Living on the edge of my emotions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
 
Maurine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I swear this is worse than first trimester!  I was in Panera today and dropped my salad on the floor.  They quickly made me a new one but not before I totally cried.  Then of course that gets me more attention, making the emotions all the worse.  I cry at anything now!  Anyone else struggling to keep the tears from flowing?


#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Maurine is offline  
#2 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
 
ursusarctos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It depends on the day. Some days, yeah, especially if I think about something heartwarming. Weird for me, I am not a crier normally.


Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

ursusarctos is offline  
#3 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
 
kylaskye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa/Nebraska
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have noticed my temper is a lot shorter lately. Still crying for stupid things, that never stopped.


-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

 homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

kylaskye is offline  
#4 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I find myself breaking into tears when DD does things.  That never used to happen, but now it's like when she misbehaves my feelings get hurt.  WTH is that about??  I find that in order to really be a good parent, sometimes I have to remove myself (or her) physically from the situation, cry, and then regroup and go back to it.  Sigh.

 

I'm sorry about your salad, though, I would probably have cried over that too.  I've cried over far less.  


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#5 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Tamera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh this morning I asked my husband if he could feed our 19 month old DD some yogurt and he said "I can either do this here or I can go to school." (he was writing an essay that's due in his history class today). I cried for like 10 minutes. I also cried watching a Duggar special about their first grandson. There was a part where Anna (their daughter in law) was in labor and holding her 1 year old DD with misty eyes saying "Did you sleep good? Mommy is having her baby now." That really got me!


Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

Tamera is offline  
#6 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamera View Post There was a part where Anna (their daughter in law) was in labor and holding her 1 year old DD with misty eyes saying "Did you sleep good? Mommy is having her baby now." That really got me!


AWWW!!! happytears.gif


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#7 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 PM
 
SoonToBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

I swear this is worse than first trimester!  I was in Panera today and dropped my salad on the floor.  They quickly made me a new one but not before I totally cried.  Then of course that gets me more attention, making the emotions all the worse.  I cry at anything now!  Anyone else struggling to keep the tears from flowing?



Is it bad that I think that's kinda cute?  Sorry you had a rough day.  Hugs.


Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

SoonToBe is offline  
#8 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
 
kristandthekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
kristandthekids is offline  
#9 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 05:33 PM
 
*Jessica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,941
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I seem to cry all of the time lately, but for me the worst part is the short temper.  So I'm either sad and crying, or cranky and snapping at everyone.  I'm not so much fun to be around these days.


Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

*Jessica* is offline  
#10 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 05:39 PM
 
greencarnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been snapping at my husband for the last week or so.  I just get so angry and frustrated over nothing!


Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!
 
  bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!
 

greencarnation is offline  
#11 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
 
clovermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same here! I literally had to just grab any card for my Dad for Father's Day and run out of Target because when I started to actually read any of them I was bawling. My other children are watching me wipe tears away like "WTH is wrong with Mom?" And I've been totally impatient with them :( Jessica, I agree, I'm not much fun either. Well I am happy at the end of the day when the kids are asleep and I have my massive bowl of ice cream sitting on my belly :)


SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
clovermom is offline  
#12 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 PM
 
karalynnskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I too have cried more the last couple weeks than I have this whole pregnancy. TV commercials even have me breaking down. Sorry about your salad, I would have cried too. DH took me to get ice cream the other day and I ordered a butter pecan sundae. They forgot the pecans and I seriously cried the whole time I ate my ice cream. It was embarrassing, so then I cried more because I felt stupid. DH just stared at me like he had no idea how to help the crazy pregnant lady.. Its funny now that I look back at it. Hopefully everyone's emotions will calm down soon!


Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
karalynnskies is offline  
#13 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 06:23 PM
 
cat13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I too have cried more the last couple weeks than I have this whole pregnancy. TV commercials even have me breaking down. Sorry about your salad, I would have cried too. DH took me to get ice cream the other day and I ordered a butter pecan sundae. They forgot the pecans and I seriously cried the whole time I ate my ice cream. It was embarrassing, so then I cried more because I felt stupid. DH just stared at me like he had no idea how to help the crazy pregnant lady.. Its funny now that I look back at it. Hopefully everyone's emotions will calm down soon!

 

I think I'm going to cry right now if I don't get a sundae  bawling.gif
 

 


Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

cat13 is offline  
#14 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 06:34 PM
 
Danielle283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

I seem to cry all of the time lately, but for me the worst part is the short temper.  So I'm either sad and crying, or cranky and snapping at everyone.  I'm not so much fun to be around these days.



Yep, this is me too! DH will be home from deployment soon and has no idea what he's going to be dealing with! lol.gif


Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

Danielle283 is offline  
#15 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I lost my mind and watched the video for "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride. Oh yes, I should watch something about child abuse and murder. Greeeaaat plan. :P


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#16 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I lost my mind and watched the video for "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride. Oh yes, I should watch something about child abuse and murder. Greeeaaat plan. :P



Dude.  We watched Shutter Island the other night.  I had NO IDEA what it was going to involve and I was slightly traumatized. I was bawling and went in to hug Nora even though she was fast asleep.  I just kept having awful thoughts all night.  Even now thinking about it.  A pox on that movie!! 

 

(I'm not mentioning what was so sad b/c I want to spare you all from the distress.  But if you've seen the movie...you know what I mean.)

 

mecry.gif


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#17 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Italiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yup, same here.  I'm a crier.  Sigh.  I remember that I had to stop watching Grey's Anatomy when I was pregnant with DS...  It got to be too much.

 

I think, more than anything though, I'm the angry pregnant lady.  We were at the park the other day and the ice cream truck pulled up -- and just sat there (for almost 4 minutes) with robotic twinkle twinkle little star playing OVER and OVER.  Clearly no one at the park wanted ice cream.  I was just seething, and I finally went over there and snapped at the guy, "NO ONE IS GETTING ICE CREAM, YOU CAN SIT HERE, BUT TURN OFF THE MUSIC."

 

He left.

 

And I felt like a crazy pregnant lady.


Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

 

 

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Italiamom is offline  
#18 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 08:50 PM
 
karalynnskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been watching Grey's anatomy on netflix lately and I do believe I have cried the last several episodes. That show will get you every time. I love it though and I can't stop watching!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Yup, same here.  I'm a crier.  Sigh.  I remember that I had to stop watching Grey's Anatomy when I was pregnant with DS...  It got to be too much.

 

I think, more than anything though, I'm the angry pregnant lady.  We were at the park the other day and the ice cream truck pulled up -- and just sat there (for almost 4 minutes) with robotic twinkle twinkle little star playing OVER and OVER.  Clearly no one at the park wanted ice cream.  I was just seething, and I finally went over there and snapped at the guy, "NO ONE IS GETTING ICE CREAM, YOU CAN SIT HERE, BUT TURN OFF THE MUSIC."

 

He left.

 

And I felt like a crazy pregnant lady.



 


Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
karalynnskies is offline  
#19 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Yup, same here.  I'm a crier.  Sigh.  I remember that I had to stop watching Grey's Anatomy when I was pregnant with DS...  It got to be too much.

 

I think, more than anything though, I'm the angry pregnant lady.  We were at the park the other day and the ice cream truck pulled up -- and just sat there (for almost 4 minutes) with robotic twinkle twinkle little star playing OVER and OVER.  Clearly no one at the park wanted ice cream.  I was just seething, and I finally went over there and snapped at the guy, "NO ONE IS GETTING ICE CREAM, YOU CAN SIT HERE, BUT TURN OFF THE MUSIC."

 

He left.

 

And I felt like a crazy pregnant lady.

 

Well, I'm sure you are a crazy pregnant lady.

 

But I bet people appreciated the quiet! :)
 

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#20 of 45 Old 06-21-2011, 11:16 PM
 
frankenstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I totally cried while watching that episode of 19 kids and counting too! I had a huge breakdown the other day because my cat's catfood is getting ridiculously expensive, and we are kinds broke this week, so I had to buy him a cheap bag of food, and I just felt like a terrible person, and I kept thinking "The cat doesn't know that he's getting cheap food, but our kid will know if we can't afford to buy him what he needs!" I knew the whole time that I was being completely unrealistic, but I am struggling so hard with DH not having a job right now, so little things like that make me burst into tears. But, he had sort of an interview this week, he had to go take a pre-employment test, and we should hear from that soon, I really hope he gets something soon, but we're trying to stay hopeful :D


Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
frankenstella is offline  
#21 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 12:07 AM
 
Italiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamera View Post

I also cried watching a Duggar special about their first grandson. There was a part where Anna (their daughter in law) was in labor and holding her 1 year old DD with misty eyes saying "Did you sleep good? Mommy is having her baby now." That really got me!


I had to go download this on iTunes.  And you're right, the moment is a real tear jerker!!  I just welled up thinking about DS and the birth here in just a few short months.  Eeep! 

 


Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

 

 

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Italiamom is offline  
#22 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
 
Maurine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I lost my mind and watched the video for "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride. Oh yes, I should watch something about child abuse and murder. Greeeaaat plan. :P


Aw...I watched the first 30 minutes of "Black Swan" and had to leave the room.  I told DH he could finish it.  I am just so sensitive!  And I am still disturbed by it now.  (But at least it didn't involve children.)



Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Is it bad that I think that's kinda cute?  Sorry you had a rough day.  Hugs.



I guess it is sort of cute.  :)  I find some of the stories posted here cute, and the people in Panera thought it was cute (or at least, gave me a lot of pity...someone even said emotions are worse if it's a boy!).  I think maybe our hormones are not only roiling around because we're creating life, but also to make sure we don't put ourselves in any extreme situations (if we can help it).  In a perfect world, making a nest is about all we should be worried about right now.  But of course, in this modern world, we are exposed to a lot more stimulation!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I too have cried more the last couple weeks than I have this whole pregnancy. TV commercials even have me breaking down. Sorry about your salad, I would have cried too. DH took me to get ice cream the other day and I ordered a butter pecan sundae. They forgot the pecans and I seriously cried the whole time I ate my ice cream. It was embarrassing, so then I cried more because I felt stupid. DH just stared at me like he had no idea how to help the crazy pregnant lady.. Its funny now that I look back at it. Hopefully everyone's emotions will calm down soon!



Just reading about you sitting there crying about the sundae made me well up!  I guess food is pretty important to me right now....  :)

 

 

 


#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Maurine is offline  
#23 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 AM
 
Agatha_Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just came here to start a thread about how I am crying too much! My FIL came over yesterday and one of our dogs walked up to him. He said something about him being useless and he should be working with the others. I said, well he is ten years old and his only job now is to take care of me and the kids. Then he said, "Ten! Well that's good news, means he'll die soon!"

 

jaw.gif mecry.gif

 

This dog has been in my life since before I even had children! He is my baby and my best buddy. I could not believe he would say that to me. That's how FIL is though, a dog is for work and thats it. Anyway, I know that is a legitimate reason to be upset, but I seriously cried for HOURS and then started again when DH got home and I told him. Ugh. It is one thing to be an insensitive jerk, but to a pregnant lady? Come on!

Agatha_Ann is offline  
#24 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
 
RubyLu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yep. I recently cried because my house is unorganized and I feel like I can't get a handle on it. I cried a few days ago when my DD splashed water outside the tub by accident. But it wasn't until I cried at a Stak Trek:TNG re-run that I realized this wasn't normal crying, this was crazy pregnancy crying. I've since decided to only watch comedies, ask my for DH's help in cleaning the house, and will surround the tub with layers of towels. Just in an attempt to reduce the madness.

 

(Also, I'm glad for the heads-up about Shudder Island. The previews looked terrifying but I was kinda wondering if I could make it through. I'm not even going to try it now.)

RubyLu is offline  
#25 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
Maurine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I cry over TNG (and Voyager) when I am not pregnant.  biglaugh.gifBut I am a trekkie.gif dork. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyLu View Post

Yep. I recently cried because my house is unorganized and I feel like I can't get a handle on it. I cried a few days ago when my DD splashed water outside the tub by accident. But it wasn't until I cried at a Stak Trek:TNG re-run that I realized this wasn't normal crying, this was crazy pregnancy crying. I've since decided to only watch comedies, ask my for DH's help in cleaning the house, and will surround the tub with layers of towels. Just in an attempt to reduce the madness.

 

(Also, I'm glad for the heads-up about Shudder Island. The previews looked terrifying but I was kinda wondering if I could make it through. I'm not even going to try it now.)



 


#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Maurine is offline  
#26 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamera View Post

Ugh this morning I asked my husband if he could feed our 19 month old DD some yogurt and he said "I can either do this here or I can go to school." (he was writing an essay that's due in his history class today). I cried for like 10 minutes. I also cried watching a Duggar special about their first grandson. There was a part where Anna (their daughter in law) was in labor and holding her 1 year old DD with misty eyes saying "Did you sleep good? Mommy is having her baby now." That really got me!



ME TOO! It was so touching and emotional. 

 

I cried and got SOOOOO hurt when I came home from grocery shopping and DH had made homemade pizza and covered the whole thing in mushrooms and sausage...I hate both. He told me to just make a new one... ohhhhh I was so upset! lol


Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
#27 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyLu View Post

(Also, I'm glad for the heads-up about Shudder Island. The previews looked terrifying but I was kinda wondering if I could make it through. I'm not even going to try it now.)


You're welcome, yes, please hold off.  It's too graphic and does involve terrible things and children.  And more Terrible Things.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post


I cry over TNG (and Voyager) when I am not pregnant.  biglaugh.gifBut I am a trekkie.gif dork. 
 



 


Same here!

 

I have to add one.  I didn't cry at the time but I cried thinking about it today.  My MIL made an offhand comment on Father's day and it didn't bother me then but it does now.  She said, "I know you're miserable and ready to be done, but I'm not going to wish away the summer."

 

Well, poop.  Thanks for being excited about the baby coming, you know?  Geez.

 


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#28 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
 
Ree Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: planet earth
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I stopped in a maternity store today. A very pretty, melodic song was playing on the speakers (I've never heard it before, so I can't completely set the scene for you) and I looked at the baby clothing and started to cry. I just felt overwhelmed. This has been the first time I've cried in public. It lasted about 15 seconds then stopped.

 

Unfortunately, I have been cranky...not at home, which feels like an oasis, but definitely on the street. I'm in NYC and there's so much foot traffic...people rushing everywhere, not watching where they're going. And getting on public transportation is really unpleasant. I get irritated easily, which I wish wasn't the case. Occasionally I recall a pregnant woman I saw in upstate NY...It was about 2 years ago, I was in a outdoor restaurant in New Paltz, NY, and she came walking across the street with a huuuuge buddha belly and a serene, satisfied smile. I want to be like that, but I feel like this city makes it hard. Or maybe it's just my hormones. If I'm mindful, I can get out of my irritable moods, at least for a bit, which is good practice for labor, I suppose. It just takes a lot of vigilance.

Ree Tee is offline  
#29 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
Maurine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Roxy View Post

I stopped in a maternity store today. A very pretty, melodic song was playing on the speakers (I've never heard it before, so I can't completely set the scene for you) and I looked at the baby clothing and started to cry. I just felt overwhelmed. This has been the first time I've cried in public. It lasted about 15 seconds then stopped.

 

Unfortunately, I have been cranky...not at home, which feels like an oasis, but definitely on the street. I'm in NYC and there's so much foot traffic...people rushing everywhere, not watching where they're going. And getting on public transportation is really unpleasant. I get irritated easily, which I wish wasn't the case. Occasionally I recall a pregnant woman I saw in upstate NY...It was about 2 years ago, I was in a outdoor restaurant in New Paltz, NY, and she came walking across the street with a huuuuge buddha belly and a serene, satisfied smile. I want to be like that, but I feel like this city makes it hard. Or maybe it's just my hormones. If I'm mindful, I can get out of my irritable moods, at least for a bit, which is good practice for labor, I suppose. It just takes a lot of vigilance.



Oh, Irene I feel for ya!  I lived in NYC in my 20s and honestly, hated it.  I can't imagine being pregnant there.  So glad to hear that your home is an oasis!  Totally necessary to deal with the concrete jungle of NYC.

 


#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Maurine is offline  
#30 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 PM
 
Ree Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: planet earth
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post





Oh, Irene I feel for ya!  I lived in NYC in my 20s and honestly, hated it.  I can't imagine being pregnant there.  So glad to hear that your home is an oasis!  Totally necessary to deal with the concrete jungle of NYC.

 

Yes, a concrete jungle indeed...We're planning to move come November...I can't imagine raising a baby here...

:o)
 

 

Ree Tee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off