion, robozzo, massage and I tried the pelvic floor release from Spinning Babies. It was subtle and didn't do much then, so I didn't think a thing of it. I've also been doing more squatting to stretch things out.

Before bed last night I told Dusty I thought I should call the midwives today because my whole pelvic floor hurt - and the pooping thing, which has been so very annoying (Stabbing pains and pooped 4 times within three hours of waking up yesterday). And he asked to help with something and I told him to rub my butt, as I always do. But neither of us could find the normally tight spots.

And I woke up this morning thinking "whole pelvic floor... the stretch!"

I did a squat this morning to see where the pulling was and yes! All my new sore spots with a lot of pulling anally! Yay! :D That's it! I've released my very very locked pelvic floor and everything is resetting! I checked my hips this morning and they're even. They haven't been even in years. I will take some pain for that fix! :D

#71 ·
DH has finally agreed to consider co-sleeping for the first couple of months. I was explaining how if I learn to nurse side lying I would be able to get more sleep during the night and not be so tired in the morning when dealing with DS. His reply was that I wouldn't be so grumpy at him (DH) and so he is thinking about it. I did say that if there is room for his giant body pillow in bed with us then there is room for a tiny newborn. I even said I would sleep in the middle with the baby on my side of the bed and a rail to stop the baby falling out of bed. We'll have to get the bed rail eventually when DS makes the move from the crib to a bed, so we can just get it now and use it with the new baby in our bed.

I'm really liking the idea of not having to get up to nurse during the night, just latch the baby on and drift back to sleep.

#72 ·
I haven't posted to this thread yet because I've basically been a hormonal, lunatic, b%^ch lately and not really happy about anything....
irked.gif

However, I am SO, SO over the moon happy that we FINALLY got the closet organizer installed in the nursery yesterday!!!!
joy.gif

I actually have little tiny newborn clothes hanging in the baby's room and it makes me so happy to go in there and look at all the miniature stuff! He he he
love.gif

11ish more weeks 'till I get to hold a little baby...I can't wait!!!

#73 ·
My mom and my sisters threw me a really fun, low-key shower yesterday. I took home some leftover food (including some DIVINE vegan cupcakes). I got some great gifts but not ONE cloth diaper - I wanted cloth diapers most of all! I guess people find it more fun to buy clothes and toys. Oh well, some people got me gift certificates to the natural parenting store where I registered, so I will go pick out some diapers soon!

Becky, I like that Pandora station...sounds like massage music :D

#75 ·
My sister came over yesterday and helped me wash all the baby clothes. It seems hard somehow, I needed help the first time. What if they faded or turned into smoke or something?

Still didn't wash the diaper covers. I need to buy more and they still seem complicated. She said I need to wash them several times and with .. I don't remember. I have a card. But when I get more. And then someone got me hemp liners and apparently those need to get washed specially.. I don't actually like that. I don't have very many, I won't be using those, I'll be using flats and I don't want to wash a load of four liners. That's very wasteful.

But! It feels good to have washed and put my baby clothes away! They're very sweet. Just need to do a bit of wood glue in the dresser (it's my son's great-great-grandpa's dresser) to keep it together where it's cracking a bit and yay :)

#76 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

My sister came over yesterday and helped me wash all the baby clothes. It seems hard somehow, I needed help the first time. What if they faded or turned into smoke or something?

Still didn't wash the diaper covers. I need to buy more and they still seem complicated. She said I need to wash them several times and with .. I don't remember. I have a card. But when I get more. And then someone got me hemp liners and apparently those need to get washed specially.. I don't actually like that. I don't have very many, I won't be using those, I'll be using flats and I don't want to wash a load of four liners. That's very wasteful.

But! It feels good to have washed and put my baby clothes away! They're very sweet. Just need to do a bit of wood glue in the dresser (it's my son's great-great-grandpa's dresser) to keep it together where it's cracking a bit and yay :)
I washed up all of Magnolia's a couple days ago when we finally got a washer and dryer. I only ruined one pair of pants which were white with blue polka dots- now they are white with blue polka dots and red splotches. Eh, one piece out of 60+, not too bad.

I haven't started on the diapering stuff either. I'm very intimidated by those for some reason too.

Today I feel good that its DF's birthday so I had an excuse to bake. I baked a Reese's cheesecake. Can't wait to taste it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.