We Made It! Chat Thread - July 25 thru AUGUST 1!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't believe this thread is already 3 pages! Carrie, so happy for you for your bloodwork! I hope everyone's bathroom issues resolve themselves quickly, that is no fun.

I just got home from the doctor and everything was looking good. I have been having a lot of pain at my incision scars (4 sections) and so I have been a little worried. He said at this point we're not going to "mess around" anymore and if I have pain or am contracting a lot he said just to get there rather than sit around and time them or wait and see what happens. I'm already scheduled to have the csection next Saturday (11 days!!!!!) but he said he doesn't want to risk me being two hours away and rupturing, so I'm supposed to head out as soon as anything starts. Exciting!

Oh and last weeks ultrasound said just over 8lbs and today's said just over 7lbs, so I am walking proof of the margin of error!

#62 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM

We were up so late last night! I went with Dusty to work while he did some server work. Computer work is so funny! He's working hard while we watch 'Universe' on Netflix. Which, by the way, is a very long series and it's totally worth watching!

Got home around 230a and we both went to bed where we lay very quietly. Around 3 or 4, I asked if he was still awake. Yup. Me, too. I seem to be completely incapable of planning food for the birth or after. I think I'll bring a loaf of bread, peanutbutter, jelly and some boiled eggs :P I feel asleep, and then woke up around 5 and asked again, and yup! He still hadn't gone to sleep. But I did! Yay!

And then his phone rang at 820 or something, right as this crazy low-flying plane was going by and the cat was starting her "HI! It's morning! Hi! Hi!" routine. I decided the plane was either a plane or an asteroid and either way, it was going to crash directly into my stomach. Sigh. So then I was awake. And really tired.

So I came to the living room and read for a bit, ate cereal and went back to bed at 1030. Then he woke up and had to deal with work things. And I slept until 1130.

Got up and my hips really hurt! So when he was done emailing, he rubbed them for me. He's the best one.

We just had a fancy lunch of grilled cheeses. Going to a friend's for dinner tonight. I'm tired. :P My cat is making me crazy and I'm surprised she even still likes me lately. Glutton for punishment, I guess. But really. Must she lick her butt ALL THE TIME? It's such a bad sound! And ALL THE TIME. Gah.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#63 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

LOL!   I really shouldn't be drinking the Dr Pepper!!  I'm going to take a note from you and just stop drinking it.  It'll make that postpartum one, with lots of ice, all that much more special, I think!

Honey, you go right ahead and drink your Dr. Pepper!  I wouldn't be drinking a large one every day...  But a single glass, filled to the brim with ice and then topped off with Dr. Pepper and a bendy straw...  Sounds blissful to me.  I just had crackers with stinky cheese and 3 oatmeal cookies for lunch.  I am of the opinion that at this point I need pleasure where I can get it, and it sure isn't happening anywhere else.  I'll eat an extremely healthy dinner, but...  I just avoid the Dr. Pepper because it gives me the runs redface.gif  It's my favorite soda though!

And I will try the bottom balm.  I've got two containers of it.  It swiftly took care of my hemorrhoids a few months ago, and it does feel nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

He had a wonderfully victorious morning in court with a client....He was there as an advocate against Child protective services for this poor mama to get her little one back. The judge commended him for his integrity and awarded the child back to the mother after chastising CPS for removing a child without proper reason! YAY justice! i so love it when the legal system seems...uh...fair! So, YAY to DH for reuniting mama and child once more!

This is wonderful!  Give him a big old kiss from the collective mamas of the world.  CPS gives me the heebie jeebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

I haven't had any poo issues (thank goodness) but I really had to pee when I woke up this morning and I could not BELIEVE how much liquid fit in there! Especially when for the most part I'm off to pee and hardly anything comes out.

I am always amazed in the mornings too.  And amazed every time I poop.  And every time I eat a full meal.  I have NO idea where any of this stuff is going to.  There is no room in my inn(sides)!!  I am so sorry for everyone who has been having poop issues.  I had it terribly earlier in my pregnancy.  Things seem to actually be doing okay at this point, but...  I am just shocked that anything can get past the baby.  How!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

Oh and last weeks ultrasound said just over 8lbs and today's said just over 7lbs, so I am walking proof of the margin of error!

Thanks for sharing.  Silly ultrasounds eyesroll.gif  And I'm glad your doc is having you scoot to the hospital.  It sounds like a scary situation.  Thoughts are with you on that one mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Must she lick her butt ALL THE TIME? It's such a bad sound! And ALL THE TIME. Gah.

The animal licking noises KILL me.  My dog will do that sometimes, where he'll just sit there and slooooowly lick at himself.  Gross.

Sorry to hear about your late night, but yay for partners who will rub the right way orngbiggrin.gif

AFM -- DS has been going down for his naps and bed... ALONE!?  Normally I have to lay in bed with him until he is asleep for his nap, or DH has to lay with him in bed at night.  But the last few days I've laid down for a bit, and then once he's relaxed, I've excused myself.  I told him, "mama will be back in just a little bit to check on you..."  And he let me go.  And then stayed in the bed?  And then fell asleep without someone next to him!?  I'm shocked, but this would be a big step for our family, so I'm hoping it sticks!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#64 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

AFM -- DS has been going down for his naps and bed... ALONE!?  Normally I have to lay in bed with him until he is asleep for his nap, or DH has to lay with him in bed at night.  But the last few days I've laid down for a bit, and then once he's relaxed, I've excused myself.  I told him, "mama will be back in just a little bit to check on you..."  And he let me go.  And then stayed in the bed?  And then fell asleep without someone next to him!?  I'm shocked, but this would be a big step for our family, so I'm hoping it sticks!!

biggrinbounce.gif  Doesn't it make you want to do a happy dance!?!  Oh I'm really happy to hear this!  Maybe this will help you get sleep at night, if you can skip naps with him!!  

I do this with DD at night sometimes, not in the beginning putting-her-to-bed phase, but if she calls out at night.  I fib and say, "Mama has to use the potty, Ill be right back," kiss her cheek and tuck her back in...and I just go back to bed.  I felt bad for fibbing at first, but hey.  It seems to work and I don't have to cram myself onto her uncomfortable futon mattress.

I'm so sorry Dr Pepper doesn't agree with you!  That's tragic.  And so unfair.  But, I'll take some of those cookies. 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Oh I'm really happy to hear this!  Maybe this will help you get sleep at night, if you can skip naps with him!! 

Yeah, he's napping right now, and I'm not!  The problem though is that after I went for my walk this morning, I was so tried, that I plopped him in front of the TV and napped, basically until his nap.  I got up every 20 minutes to change to another episode of Backyardigans, but I was basically just passed out on the couch between 11:30 and 1.  I feel so awful letting him watch so much TV, but I'm so exhausted right now.  It's like the first trimester all over again.  I'll be SO glad to have my energy back to where I can balance that with plenty of outdoor time.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#66 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yeah, he's napping right now, and I'm not!  The problem though is that after I went for my walk this morning, I was so tried, that I plopped him in front of the TV and napped, basically until his nap.  I got up every 20 minutes to change to another episode of Backyardigans, but I was basically just passed out on the couch between 11:30 and 1.  I feel so awful letting him watch so much TV, but I'm so exhausted right now.  It's like the first trimester all over again.  I'll be SO glad to have my energy back to where I can balance that with plenty of outdoor time.

This is my life right now too!  I chuckled out loud at the part I bolded b/c I do the same!  Sometimes I just beg her to hop up and watch a Curious George with me so I can doze on the couch!!  I too am ready for more energy and getting outdoors, so we can find balance again!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#67 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm just getting ready to head out so while I read, I don't have a chance to comment. I feel so crappy today. Constant contractions, really heavy duty ones but they are all over the place, 2 in like 2 minutes and then 7 minutes go by with nothing. Cramping, my bowels keep clearing, nasty snot mucous. They got bad enough at one point that I was having to hide in the kitchen away from the kids, I went and rested for a while and then when I woke up, they are still there but not as bad. No freaking idea. shrug.gif DD1 and Dh have plans to go down the river, DD2 is at my mom's house who just got back so with the way things are going, if it turns into real labor, it doesn't seem to be quick like my last birth so I'll just keep going along. No point in ruining everyone's night for something that doesn't seem to be happening right now. I think I just did way too much this morning and maybe I am close but my body is certainly protesting. Or maybe it will be a month, not getting my hopes up!

Can I just say though, when the contractions were getting close together and quite painful, it hit me how much I don't want to do this whole birth thing again. Especially if this is way it is going to be. 

Ok, enough whining, off to take DD1 into town. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#68 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 PM

So Charlie's dropped some more. Very uncomfortable!

And now I'm starting to wonder if we REALLY have to give birth this way.I think he's at least 20-30lbs and his head is the size of a bowling ball... :P This isn't seeming like such a good idea.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#69 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:

And now I'm starting to wonder if we REALLY have to give birth this way.I think he's at least 20-30lbs and his head is the size of a bowling ball... :P This isn't seeming like such a good idea.

I feel like everybody's baby buy mine's dropped. 

I still have a butt/feet up in my ribs all the time. 

I can't wait to be able to breath properly again.greensad.gif

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#70 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:

Yay for Charlie dropping! I can't wait to see pictures of him biggrinbounce.gif. But I know what you mean! I was watching a birth video the other night, and it was lovely, but all of the sudden I just thought, "Oh yeah. This is going to hurt. A lot." How did I forget that? I'm still so excited to give birth, though! It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I'm so excited to do it with DF, and have little miss there to see it. I have a feeling she'll be a great labor support. Oh, but your wondering made me think about when I was in labor with DD -- I never thought I couldn't do it or wanted to go to the hospital or anything, but I did, at one point think: "It's too late for me, but I should warn the people in my birth class about this."

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#71 of 191 Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

That part is nice! The part where it hurts to stand is not.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#72 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:

That part is nice! The part where it hurts to stand is not.

It already hurts to stand. Round ligament pain sucks. (Not SPD, nowhere near that bad, thankfully.)

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#73 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

It already hurts to stand. Round ligament pain sucks. (Not SPD, nowhere near that bad, thankfully.)

Yeah. As of today I'm quite fine with just having the baby. Bowling ball head or not. I'm unhappy :P

Becky

Married to Dusty

#74 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:

I never thought I couldn't do it or wanted to go to the hospital or anything, but I did, at one point think: "It's too late for me, but I should warn the people in my birth class about this."

Oooh, that is too funny!  I had a few thoughts in labor that were silly like that.  I remember thinking over and over again that at least I didn't have to have any needles.  Worst pain of my life, NO PROBLEM.  Having a heplock?  Scared me right out of a hospital birth.  So silly.

And to all you mamas who are experiencing pain and discomfort, I am so sorry.  I can truly relate!!  I'm so tired right now, but I just cannot get comfortable.  Rolling over in bed is an ordeal, to say the least.  I'm using mostly my arms to totally sit myself up before pitifully flipping my hips to the other side and then lowering myself back down.  Every time.  If I try to just roll myself over without sitting up, I get intense localized pain in my hips and SP.  Enough to make me yelp!  Bebe has not dropped yet, and I'm just dreading it.  I know it's going to make my SP that much worse!  I feel very fortunate though to have nothing going on in the contractions department.  All you poor ladies with your on again, off again contractions.  I'm sure it's coming, but it just sounds batty!

I agree with Becky.  I know that I'm sure to have another one with a bowling ball head (DS was 14.75 inches), and I don't care.  I just want this baby out so that my poor pelvis can have some peace and quiet!!

#75 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:

Oooh, that is too funny!  I had a few thoughts in labor that were silly like that.  I remember thinking over and over again that at least I didn't have to have any needles.  Worst pain of my life, NO PROBLEM.  Having a heplock?  Scared me right out of a hospital birth.  So silly.

The man at the pharmacy that said I was either pregnant or really fat thought that I was there for this thing that helps women avoid miscarriage. He says that you have to inject it in your butt, though.

I told him, to his shock, that having had a miscarriage, I would much rather have another than to get a shot in my butt.

Which isn't true, but that's about how much I hate having needles stick anywhere near me. Hatehatehate. That's the main reason I tried to get out of doing the diabetes screening :P

Becky

Married to Dusty

#76 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:

This is my life right now too!  I chuckled out loud at the part I bolded b/c I do the same!  Sometimes I just beg her to hop up and watch a Curious George with me so I can doze on the couch!!  I too am ready for more energy and getting outdoors, so we can find balance again!

I am so glad I'm not alone in this!!!  I feel like the worst mom in the world, but DS (he's 3 1/2) doesn't nap anymore, and hasn't for a while...(one of the drawbacks of weaning, i suppose).  So after I'm completely exhausted from playing trains, cars, kitchen, etc., I HAVE to turn on the tv to get a little rest.  If I don't, I turn into a real jerk and can't handle the antics of DS.  Today is supposed to be nice before the weather turns back to shite, so we're definitely going to have to go to the park to burn off some energy (his, not mine-- I don't have any! lol)

Quote:

I never thought I couldn't do it or wanted to go to the hospital or anything, but I did, at one point think: "It's too late for me, but I should warn the people in my birth class about this."

OMG this is hilarious. 

#77 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 AM

Still here, still pregnant.  Started contracting last night at 5:30pm on the way to the boys' soccer game.  Had a couple that were way ouchy, but most were pretty mild.  Contractions woke me up a couple of times in the night.  And once again, since waking up I've not had any.  irked.gif  I'm incredibly sore and crampy, though.  I have some motivation still, so I'm going to try to do some baking/cooking/freezing today while the weather is cooler.  Maybe being on my feet all day will kick things up.  If I'm going to have the baby this week it will probably be tomorrow, simply because that is my son's 6th birthday.  lol  Oh, contraction!  Phew, I thought they were going to abandon me.  SInce they aren't incredibly painful I've come to welcome them in the hopes that they are doing something, no matter how small!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#78 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

PoetryLover, your situation sounds stressful.  I'm sorry you can't find someone to just commit!  It sounds like between all those people, that one of them would be able to watch DS, but that's still so...  I don't know.  If I were in labor and then had to call 10 different people to try and find child care, it would drive me bonkers!!  We still don't have someone to watch DS either.  The person we were going to have come had to back out (she and her partner split), so she wouldn't have anyone to leave HER two kids with.  And I don't want them at my birth.  I'm guessing DH is just going to have to watch DS, and I will have to labor alone with the midwives.  Not happy about it, but I guess that's how the cookie will crumble.  DS is a complete handful, so it's hard to find someone, let alone in the middle of the night.  Sigh.

I sincerely hope you find someone who can care for your DS. What I had to do since no one could fully commit, was find a few people who could commit some of the time and piece them together. Now I might try to find a couple backups that I probably won't need to use, just to be safe. But maybe that's an option for you? It finally did sink in for me that I needed to ask for help, but then when I asked, I felt shot down by some people. Still, things seem to be working out somewhat.

kylaskye, Congrats on your upcoming shower. It sounds nice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth-mama View Post

Poetry Lover:  I have a feeling that things will work out for you.  I also just thought that if you have a list of potential caretakers maybe you could get a friend or family member to be the one to make the phone calls, so you and your DH would only have to make one phone call and that other person could call the several potential caretakers when you go into labor then call you and tell you who will be caring for you DS.  That might make it a little less stressful.  

AFM:  I am really hoping I don't actually make it to August!  I have been telling this baby that this week would be great!! However, in the back of my mind I figure that this one could stay snuggled inside as long as August 9 (this would be the timing of when DD decided to come on out!)

That's a good idea, to have a list and have someone else call the people on it.  I know what you mean about being ready to birth the baby. My water broke with DS on my due date and he was born the day after. I wouldn't mind going a little earlier this time, but I have no reason to expect that I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

That bugs me, who is she to decide who is 'Christian' enough ... there's a few verses about how it's not her judgement call to make! (but I know the type, and know there's no point in you trying to explain that to her!). Hopefully the other friends can see past her reasoning, and your visit with the one friend goes well today, leaving you feeling like things will be well taken care of!

The visit with my friend actually went well, but she hasn't talked to her other friend about it yet. I'm just going to assume I have coverage unless I'm told otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Poetrylover: I hear you on finding someone to help. It's frustrating! We live in a tiny town with no relatives close. We have three litle girls that will need someone! I hope you find someone soon mama.

Carrie, when do you get your news?

oh ma lordy. 12 hours yesterday (3pm to 3am) of contractions 4-6min apart, lasting 50sec to a minute and a half. Dh kept wanting to go in because I was seriously struggling with them, but I could tell they weren't changing...not getting worse/stronger/longer/etc. And I didn't want them to just send me home! I'm sooooo tired today. And hopefully next time this happens it just freaking HAPPENS and doesn't mess with me. And that it doesn't happen again until AFTER August 4th! (term)

Is anyone else getting really sick of this false labor stuff? This is by far the worst I've had. I'm thinking that because I just finished my last progesterone shot last wed. that things will pick up after this wed. although I hope they don't!

Has anyone heard from Angie lately?

I hope you find/have found someone soon, as well, or that you've found them already.

Jill & Jessica, I'm afraid of false labor. Last time my water broke first, so I wonder how I'll really *know* this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post

AFM - I'm feeling really good, and I'm kind of excited by these warm-up contractions I'm having.  I hope that means something will be happening soon, since I'm 38 weeks. My daughter was born at 38+4, so I am sort of expecting another "early" baby.  My MIL is here, and it's actually not too bad. She's keeping Meadow occupied so I can get things done and rest. 

I'm glad that you have help so that you can be productive and also rest. Good luck going into labor soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

Oh wow....

I am totally bowled over.

Giant box from Canada filled to the brim with girly beauty. Dresses that would rival a princesses attire with abundance from age birth to 2 years old. So many sweet bonnets, little cottony suits of pink and lavender bliss...flowers, frills, hearts, and promises of girly delight along with a beautifully carved bead for my necklace. A big package from my sweet friend in Maine, with an adorable pink outfit and cap and two lovely beads, and finally, a small package from sweet Dawn with a hand knit cap in softest white with an ecru knit flower for a tiny wee head...

I'm overcome...

I may not have a loving family....but I certainly have amazing friends. All these women are women who lost babies at the same time as me...and now...look at the love being showered...it's enough to make my heart burst.

I'm so grateful for my sisters in life...

Congrats on your packages and all the lovely baby goodies!!

#79 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I can't believe this thread is already 3 pages! Carrie, so happy for you for your bloodwork! I hope everyone's bathroom issues resolve themselves quickly, that is no fun.

I just got home from the doctor and everything was looking good. I have been having a lot of pain at my incision scars (4 sections) and so I have been a little worried. He said at this point we're not going to "mess around" anymore and if I have pain or am contracting a lot he said just to get there rather than sit around and time them or wait and see what happens. I'm already scheduled to have the csection next Saturday (11 days!!!!!) but he said he doesn't want to risk me being two hours away and rupturing, so I'm supposed to head out as soon as anything starts. Exciting!

I know! I finally got around to responding to the first page and now the 4th. It looks like I have to skip the 2nd and 3rd pages. I read them, but just don't have time to go back and comment. Commenting must take me longer than most people. I think writing in general does. I love to write and contribute to discussions, so I'm not sure why.

Wow, if you have your baby soon, I will be wishing you the best possible birth. It's so exciting!

So you're baby lost a pound in a week according to the ultrasound? I'm definitely refusing one now! They're afraid my baby may be big, but I've already proven I don't have gestational diabetes. That's as far as I'm going.

Quote:

We were up so late last night! I went with Dusty to work while he did some server work. Computer work is so funny! He's working hard while we watch 'Universe' on Netflix. Which, by the way, is a very long series and it's totally worth watching!

Got home around 230a and we both went to bed where we lay very quietly. Around 3 or 4, I asked if he was still awake. Yup. Me, too. I seem to be completely incapable of planning food for the birth or after. I think I'll bring a loaf of bread, peanutbutter, jelly and some boiled eggs :P I feel asleep, and then woke up around 5 and asked again, and yup! He still hadn't gone to sleep. But I did! Yay!

And then his phone rang at 820 or something, right as this crazy low-flying plane was going by and the cat was starting her "HI! It's morning! Hi! Hi!" routine. I decided the plane was either a plane or an asteroid and either way, it was going to crash directly into my stomach. Sigh. So then I was awake. And really tired.

So I came to the living room and read for a bit, ate cereal and went back to bed at 1030. Then he woke up and had to deal with work things. And I slept until 1130.

Got up and my hips really hurt! So when he was done emailing, he rubbed them for me. He's the best one.

We just had a fancy lunch of grilled cheeses. Going to a friend's for dinner tonight. I'm tired. :P My cat is making me crazy and I'm surprised she even still likes me lately. Glutton for punishment, I guess. But really. Must she lick her butt ALL THE TIME? It's such a bad sound! And ALL THE TIME. Gah.

I hope you get some very restful sleep soon! I was up until 2:00 AM writing a 9 page letter, but that was by choice. Hopefully, I'll get to nap soon.

Quote:

This is AWESOME! If this continues, it will be so helpful to you, a life saver, really!!!

Quote:

If my DS were older I would probably do the same, and I'm not a big fan of TV in general and for small children in particular. But it's only for a short period of time and we've got to do what we've got to do in order to get some much needed rest. As it is, I Lock DS with me in our child proofed bedroom and if he isn't ready to nap with me, I lie with my eyes closed. I feel bad, but I'm just exhausted. If he would watch TV, I just might let him at this point.

Quote:

It's so hard when they drop. On one hand it's good and on the other it is so difficult and painful to move.

Quote:

I did, at one point think: "It's too late for me, but I should warn the people in my birth class about this."

LOL!

Quote:

And to all you mamas who are experiencing pain and discomfort, I am so sorry.  I can truly relate!!  I'm so tired right now, but I just cannot get comfortable.  Rolling over in bed is an ordeal, to say the least.  I'm using mostly my arms to totally sit myself up before pitifully flipping my hips to the other side and then lowering myself back down.  Every time.  If I try to just roll myself over without sitting up, I get intense localized pain in my hips and SP.  Enough to make me yelp!  Bebe has not dropped yet, and I'm just dreading it.  I know it's going to make my SP that much worse!  I feel very fortunate though to have nothing going on in the contractions department.  All you poor ladies with your on again, off again contractions.  I'm sure it's coming, but it just sounds batty!

I agree with Becky.  I know that I'm sure to have another one with a bowling ball head (DS was 14.75 inches), and I don't care.  I just want this baby out so that my poor pelvis can have some peace and quiet!!

I find I'm in the most pain when I've been on my feet cleaning a lot the day before. Usually for the entire next day I am good for nothing, I swear. And I have been so very tired lately, just wanting to sleep all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

Still here, still pregnant.  Started contracting last night at 5:30pm on the way to the boys' soccer game.  Had a couple that were way ouchy, but most were pretty mild.  Contractions woke me up a couple of times in the night.  And once again, since waking up I've not had any.  irked.gif  I'm incredibly sore and crampy, though.  I have some motivation still, so I'm going to try to do some baking/cooking/freezing today while the weather is cooler.  Maybe being on my feet all day will kick things up.  If I'm going to have the baby this week it will probably be tomorrow, simply because that is my son's 6th birthday.  lol  Oh, contraction!  Phew, I thought they were going to abandon me.  SInce they aren't incredibly painful I've come to welcome them in the hopes that they are doing something, no matter how small!

I'm going to try to have some motivation today. And, yes, the contractions must be helping in some way, leading you forward toward labor.

#80 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hey all!  I had a good appt this morning.  Baby is locked and loaded it seems, both my mw and her assistant said that all the ctx Ive been having and all the pressure can totally be explained by how low he is.  Also measuring around 36 instead of 38 like I had been, so they both agree he's DROPPED and ready.  All vitals look good, and now that I'm past 37 weeks, they are scaring me with saying things like, "Call us if you need us before your next appointment!" and "He can come at any time!"  ACK!  I'm really in denial that I have to HAVE this baby!!  And soon!

So, I made an appt for tomorrow at 11 to get pics taken with DD, and I'm looking fwd to it, but I literally have nothing to wear.  I have 2 striped tank tops, both of which have stains, one pair of frumpy shorts, and a bikini top.  I've been so against buying any more clothes that I'm really down to the bare minimum!  Now what?  LOL!  I don't know if I can cram these hips back into my mat jeans, but I'm going to try, I guess...

Did you guys see on FB that Peony had her baby!?  I hope it's ok that I said something, I can't contain myself!!  Hopefully she'll pop on and announce it soon (if she hasn't already while I've had this reply open!)

#81 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 AM

I read everything in this thread, but am a failure with the multiquote ever since the format changed.  So forgive me for not being able to reply to everything. 

Had my final ultrasound appointment yesterday.  Baby is still head down and weighs an estimated 7 pounds and some ounces already!  I know those measurements can be off, but they have been really consistent throughout the pregnancy, so I am not doubting it.  My family has been joking all along that this is going to be my 12 pound baby, and it looks like they may not have been too far off lol.

I am so ready for labor.  Not just sick of pregnancy in that nine month way, I just really feel like it's time to be done soon.  I always go very late though, so I am trying to just settle down and relax.  But I really do want her out, and soon.  Hopefully she will be my wild card and be born at 37 weeks.  I can dream anyways!

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#82 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Carrie, having very little to wear is part of the problem, I must admit. And I CAN'T buy anything new, so I have to make do. Now that you've mentioned it, I wonder if I can get into my maternity jeans. 

I just went back in to check my FB and what a beautiful babe!!!!!

#83 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM

I had the most horrible time with that for the longest time. You just hit multi for each post you want to quote and then for the last one, you hit both multi and quote. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I read everything in this thread, but am a failure with the multiquote ever since the format changed.  So forgive me for not being able to reply to everything. 

#84 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Wow, it sounds like some of you ladies are getting really close with all these contractions! I'm sending labor vibes to all those who are ready to go!

Quote:

I feel the same way! I'm at 39 weeks, and still don't feel like she's super low in my pelvis. I don't know if this is because she's breech or not, but I am getting headbutts to the diaphram and ribs that make me feel like throwing up, and I am so over it!

Quote:

So, I made an appt for tomorrow at 11 to get pics taken with DD, and I'm looking fwd to it, but I literally have nothing to wear.  I have 2 striped tank tops, both of which have stains, one pair of frumpy shorts, and a bikini top.  I've been so against buying any more clothes that I'm really down to the bare minimum!  Now what?  LOL!  I don't know if I can cram these hips back into my mat jeans, but I'm going to try, I guess...

Did you guys see on FB that Peony had her baby!?  I hope it's ok that I said something, I can't contain myself!!  Hopefully she'll pop on and announce it soon (if she hasn't already while I've had this reply open!)

Yay! I'm glad you're going to get the pictures, you won't regret it! You look so good in your bikini that you should just wear that :) Also, OMG Peony had her baby!!! I can't wait to hear her story and see pictures!

AFM: Last night I bit off WAY more than I could chew and made a ton of chorizo, potato and egg empanadas to stock the freezer with. About half way through rolling them out I snapped out of my cooking meditation mode and realized I was super contracty and my back and feet were killing me! I whined to DH "I don't wanna do this anymooooore!" and he laughed and said "yeah I thought you were kind of crazy taking that on at this point" well I wish he would have warned me and saved me from myself, lol! In the end I got them done and I am glad to have more good homemade food to last us through the babymoon. Tonight I am going to make more muffins and possibly breakfast burritos, and then I am calling it good!

I'm getting a little nervous because I am at 39 weeks and still don't really feel like my body is gearing up for labor very much. I get BHs that are definitely more intense than they were a few weeks ago, and I get crampy at night, and the occasional cervix twinge (I heard this could mean the beginning of dilation?). It all just feels so subtle that I have a hard time believing that anything is getting accomplished. I am getting super antsy and anxious and just want to get the ball rolling! I know most first timers go past their due date (mine is next tuesday) but I am getting impatient dammit!

#85 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 AM

I guess I'm not friends with Peony on FB because I missed that, but YAY Peony!!

Jbouck - I didn't feel like my body was doing anything with my first either, so at least you are feeling *something*. I didn't feel a darn ctx the whole time! At 41+ weeks my water broke (after one last attempt to get some prostaglandins lol) I too am at 39 weeks and except for the one night of horrid contractions, I don't feel much at all....except some pressure and random braxton hicks.

Carrie, you look great. Rock the bikini! smile.gif I have mostly been wearing non maternity capris from ON and rotating black tshirts. As if black really does have any slimming effect this late in the game, but I can pretend. I have a variety of shirts but I cannot help but feel like a watermelon in the green shirt and barney in the purple one. heh.
#86 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Yay! I'm glad you're going to get the pictures, you won't regret it! You look so good in your bikini that you should just wear that :) 

AFM: Last night I bit off WAY more than I could chew and made a ton of chorizo, potato and egg empanadas to stock the freezer with. About half way through rolling them out I snapped out of my cooking meditation mode and realized I was super contracty and my back and feet were killing me! I whined to DH "I don't wanna do this anymooooore!" and he laughed and said "yeah I thought you were kind of crazy taking that on at this point" well I wish he would have warned me and saved me from myself, lol! In the end I got them done and I am glad to have more good homemade food to last us through the babymoon. Tonight I am going to make more muffins and possibly breakfast burritos, and then I am calling it good!

I'm getting a little nervous because I am at 39 weeks and still don't really feel like my body is gearing up for labor very much. I get BHs that are definitely more intense than they were a few weeks ago, and I get crampy at night, and the occasional cervix twinge (I heard this could mean the beginning of dilation?). It all just feels so subtle that I have a hard time believing that anything is getting accomplished. I am getting super antsy and anxious and just want to get the ball rolling! I know most first timers go past their due date (mine is next tuesday) but I am getting impatient dammit!

That made me chuckle!!  Could you imagine me showing up at JCPenney in my orange bikini and being like, Ok lets do this!! thumbsup.gif

Ha - and I've also BTDT with biting off more than you can chew.  I'll get halfway through a huge cleaning purge or organizational task and then all of a sudden wake up and be like OMGGG I HAVE TO FINISH THIS??!??

And labor is so fickle.  You might not have ANY gearing up and your body will just click into labor when it's ready.  Don't worry.  Nobody is pregnant forever, even though it might feel that way now.  I wish I were due next Tuesday, I still have 20 days technically!  Hang in there.  I didn't realize E flipped out of transverse and is back to breech, though, at least that's a positive thing, right?  

#87 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM

Had my 36 week mw visit.  Everything is good, though I apparently need more vit C.  At least that's easy enough to do.  Baby is still hard to place, but they are fairly sure that he is head down on the right.  They want my chiro to double check tomorrow, as three opinions are better than two.  They did conform that we could try a breech birth, if it came to that.  They also agreed that he has dropped!  I'm on weekly visits now.  I'm getting so close!!!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#88 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM

Getting ready for midwife appt. Honestly...I just so wish I looked forward to these. Maybe I should just ask her to STOP weighing me as it makes me feel like crap. I've only got 5 weeks to go, how much damage could I really DO in five weeks? Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn. wild.gif

My little bear got a dragonfly to crawl onto his hand this morning, where it sat contentedly for several minutes before it opted to fly away...he was over the moon about it. Then, he got to run through a wave sculpture after his swimming lesson, and then, we saw twin baby deer playing in a field. I bought him and his brother a soda (something I nnnnneeeeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrr do...) for the walk home, and his darling little face beamed as he said that this was "The best day in his WHOLE life"...ah sweet love....I'm so happy I got to be part of the best day of his whole life. luxlove.gif

All this talk about Dr. Pepper is really messing with me. I haven't had one for years...and now, all I want is a dr. pepper!!! But nooooooooooo, I will be weighed and scolded no matter what I do...so I will just have to avoid it. I do NOT have diabetes. I am healthy! I am sick of being treated like I'm sick because I'm a full bodied woman. Screw bariatrisism. There are tons of studies to show that an active FAT person is more healthy than an inactive SKINNY person. I have great blood levels. My heart is FINE. I have low cholesterol and NO sign of diabetes. I can probably STILL out hike my skinny midwife at 35 weeks pregnant! but...I'm FAT so I get judged. And I want a dr. pepper ice cream float. Poo. I never eat things like that. I want icee's and floats. bah.

Five more weeks. I think it is unfair to tell me I can't have whatever I want at this point.

It's only five more weeks...

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#89 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 03:14 PM

EB, I'm sorry you don't enjoy your appts. That must be really frustrating to not mesh with your midwife greensad.gif One of the things in this world that makes me so angry is people who make pregnant women feel guilty about their bodies! I think this is one time in a girl's life that she should be made to feel nothing but gorgeous in every way. It is absurd that anyone should be feeling guilty about how they look when they are doing such amazing work with that body! I stand backwards on the scale and tell my providers I do not want to know the number unless there is a dire threat to myself or the baby. Knowing the number puts it in the back of my mind to pop up as "Should you really be eating that?" "Do you think seconds are the best idea?" etc and in my opinion, those thoughts have nothing beneficial to offer a pregnant woman. And for the record, I gained 80, 65, 65, 60 and ? with each of mine and they are all healthy, dr never said a word, and it came off.

I would tell your midwife that you either do not want to be weighed, do not want to know the number, or that you don't want her opinion on it unless it is a problem beyond vanity.

hug.gif

#90 of 191 Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 PM

I told my son that if he tells me to eat it and it won't kill us, I'm eating it.

I don't think I even gained any weight until, what, nearly the third trimester? Halfway through the second?

And now I flat out don't care. If all we want to eat is bagels and ice cream, that's what I'm eating. I don't care. I wasn't thin before I got knocked up, I won't be after the baby crawls out and so what? If anyone lost their mind enough to try to talk to me about my weight (252, oh my!), I don't think they'd like where the conversation would end up ;) Gimme a shot of beer, a bowl of ice cream and go away :P

Also, Blue Sky Dr. Becker is soooo good! Like Dr. Pepper but with real sugar and much happiness ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Tags
Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra , Milk Nursingwear Braided Organic Cotton Nursing And Maternity Nightgown , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page