Due Date Buddies!!!~Signups now closed...buddy assignments now posted!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've seen this done in other DDC's and I thought it might be fun for us to try as well.  Basically, we will pair up by due date and exchange personal contact info (phone #/email address).  When the time comes for us to start popping out our babes, we can inform our buddy via text msg or email since that's easier than logging on to MDC when you're in the thick of things.  The buddy can then update the rest of the DDC about your labor progress or baby status.  It's also a way to have some personal support from a buddy who is about as far along as you when we get to the bitter end and are just miserable.  winky.gif

Let me know if you are interested by posting your username and EDD and I'll update this post with everyone's info as the header.  Once everyone has signed up who wants to participate, we can pair up by due date.

ETA:  Here are the buddy assignments!  I hope everyone is happy/satisfied with their buddy.  I tried really hard to match people up based on communication preferences and by keeping at least a week or more between EDDs.  If you aren't happy and want to trade buddies, I'm sure no one would mind. 

So, I guess the next step is for the buddy pairs to PM each other with their personal contact info so they can start communicating off MDC and then just wait for babies to start coming!!!

Buddy #1              EDD                                           Buddy #2                         EDD

Agatha_Ann            7/23    (8/6)                                verarae                             8/11  (8/21)

jillybeans                8/25   (late Jul/early Aug)             Poetry Lover                     8/15

veggiemom              8/1                                            elove                                8/15                                                      

chaika                     8/1                                            *Jessica*                         8/15

elevena true            8/2                                             kylaskye                          8/26 

noorjahan                8/4                                            greencarnation                  8/19

Stephaniqua            8/7                                            Karalynnskies                   8/21   

Tamera                    8/4                                           Baby_Cakes                     8/16      

Lovingmommyhood  8/7                                            ChemistryClass                8/16        

egmaranian             8/6                                            CrazyCatLady                   8/17 (8/21)                
RileyAnn                 8/4                                            FischK                             8/23    
Beckily                   8/6   (8/14)                                 Inali                                 8/23           
Birdie B                  8/8                                            kylaskye                          8/26 
cat13                      8/14                                          Italiamom                         8/26              
Imprint                    8/16  (mid-July to 8/7)                 Lynann                             8/30   (8/25)        

bethrw                    8/11                                           Emerging Butterfly             8/30

Irene Roxy              8/14                                           Lady Jennifer                     9/1      

SynEpona              8/7                 (Canada)               No other Canadians signed up greensad.gif

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#2 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 AM

Count me in!

8/26

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#3 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 AM

Username EDD
veggiemom 8/1
#4 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 AM

Good idea!

Username           EDD

ChemistryClass 8/16

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#5 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

PoetryLover 08/15

#6 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Chaika 8/1

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#7 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 AM

Fun!!

Baby_Cakes 8/16

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 06:19 AM

Username: Lynann

EDD 8/30 (might be 8/25 though)

I get to watch you all have your babies first since I'm not due until the very end of the month.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#9 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 AM

CrazyCatLady (Melaya)  -  8/17 or 8/21  

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#10 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 07:17 AM

In the forum I was on when expecting DS we did due date buddies, but instead of pairing up with someone due at the same time we were paired with a Mama that was about 2 weeks different from us. That way it reduced the likelihood of both buddies being in labor at the same time. Again that time I was right at the end of the month and got to watch almost all of the other ladies have their babies before I did.

It was nice to be able to update for another Mama and let everyone else know what was going on. I must confess though that last time when it became my turn to labor the last thing I was thinking about was updating my buddy or the forum, but that's because I got too focused on my labor too quickly, and this time around I plan on keeping myself as distracted from the labor as possible for as long as possible, so I promise that whoever ends up my buddy I will let you know what is going on.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#11 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

In the forum I was on when expecting DS we did due date buddies, but instead of pairing up with someone due at the same time we were paired with a Mama that was about 2 weeks different from us. That way it reduced the likelihood of both buddies being in labor at the same time. Again that time I was right at the end of the month and got to watch almost all of the other ladies have their babies before I did.

It was nice to be able to update for another Mama and let everyone else know what was going on. I must confess though that last time when it became my turn to labor the last thing I was thinking about was updating my buddy or the forum, but that's because I got too focused on my labor too quickly, and this time around I plan on keeping myself as distracted from the labor as possible for as long as possible, so I promise that whoever ends up my buddy I will let you know what is going on.

Oh yeah, that would make a lot more sense wouldn't it?  And pairing with a mama who *just* had a baby won't work either b/c she's going to be busy.  See, all you due at the end of the monther's are going to be busy updating for everyone!

Last time I did let everyone know I was in labor, but didn't have the capacity to update through out.  I think it'll be much easier on the phone than the computer.  Especially texting!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#12 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 AM

greencarnation:

I'm 8/19 or 20.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#13 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 AM

Username           EDD

Karalynnskies     8/21

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#14 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Beckily 8/6 :)

(Though I've always felt strongly about the 14th)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#15 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I guess that does make more sense, huh? winky.gif  Guess I didn't read about how this works very carefully while I was lurking around the other DDC. 

Ok, I'll get everyone on the list and keep it open for a week or so, then we can pair up by EDDs that are a couple of weeks apart. 

YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

#16 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Woo-hoo!!!! This is so exciting!! joy.gif We're nearing the end!!

#17 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM

I'm in! Due 8/25, but most likely late July/early August!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#18 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Irene Roxy

due date: August 14th

#19 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Me too please!

cat13 (Tina)

Aug 14

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#20 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 PM

I'm not one much for texting- heck, I don't even know where my phone is half the time.

I'll probably post here when labor starts- but with this being a UC, I don't think I'll have much time to update as things go. But I do plan on once the baby is born doing a quick post on Facebook to let everyone know she is here and share a pic- then we are turning off technology for a few days. I'm due mid- late august (somewhere btwn the 10th and 20th... though I have a feeling she'll go overdue). So If someone wants to add me as a friend on Facebook so they can see the post then update everyone here and share a pic, that would be cool.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#21 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM

If we're lacking DD buddies, I'll take up a couple people. I'm not going to be having much to do towards the end. (Don't have much to do now.) 

As for facebook, I was thinking of making a group or getting in contact with people there because it's going to suck when the DDC closes. (Was sad when I first found out it does.)

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#22 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

If we're lacking DD buddies, I'll take up a couple people. I'm not going to be having much to do towards the end. (Don't have much to do now.) 

As for facebook, I was thinking of making a group or getting in contact with people there because it's going to suck when the DDC closes. (Was sad when I first found out it does.)

Several of us are already facebook friends. I started a thread a while back. I'll try to locate it and bump it.

#23 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 02:51 PM

#24 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 02:59 PM

I'd like to be in!  I haven't been very involved, reply-wise, but I read almost every day.  The forum stuff is new to me so I've been hanging back a little but I know I will especially love the support/connection postpartum.  I am due the 11th (and measuring there) but I've gotten the 21st and the 30th from ultrasound, time will tell I guess :)  We are having a girl, our second, and we are having her at home with a great midwife.  She turned LOA about a week ago, the day before my last appt.  I'm excited about that because our DD was posterior and we think that's why our labor was so long.  Oh, and I've had nothing but boy dreams with this pregnancy so it's throwing me for a loop!  I keep saying, "your brother" to DD.  That's about it!  Count me in (and I promise to post/reply more!)

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
#25 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm a very good texter, and also have nothing to do. I'm due August 4th! :)

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#26 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Duplicate post

#27 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM

I'd like to join!

Stephaniqua Due Date 8/7 :)

#28 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 08:41 PM

I'm in!  EDD of 8/26.  I can text, I can email, I can update MDC straight from my phone.  Whatever is necessary!  Pair me up!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#29 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:04 PM

Tamera 8/4

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#30 of 85 Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM

username: noorjahan

edd: 8/4

I think I might be able to post here from my ph too ....but only God knows! :) Pair me up in case I can't..I would love to let everyone know that I'm in labor so some prayers/good vibes can be sent my way biggrinbounce.gif

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page