Home stretch! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It may be a little early, but I am feeling very home-stretch-y!  I turned 34 weeks today, and got a few huge things off my to-do list.  Like, putting the crib back together!  And washing/organanizing/putting away newborn clothes!  Oh, how super fun that was :)  I still have to buy some stuff, and clean out my closet, and get all the birth supplies organized and in one place.  But those are minor projects compared to what we got done today.  Holy cow, a BABY is coming!!

Emotionally?  I am ready!  I am so in love and not scared at ALL like I was when I was pregnant with DS.  Each day that I am taking care of DS and the house, and all the regular stuff, I just think to myself "I can totally do this with a baby in a sling!".  Maybe I'm being naive, I get it, but I really can't wait. 

Right now, my only wish is that I could enjoy this part of pregnancy a little bit more.  I am feeling really uncomfortable; insomnia has set it; I feel like a whale.  I really try to cherish my belly and this time with my babe, and enjoy not being up with a fussy baby all night, but honestly?  I want to not be pregnant.  Blah blah blah, it's all worth it :) :)

SO LADIES!!  We are in the HOME STRETCH!! 

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#2 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 07:51 PM

I am almost glad that I'm at the end of August, instead of the beginning.  I can't wait to see all of your sweet little babies!  It will help me to focus in the last few weeks.  I'm avoiding my to-do list entirely until after 35 weeks, lest I drive myself batty with birth supplies and laundered clothes taunting me that I'm *still* not in labor.  I can't wait to get started though, I feel the list just loooooooooming.

Glad that you're feeling positive Copper!  And hooray for getting things off of that pesky to do list!!  And us late August ladies are fully expecting lots of photos of sweet, squishy newborns orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#3 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM

I'm really ready for this to be over, but it's probably good I only 31 weeks, because I have not been working on my list very much!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#4 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm not ready in any way!! I still have little to no clothing...no jammies which we all know is a staple...I've got diapers, so I guess that's good. The baby's closet is stuffed full of crap, none of it baby related... I'm just stressed and tired and I feel stretched as it is! I'm nervous to breastfeed which has come way out of left field as I've done it three times and consider myself somewhat of a pro at this point! I think I'm nervous that I'm going to struggle emotionally and I know how emotional breastfeeding always is for me. I know I'll be excited eventually and I pray it's soon!! I've also been bleeding off and on along with other pregnancy stresses so I will be glad when the baby is out and safe, as I'm sure we all feel that way! 

ETA I don't think you're being naive at all about going from 1-2...that was a breeze for me, in fact the hardest transition for me was going from 0-1 ! 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#5 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 PM

I am 30 weeks, due Aug 31st...so barely made it in this group =)

I honestly have so much going on that I want my baby to come After the due date...I am sure I will feel differently when the time comes ;)  But I literally have a class that ends on my due date.

I am so excited about this baby and the whole birthing process, and breastfeeding again! After the baby shower we plan to start to organize the room better (Our new baby boy will be sharing with his older Sister) and actually set things up for his arrival. 

I feel great being 30 weeks and cannot wait to be even further along.  Even though I realize it is getting more and more uncomfortable!

Cheers to us Mommies!

#6 of 60 Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 PM

I'll be 34 weeks on Monday and I totally understand the "home stretch" feeling. I'm still really enjoying my pregnancy, and now that I truly look pregnant (I seriously didn't look pregnant until about 29 weeks) it's even better :)

One of my friends from another online forum is in labor right now, which is sort of weirding me out because she's 6 weeks before me. Which means in 6 weeks it will be MY TURN and I'll actually be having a baby!! I totally waver between "yes, I am totally ready" and "wait... what? I'm having a baby in a few weeks?"

#7 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 AM

Shhhhhh, I'm trying to forget!  I have too much to do and not enough time to do it all in.  :-)

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and considering my blood pressure issues and the fact that both of my boys were born early (at 38 and then 37 weeks) I likely have only 5 or 6 weeks left.  I start back to homeschooling tomorrow, and it will be my first time with two students so I'm a little apprehensive about how I'm going to make it all work.  I want to get studio pictures of the boys taken before the baby arrives, too.  First we have to manage to get their hair cut, which has become such a major challenge with my 5-year-old that he'll be going for his very first salon cut.  (Daddy refuses to ever buzz his hair again after last week's fiasco.)  I have snaps to put on all but 9 of my newborn diapers, plus almost all of the smalls to sew still.  I have Father's Day, a graduation party, my baby shower, Nate's birthday party to plan and throw, Marc's birthday, my birthday, the newest Harry Potter movie to see, weekly midwife appointments (due to BP), twice weekly soccer games for the boys, and who knows what other events to manage on top of the daily stuff, between now and my due date. 

We did install the carseat yesterday to make sure we can manage with just the one vehicle.  We were going to need time to car shop (which would be a huge strain on the budget) if we couldn't make the Radian65 fit in between the boys' seats.  Thankfully it fits fine, we just need to make sure we get it properly reclined.  (Any hints on how to do that when the seat doesn't have the handy level thing?)  I still have the baby laundry to do, too, but I enjoy that!  So baby-wise I'm pretty much set (eta~I forgot about my birth plan! I guess I need to work on that right away.)......it's just all that other stuff I'm not prepared to do while huge and pregnant! 

I guess I should get up and get to work now that I've been reminded how little time I have.  lol.gif

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#8 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 AM

I'm so ready too!! Though, I'm only 31+5 today.  I'm really trying NOT to jump the gun on things so that I don't have BABY STUFF ready and staring at me, taunting me for the next 8 weeks til he is due.  I want to so badly though!  

Most of my stuff is crossed off my list, but I still need to wash his clothes and get all that little stuff ready.  Most of it is here, just not organized.

The one thing that I've really been putting off is finding all my pump parts.  I know I'm going to need it but I just dont feel like searching for all the bits and pieces!  I guess I should probably just bite the bullet, and also buy new membranes sooner than later...

I agree with all the sentiments that I wish I were enjoying this stage more, considering it is most likely our last, but more and more I just find myself thanking the gods that this is THE LAST TIME i'll have to go through this!!  I feel so done physically.  Of course mentally I'm fine and enjoying growing this boy for the remainder, and I'm so happy everything looks good!  It's definitely worth it and will seem like a blip in time once it is all over.  So, I'm just trying not to complain out loud too much or be a debbie downer IRL. But I think I have I'M DONE written across my face at times, lol.

I will definitely breathe easier when baby is out and safe and healthy.  Right now, knowing he's ok is very reassuring.  I still have a bunch of fears I need to work thru!!  I just can't wait to catch him and bring him to my chest and know he is ok -- safe and sound!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 AM

It's funny, but I just feel good right now.

My skin is almost completely clear. All the spots that were so bad are totally normal skin again. I think it's just my right forearm and my inner thighs that have any remnants, but they're no more itchy than the rest of me (I tend to be pretty dry, so I itch)

I can wear my ring again :) I had to stop because of the rash between my fingers, but ha! I have it back!

I have most of my baby stuff. My friend gave me TONS of clothes, diaper covers, a swing and her Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. Just need a few more blankets, the car seat, really. Not much more than that. And I've not paid for anything yet :D

Minus the times when he doesn't allow me to both lay down and breathe and the pubic bone pain, I have no complaints. I love having this little guy in me. He's very fun. Looking forward to meet him, but quite content to wait. You know, all 7 weeks. Or so. I guess I should be planning more for 42 weeks since it's my first? So that'd be 9. Eh :)

I keep measuring him with my hands, though, and I think he might be born at 4'11", 42lbs..

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#10 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM

I can't believe that in 2 weeks to 6 weeks I will have a baby. I am NOT prepared. At least, not today. I did just pick up some more shirts I can nurse in, but I feel like puking when I think of all the rest of the stuff I want to do. So much. Kind of freaking out. And still not certain whether I'm transferring to a new prenatal/labor provider or not (that one is causing me the most stress).

#11 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 11:12 AM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#12 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so jealous of those of you who are feeling so good, lol!  I keep wondering how people get to pregnancy #6, when I feel like my body is breaking with #3!!  And I was in really good physical shape when I got pregnant.  Sheesh, I feel like a huge wimp. 

Off to take some more tums and flop over the birthing ball.....

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#13 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM

I'm only 30 weeks, but sooooo ready too! I am feeling home-stretchy with everything now! DH comes home from Iraq VERY soon! biggrinbounce.gif Then we have vacation coming up in July, then due date at the end of August, then we are moving to California! Everything seems to be coming up fast. I have everything we need for the baby, but I can't really get anything ready since we will be moving. We won't have a house when he comes, and we will be living out of a hotel. I have the pack n play ready, clothes, breast pump, travel swing, car seat, and wraps, so that's about all we need.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#14 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Not feeling good here. I'm 33 weeks and just so tired, have so much to do all the time, it seems like the to-do list never shrinks. The girls came at 38 weeks, DS 41, so I am just going to be ready to go right at 37 weeks. DH has to be gone the entire week when I am 36 weeks AND my parents are gone then as well, baby better stay put then. I alternate between wanting baby OUT, everything hurts and then not wanting baby out. I echo whoever said that they feel like their body is breaking. This is #4, every pg gets harder and harder., thank goodness I know I am done this time. Newborns are so sweet but man, it is a lot of work. I'm sure baby will be dragged all over he area and back from a couple days on, that part I am not looking forward to. Having a baby, and then having to resume normal life right away away. Kids have to be fed, driven to school, life just goes on. 

I;ve been getting everything ready in the house except the baby's actual stuff. We are switching bedrooms around for various kids so I've been going through all kinds of crap/stuff. I'm cleaning out old baby stuff in my closet that I've had stored meaning to sell. It is all things I ended not using with other children but are valuable so I just didn't want to give them away but now I am. I'm over keeping them for the day to come where I have the time and motivation to list them somewhere. Once I have the house in order then maybe I'll start bringing in baby stuff from the shed, carseat, bouncy, swing, etc...

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#15 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM

It gets worse with each baby?  That puts another point in the "one baby" basket.  Hubby wants another, but I dunno...

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#16 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 07:53 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#17 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm more than willing to let this go on for an extra couple of months. I'm so not ready to have this baby yet. Emotionally, yes. But we have NOTHING to take care of it. No diapers, no clothes... Well we have 4 onsies that we got from my MIL. I still need to get rings for my sling(s). I haven't even made a formal list yet. 

I really wish I could have had my baby shower earlier... I still don't know when that's going to be, and I don't know when or how I'm going to be able to talk to my MIL about it. The pregnancy is going by so fast, I just don't feel like I have time to get ready for the baby and do school and everything. 

I'm due either finals week or the week before, I can't remember. So I might be taking my final with a baby in a carrier. I don't want to, but I'm going to have to do what needs to be done I guess. 

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#18 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Man I have to say, you mamas who are in school, working full time jobs, or have other LOs to look after, you AMAZE me! You are all superheros in my eyes!

Blah, I am SO not ready for this (stuff wise)! We dont have a lot of the things that I think we will need right away, which is stressing me out. I don't even have a designated "baby space" set up yet (we don't have a room for a nursery, our upstairs is one big open room that we have split into "spaces"). DH assures me we will get everything we need before the baby comes, I am going to be 34 weeks tomorrow, so I am seeing the end of the tunnel coming really fast!

Emotionally I am much more at peace with the fact that we will have another human being with us soon, and I am starting to look forward to having her in my arms :) DH is also starting to say everyday how much he wishes she was out of the belly so he could hold her.

Physically, I am SO excited to have my body back! I am ready to not be pregnant anymore, ready to enjoy sex, exercise as hard as I want, have a beer!, sleep on my stomach, loose this extra weight!

#19 of 60 Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Physically, I am SO excited to have my body back! I am ready to not be pregnant anymore, ready to enjoy sex, exercise as hard as I want, have a beer!, sleep on my stomach, loose this extra weight!

Ditto, except the stomach sleeping.  I get plugged ducts unless I'm careful, and stomach sleeping (aka, pancake boob sleeping) can lead to lead to plugged ducts and reduction in supply.  None of which I knew when I FINALLY got to sleep on my stomach after DS was born.  I was so elated, only to find out a few days later that it was not to be.  It's probably why I slept so good between weeks 12 and 18...  No milk to worry about, baby still safely tucked in the tummy...  AHHHHHH.

But I can't wait to go for a good, hard run.  One where I am gasping and pouring sweat and feel like I'm going to fall over!  With no worries of any little person that will be affected!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#20 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Ditto, except the stomach sleeping.  I get plugged ducts unless I'm careful, and stomach sleeping (aka, pancake boob sleeping) can lead to lead to plugged ducts and reduction in supply.  None of which I knew when I FINALLY got to sleep on my stomach after DS was born.  I was so elated, only to find out a few days later that it was not to be.  It's probably why I slept so good between weeks 12 and 18...  No milk to worry about, baby still safely tucked in the tummy...  AHHHHHH.

*Long, dramatic "Noooooooooo"*  I still manage to sleep on my stomach occasionally. Clever use of pillows is a must. Going to have to get rid of all the pillows on the bed when the babe gets here though.

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#21 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

yeahthat.gif to all of the above!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

But I can't wait to go for a good, hard run.  One where I am gasping and pouring sweat and feel like I'm going to fall over!  With no worries of any little person that will be affected!!

Especially that!!!

I'm ready to be able to run more than one short errand at a time before getting winded and wanting a nap.  I find just going to Target with DD is exhausting!!  Even if it's just for a few things!!  By the time I get back in the car, I'm fried.  She wants to go to the park or get ices after lunch?  Tough, kid.  We're going home to rest.  I really don't like that.  I know it'll be a circus with two kids, but I'm actually feeling more up to that challenge than I ever was, if only to have my body back to myself!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#22 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM

34 weeks tomorrow and I really can freak myself out by telling myself that I'll be at term in 3 weeks.  Wow, a baby in 3 weeks?  Really?!  (But, it's my first so I'll probably go the full 7 weeks or longer...)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#23 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 AM

- Buddha
#24 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Hello Everyone! I've hardly posted on here as I was working at a very time consuming freelance gig for 3 months, which is now over. But every so often I'd check in and get valuable information from your posts, i.e. about baby carriers, various pregnancy symptoms, etc.

I am 32 weeks, and expecting my first (and only) baby. I feel fine overall, but occasionally have moments of disbelief...in a couple of months there will be a new being in my husband's and my life! There is a lot of transition going on, i.e. with job and a move across the country (a few months after the baby is born). Sometimes I wish I didn't have those other concerns, but that said, all is manageable and I've got a solid support system...

Anyway, I'll probably be posting more in the coming weeks. My best to everyone.

#25 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irene Roxy View Post

Hello Everyone! I've hardly posted on here as I was working at a very time consuming freelance gig for 3 months, which is now over. But every so often I'd check in and get valuable information from your posts, i.e. about baby carriers, various pregnancy symptoms, etc.

I am 32 weeks, and expecting my first (and only) baby. I feel fine overall, but occasionally have moments of disbelief...in a couple of months there will be a new being in my husband's and my life! There is a lot of transition going on, i.e. with job and a move across the country (a few months after the baby is born). Sometimes I wish I didn't have those other concerns, but that said, all is manageable and I've got a solid support system...

Anyway, I'll probably be posting more in the coming weeks. My best to everyone.

Irene, welcome back to posting!

I'm 32w 1d and can't believe it either! Just thinking about it makes me want to go back to bed....zzzzz...

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#26 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM

With as miserable as I am, this has been my very best pregnancy out of all of them.  So I am trying to enjoy it instead of waiting impatiently for it to end.  The no hyperemesis makes all the difference in the world apparently and a pregnancy can be actually somewhat pleasant with out it.  I usually go 2-3 weeks late, so chances are I have a long ways to go yet anyways.  And since nothing is decided for sure and I have nothing ready...I kind of hope I stick to my going overdue pattern.  Might give me some much needed time to get everything in order.

I do know what diapers I want and from where, so that would take a very short amount of time to order online.  I have some clothes and a car seat, and other than that babies don't really need anything else.  Or at least I am telling myself that for now to feel better about not having anything. :-/  As always I have been a nesting fool, so at least the place is neurotically clean.  That's something I guess.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#27 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM

Would they not give you an extension if you had the baby first?  Just to give you a little time to recover...  I know we were able to get them for good reason in undergrad and grad school.  Unless you don't want one, I can totally understand wanting to just get that finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

I'm more than willing to let this go on for an extra couple of months. I'm so not ready to have this baby yet. Emotionally, yes. But we have NOTHING to take care of it. No diapers, no clothes... Well we have 4 onsies that we got from my MIL. I still need to get rings for my sling(s). I haven't even made a formal list yet. 

I really wish I could have had my baby shower earlier... I still don't know when that's going to be, and I don't know when or how I'm going to be able to talk to my MIL about it. The pregnancy is going by so fast, I just don't feel like I have time to get ready for the baby and do school and everything. 

I'm due either finals week or the week before, I can't remember. So I might be taking my final with a baby in a carrier. I don't want to, but I'm going to have to do what needs to be done I guess. 

First time mama!  belly.gif
#28 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 AM

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and I kinda can't wait to get this show on the road!  I hoping it leads us to a few changes for the better in the months to come...  Not necessarily baby related (that is going to be an awesome change, period) but I feel like it will be a good time to make some moves ;-)

Good luck to us all, finding the space we need to store all the little people clothes!!!!!

First time mama!  belly.gif
#29 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

As always I have been a nesting fool, so at least the place is neurotically clean.  That's something I guess.

That's absolutely something!  I still haven't tackled anything on my list, and my house is nowhere near neurotically clean.  It's more like neurotically messy!  I reeeeeally want to get started on my list, but I'm also a "don't count your chickens" kind of girl.  I get paralyzed by fear if I do things too early.  So I'm waiting 5 more weeks, and then I'll start going crazy on that list.

#30 of 60 Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Today, the 8 weeks I have left feels more like 8 years!!!  dizzy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page