What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My midwife appointment today went great! I had DH with me just in case. My "nice" midwife was very pleased with my GTT results and not so concerned about GD. My weight gain has slowed (1/2 a pound in the last 2 weeks and 2 pounds the 2 weeks prior) and I'm not measuring as far ahead. So there was no talk about an ultrasound. I told my midwife that I talked with my former midwife, who said the shoulder dystocia was mild and she didn't consider it to be a cause for concern, so there was no further mention of a possible c-section. Things seem to be looking up, and I think my doula can only help me in the delivery room. I'm very happy, indeed. joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

My midwife appointment today went great! I had DH with me just in case. My "nice" midwife was very pleased with my GTT results and not so concerned about GD. My weight gain has slowed (1/2 a pound in the last 2 weeks and 2 pounds the 2 weeks prior) and I'm not measuring as far ahead. So there was no talk about an ultrasound. I told my midwife that I talked with my former midwife, who said the shoulder dystocia was mild and she didn't consider it to be a cause for concern, so there was no further mention of a possible c-section. Things seem to be looking up, and I think my doula can only help me in the delivery room. I'm very happy, indeed. joy.gif

Oh, congratulations!! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Now that Ive taken an early maternity leave Ive had more time with my daughter and can say "yes" most of the time now when she says 'mommy, will you play with me?"

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM

I found two, identical cream colored pearls inside of an oyster last night!  What good luck. :) That definitely made me feel good. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Hooooray!!!!  Great news all around!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

Now that Ive taken an early maternity leave Ive had more time with my daughter and can say "yes" most of the time now when she says 'mommy, will you play with me?"

Fabulous.  This makes me smile!!  So happy for both you and your DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I found two, identical cream colored pearls inside of an oyster last night!  What good luck. :) That definitely made me feel good. :)

How neat!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:

Wow! How often does THAT happen??? That's crazy wonderful!
Quote:

Wonderful news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM

It's always such a treat to read this thread! Thanks everyone for sharing your happiness. biggrinbounce.gif

As for me, on Tues & Wed I taught a CPR and Wilderness First Aid class and made some money that will help pay for some of my MW and doula fees. When I planned it a few months ago, I wondered how well I'd do teaching at 31 weeks, but it went great! I don't really have any ankles today, but it was so worth it!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 06-16-2011, 09:24 PM

Excellent, Poetrylover!!!

CCL, how strange and cool!

Yesterday I was sitting on a terrace with DH, sipping some green tea while he had a delicious artisan beer, complaining about how huge and gigantic I am and how people are starting to stare more and also do that thing where they're staring and then they notice you looking at them so they pretend not to. I think the lady sitting at the next table heard me because she turned around casually, looked directly at me, and said the equivalent of "looking good!" with a nice smile. How sweet! orngbiggrin.gif And she didn't even ask if I'm sure there's only one in there...

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:43 AM

I bought a big hunk of my favorite gruyere when I went grocery shopping tonight.  And between my hips, my pubic bone, my major heartburn, my heartache, and the fact that little lady seems to be playing dance dance revolution in my womb, I couldn't sleep.  So I ate half the hunk of gruyere, with my favorite crackers.  And had a bottle of my favorite coconut water.

I may not have gotten any lovin' tonight, but am celebrating the heck out of that gruyere.  It was delicious!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 AM

Oh yummm italiamom. You just gave me a major craving for artisanal cheese and crackers.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 AM

I slept for 6.5 hours w/o waking up. Almost a full night's sleep :)

~SynEpona~
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 AM

Its Friday, and we're having a proper date tonight.

This is the first real date we've had since DS was born. A friend is going to baby sit for us so DH & I can go out just the two of us, and there is a music festival on downtown so we might just amble by and catch some of the free concert.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 AM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM

I got more than 9 hours of sleep - only getting up to pee twice, but having no trouble going back to sleep :)

And I had my midwifrey appointment yesterday - everyone is in awe over my skin! The rash i almost gone! Have a few red patches on my sides, parts of my right arm and a bit on my belly, but I'm certain that it will all be gone by the next appointment in two weeks! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM

We are having an ultrasound later today...Poor DH can't make it as he has to work overtime to make up for the fact that his paycheck was miniscule due to state budget cuts, but..the boys are all excited to see their baby sister, so I'll have a quadrant of support and smiles around me to make up for the anxiety that always threatens me when I have to have an ultrasound. Dejavu issues....

I know she's moving...so I should not worry. Right???

I'm getting my first CSA share of farm veggies today, delivered to my door! yay!

My eldest son is apparently having a son! I feel happier about this than if he told me he was having a little girl. I don't know why...I just do. DH thinks it is because I would worry about a girls physical and emotional safety more. He's probably right. And this little boy will have a bunch of loving uncles, so...that is great for him. I'm not ready to be a grandmother at the age of 36. But...I wasn't ready to be a mother at 15, so, I guess it all evens out.

My mother in law sent a cute little onesie for our buttercup, and miracles of miracles...it WAS NOT PERIWINKLE! In fact, it even had little pink and green flowers...I almost fainted. (the woman despises all colors except periwinkle...her garden is only periwinkle flowers and white flowers. She always sends me periwinkle sweaters that are size small (I wear size XL) and tells me that if I loose weight, they will fit.) It is a miracle that she opted for something WE might like instead of something only SHE would like. that is rare. Maybe she had a stroke or something....

Sending you all love....and Italiamom...I am jealous of your snack! YUM!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 06-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Horray for positive belly comments, yummy snacks, sleeping well, massages, dates and farm shares!

I am really excited for this weekend, because some friends of mine and I are planning Thanksgiving 2.0.  Basically we loved our Thanksgiving so much last November that we are doing it again... turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pie, rolls, pie and more pie!  It's fun to think that last Thanksgiving I was still hoping for a BFP in a few days, and telling everyone that I was just "too full" to drink any alcohol. Little did I know that my little critter was already starting to grow inside me! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd like to pipe in on this thread because I'm feeling so happy about our pediatrician. We met her this week, and she seems just so openminded, and so nice. We asked her about her medical approach, mentioning that we like to approach things from the natural side, and she said that she has 5 kids, had three homebirths, and did selective/delayed vaccinations with her own children. She said there are pros and cons to each way, and that she supports people in analyzing both sides and making their own personal decision. Plus, she seems like she so genuinely cares, and she's associated with our OB/midwife practice whom we LOVE. I'm just so happy, and I feel like we fell a$$ backwards lucky into this situation. thumb.gif Please, let this first impression be accurate! orngbiggrin.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 06-17-2011, 05:20 PM

I finally broke down and took Zantac (after calling my OB to find out what's safe) for this HORRIBLE heartburn I've been having.  I'm typically one to just suffer through any illnesses while pregnant without the use of drugs, so this is a BIG deal for me.  I'm so happy to say that I haven't had a moment of heartburn in over 4 hours!!!!! joy.gif

I hope it helps with the attacks that have been waking me up in the middle of the night too. 

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
Old 06-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

I finally broke down and took Zantac (after calling my OB to find out what's safe) for this HORRIBLE heartburn I've been having.  I'm typically one to just suffer through any illnesses while pregnant without the use of drugs, so this is a BIG deal for me.  I'm so happy to say that I haven't had a moment of heartburn in over 4 hours!!!!! joy.gif

I hope it helps with the attacks that have been waking me up in the middle of the night too. 

Yay!  I hear you on this, mama!  Since Pepcid has entered my life, I feel good again!!  It's the little things, isn't it?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-17-2011, 05:59 PM

We've having whole wheat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight joy.gif normally I don't care much for spaghetti, but since becoming pregnant I absolutely love it. And even using organic ww noodles and organic pasta sauce, it still makes for a pretty cheap meal.

I worked 8 full hrs today and only wanted to tell somebody off once (one of the "managers" who is a total a-hole and doesn't know how to manage).

No comments from any customers today on how "huge" I am already

I hit up the clearance buggies after work today and over $120 worth of things for $4 (after using a $15 off my purchase coupon). Some things were things I needed- like fish oil pills (.25- normally $15!!), nursing pads ($1 for a box of 40), and a 12 pk "Pleasure Pack" of condoms for 50 cent- of course we don't need these NOW, but after the baby is born, to prevent anymore "oops!" ; some were things we didn't really need like a set of fancy pens and a cute hooded towel for the baby. I love when our store marks down things! Good deals- especially on things I was going to need to buy anyway make me super happy!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Thank you for sharing this!  I something, anything for this terrible heartburn.  I am really suffering this time around.  And every.single.time I ask an OB or a pharmacist...they all tell me tums are the only safe heartburn option for pregnant women.  I HATE tums when pregnant.  They taste gross and make me drool and want to hurl.  So I am off to get and try some Zantac tonight. joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

I'd like to pipe in on this thread because I'm feeling so happy about our pediatrician. We met her this week, and she seems just so openminded, and so nice. We asked her about her medical approach, mentioning that we like to approach things from the natural side, and she said that she has 5 kids, had three homebirths, and did selective/delayed vaccinations with her own children. She said there are pros and cons to each way, and that she supports people in analyzing both sides and making their own personal decision. Plus, she seems like she so genuinely cares, and she's associated with our OB/midwife practice whom we LOVE. I'm just so happy, and I feel like we fell a$$ backwards lucky into this situation. thumb.gif Please, let this first impression be accurate! orngbiggrin.gif

I wish I could find a pediatrician like that!  She sounds awesome!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:05 AM

I get to see my birth son today for a visit.  I have only seen him once since I placed him for adoption in Feb 2010, and that was at a very busy birthday party so I didn't really "see" him much.  This has the potential to be so awkward, the family and I don't always see eye to eye on things.  But I'm hoping it goes well and I'm excited to see how much he has changed now that he's almost three years old (I rarely get pictures, so I'm really clueless).

Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:

I get to see my birth son today for a visit.  I have only seen him once since I placed him for adoption in Feb 2010, and that was at a very busy birthday party so I didn't really "see" him much.  This has the potential to be so awkward, the family and I don't always see eye to eye on things.  But I'm hoping it goes well and I'm excited to see how much he has changed now that he's almost three years old (I rarely get pictures, so I'm really clueless).

hug.gif I hope the visit goes well and that it isn't awkward at all.  

AFM - I feel good that I now only have ONE more weekend of work left (next week) and that we are getting sushi for dinner!!  I'm so excited that next week is my last week!  And then I'm (un)officially a SAHM!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

Hope it went well!

So this is one of those that mammas with children old enough to bicker NONSTOP will understand. I get 24 hours without DH and DD1. joy.gif Just the 4 and 2y at home with me, they aren't old enough to do the constant fighting like the 8 and 4y will do when they are together. Only 3 full weeks of summer down and already my eyes have developed what feels like a permanent twitch. eyesroll.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 PM

hehehe...there are five children at my house right now, singing and dancing joyfully in the empty downstairs. and i fixed a bookshelf that has been propped up for a month!!! with 5 kids here!!! and i have gone through my books, and cleared off almost a whole shelf....so now we have more room to put toys away, and i might make a little cash selling the decent ones. productive saturday!!! and there are five kids here!!!

lol, ok. it just makes me feel like......should this baby actually be turning our kid count to 4, rather than 3.....that a big family can totally work for us. it is affirming. i even got sewing done!!

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 06-18-2011, 07:03 PM

Oh Melaya, good luck mama!  I hope this visit is able to bring some joy to your heart!!

Peony...  Despite not having children old enough to bicker, I am of the opinion that any extra peace we can get is a very blessed thing!

Elevena, your Saturday sounds far more productive than mine (with only one kiddo around).  That's awesome!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 AM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

So this is one of those that mammas with children old enough to bicker NONSTOP will understand. I get 24 hours without DH and DD1. joy.gif Just the 4 and 2y at home with me, they aren't old enough to do the constant fighting like the 8 and 4y will do when they are together. Only 3 full weeks of summer down and already my eyes have developed what feels like a permanent twitch. eyesroll.gif

Am I a bad mom if I sometimes giggle when mine are bickering? They say some of the funniest things. orngbiggrin.gif

I think that if you don't, you'll become a bad mom and kill them all ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 AM

I did a 3.1 mile stroller walk today!  I feel damn good about that!

User Tag List