Mothering Forum banner

What do you feel GOOD about today?

22K views 896 replies 55 participants last post by  cat13 
#1 ·
Sometimes when things are very overwhelming and there is lots to do, it's hard for me to focus on all the positive stuff that happens in my life. So here goes!

The big thing: We made the switch from our OB doctors to the Midwife practice in town. They are still associated with the same hospital, which I am happy about. I'm feeling very good about this choice. They are a much smaller practice and everyone there seems so much more caring. I think the next few months of visits are going to be much more enjoyable!

I feel good about getting outside today. It's such a beautiful time of year with the lilacs blooming and such nice weather.

Well, that's two things at least! Anyone else?

#102 ·
YAAYYYYYY!!!!
joy.gif

This isn't much, but it looks like the one doctor I'd heard recommended, here on MDC, as at least more flexible than others on the issues bothering me, who works in the same hospital as my other doctors, IS TAKING NEW PATIENTS!!!!!

I should hear back from his office shortly....

(The hospital's close, has a level-3 NICU, has me in their system, and, despite high c-section and epidural rates, has better maternity policies than many hospitals do... so I really want to stay there, versus another hospital.)

#103 ·
I just got back from a wonderful vacation with DH's family and am just happy about life in general. I have four amazing SILs and a wonderful MIL! They threw me a little baby shower and I got some really cute baby clothes and some gorgeous handmade gifts as well. I also got to spend time with my neices and nephews, and that started to make me feel more excited to have a baby of my own soon (I had kind of been struggling with this).

Also, DH has been really extra amazing lately. He is just so excited about the baby and is always talking to her and about her, it's really nice. It all helps me feel less scared and more happy :)

#104 ·
Oh good, Imprint! I just read your post in the other thread and that really does sound annoying. It really sucks to feel like you don't have options - I hope this one pans out!

I was depressed and lonely all day. Then DH came home from work and cheered me up, and then I made muffins for dinner and we watched funny videos together.
luxlove.gif
happytears.gif
Heh, I have just been a hormonal mess in the past few days.

#105 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

I just got back from a wonderful vacation with DH's family and am just happy about life in general. I have four amazing SILs and a wonderful MIL! They threw me a little baby shower and I got some really cute baby clothes and some gorgeous handmade gifts as well. I also got to spend time with my neices and nephews, and that started to make me feel more excited to have a baby of my own soon (I had kind of been struggling with this).

Also, DH has been really extra amazing lately. He is just so excited about the baby and is always talking to her and about her, it's really nice. It all helps me feel less scared and more happy :)
Wonderful! That's just what one hopes for people, and I wish it happened more often. So glad both parts are true for you.... and glad you're feeling happier and more excited about the little one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Oh good, Imprint! I just read your post in the other thread and that really does sound annoying. It really sucks to feel like you don't have options - I hope this one pans out!

I was depressed and lonely all day. Then DH came home from work and cheered me up, and then I made muffins for dinner and we watched funny videos together.
luxlove.gif
happytears.gif
Heh, I have just been a hormonal mess in the past few days.
Yes, thanks! I am still waiting, but so relieved to have any option, beyond a strained relationship with o.b. or acquiescing. I'm hopeful that I may really end up with a doctor I can at least talk to and come to good decisions with.... and one who is willing to do at least some things most others won't or may not. (I know he's done vaginal births for twins where the first is breech, and accepted serious refusals of an epidural in twin deliveries.)

Yay for husbands who cheer us up! I'm glad your evening was comforting. I hope you feel much better in the coming days, though.....

#111 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I feel good that after today I only have FOUR weekends left of work!!
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

Hubby got published!!!

No pay yet, but still! He got published on an online scifi magazine, writing about Dr Who.
Lovely! Congratulations to both of you!!! That's terrific news. Even without pay, it's got to be wonderful and encouraging.

I didn't hear back from the doctor's office, yesterday, but that's not awful, on a Friday afternoon, before a holiday weekend. I am still hopeful. AND - I'm happy that I got to visit with baby shower guests (including my mother and sister and very dear old friends), remotely, a few minutes ago!
joy.gif
This is a photo my sister took from her end, and posted on Facebook....

258262_10150221351783081_783248080_7091027_2864277_o.jpg

#112 ·
I am still excited about finally settling on a name with dp last night after months of him being a jerk about it. I get my way on the first name and he chose the middle name (with some guidance from me of course lol). We are still stuck on the last name, but both of our last names are terrible anyways so it doesn't matter much. I want to share her name here so bad, but it's very unique and I have had issues with people stealing my names before. I don't want any random internet person using it until after she is born.

Work has been going well, school is good, my workouts have been decent, and my house is spotless (yay for nesting). All in all I can't complain too much.

#113 ·
Thanks for sharing all your positivity, ladies. I have been feeling so down lately that it's good for me to hear all your good stuff.

As for me, I have finally begun working out regularly again! I started swimming 2-3x per week and doing to pre-natal yoga once a week. Now that I've gone 2 weeks straight, I can safely say that it's in my routine now.

#114 ·
I have today, tomorrow, and thursday off work!
joy.gif
and I have plans to actually get things done. I came home yesterday to a semi clean house- after my break down the day before I spent 4 hrsIcleaning my living room (where everything had been dumped when we re did the bedroom). DF cleaned the kitchen while I was at work yesterday- so now instead of looking around at how much I still have to do and having another break down, I can look around and focus on a few things little by little. Today I'm going to reinstall the closet rod since it fell, sand and paint the dresser we''re using as a changing station and wash up a few more things.

Thursday we are going to the lake- finally!

#116 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I am feeling good about FINALLY being able to get into a pool today! Swimming makes me feel so light and relaxed. I love it
joy.gif
I just hope I don't get too burnt because I am one fair skinned mama!
I love the pool. Its so relaxing, and as a bonus it makes the bump feel weightless. My only issue is getting out of the pool, especially towards the end, as then it feels like its made of lead for a while after. When we were at the pool on Sunday and it was time to get out (DS was getting tired) I kept telling DH I didn't want to, and couldn't I just stay in the pool until the baby comes at the end of August.

I get you on the fair skin too, both DS and I have very fair skin and are always by far the palest people at the pool, but we try to stick to not going outside (its an outdoor pool) until late afternoon, so neither of us gets too much sun. DH has lived in Florida since he was 5 and he gets skin cancers and pre-cancers removed every 6 months when he goes to the dermatologist. He might have a great tan, but it does come at a price, and I think I'd rather stay pale skinned than pay it.

#117 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I am feeling good about FINALLY being able to get into a pool today! Swimming makes me feel so light and relaxed. I love it
joy.gif
I just hope I don't get too burnt because I am one fair skinned mama!
Yes, I have been loving going to the pool! I just discovered that our county pool is super large, nice and free so I've been going at least twice a week. I hear you about being fair skinned. Even though I've lived in Hawaii for the last 2 1/2 years, you wouldn't know it by looking at me. I'm a freckled, fair skinned redhead who only has two colors... pale and burned! That's why I love this pool, because it's open aired, but has a cover overhead to block the sun.

I hope you enjoy your swim!

#118 ·
I'm feeling good that my internet provider sorted last night's crash in time for me to Skype with my family this morning. Aiden is going to get to unwrap his birthday presents in front of his Scottish side that sent them over weeks ago to make sure they were here in time.

Can't believe its been a year since he was born, but I can now say I have a 1 year old.
joy.gif

#119 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post
Can't believe its been a year since he was born, but I can now say I have a 1 year old.
joy.gif
Happy birthday to your little guy, and congrats on surviving a year!!
birthday.gif

#120 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Happy birthday to your little guy, and congrats on surviving a year!!
birthday.gif
Thank you. I can hardly believe how quickly this past year has flown by, and now I've only got 13 weeks until the next little one is due. I think I must be crazy.
wild.gif

#121 ·
Congratulations, Lynn!
birthday.gif
to Aiden! Having finally bothered to try Skype with family, Saturday, I realize how nice it will be to be able to do similar things, once the babies are born, and everyone is home, again. Your family sounds like a much bigger version of mine, farther off.

I feel good about getting in a lot of long walks, lately. Also, I feel better about making nice dinners the last several days, instead of sort of skimping on effort; and having had the groceries I've been using delivered, instead of walking to the store and rolling/lugging them home. It was just getting to be too much, but I kept being focused on other things till we were out of necessities, and it was too late to get them delivered the next day. It's good to feel a little more organized, and less worried about the strain of getting things back with me.

I feel VERY GOOD about how strong my babies seem, the last couple of days! They feel like small newborns playing in the casing of my skin, rather than tiny creatures floating inside and sometimes hitting the walls around them. I can really feel the change in their size, just in the last week.... I'm hoping they're near the three-pound mark, now.

#122 ·
joy.gif
Yippee! I called my o.b.'s office for lab results, and passed my glucose screening with an 88 (out of the 65-140 normal range), and am told my hemoglobin is 12.1. (I really would like to keep it from going lower, but yay for not being anemic!)

#124 ·
Thank you!!! I hope you do!!!

In other nice news, Monday, on a walk, my husband and I ran into the husband of the couple with 8-month-old male/female twins we'd heard lived in our building, out getting the babies some sunshine. Five minutes ago, bringing laundry up from the basement, I met his wife (with the twins). She seemed really nice, and encouraging about how lovely having the two is, despite the extra challenge. So, here's being happy for the possibility of nice, twin-parent friends in the building.... a specially lovely thought when the bitter winter sets in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.