this baby was built on.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh, and let's not forget the pickles...

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#32 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

Oh, and let's not forget the pickles...

duh.gif  How could I forget the kosher dills!?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#33 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 06:00 PM

aah, this is fun to think about...she was built on yogurt, muesli, strawberries, lots of lettuce, WATERMELON (i ate till i dropped), cheese, eggs, yummy bread ( i m getting hungry as I write this), joe's o-s, milk, ice cream, apples, cham tea, buffalo sauce, bananas, pasta and kosher dill pickles....i did drink lots of water but i can not say i enjoyed that a lot...

every time the instructor said "now your uterus is the size of the water melon" ...i kept giggling this weekend since she is pretty much made of it :-)

#34 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#35 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Ice cream, milk, chocolate, bacon, eggs and ice cold water.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#36 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM

For me it's been:

Greek yogurt and lots of it, salad, free range-grass fed beef, grilled cheese, organic whole milk, clementines, frozen yogurt, ice cream, potatoes, chile rellenos,

I always thought it was weird the ice thing but proved to be true for me when I was severely anemic (pre pg).  It's a pica behavior associated with anemia.....fixed the anemia and the desire went away--so strange.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#37 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Yikes! I also had some other pica related urges (wanting to eat a brick and dirt), didn't think the ice thing was related. I have been trying to up iron in my diet, I'm not even a vegetarian, I am actually quite the meat eater! I also got some floradix samples from the birth center.

Quote:
O/T, but the song We Built This City has been stuck in my head all day b/c of this thread.  lol.gif

lol me too!

Also, I am shocked at how often nachos have shown up in this thread!

#38 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM

baby has been built on...blueberries, eggs (mostly fried or sunny side up in a sandwich....), sandwiches!! yum, with dave's spelt bread....beets, avocado (in any and every form), every kind of smoothie, plums, cherries, blueberries (i know i already liusted this, but seriously i can eat 2 pounds in a day), strawberries, cashews, almonds, dandelion drink (it's my pretend coffe, i can make it taste exactly the way i doctor my coffee........kale. CHOCOLATE. and yogurt/fruit/flax oil parfaits. mmm. baby wants to be made of figs right now, but they are not quite in season and still quite spendy.......

i did just eat dinner, yet i am hungry again.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#39 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 PM

I will be surprised if this baby doesn't come out an actual watermelon!  I've eaten a RIDICULOUS amount of watermelon.  I mean a TON.  Prior to it being in season, I have pretty much craved fruits and milk for almost the whole pregnancy.  I've eaten a lot of fruit and I drank way more milk than I usually do.  I had an aversion to eggs in the 1st trimester and that oddly seems to be back a bit.  Other than that, it's been my usual foods.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#40 of 47 Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

When morning sickness was at it's worst fries from burger king were the only thing that sounded good to me. It was ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynna View Post

DS was built on watermelon, cheeseburgers and fries.bag.gif

When I was pregnant with DD I swore I kept Red Robin in business! I could not get enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Smart Dogs, Ruffles, apples, bananas, peanut butter, and QUIZNOS.  I think me and baby, together, kept Quiznos in business this year.  eat.gif

I can't get enough ice! Although I have had problems with anemia, so it could be partly that, but I fill mason jars (the BIG ones) full of ice and carry it around with me, just crunching away. It's so satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Anyone else addicted to crunching on ice? That's another weird pregnancy development for me.

This little boy: French fries (I know, I know), spinach, boca burgers, anything with black beans, and lots of ice.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#41 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

O/T, but the song We Built This City has been stuck in my head all day b/c of this thread.  lol.gif

yeahthat.gif  Popped in my head as soon as I read the title!

AFM:  Oatmeal, nachos, peanut butter and strawberry jam on whole wheat toast, veggie breakfast sandwiches from Starbucks, fruit (whatever has been in season), and red bell peppers.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#42 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Also, I am shocked at how often nachos have shown up in this thread!

I know! It just makes me want nachos even more!

"Marconi plays 'La Bamba' listen to the radio! Don't you remember? We built this baby on lots o' nachos!" Heh heh.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#43 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM

PEANUT BUTTER, nuts, yogurt, milk, beef, apples, strawberries, chocolate pudding, tons of salad, and grilled chicken! 

#44 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

too funny!!!! Ill be singing it for weeks- maybe a good labor mantra :)

#45 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

and apples, apples, apples- usually 3 or 4 a day!!

#46 of 47 Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM

sour cream, greek yogurt, salads, baked potatoes, bananas, red rasp leaf tea, cheese. I can't normally eat dairy either so I have gone a bit crazy. Also random treats like chocolate chip cookies (hooked right now! haha), ice cream, licorice. 

#47 of 47 Old 07-15-2011, 12:18 AM

I just read through this thread, and now I'm positively starving.  We have nothing to eat in the house right now...  Grocery shopping is tomorrow.  I need to pull up this thread at the store orngbiggrin.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page