it's that time again...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mamas, we are moving into the last stretch before our babies come!! and i would love to know for sure when everyone is expecting their babe.

i know babies rarely come on their "edd," and sometimes come much sooner or later, but i thought it would be nice to see when mamas are expecting their little ones, so we have a clearer picture of when babies will start appearing.

my "edd" is 8-2-11.....and i tend to bake my babies at least a week longer then any due date i've incurred, but also have had many a dream and feeling that baby will come early. i think that is just me feeling the rush of all the things i want to have done before babe comes, but we'll see.

anyone else want to chime in?

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#2 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My due date is August 1, but I predict he will be born on August 6.

This is bad, but...my birthday is Pearl Harbor Day, mom's is September 11, and my stepdad's is 8/29 (the day Hurricane Katrina hit).  So I mentioned this to my boyfriend and he pointed out that Hiroshima was bombed on August 6.  In keeping with the theme of my family being born on Awful Days, that is my prediction.

I know, I'm morbid.

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#3 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 AM

My LO is due either Aug 25 (by u/s) or Aug 30 (by LMP) and August is just full of significant dates for me. Mine and my dad's birthday is Aug 13, SIL's birthday is Aug 23, sister's anniversary Aug 24 and our anniversary Aug 27. Then Sept 8 is the date that I immigrated to the US, so that's a significant date that is still in our birth window. I really hope this baby doesn't wait until September, but I know its very possible. Last year DS had me in labor all of Memorial Day and then was born the following day, and we've joked that this one will probably have me in labor during Labor Day. I think I'd rather be in labor on my birthday than have to wait until Labor Day. By LMP my "window" is Aug 8 through Sept 13 so there is no shortage of significant dates for this one to choose from.

DS was 40w and 6d, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything about when this little one makes their first appearance.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#4 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 AM

For me it's Aug 2nd by ovulation and Aug 1st by LMP (which is what my CPs are using). Not a huge difference so I have just been going along with the Aug 1st date. My mom's birthday is right within my window so her first grandchild could easily be born on her birthday orngbiggrin.gif However, I'd prefer it to come "early" just out of impatience. Trying not to get my hopes up though as I know it's not usual for the first to be born before the EDD. I haven't even been trying to feel into it because I figure it will come out when it's ready and that is that. I will go to at least 43 weeks if all is looking fine. Hope not to have to deal with that though.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#5 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My EDD is 8-7. I had two babies arrive at 38 weeks but my last one was almost 41 weeks. I'm prepping for end of July through middle of August with no expectations. After all last time I didn't expect to be pg a full two weeks longer then I had ever been pg before!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#6 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 05:06 AM

Oooh - can you start a list in the first post?  And then update it with the actual birthdays?  That would be cool to have!!!

My EDD is August 16th!  Smack in the middle!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My EDD is August 15th. I can't believe I only have 10 weeks left! I'm hoping to give birth August 14th, which is my grandmother's birthday.

#8 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 05:54 AM

My EDD is August 16th.  Both of my previous babies have come very late (3 weeks & 2.5 weeks late respectively.) So as much as I would LOVE to have this one close to my due date, I know better than to count on it!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#9 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 AM

My EDD is technically July 27, but I have always cooked babies for at least 10 days beyond the estimate.  I have always had a 'feeling' about August 2, which would be early for me, but I think well into the first week of August is more likely.  I'm just resigning myself to the idea of being pregnant for a while longer right now----we'll be ready with everything earlier, of course, just in case.  I wouldn't complain about a July baby!  orngbiggrin.gif

signcirc1.gif  winner.jpg    Jen  read.gif mom to three boys    jumpers.gif   and partner to malesling.GIF.   

#10 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

EDD Aug 7th! 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#11 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 AM

Aug 17 or 21, depending on which doctor you ask lol.  I always go 2+ weeks over...so it will probably actually be a September baby.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#12 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM

Mine is August 5th, but my midwife said most first timers go an average of 10 days late.  I'm hoping I do not go 10 days late because that's MIL's b-day.  While I love her, I don't want the baby sharing a b-day with a relative.  Selfish, but I want him/her to have it to him/herself (and of course all the strangers in the world born on the same day). :)

In my head I've head July 29th as the due date for no special reason.  I have no idea if the baby is a boy or a girl, but I feel like he/she will come on July 29 and will have a decent amount of hair.  We shall see...

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#13 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 AM

Im due 8/18. First baby was born at 39 weeks, 2nd baby at 40.3 weeks... I have a feeling this one will come early... Im gonna say 8/8 (that would be fun... my first ds is 10/10, and second is 12/8, so it would be kind of like their dates)

Lisa ~ Wife to Stephen caffix.gif (5/23/04) ~ Mama to Lincoln Barneswave.gif (10/10/07), Gabriel Normanbabyf.gif(12/8/09)  and Ella Louisette baby.gif(8/14/2011)~ CMP angel.gif (12/8/08 at 8.6 weeks).

#14 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 AM

My due date is 8/21. This is my first but from the beginning I have felt as if I will go over by at least 10 days. We will see soon enough though!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#15 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 AM

My due date is August 15th.  My boys were 2 and 3 weeks early, though, so we're preparing for an end of July baby.  Nate would like her to be born on his birthday, July 28th.  I think it would be nice if she waited until August 11th, which is Marc's grandmother's 93rd birthday.  (Not to mention that Nik is the only one in the house that doesn't have a July birthday.) 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#16 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM

My due date is August 30th by LMP. My birthday (I'll be 37!!!) is August 9th and my sweet little Bears 8th birthday is Sept. 10th. He was due August 28th, so......

I've never gone into labor earlier than my due dates...I'm usually a bit "late" and have nice big round happy babies (Take THAT midwife!!!) But...I'm having a girl this time, which defies all the norms of life, so...who knows??? I'm trying to be prepared for the unexpected as my nervous system isn't so hot with having the expected change. When we had our little Bear, I was S H O C K E D that my water broke. My water "never" breaks before crowning. or...at least, it never had before. So, I was shocked to have labor begin with my water breaking....I practically expected him to burst out in 5 minutes....But, it was more like 4 hours. 4 intense hours. I would have liked to be less shocked so that I could compose myself before the whirlwind that was his birth...so this time, I am expecting everything that IS a possibility within the realm of POSITIVE outcomes! (Trying very hard not to expect the negative...working against this fear mind is a constant effort...)

So, my water is allowed to break. I'm allowed to go into labor two weeks early or late. I'm allowed to have a long labor, or a short one. It can be easy or painful. I'm allowed to have a water birth, or an unexpected home birth, or a car birth...or a walking at night in a field birth...whatever! I'm allowed to have it! I am NOT allowed to have a trauma birth, a too much bleeding birth, a medicalized birth, an interfered with birth, an anxious birth, a loss of control birth...and especially not a stillbirth. Especially NOT an anything wrong with me or my baby girl birth. And...frankly...me not dying is high on that list too. I've already had my share of near death experiences. I'd be happy to pass up another no matter how amazing they are. humpf!

So....August 30th, or anywhere near there, HERE WE COME!!!!!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#17 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 AM

:::: Popping in here for the first time in forever shy.gif

My edd is August 3rd, but since I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I'm preparing myself that I will probably end up being induced before then.  I'm hopeful it will be August, but I'm wrapping my head around end of July, too (which I suppose has always been a possibility, lol, but I've gotten so used to calling her our "August Babe" that it is stuck in my mind)

I cannot believe the Summer is here already!  Just a few more months and our babies will be in our arms ...

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#18 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 AM

Hi Ladies!  Just a reminder that we do have a "Due Date Roster" here:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1283270/roll-call-and-due-date-roster-august-2011#post_16090015

You can find the link either in the posts, or in the gray/green box above our posts.  :)

Feel free to post at the end to add your info!  Or if I've missed you...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#19 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM

I thought we had one of those!!  Thanks, Maurine!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#20 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm due 8/25.

Dd1 was born at 38+6, dd2 at 40+6, dd3 at 35+4. We're expecting this little man somewhere between 36 and 37 weeks according to my ob. This is based on higher risk, and the fact that a good majority of patients on progesterone injections go into labor 7-10 days after their last shot (which for me is at 35 weeks) If I go later, that would be great! My bday is 8/11, and I'll be 38 weeks then.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#21 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 AM

I still check the DD Roster sometimes, it's very fun :)

I'm due August 6, which is Dusty's dad's birthday. I have always felt strongly about August 14th, though.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#22 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Due Aug. 18th!  But feeling like this baby will come early.  Really looking forward into going into labor on my own this time around!  I had to be induced last time due to really low fluid.  Actually really hoping this birth is different from my first.  No pushing for 3 hours please!!!  Also, hoping she stays in the oven til we get moved to our new house!

#23 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

With my DS my water broke the evening of my due date (right after I put my birthing necklace on for the first time), and he was born the next day. I'm not sure what to expect with this little one, early, late, or on time. DS must get his punctuality from DH. I'm constantly running around like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. 

#24 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Due Aug 23. DS1 was induced at 41+5, and my OB hinted that he would push induction around 41 weeks. Add to that that DH's vacation starts on Aug 14 and he's back in school Aug 31, and you understand that I am hoping this baby comes earlier rather than later. But anytime b/w Aug 14 and Aug 28 is fine with me.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#25 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

I'm due August 27th, and I'm expecting him to be born on the 27th-29th. My last two babies I started labor(2nd with water breaking, 3rd with contractions) overnight on my due date, and both were short labors born early morning of the day after their due date.

He CAN'T be too late because we literally have to move the day after he is born pretty much. We have to be in California by September 10th, so we only have about 2 weeks from my due date until we have to be there....

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#26 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM

EDD is August 2, and this is my first. I have no idea if I will go late or early, so I am just planning for any time in late july or early august.

#27 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM

I'm betting between mid-July and the first two days of August.  I'm due August 16, by LMP.  But I know, with twins, while it's perfectly possible to carry to 39 or 40 weeks, or even beyond, the average age at birth is 36 weeks, and many doctors prefer to induce if you reach 38 weeks.  Even if my new doctor doesn't do routine 38-week inductions*, or I'm not really cooperative, chances are still with an earlier birth.  In all likelihood - since things are going well, and all three of us have been thriving - delivering between mid-July and August 1st is most likely.  Earlier... say, from the first of July.... is quite possible. 

Like SoonToBe, I'm not too keen on my little ones sharing someone else's birthday - unless it's the one they're due on.  

In the time from 34 weeks to 40, we have:

July 4th, my SIL and a cousin's birthdays

July 11, my sister, who will have been here visiting and helping prepare, leaves

July 13, my BIL's birthday

July 15, my mother arrives

July 27th? My sister & BIL's anniversary.

July 31st, my mother and step-father's birthdays (same day, different year)

August 1, my mother has to leave - re: work event she can't get out of - but will return within a few days, if she hasn't been here at least a week post-birth, then

August 12-14 my father & his girlfriend, my sister and all her family, and possibly my brother.... all want to be arriving, for a week, each.  (I better have babies by then..... I can't seem to explain how the company that will be nice and helpful with even two-week-olds seems like it would be miserable and overwhelming heavily, anxiously pregnant, in labor and all present the day or two after birth.... or how stressful it would be if they all came to meet babies, and I somehow didn't have them....  Everyone's more worried about booking good hotel dates.... getting good rates.... having things planned.)   I'm glad they care.  Far better they are a little overeager than not interested!  It's just stressful.  

August 15th, our second anniversary  love.gif

August 16th, my grandmother's 84th birthday - and the twins' due date!

*I should know about that tomorrow, after my first visit.

I know we have a due date roster, but it's nice to hear when we ACTUALLY think our babies might come! 

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#28 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM

My EDD is August 1st, but I think the babe will come around August 5th. That also happens to be my Oma's birthday, and this is the first grandchild, so we'll see :)

#29 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're due August 4th, and I just want our little girl to come when she'll be most healthy. My in-laws are coming from Germany to see the baby, though, and they have to fly back on the 12th. It would be a bummer if they missed her, but I don't want any pressure on our girl (or my body) to go into labor earlier than ready.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#30 of 46 Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM

My EDD is July 28.  DD came at 41 weeks 5 days.  I feel like this baby will come sometime the 1st week in August.  However, DP said the other day that since we are expecting the baby the beginning of August he/she will probably come middle of July lol.gif.  DP would actually like for the baby to come around mid-July because his mom is hosting a family reunion that he would like for us to go to.  We'll see--if the baby is like 3-4 weeks I may be okay with traveling, younger probably not (its about an 8 hour drive to his parents').

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page