Living on the edge of my emotions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#32 of 45 Old 06-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

You're welcome, yes, please hold off.  It's too graphic and does involve terrible things and children.  And more Terrible Things.

Same here!

I have to add one.  I didn't cry at the time but I cried thinking about it today.  My MIL made an offhand comment on Father's day and it didn't bother me then but it does now.  She said, "I know you're miserable and ready to be done, but I'm not going to wish away the summer."

Well, poop.  Thanks for being excited about the baby coming, you know?  Geez.

How funny! (As in odd) I've had several people say that to me lately, exactly that. "Oh, well you're not wishing away my summer." Yeah. If only I had the power. mischievous.gif

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#33 of 45 Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM

I was watching TV last night and laughing so hard I cried. Like actually started crying, what the heck? It's like my emotions got really confused there for a minute!

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#34 of 45 Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post

I was watching TV last night and laughing so hard I cried. Like actually started crying, what the heck? It's like my emotions got really confused there for a minute!

I cry when I read http://damnyouautocorrect.com/.  It's like one minute I am laughing, and then crying!  (Um, I just looked and the ones from today aren't that funny...) 

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#35 of 45 Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Ok, I just about peed from laughing so hard at that link.  biglaugh.gif  I can't imagine what the ones that are actually funny are like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

I cry when I read http://damnyouautocorrect.com/.  It's like one minute I am laughing, and then crying!  (Um, I just looked and the ones from today aren't that funny...) 

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#36 of 45 Old 06-24-2011, 04:36 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#37 of 45 Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 AM

Well I had my moment today. 

Dh was laying in bed with me, and I had a hot wash cloth on my back for a heating pad type thing. It was wrapped in another towel. Well he reached over to touch me, and knocked it off where I had it. The really hot wash cloth fell out and kinda burnt me. I sit up, semi yell at him and start bawling. Then I make him go and reheat it. 

So not like me. I didn't even ask him to do it, just told him. I felt bad, so I cried more. All while laughing at myself because I know I'm crying for no reason. 

I just came upstairs from apologizing to him for it and figured I'd share with you ladies. 

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#38 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

I cried this morning when the Today show told me the NY just legalized gay marriage.  I mean, HOORAY!!...but definitely not something I'd well up over normally.  :)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#39 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM

I teared up/choked up at the children's museum yesteraday.  The look on DD's face when she saw Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat just did me in.  I had to compose myself!

I also cried at lunch when DH said he didn't want dessert.  I was so angry with him for being a grump.  I had put on my game face the whole day to and in the city, and I could have been a total whiny bitch but I wasn't.  I was really trying hard to enjoy myself.  And we *always* get dessert b/c it's hard being vegan and going out to eat around our town, there's never anything to get.  We have to make everything ourselves.  A nice vegan restaurant is such a treat!  And they had a case full of desserts!  I told him it really pissed me off, and once I showed that bit of emotion, the tears started and I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom.  Sigh.  It shouldn't have been *that* upsetting.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#40 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 AM

I told mine last night that I didn't know if he'd be an interactive dad when the baby comes because he wouldn't come look at my belly when the baby went crazy last night. >< He said he'd be more excited when the baby came out and I said I just couldn't know that.

And I hate to go to sleep cranky, so we kept talking and he said something and I said he'd be a great dad. And he said that I'd said the above and I said, "Yeah. That wasn't very nice. I meant it, then, though!" :P

Soon, right? Sanity returns soon?

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#41 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 AM

I normally hate how emotionally manipulative ASPCA ads are, but I can't take them right now!  I have four cats!  Stop showing me sick puppies!  I am doing my part.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#42 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I teared up/choked up at the children's museum yesteraday.  The look on DD's face when she saw Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat just did me in.  I had to compose myself!

I also cried at lunch when DH said he didn't want dessert.  I was so angry with him for being a grump.  I had put on my game face the whole day to and in the city, and I could have been a total whiny bitch but I wasn't.  I was really trying hard to enjoy myself.  And we *always* get dessert b/c it's hard being vegan and going out to eat around our town, there's never anything to get.  We have to make everything ourselves.  A nice vegan restaurant is such a treat!  And they had a case full of desserts!  I told him it really pissed me off, and once I showed that bit of emotion, the tears started and I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom.  Sigh.  It shouldn't have been *that* upsetting.

Dessert is NEVER something to take lightly. Just in case you get a spur of energy, here's my fav vegan dessert recipe to cheer you up!

Vegan Chocolate Silk Pie

Crust (you could also cheat and buy a pre-made one)

• crush 1 pkg vegan graham crackers
  • melt 2-4 Tb Earth Balance and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
  • press mixture into pie pan. add more melted EB if it's too dry
  • bake 350 until golden, usually about 10 minutes

Filling

• chop and then melt 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate in micro
  • in blender, mix 1 pkg silken tofu, 1/3 c agave or honey, 1/2 c your fav jam (I use blackberry), 1 tsp vanilla
  • add melted chocolate to blender

Pour filling into crust and refrigerate overnight.

It's the best dessert ever! And, sometimes I'm too lazy to even buy a crust, so I just make the filling and eat it like chocolate mousse!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#43 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh wow, that pie sounds amazing!

I had such a hard time holding back tears at our most recent childbirth class.  They showed birth videos.  I just can't watch those without getting emotional!

Then it turned to anger (and embarrassment) because my boyfriend made a quite audible sound of disgust during one of the videos.  He is easily grossed out by anything involving blood or other bodily fluids - even, you know, the miracle of life. 

We were supposed to discuss the video with our partners afterward, and I turned to him and said "You need to get over your squeamishness or you are BANNED FROM THE BIRTH."

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#44 of 45 Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Dessert is NEVER something to take lightly. Just in case you get a spur of energy, here's my fav vegan dessert recipe to cheer you up!

Vegan Chocolate Silk Pie

Crust (you could also cheat and buy a pre-made one)

• crush 1 pkg vegan graham crackers
  • melt 2-4 Tb Earth Balance and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
  • press mixture into pie pan. add more melted EB if it's too dry
  • bake 350 until golden, usually about 10 minutes

Filling

• chop and then melt 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate in micro
  • in blender, mix 1 pkg silken tofu, 1/3 c agave or honey, 1/2 c your fav jam (I use blackberry), 1 tsp vanilla
  • add melted chocolate to blender

Pour filling into crust and refrigerate overnight.

It's the best dessert ever! And, sometimes I'm too lazy to even buy a crust, so I just make the filling and eat it like chocolate mousse!

Oh yum!!!  Thank you for this recipe!  I will make it and eat it with a spoon.  Sheepish.gif

And, FTR, I DID get dessert - vegan coconut cream pie - and it was amazing!!  And then I ate what was left of DD's carrot cupcake.  Hmph.  Take that, stick-in-the-mud-DH.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#45 of 45 Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

Then it turned to anger (and embarrassment) because my boyfriend made a quite audible sound of disgust during one of the videos.  He is easily grossed out by anything involving blood or other bodily fluids - even, you know, the miracle of life. 

Oh grr. How irritating. My DH is definitely squeamish about birth videos, so I don't usually make him watch them unless there is a specific thing I want to point out. But I have faith that he will be ok at the actual birth because he always comes through for me when I really need his support. I don't mind if he thinks it's gross, he's just not allowed to make a big deal about it!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page