What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
OMG. I did it. Disney all day, in the heat, with 3 kids, at 31 weeks. And I am still able to move. My feet look like tree trunks, I never had swollen feet before but I'll take it if it means the kids had fun. We fly all day tomorrow and I think that is when it is really going to hit me. Last year DD2 got ill at the end of our beach trip, ended up in the hospital. She got out the morning we were supposed go do Disney, we went for a couple hours because of DD1. But it wasn't fun, DD2 was comatose in the stroller,remembers nothing. Anyway both girls had really been looking forward to it for a year, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle it, my hips hurt so bad always that it is all I can do to waddle a few feet. But I did it!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had a great photo shoot and earned myself some much needed money.  I was really sick before leaving the house, so I am proud of me for sticking with it and not cancelling the shoot.  In the end, the money always makes it worth it anyways lol.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM

Yay Imprint! That doctor sounds SO much better than the previous one!

Elevena, impressive indeed. I haven't even taken any classes this semester, just sloooowly dragged my way through my thesis. Which I AM making progress on, happily, even if it is very slow. I feel good about that.

Riley, wow, I need to do all that stuff too. Good for you!

I am happy today because I got my hemoglobin up! It was 10.8 4 weeks ago and now it is 12.6! Yay! All that floradix really helped. Also I only gained 3 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Starting to cook at home again probably helped too. And I just feel physically healthy and strong right now. It's a nice feeling.

Also the midwife I've been seeing for my prenatal care is pretty awesome. Unfortunately she's going to be on vacation for July so I will see some other midwife until I give birth, which will be with whatever midwife happens to be on shift at the hospital (they are different than the prenatal care midwives). Crossing my fingers to get one as good as the one I've been seeing.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 AM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

I have a 3D ultrasound today. I only got 5 hours of sleep but I'm so excited I can't fall back asleep. Seeing what her face will look like 8 weeks before she's born totally feels like cheating. And I love it. smile.gif

Pictures please!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Today is a good day!

I've been only getting about 5 hrs of sleep for the last week or so? Something like that. I sleep as long as the Bennydryl lasts me. I woke up this morning scratching and was so tired that I decided to just f*&# it and take another one. So at 730, I crawled into bed with Dusty (I've gone back to sleeping in my recliner as laying on my side has skin pressed together which makes me itch more) and slept. At 1030 the guy came to fix our leaky toilet. I kept sleeping. I finally woke up at 1. Considered sleeping more, I probably could have, but got up. Much better! :D Took me a few hours to be fully awake, but man. I feel better.

I'm slowly cleaning house, so that's good. Have the guest room ready for the girls tomorrow. Washed dishes. We got this awesome new pan - a mix of ceramic and cast iron. Very light, good for cooking and the several-day-old eggs washed away easily, yay!

Dust finally went live on a site he's been working on. The lady he talks to in the company likes it so much that for the second time, she's asking him to bill her more. At her insistence, they're paying him 3x the price they'd agreed on in the beginning. Oh yes please. So as soon as we get paid all that he's billed out (which would be nice, we're flat broke), we can pay off the washer and dryer and my credit card and finally buy things for the baby. Feels wonderful! The money is good, but having a partner who is so appreciated that someone would do that is also really amazing. I'm so proud of him. Other clients do it, too - they try to find more and more things for him to do for them. It's really neat.

And I think I've worked out a pretty good system for my skin. Cold baths with sea salt followed by a coating of Traumeel. Then a mix throughout the day of whatever cream is handy (I have four) and a Bennydryl before bed. Not perfect, still itchy, but much less so :) Still seems to be worsening, but I think that's due to a few scratch-frenzied days and will hopefully go back to getting better as it was before.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I got to lay in bed with DH for an hour before he left for work tonight. About 45 minutes of that time the babe was kicking and DH had his hand on my belly to feel them. Didn't get the nap I initially wanted, but the bonding was worth it. heartbeat.gif

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 PM

it is wonderful to hear everyone's good news here...

I don't have anything significant today. Just something that warmed my heart at work...one of the ladies (someone I do not see very often since she is mostly on the first floor) had the perfect line for a pregger lady!

I know whenever people tell me " you look like you are about to pop", "goodness, you have till August, yikes", "you are getting really big" - what they mean is that "I care to make a comment about you to show that i care"....which, I am getting be perfectly ok with.

But this lady, looked at me, smiled and said "Do you feel as good as you look?" 

what a wonderful thing to say as I was bracing for another "big. large, pop" related comment! 

needless to say she put a smile on my face and I really appreciated it.

I guess ladies who have been through cookin a babe themselves know what not to say :-)

Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 PM

My boobs work! :D:D

Not lots, but hey! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Yay for working boobs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

My boobs work! :D:D

Not lots, but hey! :D

I am super happy today because I have been wanting to get some ragababe diapers but I am not willing to pay what they go for on ebay. Today they had a stocking and I do believe I got the two diapers I have had my eye on! I just hope these diapers are as good as everyone says. I can't wait till my little guy gets here and I can try them out.

Who ever thought diapers would be sooo exciting to me! lol

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to Jude 08/11, 03/13, 09/13
04/2014 08/2014
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Karalynn, its weird how fascinating and fun diapers can be when they're cloth! I get excited about diapers now too.

Today I got two closets cleaned. Granted, storage wise they are the two smallest closets in my apartment - (the entry way closet which only has shoes/green bags, a few coats and dog stuff0 and the laundry closet which had a surprising amount of stuff on the two shelves above the washer and dryer.- But yay for productivity! Now I have the load of towels I plan on using for the birth in the wash. Going to fix my birth bag with the towels in it today. Plan on hopefully fixing the one with all the baby things- receiving blankets, hats, a few outfits, and whatever else "baby" I need right after the birth.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 06-11-2011, 01:18 PM

ladies, we are all getting things done!

my grades have started rolling in...so far, 4 A's, and 2 to hear back on. joy.gif not only is it over, but not as bad as i feared! this next term will be super mellow in comparison...and i need to financial aid to stay afloat or else i might be saving this time for baby preparations.

hooray for getting paid more than requested, breasts already producing colostrum/milk for babes, people making heart-warming comments vs the "oh my god, you still have how long?" ones, and fancy baby diapers. the sun is starting to shine here more, too! and i have been making homemade posicles like crazy. :)

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 06-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Today at Bed bath and beyond, a total stranger came up to me and Nora and said, "Ohhhhh!  You're expecting another!!  Is it a boy or a girl!?" and I said, "Oh, a boy!" and she goes, "AAHHHH Congratulations!  What a blessing!!!"  and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  

It was just nice.  love.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-11-2011, 07:30 PM

That's so great Carrie. I love it when strangers tell me to "be blessed" or "god bless you and the little one". It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

(much better than the "are you having TWINS comments I get from some customers eyesroll.gif )

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 PM

I was able to go back to sleep again! Two nights in a row! Which is good because I only got 4 hours before waking up. And! I didn't even have to take another pill to get back to sleep :) Still took an hour, but hey!

We have Dusty's nieces now! Looking forward to dragging them about to lots of fun. Being exciting tonight and they're playing video games. Eh. Tomorrow will be shopping and the farmer's market, Monday is a down day as Dusty has to work, Tuesday we see midwives.. but then! Then we'll have fun! Beaches and other shiny things.

My awesome friend texted me to say that she has for me: a baby swing, a co-sleeper and clothes for his first six months. Oh yes, please! :D I need to keep the clothes nice so I can do the same for someone, it feels so nice to get things for free! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-12-2011, 02:10 AM

DH just went to the store for me and got me some ice cream.  At 12:30AM.  Bless him!  AND, I managed to only eat a little bit of it.  Just enough to cure my raging heartburn.  Hopefully this means that I can get horizontal and go to sleep now!

Also, the Ben & Jerry's peach cobbler flavor is delightful.  I'd never had it before.  But it's peach!  And it has Willy Nelson on it...  How could I resist orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM

So jealous!!!!!   I cant wait to see this little guy - was it amazing?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Glad to hear Im not the only one using ice cream as heartburn relief- it's my nightly ritual- add a cup of chamomile tea and tummy settled for bed :)

Old 06-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is silly but...my butt looks really good!  I don't enjoy having larger boobs and thighs, but I noticed in the mirror that my previously flat butt has somehow become round.  I had to point this out to my boyfriend and he agreed.  It's either the weight gain or all the squats I do in my prenatal yoga.  I wish after having this baby I could have my old body back and keep this butt!  Haha.

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM

My mixed melon/fruit cup from the grocery store.  Yum. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My mixed melon/fruit cup from the grocery store.  Yum. :)

Oh that sounds fantastic!  I've noticed that quite a few posts in this thread could also be filed under, "What do you feel GOOD about EATING today?" lol.gif

Now I want a big bowl of cold melon slices.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM

I'm beating the rash :D

I changed several things at once so I'm not sure what did it but I mostly think it's the combo of the cold (sometimes too cold) sea salt baths followed by a coating of Traumeel. I'm taking a bunch of milk thistle, too.

My boobs now look mostly clear - nipples feel right again, skin feels like I've recovered from a bad burn, very try and peely. My neck and chest are clearing up. My arms are starting to clear up! My stomach is still blotchy and red, but the top part is clearing.

I'm SO HAPPY.

I spent most of the time keeping it moist when it seems that drying it out was the better idea. Now with the healing skin, I'm using Eucerin cream because it's the best moisturizer I've found - the anti-itch creams don't work as well since I think this itch is a reasonable reaction to being dried to death. :)

I have acupuncture today and I think that'll just speed it on the way! :)

And then, sorry guys, all my pictures shall be naked, showing off my skin :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

And then, sorry guys, all my pictures shall be naked, showing off my skin :)

Oh Becky, if you can mostly beat that rash, you ROCK it in the photos.  I would be just out of my mind ecstatic to not be so itchy...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Yaaaay Becky!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Oh Becky, if you can mostly beat that rash, you ROCK it in the photos.  I would be just out of my mind ecstatic to not be so itchy...

Yes! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Yippee!!!  Congratulations, Becky!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 PM

Go Becky GO!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Awesome, Becky!!!  joy.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Becky! That is AWESOME news!!!!! 

My great news of the day is that I passed the GD test!!! Now they can't use the concern of me having GD as a reason for possibly birthing a large baby and to push interventions on me that I neither want nor need. I know my battle with them is not over, but I have to celebrate this one.

My fasting reading needed to be below 92 and it was 79.

My one hour reading needed to be below 180 and it was 115.

My two hour reading needed to be below 153 and it was 95!!!

joy.gif joy.gif

I didn't have GD with my DS (and I was tested). Neither my mother (who has had 7 babies) nor my 4 adult sisters (who each had 2-3 babies; one sister has #4 on the way) have ever had GD. In fact, nobody in my extended family (save one uncle who has diabetes due to his diet) have ever had diabetes and I have a HUGE family.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Becky! That is AWESOME news!!!!! 

My great news of the day is that I passed the GD test!!! Now they can't use the concern of me having GD as a reason for possibly birthing a large baby and to push interventions on me that I neither want nor need. I know my battle with them is not over, but I have to celebrate this one.

My fasting reading needed to be below 92 and it was 79.

My one hour reading needed to be below 180 and it was 115.

My two hour reading needed to be below 153 and it was 95!!!

joy.gif joy.gif

I didn't have GD with my DS (and I was tested). Neither my mother (who has had 7 babies) nor my 4 adult sisters (who each had 2-3 babies; one sister has #4 on the way) have ever had GD. In fact, nobody in my extended family (save one uncle who has diabetes due to his diet) have ever had diabetes and I have a HUGE family.

OMG!  Not only did you pass but you passed WITH FLYING COLORS!!!  Go, mama!!  You KNEW you didn't have GD!!  HOOOOORRAAYYYYY!!!!

User Tag List