I can't wait... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't wait to walk...you know, instead of waddle! winky.gif

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 AM

I cant wait to have gone through a healing birth process and see my baby's little face, hold his little body, introduce him to his sister....

Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM

I can't wait to stop being incredibly clumsy all the time! Well, today is just one of those days. But they seem to be coming more frequently.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

I can't wait to stop being incredibly clumsy all the time! Well, today is just one of those days. But they seem to be coming more frequently.

On this same token, I can't wait to see my feet again.  Because when I'm shuffling around, I have no idea where they're really at, and so I inevitably run them into things.  I've opened up a toe on the same spot in the kitchen 3 times this week.  And let me tell ya, trying to properly wash and bandage my toes is a death-defying feat of grandeur at this point!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

I can't wait to zip up pants again. 

yeahthat.gif    today at the grocery store i realized i was longingly looking at a woman walking down an aisle because she was wearing jeans ( that looked like they fit like my favorite pair used to... ) and a tank top. no stretching or cajoling to get into.....much as i love leggings and long tops i am ready for buttons and zippers!!

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 07-29-2011, 03:20 AM

I'm totally ready to zip up pants again, but I know I'm going to be pretty sad the first time I try to squeeze my butt into some pre-baby jeans. I can't wait to be able to exercise for real again, though. My tennis racket is calling me!

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstella View Post

I'm totally ready to zip up pants again, but I know I'm going to be pretty sad the first time I try to squeeze my butt into some pre-baby jeans. I can't wait to be able to exercise for real again, though. My tennis racket is calling me!

I always organize my jeans so the largest pair is on top and goes in decreasing order until the smallest pair is on the bottom. That way, when I go to try them on for the first time, if they don't fit I'm only disappointed once, and if they do I can move down the stack! thumb.gif It is much better for my mental health than to try on every pair until I am a crumbled mess on my closet floor totally defeated lol.gif

Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 PM

I can't wait to be done with the swelling.

I know I sort of said that before, but I mean it so much MORE, now... greensad.gif

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 07-30-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprint View Post

I can't wait to be done with the swelling.

I know I sort of said that before, but I mean it so much MORE, now... greensad.gif

I hear you on the swelling! I actually haven't had it at all until about two weeks ago. Last night was the worst, I think my feet were almost twice their normal size and I had to hobble around the house.  

This morning DH and I were playing around with how to side car the crib. After we got it perfect, he wanted to leave it how it was, but I said we had to move it since there is NO WAY I can manuever around the crib when I'm getting up 8 times a night. Then it hit me... I can't wait to be mobile again! I almost forgot that I used to have the ability to roll around, curl up, get up off the floor, and all kinds of things with my body! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

This morning DH and I were playing around with how to side car the crib. After we got it perfect, he wanted to leave it how it was, but I said we had to move it since there is NO WAY I can manuever around the crib when I'm getting up 8 times a night. Then it hit me... I can't wait to be mobile again! I almost forgot that I used to have the ability to roll around, curl up, get up off the floor, and all kinds of things with my body! 

Yes!!!!! I could stand for more than a few minutes at a time. I could easily bend over and pick things up off the floor. I could wash dishes without getting my belly wet and walk around my DH without bumping him with my belly, etc., etc.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM

I second the can't wait to be mobile again!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 AM

I can't wait to get those boxes of books out of the basement. They're still there from our move in May, and DH doesn't seem to be interested in unpacking them.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can't wait to be able to bend forward again. 

If I drop something while sitting I either have a very hard time to pick it up or I have to get up and bend down to pick it up... Which isn't easy either. 

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

If I drop something while sitting I either have a very hard time to pick it up or I have to get up and bend down to pick it up... Which isn't easy either. 

yeahthat.gif I'd like to be able to bend forward on the toilet again too.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

Yes!!!  I try to use my toes.  It sometimes works for small things.  But I dropped my toothpaste on the floor between the sink and the toilet, and instead of trying to get it I just opened a new toothpaste b/c there was no way in hell I was going to be able to reach to pick it up.  It was still sitting there last time I checked!  Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

yeahthat.gif I'd like to be able to bend forward on the toilet again too.

Um, yes to this too!lol.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-04-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Yes!!!  I try to use my toes.  It sometimes works for small things.  But I dropped my toothpaste on the floor between the sink and the toilet, and instead of trying to get it I just opened a new toothpaste b/c there was no way in hell I was going to be able to reach to pick it up.  It was still sitting there last time I checked!  Haha.

I was complaining to DH today about how hard it is to bend over, and he asked (seriously), "would you like me to call the insurance company and see if they'll cover one of the old people grabber arms for you?"  I about died.  And now I'm hoping they will.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

I was complaining to DH today about how hard it is to bend over, and he asked (seriously), "would you like me to call the insurance company and see if they'll cover one of the old people grabber arms for you?"  I about died.  And now I'm hoping they will.

Sometimes they do :) I used to sell medical equipment.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:

I bought one from target. bag.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Just tell him that you already have an expensive one at home... HIM! :)

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Just tell him that you already have an expensive one at home... HIM! :)

twins.gifROTFLMAO.gif

User Tag List