What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 897 Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations, Lynn!   birthday.gif to Aiden!  Having finally bothered to try Skype with family, Saturday, I realize how nice it will be to be able to do similar things, once the babies are born, and everyone is home, again.  Your family sounds like a much bigger version of mine, farther off.  

I feel good about getting in a lot of long walks, lately.  Also, I feel better about making nice dinners the last several days, instead of sort of skimping on effort; and having had the groceries I've been using delivered, instead of walking to the store and rolling/lugging them home.  It was just getting to be too much, but I kept being focused on other things till we were out of necessities, and it was too late to get them delivered the next day.  It's good to feel a little more organized, and less worried about the strain of getting things back with me.

I feel VERY GOOD about how strong my babies seem, the last couple of days!  They feel like small newborns playing in the casing of my skin, rather than tiny creatures floating inside and sometimes hitting the walls around them.  I can really feel the change in their size, just in the last week.... I'm hoping they're near the three-pound mark, now.

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#122 of 897 Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 PM

joy.gif  Yippee!  I called my o.b.'s office for lab results, and passed my glucose screening with an 88 (out of the 65-140 normal range), and am told my hemoglobin is 12.1.  (I really would like to keep it from going lower, but yay for not being anemic!)  

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#123 of 897 Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Awesome! I hope to get similar results next Monday. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprint View Post

joy.gif  Yippee!  I called my o.b.'s office for lab results, and passed my glucose screening with an 88 (out of the 65-140 normal range), and am told my hemoglobin is 12.1.  (I really would like to keep it from going lower, but yay for not being anemic!)  

#124 of 897 Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Thank you!!!  I hope you do!!!

In other nice news, Monday, on a walk, my husband and I ran into the husband of the couple with 8-month-old male/female twins we'd heard lived in our building, out getting the babies some sunshine.  Five minutes ago, bringing laundry up from the basement, I met his wife (with the twins).  She seemed really nice, and encouraging about how lovely having the two is, despite the extra challenge.  So, here's being happy for the possibility of nice, twin-parent friends in the building.... a specially lovely thought when the bitter winter sets in.

#125 of 897 Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 AM

I got 9 hours of sleep last night!  That never happens thanks to my medication + pregnant insomnia.  Hopefully I will extra healthy today because of it. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#126 of 897 Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM

After only 4-5 hours of sleep last night my daughter is finally asleep and i enjoyed  my first Farmer's market supper of the season on the deck :)

#127 of 897 Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 PM

I got an amazing massage today! She spent a good long time rubbing my arms, my belly and my back. The hip stuff hurt, but that's expected. She kept seeming like she was done with my belly... and then she'd do more. Bliss!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#128 of 897 Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 PM

I got some sun finally!  Feeling like summer has officially kicked off!  (I'm a horrible skin care therapist, I know..bag.gif)

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#129 of 897 Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 PM

I just did a modeling job and it went so well (usually my jobs go either fantastic or terrible). I got some amazing pregnant pictures that I am really happy with.  He's going to email me some soon just to be nice.  :)

#130 of 897 Old 06-03-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I got some sun finally!  Feeling like summer has officially kicked off!  (I'm a horrible skin care therapist, I know..bag.gif)

It doesn't make you horrible to get your Vitamin D the direct way! :)

It got cold again here yesterday & today, but I had a great appt with the midwife yesterday, and I'm really pleased with all 3 of the midwives on my team, now that I've seen each of them 2 or 3 times & feel like I actually 'know' them a bit more. They're on top of things, making suggestions I can live with, and I can opt out of the GBS test, with no negative consequences unless there is actually a clinical indication of risk during labour/delivery. With my last doc if you opted out of the test, you automatically went on IV antibiotics, so it was very good news to know that was not the case with the MW, and that I have 3-4 weeks to decide either way.

~SynEpona~
#131 of 897 Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Yay for all the good stuff!  thumb.gif

I got a call this morning, asking if I could go in for an appointment with the doctor I'm hoping to switch to, Tuesday!  joy.gif  That's exactly two weeks since the last appointment (and the day I hit 30 weeks), meaning I lose no appointments, and - unless there's a surprising lack of liking for this new doctor - will be in the care of someone whose past decisions, at least, leave me a lot more comfortable....

#132 of 897 Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 PM

It's so good to hear all your good news, ladies! As for me, I am FINALLY able to sleep without getting serious hip and back pain. I think it's a combo of going to the chiro, swimming, prenatal yoga and the baby just went from traverse to head down. Yea!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#133 of 897 Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Yay cat! Sleep!

I can finally sleep in a bed again! And my belly is big enough that I just put a folded up towel under my ribs and belly and get all the support I need. It's nice :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#134 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 AM

Although I was less than productive on my three days off - the past two mornings I've been super duper productive before work!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a new camera before the baby is born- preferably a DSLR. So I've been selling things on eBay and etsy that I've been meaning to sell for MONTHS- so far I've made $200! The more awesome thing is- the three things I've sold cost me $10 combined originally! I listed a ton of dog clothes I have had sitting around for a year or two- if even half of those sell I'll have another $200, then if I can sell both retired American Girl dolls that I found at the thrift store- I should have about another $200! joy.gif:joy:joy I really enjoy thrifting and reselling. I'm considering doing it as a hobby business when DF leaves to go into the army- I'm not quite good enough yet to make a living off of it, but DF will be supporting the family for awhile anyway and it will be something I can do to bring in extra money, that will be easy to do with Magnolia and its something I love.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#135 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 02:57 PM

I tried Traumeel (http://www.traumeel.com/) on my rash because I read it posted somewhere that someone's midwife recommended it. Oh, it's good! I had it anyway because I adore the stuff, but didn't think to use it on a rash. Probably it tells me not to. Eh. It helps so much :D

And Dusty's nieces are coming to visit for about 15 days. I think they're 9 and 13? Something like that. Should be fun! Get me out of my recliner and into the sun. They live in Eastern Kansas, so I'm plotting all the awesome things to show them that they've never seen - the ocean (not completely sure they've not seen it, but they haven't seen it here), mountains, volcanoes, temperate rainforest, Seattle, Portland, and all the different people up here. I immediately wanted to take them to one of my favorite places here (Darby's - http://web.mac.com/darbyscafe/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html) but Dusty thought we should ease them in a bit so they know that here it IS normal to have men in skirts with dangly earrings. Oh yeah :) I forget.

Very excited about that visit!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#136 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 05:12 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#137 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

I keep thinking about putting my birth on chat roulette just to watch all the guys with their weens out go limp. That thought keeps making me smile.

bigeyes.gif spitdrink.gifbiglaugh.giflol.gifROTFLMAO.gifthumb.gif

#138 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 PM

we had our first vacation ever  that did not include visiting family or friends far far away. Just the two of us and no plans, it was great - I am very thankful that we decided on this in Feb of this year and made it happen, it was worth it even for three days! So, I am happy about that in general.

What I am stoked about today is that there was a letter waiting for us when we got back home late last night, from my health insurance saying that they are approving our MW as an out-of-network referral!!! Yikes, I really was not holding my breath for this, just figured I would give it my best shot and still can not believe it. Sure, nothing is guaranteed and they can change their mind etc. But for now, I feel good about this.

#139 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

And Dusty's nieces are coming to visit for about 15 days. I think they're 9 and 13? Something like that. Should be fun! Get me out of my recliner and into the sun. They live in Eastern Kansas, so I'm plotting all the awesome things to show them that they've never seen - the ocean (not completely sure they've not seen it, but they haven't seen it here), mountains, volcanoes, temperate rainforest, Seattle, Portland, and all the different people up here.

Becky, if you make it to Portland, you need to PM me!

Quote:

I keep thinking about putting my birth on chat roulette just to watch all the guys with their weens out go limp. That thought keeps making me smile.

This just made me spit out a little bit of the food I was eating from sheer funny-tude.  Hiiiiiilarious ROTFLMAO.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#140 of 897 Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Becky, if you make it to Portland, you need to PM me!

I was thinking so, yes! I will let you know! :) I wanna go to OMSI.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#141 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprint View Post

Yay for all the good stuff!  thumb.gif

I got a call this morning, asking if I could go in for an appointment with the doctor I'm hoping to switch to, Tuesday!  joy.gif  That's exactly two weeks since the last appointment (and the day I hit 30 weeks), meaning I lose no appointments, and - unless there's a surprising lack of liking for this new doctor - will be in the care of someone whose past decisions, at least, leave me a lot more comfortable....

Yay!!

Quote:

biglaugh.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#142 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 AM

I used the slow cooker to make a batch of black beans yesterday.  I haven't really cooked anything since Feb, so it felt really good...and they taste really good too!

#143 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 06:23 PM

They accepted the offer on the house we were wanting to buy!!!  Looks like there's a good chance we'll be in a new house before the baby gets here!

#144 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

They accepted the offer on the house we were wanting to buy!!!  Looks like there's a good chance we'll be in a new house before the baby gets here!

Yay for a new house! Ack for moving now! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

#145 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Yay for a new house! Ack for moving now! :D

Yeah we just moved into the rent house we're in now this past weekend.  It was ridiculous!  All I can say is my poor husband!  He was so good to me though.  He said next time I'll be more supervising than anything, so at least he understands that I'm not gonna be able to do much.  But I'm so excited!  We were so worried we wouldnt be able to do anything before August, but the couple moving out need to get out quick and we need to get in quick so I think it may work well.  But I'm not unpacking anything we don't absolutely need so I don't have to do it all again we can just move when the time comes.  And baby needs to stay put til then!

#146 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM

I finished and have all of my personal trainer CEU's, ethics classes, course requirements, etc. ready to mail out tomorrow.  Now I'm good for another two years. biggrinbounce.gif

#147 of 897 Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

I'm not unpacking anything we don't absolutely need so I don't have to do it all again we can just move when the time comes.  And baby needs to stay put til then!

One of my very dear friends went into labor about an hour after she unpacked the nursery, on the day she moved in to her house (the first house she and her partner every bought, in fact).  It's kind of a sweet story...  But fingers crossed that your bun stays firmly planted in that oven until you get settled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I finished and have all of my personal trainer CEU's, ethics classes, course requirements, etc. ready to mail out tomorrow.  Now I'm good for another two years. biggrinbounce.gif

That's gotta be such a relief.  I love crossing off things like that.  It's such a weight lifted off your shoulders winky.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#148 of 897 Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 AM

while i should have been studying all weekend for my encroaching finals, the weather here was beautiful for a three day stretch!! this is the first time all season.....  so clearly, i blew off my studtying and spent hours upon hours in the sunshine and garden. oh my goodness, what a difference the time and love has made! i was even able to get the little house i've been dreaming of for the kiddos to play in this summer all ready to grow up....it is a form made from long stiacks and bamboo, with sunflowers, tall snapdragons, sweet peas, cosmos, and willow growing up and all around. i have had the willow alone rooting since february.... what can i say, i am a fair weather gardener.shrug.gif  doesn't mean i can't dream in the winter.winky.gif

so the yard is starting to look beautiful and amazing.....and......this is finals week!!! i am done with two classes, and only have three more to get through tests with before i can cross this term off my list. that will feel so good. i am never, never, taking 18 credits again. i am, however, taking 12 credits this summer.....ack! ......but mostly they will be online credits, and one class i have had many a promise that the teacher is super accomodating, and that the class has a lot of good info but is still easy. right up my alley this summer. it will help the time to pass....

omg, 8 more weeks! i will be holding this babe before i know it. i have so much i have to get done!

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#149 of 897 Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been feeling creative this week.   I re-wrote a short story I originally wrote a couple of years ago, and also wrote an essay (about the weird negative things people sometimes say to pregnant ladies).

Also, I just peeked at my Amazon registry and noticed 5 more items have been purchased!  I managed to resist the urge to scroll down and see what they were or who bought them.  So it looks like I will get some surprises in the mail soon!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#150 of 897 Old 06-06-2011, 05:10 AM

Finally got inspired with colors for painting most of the rooms in the new house-- the theme?  "Serenity in a Tree House"-- we're in a wood-sided home in the woods, hence the tree house feeling, and I want every room to inspire a soothing, zen-like feeling.  For the first time in my life I'm bringing out some taupes!  I've always had very brightly colored rooms in my house, but the trouble with this new house is that brightly colored rooms would not fit well with the general vibe.

And, we're meeting with a doula today! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page