What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#871 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

I lost my plug! It was totally gross and I gagged but still... I lost my plug! I'll take any step in the right direction!

Hopefully that means Princess Beyonce will be making her arrival soon- good luck!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#872 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM

What do I feel GOOD about today?

I'm wearing 3" wedges! energy.gif All we are doing is going to Costco, but dangit, I feel pretty! lol.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#873 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 PM

I just ate a slice of strawberry icecream cake from coldstone...leftovers from my birthday cake. nummy....nothing like ice cream cake to lift a bruised ego.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#874 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM

nose!.jpg

I feel good about getting to see my cute baby! You can't really tell in this pic, but she is CHUBBY!

toes!.jpg

Her little fingers and toes. :) So cute. It's teasing me.

ETA- As mad as I am that I'm scheduled to be induced Saturday night, It's pretty amazing that one way or another I'll be cuddling this sweetie on Sunday. :)

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#875 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Oh Riley! THe cheeks! Those lips! EEk you must be so excited!!!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#876 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM

I am. I can't stop looking a the pictures. Gah I'm in love. luxlove.gif

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#877 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 07:21 PM

We have a new house!!!! FINALLY!!!  I'll be cleaning and moving all week and weekend.  We should be sleeping in our new house by the weekend! 

#878 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm so far behind on all of these threads. I always feel bad when I can't respond to everyone!

Congrats on the house Bethany!! I hope the move goes smoothly!

Riley baby feet are my favorite and I just love those tiny perfect little toes in that ultrasound pic!! I can't wait to see a pic of her and those cute little cheeks once shes earth side!

AFM I feel good that I have such an awesome family. I don't know where I would be without my support system. And having them around me makes me feel like I can get through anything love.gif

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#879 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM

We were out for several hours today and NO ONE made a comment about me being pregnant or ask when I was due! Guess I've perfected that "Yes, I'm due any day now; Yes, I'm hot. Don't talk to me" look.

#880 of 897 Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

We were out for several hours today and NO ONE made a comment about me being pregnant or ask when I was due! Guess I've perfected that "Yes, I'm due any day now; Yes, I'm hot. Don't talk to me" look.

I must have too! I'm so glad no one has asked me when I was due this last week or I might have just cried. lol

#881 of 897 Old 08-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Beckily - the pregnant lady potluck sounds wonderful and I am so jealous of making real-life pregnant friends!

Emerging Butterfly - Coldstone makes some amazing desserts! Happy Birthday/Full-Term Day!

Riley - Such a sweet, sweet little baby! I am hoping that you meet soon! :)

Southern Stormy - I have been avoiding eye contact with strangers at all costs this week, and I think it has totally helped ease the non-stop chit-chat about due dates. And, it has totally been a relief!

Karalynnskies - Yay for family and support! That is wonderful!

As for me, I feel good that I finally had a productive day!! I cleaned out my car and it was filthy!!! Like, really filthy - I hadn't vacuumed it once in the two years I've had it until today. Sheepish.gif

My parents brought up the changing table they got second-hand and I got to take care of a ton of stuff which feels really good.

And, lastly, I am wicked excited that I can stream Mad Men on Netflix!!! YAYYY!!! I was getting so bored and I watched it about a year ago so its just enough to distract myself!!! YAYYY!!!

Oh, and one more thing, my cats are SO excited that I am on maternity leave and not working. And I am so excited to spend time with them too!!!!

Katie Mae belly.gifMama to DD1 08/11 and expecting stork-suprise.gif03/14
Momma to three cat.gif

#882 of 897 Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 PM

I got between 8 and 9 hours of sleep last night- with a couple of bathroom breaks in between of course. Then got almost a 2 hr nap today.

I had an amazing dinner - buttermilk biscuits with country ham and grape jelly. Amazingly fattening too, but I figure why not, it's only a couple more days I can eat with feeling just pregnant and not fat.

I did not cry out of boredom or frustration today.

I've managed to keep my apartment relatively clean the past couple days.

#883 of 897 Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 AM

I just realized the comfy linen pants I have on right now were too tight just last week! Yay for dropping baby weight! energy.gif

janie
#884 of 897 Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Today has been a good day. DH had an relatively early shift. I actually got out of the house today and walked to the grocery store. We are having cheesy pesto burgers for dinner tonight and tie dyeing baby onesies!

#885 of 897 Old 08-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My son was in NICU for the first 24 hours or so of his life, and they gave him a pacifier and formula from a bottle.  When I got him, I tried to breastfeed but couldn't get him to latch.  I had nurses and LC's helping, and was eventually able to breastfeed using a nipple shield.  I tried for a few days to get him to latch without the shield and he was getting SO upset and having no success...until yesterday!  Now he can latch!  I'm so glad we got past that hurdle, breastfeeding is really important to me!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#886 of 897 Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

My son was in NICU for the first 24 hours or so of his life, and they gave him a pacifier and formula from a bottle.  When I got him, I tried to breastfeed but couldn't get him to latch.  I had nurses and LC's helping, and was eventually able to breastfeed using a nipple shield.  I tried for a few days to get him to latch without the shield and he was getting SO upset and having no success...until yesterday!  Now he can latch!  I'm so glad we got past that hurdle, breastfeeding is really important to me!

This is definitley something to feel good about!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#887 of 897 Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM

I wore my fat jeans today! joy.gif I already asked DH to pull the rest of my non-maternity clothes down from the attic.

janie
#888 of 897 Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

YAY! :D Congratulations!!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#889 of 897 Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 PM

Haven't posted here in a while, but...  I feel very good about the batch of chocolate chip cookies I made this evening.  If I can't go in to labor, at least I can go into a blissful food coma orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#890 of 897 Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Haven't posted here in a while, but...  I feel very good about the batch of chocolate chip cookies I made this evening.  If I can't go in to labor, at least I can go into a blissful food coma orngbiggrin.gif

wishing you happy labor thoughts- sprinkle a little cayenne on those cookies and wash it down with castor oil :)

#891 of 897 Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM

I feel good about having made it to the last work meeting this summer. I feel even better that we've achieved our goal and that from hereon out, we'll all be on the same page workwise. And this means that I can now relax and have a baby. 

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#892 of 897 Old 08-15-2011, 06:01 PM

The house is coming together!  We're slowly getting unpacked and ready for baby at the same time.  I haven't popped yet!!!  I'll say that and jinx myself....We are loving the new house though!  DD is crazy over her new room and new bunk beds!  I just can't describe my excitement.  We still have a lot to do but that's okay. 

My mom, aunts and uncle will be here tomorrow!

DH has chicken on the grill and I've got banana cupcakes in the oven....life is good today!

#893 of 897 Old 08-15-2011, 06:35 PM

I won a super cute cloth diaper today in a contest!

I just got done baking these- http://honestfare.com/almond-meal-banana-muffins/ They are more dense than muffins, but super tasty and pretty healthy!

I'm feeling pretty good today, a lot more energy than I've had recently.

#894 of 897 Old 08-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Rainy day yesterday allowed for a cooking /baking spree- the freezer is stocked and we have dinners for the week.  All baby clothes are washed.  Now just waiting on a baby!!

#895 of 897 Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Food has been my only source of comfort these past few days . . . And, my sweet tooth is super excited!

And, I feel so good that with DP helping we refused the Misoprostol that the doc wanted me to take at the 41 week appointment today! Did the NST and Baby is doing fine. Oh My Gosh I hope that I never see this doctor again!!!

He is the shortest man ever and he again could not reach my cervix today. He walks in and tells me that he IS going to reach my cervix today one way or another and I felt so disgusted and violated. He then just TOLD me that he was going to insert the misoprostol. He didn't even ask. Oh My Gosh. I was so shocked still from him shoving his fingers so far up there.

I didn't say a thing. I think I asked more about what it was. Oh My Goodness. DP to the rescue: "Are you saying that you don't want it?" Yayy!! Oh My Gosh, We can do this, DP will be perfect and we'll be able to do this. He is pretty shy and quiet and I am so glad he spoke up when he did. Then I was able to decline politely. It just happened so fast. Its only Misoprostol and I am not even that opposed to it, but I was just so shocked. And, still, I thought that they would at least ASK before giving me any drug, ever. Of course now we have to go back in tomorrow at 7:30 which is totally ridiculous, but whatever. 

But I am so glad DP was there! As soon as the doc left, the nurse was saying what a great advocate DP was and she reassured us that we made the right choice which was SO nice and reassuring! I mean Baby is fine. Of course I am ready to meet her, but I still have faith in my body at this point.

Katie Mae belly.gifMama to DD1 08/11 and expecting stork-suprise.gif03/14
Momma to three cat.gif

#896 of 897 Old 08-16-2011, 06:48 AM

katiemaee, hugs. I've been where you are with DS1's birth, just two years ago in a hospital not far from yours (if it wasn't the same one). Congrats on refusing the misoprostol and defying the OB. He sounds terrible. Good for you and your DP!

I feel good because I managed to get  DS1 to daycare without a major meltdown on his or my part. I finally called the friend of the former owner of our new house to arrange for her to pick up the former owner's sofa that she left in our living room, but that she wants back. I'd love to keep it, but I rather part with it now than after DS2 is born. Oh, and I have nothing else to do today; so I'm going to eat the chocolate cookies I made this weekend, read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth", take a long nap, and pretend I have no other responsibilities in life. 

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#897 of 897 Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM

Thought I'd bump this thread since my attitude needs a bump! River's umbilicle cord just came out and when he's doing his poop grunt, it pops back and forth from an innie to an outie. So cute!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page