What do you feel GOOD about today? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sometimes when things are very overwhelming and there is lots to do, it's hard for me to focus on all the positive stuff that happens in my life. So here goes!

The big thing: We made the switch from our OB doctors to the Midwife practice in town. They are still associated with the same hospital, which I am happy about. I'm feeling very good about this choice. They are a much smaller practice and everyone there seems so much more caring. I think the next few months of visits are going to be much more enjoyable!

I feel good about getting outside today. It's such a beautiful time of year with the lilacs blooming and such nice weather.

Well, that's two things at least! Anyone else?

Jenny - First time mama, expecting babyf.gifbabyf.gifgirls in August!
My baby blog: http://thebabymakesfour.blogspot.com
#2 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM

My face isn't as swollen as it has been!

I've had great one on one time with dd today

I'm going on vacation in 4 days!

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#3 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It is really beautiful weather here today, too - not nearly as hot as it has been for the past couple of weeks.  We have the windows open and have been organizing the house (I moved in about a month ago but still had a lot to unpack).  We've made a lot of progress!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#4 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 01:17 PM

The weather is lovely. I'm leaving my door open and listening to the birds singing outside. It's wonderful.

My baby is a wiggly demon :D He moves so much! I love every minute of it.

We're going to a baby shower today for a friend of mine. I spent about double what I meant to - about $70 - but I'm excited about it. Her registry was for Wal-Mart, where I do not shop (for hippy reasons and plus it's really far away!), so I got things off it, but not quite exactly what she wanted. She had a different brand of Boppy with an interesting cloth baby seat attachment, I just got a regular Boppy and a cute cover and some Lanisoh. So that will be fun!

My friend came by with some fun books for me, so I've been looking through those.

I did some cleaning and Dusty washed and poured bleach in the Stinky Trash Can Of Doom, so our house will smell better.

Life is good, I have no complaints! (Except that my cat is laying in my lap making a continuous whiny noise that is making me want to tickle her)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#5 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post

The big thing: We made the switch from our OB doctors to the Midwife practice in town. They are still associated with the same hospital, which I am happy about. I'm feeling very good about this choice. They are a much smaller practice and everyone there seems so much more caring. I think the next few months of visits are going to be much more enjoyable!

That's so great for you! Seeing my midwife vs an OB is like night and day for me. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethrw View Post

I'm going on vacation in 4 days!

I would LOVE to go on vacation! I am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend and having 3 days off. smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

It is really beautiful weather here today, too - not nearly as hot as it has been for the past couple of weeks. 

Yea for sun! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

My baby is a wiggly demon :D He moves so much! I love every minute of it.

I love this too (most of the time). I remember a few months ago when other folks from the DDC started posting that they felt movement, and I couldn't wait for it to happen to me. Now it's non-stop! 

I feel good about.... I've finally settled into my new house, and now I feel prepared to start getting some baby stuff and nesting. I'm going to make my first purchase tonight.... cute cloth diapers!

Also, I just realized today that it's been about 7 months since my face broke out. Pregnancy = no periods = clear face!  biggrinbounce.gif

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#6 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM

I feel good about my body today!! joy.gif

That in and of itself is worth celebrating, lol!!

I feel really good that I didn't eat too much junk too.  It's the little things for me!  

And I feel good that I FINALLY talked to my boss about my leave.  Just told her I was planning on working til July unless anything came up or changed.  She was cool with it!  AND cool when I said that my plan right now was to take like 8 weeks or so off and then maybe come back one day by appt only.  So for now, we are on the same page and if/when I decide to not go back it'll be all good!  Wahoo!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 04:05 PM

I feel so pretty after my shoot!

Also, new episode of Dr Who and Game of Thrones!!!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#8 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 04:41 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#9 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM

I made some semi healthy cookies and did a prenatal workout with DD1 today! I have eaten much better today than the last week also, I am with you Carrie, the little things! I had so many treats from Mother's day, they are gone now and I can go back to healthy habits!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#10 of 897 Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM

I got a LOT done in the yard today, pelvis be damned!  I got the lawn mowed, and DH's back was feeling good enough that he was able to help me clean out the chicken coop and run, and also do some tidying on our back deck.  I also got several errands done, got all the bills caught up and paid, and generally just had a very productive day.  And it feels great to be productive!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#11 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 AM

We decided to not build the deck this spring. That frees up time (and money!) for the basement which is a bigger priority and was getting pushed aside in favour of smaller 'immediate gratification' projects.

One of our 2 new doors will be ready tomorrow.

I got the laundry room portion of the basement re-organized, and strollers now have homes, on hooks, not just stuck in a corner.

And ... it's Stash Game on a sewing forum I'm on ... which means non-stop sewing in all my free time, and that all the baby projects should be complete by June 15th!

Lastly ... I found a listing on our local classifieds for a 'Lot' of maternity clothes, in my size, for only 60$. It's over 30 pieces. Perfect for me, since I just had to return all my sister's maternity clothing, as she is 3mths pregnant & needed them back! I pick it up on Tuesday & I'm looking forward to making my wardrobe less boring, w/o a big expenditure!

~SynEpona~
#12 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I found a new sitter for the kids. My last one was so good, we all adored her but but she went to work for another family full time. This new one meets my requirements, just graduated from an intense program, and wants time off from school/profession before going on to grad school. She will be around for another year or so, doesn't want to work full time, and is wide open with her schedule. thumb.gif One less thing to worry about, I was going to manage work the rest of the summer and then 4 kids since baby is coming right when school starts up again (20 minute drive each way x2 each day, plus the activities, therapies, etc...) was getting concerning. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#13 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

Also, new episode of Dr Who and Game of Thrones!!!

Hey, we're watching Game of Thrones too! So far we are very happy with how the series compares to the books orngbiggrin.gif

Mostly lately I am just so happy that my hips work again. Thankful that I found a method that works to keep them pain-free!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#14 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 AM

Oh, i need this one today- the weather is NOT good here and i blew up at my 4 year this am when I unexpectedly crossed my whining crying limit at 6 am :(

I am grateful for my insightful husband who took my daughter out so I could "eat lunch, relax and take a nap if I wanted to"

I am grateful to have made it to 24 weeks and am excited about meeting our son :)

#15 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 11:06 AM

I feel good about my personal yoga practice lately, I feel really strong and flexible which is nice, and makes me feel good about the labor.

I am SO excited to go on vacation, we leave on Thursday!

I am excited for one of my BFF's wedding in July, even though I will probably be gigantic and uncomfortable by then ;)

I made the best brownies of all time last night

#16 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 PM

I feel good about getting back to work after a couple of weeks off (I had the flu and some other yucky stuff going on).  Being busy and making money helps me feel good/productive.

I feel good about how well I have done with my exercise and vitamin/medicine/supplement routine.

I feel good about all the cleaning/improving I have been doing to my new place.

I also feel good about finding a decent size NB/sm cloth diaper stash this morning in my storage.  I had sold most of it, but there is still a good collection of stuff here in NB size.  Bonus!

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#17 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 02:31 PM

I feel so good that I graduated from college on Friday :)!!!!!

Now I just get to enjoy staying at home with my kids for as long as we can afford. I have a lot to get done, but now I actually have the time.

I also got a chunk of sewing done today, and DH has tomorrow off and I'll get another big chunk done tomorrow. Feels sooo good :)

#18 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaniqua View Post

Congratulations!!!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#19 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Now I just get to enjoy staying at home with my kids for as long as we can afford. I have a lot to get done, but now I actually have the time.

I also got a chunk of sewing done today, and DH has tomorrow off and I'll get another big chunk done tomorrow. Feels sooo good :)

Congratulations! Great timing! :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#20 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Congrats!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#21 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 03:44 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#22 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 PM

That I get to spend the day with my sweetheart tomorrow, as he is taking the day off work so we can drive up to see the Space Shuttle launch in the morning.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#23 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 PM

I feel good that I graduated on Tuesday and passed my state boards with a 95 on Wednesday!! It is so nice to have that stress off my shoulders. Although now I feel weird because I have been in school forever and all of a sudden I have nothing to do. Plus I am not going to attempt to get a job until after I have him.

I have our little guys room completely cleared out and I got the carpet shampooed today. It makes me feel good that I am making progress there. Even though he is going to be sleeping with us until who knows when I am just excited about having his nursery done!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#24 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I feel good that I graduated on Tuesday and passed my state boards with a 95 on Wednesday!! It is so nice to have that stress off my shoulders. Although now I feel weird because I have been in school forever and all of a sudden I have nothing to do. Plus I am not going to attempt to get a job until after I have him.

I have our little guys room completely cleared out and I got the carpet shampooed today. It makes me feel good that I am making progress there. Even though he is going to be sleeping with us until who knows when I am just excited about having his nursery done!

Another graduate! Congratulations :) 

#25 of 897 Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 PM

Um, first off, congrats grads!  That is SO wonderful, and such a huge accomplishment.  Let me tip my hat to what I know is a HUGE weight to suddenly have off your shoulders.  May you glide through these remaining months feeling a bit lighter (emotionally, anyway)!!

Today was another outrageously productive day.  I got everything on my list done, which almost never happens.  Seeing your list disappear at the end of the day...  Priceless!!

Also good today, I made my favorite from-scratch reallllly chocolate brownies.  And I managed to eat a sensible amount of them, rather than half the pan.  DH is going to take the rest of the pan to work tomorrow so that the amount stays sensible...  My self-control isn't that good yummy.gif

katiemaeeee likes this.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#26 of 897 Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:

I feel good that I graduated on Tuesday and passed my state boards with a 95 on Wednesday!!

Congratulations! This is so motivating me to get my durn thesis done so I can relax too...

I feel good that I didn't eat any junk food at all yesterday.

#27 of 897 Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Also good today, I made my favorite from-scratch reallllly chocolate brownies.  And I managed to eat a sensible amount of them, rather than half the pan.  DH is going to take the rest of the pan to work tomorrow so that the amount stays sensible...  My self-control isn't that good yummy.gif

I always eat half the pan too!! Darn chocolately chewy goodness.  Good for you!!

Quote:

Woo hoo!!  Congratulations on both accounts!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#28 of 897 Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 AM

I feel good about feeling Princess Buttercup moving. I love it when she moves hard enough to make me catch my breath...it reminds me that she's ALIVE!!!!! joy.gif

I feel good about the way my house looks right now. DH spent the whole weekend cleaning and fixing up the yard. What a darling wonderful man! joy.gif

I feel good about the fact that I passed my Linear Algebra class! Now I just have Stats and Advanced research methods...and I've got my premed degree in psychology! YAY! (These two classes will have to wait till Buttercup is older though...so.....oh well to that!) Still.....YAY!! joy.gif

I feel good about the fact that my MIL lives far far away! Yay! joy.gif

I feel good about all the cute little things DH bought for buttercup this weekend....two bags of the cutest little softies ever....my man is so excited to have a daughter....and from the looks if it all, he's in love with lilac and butter yellow.... joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#29 of 897 Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM

CONGRATS karalynn!!!!1

I feel GOOD that one of my bff's bought me the hypnobabies "stay-in" track to listen to. I can't afford it with the now weekly or more traveling to the ob an hour away, and she got it for me. I pray it helps!

AND dh told me that last night when he came to bed I was already asleep, so he snuggled in, and went to say goodnight to the boy in the belly, and he was kicking all over the place, without me aware at all. lol, he got to have daddy time, cause dh spent a good few minutes talkin to him. joy.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#30 of 897 Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM

DS slept in until 9:30 today!  Which means that MAMA got to sleep in until 9:30 today too!!!

I am happy that pan of brownies was gone when I woke up.  Because I could TOTALLY eat one right now.  Or eight.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page