varicose veins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a couple of varicose veins in my vulva.  One in the outer labia & one in the perineum.  They aren't really painful, mostly annoying.  I'm a bit worried about what they'll do during birth.  

I put the Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom balm on them daily.  Any other suggestions?  Anyone else have these?  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#2 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've had them every pg, they have never been a problem during the birth. I've never put anything on them since they aren't painful. They disappear (Until next time!) after the baby is born. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 9 Old 07-18-2011, 04:23 PM

bag.gif  Bumping this b/c I feel very alone!!!  I just discovered one and, truthfully, it hurts.  Is there anything I can do for it now to ease the pain?  I feel like it's going to explode when I give birth and I'm really afraid.  I have my mw appt tomorrow and will bring it up but thought maybe I could just ask for you guys's experiences/opinions.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 9 Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

bag.gif  Bumping this b/c I feel very alone!!!  I just discovered one and, truthfully, it hurts.  Is there anything I can do for it now to ease the pain?  I feel like it's going to explode when I give birth and I'm really afraid.  I have my mw appt tomorrow and will bring it up but thought maybe I could just ask for you guys's experiences/opinions.  

The Mayan work is supposed to help, if you wanted to go try that. http://arvigotherapy.com - there should be someone near you.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#5 of 9 Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 PM

#6 of 9 Old 07-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Glad I'm not the only one! A leg varisosity and a labial varicosity showed up in my second pregnancy (much to my dismay!). I tried all sorts of things, but nothing really seemed to help. Witch hazel applications help temporarily. Butcher's broom is supposed to help too (I just started taking that). Anyway, I birthed my son vaginally with no problems, and they went away after delivery.

Now pregnant with #3 and they're back full force. I wear support knee high for my right leg (the one with the varicosities), and that's really all I can do. I'm hoping the butcher's broom helps!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#7 of 9 Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 PM

#8 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 AM

In my training varicosities are usually the result of pelvic congestion. Usually the uterus is sitting in a less than ideal position and blocking the circulation to and from your legs. This often occurs in athletic women, actually, because the uterine ligaments are designed to stretch and the jarring movements of running and such make the uterus bounce around and generally not sit nicely.

With pregnancy, you're adding a giant baby, ect to a uterus that isn't ideally positioned and everything gets more exciting :)

The gentle belly massage can help shift things so that you have as good a position as you can get, discomfort lessons, blood flow improves and life is perfect. ;)

... I just wish I did it more. I have the same pelvic pain that I've helped woman after woman get rid of during pregnancy and do I fix it for myself? Noooo.. *eyeroll*

But I do it enough that I do not have swelling in my feet at all and my uterus sits nice and centered.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#9 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 PM

During my pregnancy with my daughter 2 years ago my vaginal varicose veins were insanely bad. With this pregnancy I have been taking Vitamin E supplements at the recommendation of my midwife and have had hardly any pain or discomfort!!! It seems like pehaps they are still there, as there is still some bulging and such, but it just doesn't hurt this time.

Tags
Earth Mama Body Butter 8oz , Earth Mama Body Butter 4oz , Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 Ml Oil , Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Recovery Bath Herbs , Earth Mama Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby C Mama Healing Salve , Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics , Earth Mama Angel Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page