it's that time again...... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

They originally told me August 20th, but the u/s said the 19th.  My mws said not to expect a first baby until a week or two late, so I sometimes still feel like it will be forever, even though I know it could be much sooner.

I have a brother born on the 23rd and a sister born on the 25th.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM

I'm due August 4th. Literally whatever day I have her in the first week of August is another relatives birthday. So it'd be sweet if I went a few days early and had her in July. I don't see that happening though since she's my first.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#33 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM

My due date is July 31 but I wouldn't be surprised to see an August birth day, since I was 40 weeks 4 days with baby #2. But I'l just go ahead and say my due date. Honestly though, I have ZERO feelings on when this baby will be born. With my second, I was sure she'd arrive in September but she made it to October.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#34 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 05:07 PM

I am so jealous of all you mamas at the beginning.  I'm sure I'll be seeing photos and stories of your cute little babies while I draaaaaaaaag through those last 2 weeks of August, or maybe into September.  Oh god, please don't let it go on until September!

My EDD is August 25th (LMP).  DS was born at 39 weeks after my water broke early, and with some encouragement from some herbs.  I would be absolutely delighted if this LO comes at 38 or 39 weeks.  My suspicion, sadly, is that she'll stay put until 42.  He older brother is always so loud, and wailing.  I would want to stay put for as long as possible too irked.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#35 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

I am so jealous of all you mamas at the beginning.  I'm sure I'll be seeing photos and stories of your cute little babies while I draaaaaaaaag through those last 2 weeks of August, or maybe into September.  Oh god, please don't let it go on until September!

My EDD is August 25th (LMP).  DS was born at 39 weeks after my water broke early, and with some encouragement from some herbs.  I would be absolutely delighted if this LO comes at 38 or 39 weeks.  My suspicion, sadly, is that she'll stay put until 42.  He older brother is always so loud, and wailing.  I would want to stay put for as long as possible too irked.gif

I'm so with you on this one. Although we've joked about being in labor on Labor Day I really don't want to go in September. Then again I also don't really like the idea of spending my birthday in labor either, so sometime in week 39 would suit me perfectly. (Not that I have much say in the matter praying.gif) I just want a much shorter and straight forward labor that ends where it started AT HOME regardless of the actual date, but since I'm VBACing statistically it would be better to go a few days before my EDD rather than after.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#36 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Well I have no gosh darn idea when I am due! My LMP puts me at Aug 6th. I've had 12 ultrasounds that put me at July 23rd. I've had one ultrasound that puts me at Aug 13th. The Aug 13th one was at 5weeks and so that is the one my Dr is sticking to. Our concern is that we are 2 hours away from the hospital and I HAVE to have a c-section. Right now they have me scheduled to have him on the 6th which puts me somewhere between 39 and 42 weeks...fun times!

All of my kids have been born at 38 & 5.

#37 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 06:19 PM

The EDD the early ultrasound predicted is August 1st. I wasn't paying attention to ovulation or even the conception date, so I have nothing else to go on. But I'm thinking I may have a July baby. Maybe July 26th (random guess). But I guess I won't be surprised if I last until August 15th. It's kind of exciting, not knowing. :-)

#38 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 07:06 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#39 of 46 Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM

My EDD is August 14th, which is also my 1 year wedding anniversary. I have no feeling what-so-ever about when the baby is going to arrive, I just hope that I am feeling strong and energetic until the birth, because I don't want to have to take any more of my precious maternity leave before the baby comes.

I can't wait until the end of July to start hearing about those of us who have started popping!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#40 of 46 Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

I can't wait until the end of July to start hearing about those of us who have started popping!

This is so surreal.  I'm so excited to see all these babies from all you lovely ladies I've been chattering with for months now.  But JULY!!  OMG!! bigeyes.gif

It seems like last month that our belly photos were just little bumps...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#41 of 46 Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:

This is so surreal.  I'm so excited to see all these babies from all you lovely ladies I've been chattering with for months now.  But JULY!!  OMG!! bigeyes.gif

Isn't it amazing how fast it seems in hindsight!

#42 of 46 Old 06-08-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:

Yes, this!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#43 of 46 Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know, right? I was just lurking in the November thread and all the bellies are so small and cute, and I remember when ours were just budding, too. Now we have great big mama balls! I'm getting excited! orngbiggrin.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#44 of 46 Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:

My suspicion, sadly, is that she'll stay put until 42.  He older brother is always so loud, and wailing.  I would want to stay put for as long as possible too irked.gif

This made me LOL!!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

I know, right? I was just lurking in the November thread and all the bellies are so small and cute, and I remember when ours were just budding, too. Now we have great big mama balls! I'm getting excited! orngbiggrin.gif

I lurk in the newer DDCs all the time!  I love seeing them go through what we've already been through.  It's fun.

I really have no clue when this baby will come.  I have no gut feeling, early or late.  I know he'll be an August baby, that's for sure, with my EDD smack in the middle of the month.  The lady at the deli that I go to all the time says she thinks July 24th -- but that's practically 3 weeks early.  I don't see that happening.  DD was born one day before her orignal due date.  My first u/s put her due date on the 5th, but my LMP and O, she should have been due the 3rd.  I didn't haggle over it b/c it was a later date and it was my first baby!

He can come anytime in August!  No dates are good or bad. Just whenever!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#45 of 46 Old 06-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

He can come anytime in August!  No dates are good or bad. Just whenever!

I'm trying to hold onto this sentiment too. I'll just have to remind myself in a month or two when I'm getting sick of being pregnant!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#46 of 46 Old 06-09-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

Isn't it amazing how fast it seems in hindsight!

Yes!!!  And I finally feel like I look VERY pregnant.  (My husband promised to take photos for me, but missed the day, and needs reminding....)  Anyway, it is funny how fast it seems, now, to have gone; and is immensely exciting to see everyone nearing the end stage.  

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page