I know this is silly, but I want to double check... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Midwife pushed hard on my belly to feel for the baby's position yesterday.  It didn't really hurt except when she pushed down low near my pelvis where the baby is.  That can't hurt the baby right?  She was pushing around and you could see my belly move from side to side as she pushed one side of the baby and the other side popped out.  DH thought it looked gross and couldn't watch.  LOL.  I know this is stupid, but for some reason, I'm worried about her pushing on my little one so hard.  Dumb, right?

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Well, mine does the same thing, and he is fine, as far as I can tell!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM

Mine did the same as well, first pregnancy, really digging in there. But the MDs who've tried palpating are really really gentle. (No wonder they can't tell the butt from the head!)

Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yes, the baby is well protected! I can understand the worry though, with my first, before we had announced the pregnancy my niece jumped on my stomach and I was in the bathroom crying for an hour...we moms worry about these babes!! 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 06-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh and I wanted to add, I don't know about any of you but I'm nervous about pushing on the baby in any direction because I don't want him to get uncomfortable and flip! Am I the only crazy one? 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

Oh and I wanted to add, I don't know about any of you but I'm nervous about pushing on the baby in any direction because I don't want him to get uncomfortable and flip! Am I the only crazy one? 

No! I feel exactly the same way. Mine is a flipper anyway though. Been going to breech and back again every other day for annoyingly long now.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

User Tag List