Due Date Buddies!!!~Signups now closed...buddy assignments now posted!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I think I'm going to take my husbands phone and flush it. smile.gif He's ALWAYS on it and it's an addiction and drives me nuts. I will update probably when I go in and then as soon as I can after (maybe during? we'll see).

DF is the same way with his phone and I hate it. We've made a promise to each other that after the baby is born, as soon as we call out mothers and post a pic to facebook, ALL technology (laptop, phone, Xbox) is going off for the next 4 or 5 days.

I really haven't given much thought to the phone in labor. I think I"ll just prefer to be left alone and do my own thing, so maybe the phone will keep him occupied and not panicking. He did download a contraction timer. eyesroll.gif

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#62 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend!  I've been offline for the past few days.  Although I've been reading intermittently from my phone, I've just not been posting anything myself.  Sooo...I just now got caught up on everyone who recently joined the buddy group and updated the header with everyone's communication preferences.  I think I'll leave the thread open until the end of this week and then close it off so we can pair up.  I know there are some mamas who expect to go by mid-late July and I don't want to wait too long to get the buddy pairing done!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#63 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm in too. FischK. 8/23.

I can text and I do have email on my phone, but I'm not sure how MDC looks on the phone. I also won't post too many updates while in labor. :)

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#64 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM

I'd like to join! edd 8/11.

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#65 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Count me in too!

My Edd is August 23rd and my OB will only let me go one week over before inducing :-( just FYI.

I think I'm best for texting.  I can email from my phone but its not always reliable, same with FB and I can probably get on here as well, but it then again maybe not.  So texting is #1 for me!

First time mama!  belly.gif
#66 of 85 Old 07-05-2011, 11:25 PM

i would love to be someone else's due date buddy, but i don't think i will be calling/texting/on the internet at all when i feel that baby is coming. i just want to get down and be in my moment, yk? i will definietly let y'all know when baby makes their grand arrival.

is it silly to want to buddy up on only one end? in any case, if you need an odd lady out, let me know. smile.gif

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#67 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

I think I can find a way to pair you up with someone.  Are you using your original EDD or the new one after your ultrasound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

i would love to be someone else's due date buddy, but i don't think i will be calling/texting/on the internet at all when i feel that baby is coming. i just want to get down and be in my moment, yk? i will definietly let y'all know when baby makes their grand arrival.

is it silly to want to buddy up on only one end? in any case, if you need an odd lady out, let me know. smile.gif

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

#68 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 10:35 AM

eg-

i am just planning on an early august babe- so i guess i am sticking to 8/2. i am curious about the differing dates, 'cos in all actuality, it is possible. but, with my odds, even if it were the earlier due date, i would probably still be having an august baby. :)

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#69 of 85 Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Count me in!!! My EDD is August 30th....I've been known to go overdue though. I'd be shocked if she came earlier than that....though....I guess I better prepare for the possibility because as I know all too well....ANYTHING can happen. (Hugs) to all!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#70 of 85 Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Here are the buddy assignments!  I hope everyone is happy/satisfied with their buddy.  I tried really hard to match people up based on communication preferences and by keeping at least a week or more between EDDs.  If you aren't happy and want to trade buddies, I'm sure no one would mind. 

So, I guess the next step is for the buddy pairs to PM each other with their personal contact info so they can start communicating off MDC and then just wait for babies to start coming!!!

Buddy #1              EDD                                           Buddy #2                         EDD

Agatha_Ann            7/23    (8/6)                                verarae                             8/11  (8/21)

jillybeans                8/25   (late Jul/early Aug)             Poetry Lover                     8/15

veggiemom              8/1                                            elove                                8/15                                                      

chaika                     8/1                                            *Jessica*                         8/15

elevena true            8/2                                             kylaskye                          8/26 

noorjahan                8/4                                            greencarnation                  8/19

Stephaniqua            8/7                                            Karalynnskies                   8/21   

Tamera                    8/4                                           Baby_Cakes                     8/16      

Lovingmommyhood  8/7                                            ChemistryClass                8/16        

egmaranian             8/6                                            CrazyCatLady                   8/17 (8/21)                
RileyAnn                 8/4                                            FischK                             8/23    
Beckily                   8/6   (8/14)                                 Inali                                 8/23           
Birdie B                  8/8                                            kylaskye                          8/26 
cat13                      8/14                                          Italiamom                         8/26              
Imprint                    8/16  (mid-July to 8/7)                 Lynann                             8/30   (8/25)        

bethrw                    8/11                                           Emerging Butterfly             8/30

Irene Roxy              8/14                                           Lady Jennifer                     9/1      

SynEpona              8/7                 (Canada)               No other Canadians signed up greensad.gif

#71 of 85 Old 07-09-2011, 04:07 PM

So how does this work again? Having a brain gap.... nut.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#72 of 85 Old 07-09-2011, 04:59 PM

We message or call or somehow tell our Buddy when we are in labor and stuff, that way we don't have to log on to MDC to keep everyone posted.  Makes it easier!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#73 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

At the point when our buddy messages or calls to tell us they are in labor, do we post to this thread or start a new thread? Will there be one thread for everyone's labors or individual threads? I mean, basically, we all just want to keep the laboring mama's in our thoughts and/or prayers, sending good vibes and positive energy? Also, how much should the buddy share and how much should the buddy leave the mama to share? I'm thinking of scenarios, for example,  where the gender was a surprise. Let's say the mama messaged the buddy and told the buddy the gender/weight/length. Should the buddy relay all of that information to the DDC or relay minimal information, such as the time the baby was born, that all are well, etc.?

I'm likely over thinking things. I just want to make sure I don't share information that the mama may want to share herself, if that makes sense.

#74 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM

Hmm all good points.  When I text my buddy that I'm in labor, she can post a new thread saying "Carrie's in labor!" or something of that sort.  I think anything I tell my buddy is fair game/public knowledge.  So if I don't want ppl (on this board) knowing how dilated I am or something, I shouldn't say it.  But lets keep it to MDC and not cross post on FB.  Sound good?

Or we could just tell our buddies our own preferences, b/c I think everyone is going to feel differently.  Right?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#75 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I agree about FB. DH and I will hold off posting anything on FB for a bit and we, of course, want to be the first to announce the birth on FB. We want those close to us to hear about the birth directly from us first.

#76 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

At the point when our buddy messages or calls to tell us they are in labor, do we post to this thread or start a new thread? Will there be one thread for everyone's labors or individual threads? I mean, basically, we all just want to keep the laboring mama's in our thoughts and/or prayers, sending good vibes and positive energy? Also, how much should the buddy share and how much should the buddy leave the mama to share? I'm thinking of scenarios, for example,  where the gender was a surprise. Let's say the mama messaged the buddy and told the buddy the gender/weight/length. Should the buddy relay all of that information to the DDC or relay minimal information, such as the time the baby was born, that all are well, etc.?

yeahthat.gif   exact questions I had!

Quote:

When I text my buddy that I'm in labor, she can post a new thread saying "Carrie's in labor!" or something of that sort. 

so, are we agreeing that each "in labor" announcement will be a new thread?  If the mama wants to announce the baby details, would it suffice to just say "mom and baby are healthy, details to follow" so they can post it w the babe pictures (sooo exciting!)?

I just want to say that it was like yesterday when I waited to see if someone would start a DDC for August ladies and got soo excited to find that it was on...now we are a skip and a hop away from baby pictures....and I tear up every time I see one! even the ones on instruction videos in birthing classes...

#77 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

I agree about FB. DH and I will hold off posting anything on FB for a bit and we, of course, want to be the first to announce the birth on FB. We want those close to us to hear about the birth directly from us first.

So do I. It is very important to me that some people on my friends list do not know that I am in labor. I do not need my mother showing up at my house! She is not welcome.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#78 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:

so, are we agreeing that each "in labor" announcement will be a new thread?  If the mama wants to announce the baby details, would it suffice to just say "mom and baby are healthy, details to follow" so they can post it w the babe pictures (sooo exciting!)?

I vote yes for this!  Every mama gets her own labor/birth thread.

I cannot WAIT!  After this week we should get some early ones, right?!?  joy.gif

#79 of 85 Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM

I like the idea of everyone getting their own thread!

I can not wait till labor and birth stories start being posted! It just makes me realize how close all this is biggrinbounce.gif

HOLY CRAP I can not believe I am about to be a momma!!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#80 of 85 Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

I agree to each mama having her own birth thread.  I also think that it's up to each of us individually to set the limits on what our buddy can/should share and where.  I only want what I tell my buddy to be shared on MDC, not on FB.  I haven't even really "announced" my pregnancy on FB and don't really plan to.  I have a lot of FB "friends" that are really just business associates, acquaintances, or people I'm not particularly close to, so I like to choose my timing and method of certain announcements very carefully there to maintain some privacy.

On another note...OMG we're gonna be having BABIES soon!!!!!  joy.gif

#81 of 85 Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 AM

I totally agree this is just for MDC. Last time we didn't announce on FB for a couple of days so nobody knew we were in labor or that DS had been born.

I'll just share what I want my buddy to share. That way they can just copy my text message if they want to. I'll try to remember to let them know labor has started, but if its the middle of the night ( I can hope can't I) then it may just be a message to say its over and baby is here. I'm sure I'll be back online within a day or two to give everyone a quick update, but it may take a few weeks for a full birth story.

I also think having individual threads makes more sense, as then we can keep our own heads straight with what is going on during the big surge of babies.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#82 of 85 Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM

O.k....GOT IT! So I'm the #2 buddy to the #1 buddy directly across from me...correct???

#83 of 85 Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

O.k....GOT IT! So I'm the #2 buddy to the #1 buddy directly across from me...correct???

Yes! Sorry if that wasn't clear!

#84 of 85 Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 AM

This is awesome, I love this!  I'm good with you guys knowing anything I send to my buddy (I'll let her know!).  And yeah, I can't believe we are having babies... Well, I can believe  you are all having babies but I can't believe I am!  Just yesterday I had a minor freak out during one of my MANY potty breaks.  I still don't understand how the heck my stomach got to look like this!  Surreal.

First time mama!  belly.gif
#85 of 85 Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM

THANKS!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page