S/O: What do you want to complain about today? - Page 50 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1471 of 1477 Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamatwo8, I had to laugh reading your complaint since I just read your birth announcement! It looks like your body and baby heard you:) so funny that she was born today!

Sorry about your nosy folks though:(

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1472 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM

I'm really freaking mad.

Since I got pg my best friend was planning to come visit me for a day or so to come see the baby once he was born.  The original plan is she would bring her baby girl and stay with us overnight.  Slowly, since he's been here (within a WEEK), it's changed from coming for a day, to coming for an afternoon with her husband in tow (how can we have a girl chat w/her freaking DH right there??), to now meeting ALL her NJ friends at a breakfast brunch at someone else's house and squeezing me in for like an hour.

Not that I would go with a 2 week old but was I even invited to this breakfast brunch??  NO.

I drove to her house in MD TWICE, once with a toddler in the back seat at 25 weeks pg, to visit her and meet her new baby.  I'm OVER it.  This one sided friendship has fizzled.  irked.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#1473 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm sorry. She SUCKS! hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm really freaking mad.

Since I got pg my best friend was planning to come visit me for a day or so to come see the baby once he was born.  The original plan is she would bring her baby girl and stay with us overnight.  Slowly, since he's been here (within a WEEK), it's changed from coming for a day, to coming for an afternoon with her husband in tow (how can we have a girl chat w/her freaking DH right there??), to now meeting ALL her NJ friends at a breakfast brunch at someone else's house and squeezing me in for like an hour.

Not that I would go with a 2 week old but was I even invited to this breakfast brunch??  NO.

I drove to her house in MD TWICE, once with a toddler in the back seat at 25 weeks pg, to visit her and meet her new baby.  I'm OVER it.  This one sided friendship has fizzled.  irked.gif

#1474 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm really freaking mad.

I'd say it sounds like you are better off without this so called friendship. It sounds like its been very one sided for a long time now. You don't need that kind of stress in your life Carrie. You deserve friends who will treat you with the respect you obviously deserve.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#1475 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

I'd say it sounds like you are better off without this so called friendship. It sounds like its been very one sided for a long time now. You don't need that kind of stress in your life Carrie. You deserve friends who will treat you with the respect you obviously deserve.

yeahthat.gif  ((hugs))

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#1476 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM

Oh and I'm sick of this darn prodromal labor! I've been having regular, strong-ish contractions since last night, but they're not doing anything except piss me off! :( I wish they would just turn into real labor or go away! angry.gif

#1477 of 1477 Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Same here Jennifer,

I have been contracting every 10min since Monday, stopping for sleep and by 10pm each night. Last night I dreamed about awful contractions and woke up this morning with some bloody show. I WAS SO EXCITED. I felt like absolute doo doo today and had maybe 12 contraction ALL DAY. WTF?! Called the mw on call today and she is the useless new grad that couldn't give me any insight as to what was going on and informed me that she is on call until Sunday. GRRR. The other midwife will be there for the birth but OMG. This is my third birth and am in a place where I could use insight and the experience to of a seasoned mw. Not someone who skipped nursing school and went directly to becoming a CNM.... and only 3 months out of school. USELESS! I am so pissed. 

Professionally I loath people who skip the schooling and experience of a nurse, its like cutting in line and giving everyone who put the time in, the finger and saying nah nah poo poo. Its a mockery of those of us who have spent time wiping buts and getting punched by patients. 

Ok. So I just might have offended a bunch of people. Sorry. I needed to vent. I am so pissed off and b*tchy lately. And having her answer the phone today, my censor just came off. 

Tags
Problems Problems Confessions Of An Agony Aunt , Problem Solver Guide For Students With Adhd Ready To Use Interventions For Elementary And Secondary , How To Deal With Problems Benefits Of Single Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page