We Made It! Chat Thread - July 25 thru AUGUST 1!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

Thinking of you Jessica! I hope they start getting closer together and stay that way!

I am self medicating for a UTI - maybe a bad move, but I KNOW that's what it is. I was questioning it last night until it just kept getting worse and worse and I was literally up every five minutes peeing droplets with the urge to empty a full bladder! They thought I had a UTI a couple months ago but I didn't so I still had my full dose of Macrobid. I started taking that last night and today I feel almost complete relief. The downside? Umm yeah - I have about 4 days till my due date and while last time I was on abx the entire pregnancy, I'm not sure how my body will react this time. Which may mean I'm dealing with yeast here soon. Doing the quality probiotics and will probably use some preventative tto and gse, but damn.....didn't want to deal with this! I also didn't want to go in to the office for a pee check considering I was just there two days ago. Hopefully I don't get yelled at!

I can't believe there's a huge chance I'll go until my due date or after. Seems so weird that I already had my son a week ago by dates! This one just seems content where he is!

Good luck to everyone having contractions!

Ugh, I would be super grumpy if I were past my last birth by dates, too.  I would seriously consider getting the at home test strips to see if you really do have a UTI, though it sounds like you do.  Flush with lots of water (a gallon a day if possible) and if you do start to feel itchy, I cannot CANNOT recommend garlic strongly enough.  I did it for 3 nights at the end of my round of abx and I'm FINE.  No itching and I was terrified of yeast.  I always, always, always get a yeast infection from abx and this is the first time in my entire life that I did not.  And continue the probiotics for a long time -- well after baby comes -- to keep thrush at bay.  hug2.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#122 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 PM

Home visit went well, although I didn't get everything done I had planned to before hand. DS didn't stay asleep long enough, and I just got too tired at the same time.

I decided to take the GBS test, but my MW will let me retest if it comes back positive, so I'm not going to worry about it. She also recommended I take EPO starting at 37 weeks to help ripen things up. Can I use just any EPO or are some better than others?

Baby seems to be back on my right and heading posterior, so looks like I'm going to have to try turning this baby around over the next couple of weeks, then hope they stay put for labor. I really don't want another mal-positioned baby.

Next appointment isn't until 11th and I'll be full term by then. biggrinbounce.gif

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#123 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Italianmom- that's beyond awful. I'm so sorry. I really really hope that  the chiropractor can help and that you have a baby as soon as feasible :(:(

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#124 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

AFM - OMG.  The pictures came out SO CUTE!!  I'm really happy we did them.  I will definitely be sharing them as soon as I get them!  I ordered the CD with all the images so I'll have full rights to share them.  DH came and we got a few really nice family pictures, too.  Totally worth doing!  The only thing was I had NO idea how long my hair had gotten, and it took me forever to blow dry it, and b/c of that, I just could not get it to flat iron nice enough b/c we were running so incredibly late for the appt, and then it was like 90 degrees and muggy outside.  Add to that rushing, and wearing long pants, and man.  It wasn't pretty.  So, my hair is a bit of a mess in the pictures.  But whatever!  I got my pics.  Now Finn can come!! Haha!!

It's awesome that your pics came out so great! I can't wait to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

I saw the chiro today and he confirmed that yes, baby is still head down and it seems last night's ctx moved him to the left side in a very good position.  He actually is curled up like a fetus for once.  I hope he stays put now!  I texted my midwives and they were happy.  One did tell me to drink more water and to lie down if I get those kind of contractions again.  *sigh* I know she's right, it's still early, but I want to be done!

Congrats on baby being in a good position! Mine was and I'm hoping s/he still is, but it's been difficult for me to tell lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

Well my GBS results came back positive.  Sucky, sucky, sucky.  Heplock and antibiotics, which also means laboring mostly in the hospital and not at home, for me.  On the positive side, I've been having painful contractions for a few hours that haven't stopped with activity changes.  fingersx.gif  Now they just need to start getting closer together and even stronger! 

So sorry about your GBS + results. I'm going to ask to be tested tomorrow, and I know, having tested positive last pregnancy, how stressful it can be, especially as pertains to the hospital. goodvibes.gif Sending good birthing vibes your way, Mama. hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Good appointment today.

Minus the cervical check - that frigging hurts! But! I'm dilating! Just at one, but I'm doing something! ;)

Charlie always headbutts her when she's checking, it's very funny.

Yay for dilating! I can't wait to see how much I'm dilated, if any. LOL Charlie is so funny, protective already of his mama. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamera View Post

I feel so behind with all the preparations, but I still have NO motivation. I haven't even taken the newborn clothes out of our storage unit, much less washed them and put them away. I have all my supplies for the home birth, but I didn't separate them into bags yet. I haven't made my birthing necklace because I haven't bought anything to string the beads on. My house is a mess. And what am I doing about it? Nothing. I'm sitting here reading posts and wasting time on Facebook LOL!

I'm the same here. I have ZERO motivation. I'm so afraid I'm going to have this baby before I get my act together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I am self medicating for a UTI - maybe a bad move, but I KNOW that's what it is. I was questioning it last night until it just kept getting worse and worse and I was literally up every five minutes peeing droplets with the urge to empty a full bladder! They thought I had a UTI a couple months ago but I didn't so I still had my full dose of Macrobid. I started taking that last night and today I feel almost complete relief. The downside? Umm yeah - I have about 4 days till my due date and while last time I was on abx the entire pregnancy, I'm not sure how my body will react this time. Which may mean I'm dealing with yeast here soon. Doing the quality probiotics and will probably use some preventative tto and gse, but damn.....didn't want to deal with this! I also didn't want to go in to the office for a pee check considering I was just there two days ago. Hopefully I don't get yelled at!

Oh--I'm so sorry about the UTI. What a horrible thing to have to deal with this late in pregnancy. But at least you know what it is, have medication, and are armed with the knowledge of kicking a possible yeast infection. I might do the garlic as a precaution for a yeast infection, just to be extra safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

AFM -- My pevlis is just destroyed today.  I have no idea what I did, but I'm not walking well.  My midwife had confirmed yesterday that bebe dropped, so maybe it's just the extra stress on my pelvis now, but my hips are taking turns seizing up.  They're jutting out, and when I move anywhere my SP just crunch, crunch, crunches away.  I scheduled an emergency chiropractic session tomorrow afternoon that we really can't afford at this point, but I just don't know what else to do.  By noon I was having trouble getting off the bed without crying, and I had to call DH home from work for a few hours to watch DS so that I could take a bath, as that's the only thing that seems to provide me some relief.  At least he's salary.  Sigh.  They're feeling a bit better after the long bath, and spending several hours in bed with DS while he napped.  But forget about chores...  Funny how just 10 short months can take you from fit and strong, to a puddle of worthless jelly.  Bah.

I am so ready to have my body back -- to get up out of bed, to play with my kid, to not be in pain every step of every day.  It's exhausting.

I'm so sorry about your poor pelvis. I would stay off your feet as much as you can, take warm baths and just try to relax (seemingly impossible with an active toddler, I know). The good news is that it's almost Friday and as long as your DH doesn't work weekends, you may have help so that you can rest.

I hear you on wanting my body back, especially the toll that 10 months can take on one's body. It's amazing, really. But we'll be on the other side soon. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Home visit went well, although I didn't get everything done I had planned to before hand. DS didn't stay asleep long enough, and I just got too tired at the same time.

I decided to take the GBS test, but my MW will let me retest if it comes back positive, so I'm not going to worry about it. She also recommended I take EPO starting at 37 weeks to help ripen things up. Can I use just any EPO or are some better than others?

Baby seems to be back on my right and heading posterior, so looks like I'm going to have to try turning this baby around over the next couple of weeks, then hope they stay put for labor. I really don't want another mal-positioned baby.

Next appointment isn't until 11th and I'll be full term by then. biggrinbounce.gif

Good luck on the GBS test and it's great that you don't have to worry as you can retest if need be. That's awesome! Good luck turning the baby, too.

I'm not qualified to answer your EPO question, as I don't know what the acronym stands for, which means that even if I were familiar with the acronym, I wouldn't possess the knowledge to help you. innocent.gif

AFM, my 37 week appointment is tomorrow at 11. I have to take DS with me and he really dislikes it when the midwife touches me at all.  But I really need to get the swab done to test for GBS. I've done garlic for 6 nights, excluding last night and tonight. So we'll see how the results turn out. I tested positive last pregnancy and am really hoping for a negative this time around. I want them to leave both the babe and myself alone. 

Something strange: lately I've been thinking of the babe as a boy, and I've spent much of the pregnancy thinking of the babe as a girl. I seem to be carrying like I'm carrying a girl, but I just don't know.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now.

#125 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 PM

I'm so spoiled. I've been not feeling well the last few days so I had a fit yesterday. Dusty pretty much tells me yes to anything I ask (and I only ask because it's his money, if I still made some, there'd be no asking!).

On Sunday I have an appointment to get a massage from my friend. She's amazing. Pretty much just -loves- you. That's what it feels like. Best thing ever.

And then Monday, my doula is coming over to give me a footbath/scrub/foot massage, a half hour belly rub and do a belly cast.

So I've told Charlie that sometime Monday night or later will do fine, he should hang out a bit ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#126 of 191 Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 PM

I am so so so jealous of everyone having their babies! I just want my little man here! Unfortunately, my OB says he's not coming any time soon. My cervix is still fully posterior, barely 1cm dilated, and still over 4cm long. I'm only 38 weeks, but I'm so ready to meet him and hold him and see DH become a daddy! I am with you ladies who can't get motivated! I'm motivated to color my hair and do a mani pedi and other stuff so I don't look haggard in those first pictures, but I can hardly bring myself to do housework, lol. Luckily, DH has lots of teenage sisters who will do housework cheap, so I'm taking advantage of that. Also, as ready as I am to meet this baby, there's a kids' consignment sale next weekend that I really really want to go to so I hope he stays in til then. I have such mixed emotions!

Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
#127 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 03:55 AM

haven't been able to catch up in everyone's world, but it sounds like not only are babies coming, but sweet family pictures are getting taken, hooray for massages on sunday (me too!!! i think my first massage therapist massage...ever!! though i have had some wonderful massages, just not in years....), good baby positions and tricky baby genders. i'm in that last boat too.....who is this litlle beast? i get the flutters just thinking about how soon i get to meet little one.

i just had to throw a post on here to laugh at myself. i am such a pregnant lady. here it is, nearing 4 in the morning, and i just scrubbed every inch of the bathroom, mopped and scrubbed walls in the kitchen, made some rrl/nettle tea, and am eating corn on the cob in a peaceful slump. my 15 year old nephew is visiting, and finally after an hour and a half of hearing me clean, he asks "are you ok?" he is a sweetie....i laughed and told him. "i'm fine. i'm sorry. it's 3 am and i'm mopping the floors." lol.gif

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#128 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I'm so spoiled. I've been not feeling well the last few days so I had a fit yesterday. Dusty pretty much tells me yes to anything I ask (and I only ask because it's his money, if I still made some, there'd be no asking!).

On Sunday I have an appointment to get a massage from my friend. She's amazing. Pretty much just -loves- you. That's what it feels like. Best thing ever.

And then Monday, my doula is coming over to give me a footbath/scrub/foot massage, a half hour belly rub and do a belly cast.

So I've told Charlie that sometime Monday night or later will do fine, he should hang out a bit ;)

Oh that sounds wonderful! I've only had one massage in my life and it was at the hospital after I had my first. You have a great weekend planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstella View Post

I am so so so jealous of everyone having their babies! I just want my little man here! Unfortunately, my OB says he's not coming any time soon. My cervix is still fully posterior, barely 1cm dilated, and still over 4cm long. I'm only 38 weeks, but I'm so ready to meet him and hold him and see DH become a daddy! I am with you ladies who can't get motivated! I'm motivated to color my hair and do a mani pedi and other stuff so I don't look haggard in those first pictures, but I can hardly bring myself to do housework, lol. Luckily, DH has lots of teenage sisters who will do housework cheap, so I'm taking advantage of that. Also, as ready as I am to meet this baby, there's a kids' consignment sale next weekend that I really really want to go to so I hope he stays in til then. I have such mixed emotions!

I have mixed emotions too, so ready and then maybe one more day orngtongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

haven't been able to catch up in everyone's world, but it sounds like not only are babies coming, but sweet family pictures are getting taken, hooray for massages on sunday (me too!!! i think my first massage therapist massage...ever!! though i have had some wonderful massages, just not in years....), good baby positions and tricky baby genders. i'm in that last boat too.....who is this litlle beast? i get the flutters just thinking about how soon i get to meet little one.

i just had to throw a post on here to laugh at myself. i am such a pregnant lady. here it is, nearing 4 in the morning, and i just scrubbed every inch of the bathroom, mopped and scrubbed walls in the kitchen, made some rrl/nettle tea, and am eating corn on the cob in a peaceful slump. my 15 year old nephew is visiting, and finally after an hour and a half of hearing me clean, he asks "are you ok?" he is a sweetie....i laughed and told him. "i'm fine. i'm sorry. it's 3 am and i'm mopping the floors." lol.gif

Love it! Someone can come clean my floors in the night...there is even leftover corn on the cob in my fridge thumb.gif

AFM~ I have a silly "woe is me" that has been bothering me. This could be our last baby. I have gotten the experience of labor, but I will never get the experience of pushing and I have made peace with that. What is bugging me though is I have never lost my plug or had my water break. My csection is scheduled in 8 days, so time is running out for either of these things to happen. I know it is really silly and trivial, but it makes me sad!

Today I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been in my life. All my other kids came yesterday lol.gif

#129 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 AM

I'll be back to respond to others' posts a little later. I just walked in the door from my midwife appointment, have to feed and change DS and, boy, do I need a nap!

I have a quick question, though, about the GBS swab. My midwife did the swab in both my vagina and butt. I inserted a clove of garlic in my vagina for 6 nights in a row and the last 2 nights before the test, I did nothing. My question is does the garlic only help the vaginal swab to be negative, or is it kind of an all over thing, like if the vaginal swab is negative, the one in the hiney will be negative, too? She told me if it's positive, I can't retest, so I'm a little worked up. I'd hoped that she would just do the vaginal swab.

Aside from that I'm about 1 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, babe has dropped and is in perfect position. I'm measuring 37 weeks at 37 weeks (probably because babe has dropped). I gained about a pound in 4 weeks. The midwife seems to think the baby won't be big, which is the first time I've heard that this pregnancy. They've hounded me for most of the pregnancy with concerns the baby would be big, even mentioning a C-section at one point. Last pregnancy, my midwife told me I would have about a 7 pound baby and he was almost 10! But they can think what they want as long as they leave me alone. smile.gif

#130 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 AM

You're so right- worrying wont help - it could hurt :) - Our situations sound so similar yet we labored very differently in some ways.  I was not in a hospital, no time line, didnt know position either...contractions were back to back for almost a day - and i have a very tiny frame as well (5'3" and "normally" around 95 lbs) - so I guess it just is what it is :)

#131 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 PM

I did not sleep well at all last night.  I got up at 9:30 to go to my psychiatrist, was home by 10:30 or so and went right back to bed.  I still hardly slept and finally called it quits at 2:30.

I am in so much pain now.  Ever since the baby dropped my tailbone and pubic bone are in agony.  Sometimes I can hardly walk!  I saw my chiro on Thursday, but it only helped a little.  I guess it's just how a heavy baby that deep in your pelvis feels.

My ctx were pretty irregular last night, which I suppose is good.  I do really feel like my body 'gets' birth better since he dropped and got into a good birth position.  I obviously won't truly until I do it, but I can feel how it all lines up and imagine how I will get the baby out of me much better than before.  His movements have changed since he got into position.  He stays curled up mostly and wiggles instead of doing his kunk fu moves.  I'm just now 37 weeks, so I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I feel ready and I am getting the sense that baby is nearly ready. Even Hubby is on board for him to come sooner rather than later, though that might just be so I quit complaining! :P

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#132 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Read everything... love you all! Just feeling rotten about my son's bunny having to be put down (see complain thread), so I'm just checking in to feel connected to life and love. Keep smiling mama's....

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#133 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM

I've been following this thread, and even though I don't always post them, I am thinking encouraging thoughts for you all!

Today I realized that I'll never have this baby if I keep procrastinating all the final things I have to do at my office before I can go on my maternity leave. So I made a giant list today, and have been dutifully crossing everything off one by one. Off to clean up my absurdly crowded email inbox....!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#134 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 05:29 PM

I have an acupuncture and herbalist appointment tomorrow morning.  There has never been a darn thing that's worked to get labor going for me (except for breaking my water lol), but I continue hoping I guess.  I needed to find a new local acupuncturist anyways, and she seems really nice.  And if she triggers labor...bonus!

Sometimes I wonder if my body actually knows how to go into labor on it's own.  It sure doesn't seem to, and all the positive affirmations and thinking has done nothing to improve the situation.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#135 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

I did not sleep well at all last night.  I got up at 9:30 to go to my psychiatrist, was home by 10:30 or so and went right back to bed.  I still hardly slept and finally called it quits at 2:30.

I am in so much pain now.  Ever since the baby dropped my tailbone and pubic bone are in agony.  Sometimes I can hardly walk!  I saw my chiro on Thursday, but it only helped a little.  I guess it's just how a heavy baby that deep in your pelvis feels.

My ctx were pretty irregular last night, which I suppose is good.  I do really feel like my body 'gets' birth better since he dropped and got into a good birth position.  I obviously won't truly until I do it, but I can feel how it all lines up and imagine how I will get the baby out of me much better than before.  His movements have changed since he got into position.  He stays curled up mostly and wiggles instead of doing his kunk fu moves.  I'm just now 37 weeks, so I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I feel ready and I am getting the sense that baby is nearly ready. Even Hubby is on board for him to come sooner rather than later, though that might just be so I quit complaining! :P

Not sleeping is so awful! I do the same things when we have to get up in the morning, get up, do whatever errand and then come back and go to sleep. Dropped DF off at the airport this morning and came back and slept for three hours.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain! I imagine that doesn't help with the sleep issue. Do you have a birthing ball? I got one (well, I think it's for yoga or something, but whatever) and sitting on it makes me feel so much better than anything else. I also asked my chiro to do the pelvic release from spinning babies, and it really helped. I agree with you, though, my chiro asks how my hips feel and I always say "Well not great, but I guess that's what happens with someone's head between them.

I'm feeling a little frustrated because, long story short, I was diagnosed with polyhydramnios around 24 weeks. My fluid level was 35.6, which is really high. Then in the next few weeks it dropped to 34, then a few weeks later it was 32, and then at the last ultrasound it was down to 21, which is the high end of normal. Hooray! At that time my fundal height was 38cm. Two weeks later it was 37.5 and then two weeks after that (yesterday) it was 39. My weight gain has been right on track, too. But they still want me to go in for another ultrasound. It really bothers me, because I don't like going in and getting them and I feel like even though my fundal height is higher than it "should" be, it's been staying right on track with appropriate growth. It hasn't jumped up a ton like it did when the poly started. Wouldn't it be worse for it to be shrinking? I really want to just be left alone now, but my midwives are kind of back and forth about if they're comfortable with me not getting another ultrasound. I don't know, what do you all think? Basically at this point they ruled out anything being wrong with the baby, and the poly cleared up so... why keep poking around?

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#136 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

Basically at this point they ruled out anything being wrong with the baby, and the poly cleared up so... why keep poking around?

Just me, but...  I would probably decline for now.  Rather than saying no to the ultrasound, I would say to WAIT on another US.  Tell them you'd like to wait a week and see how your measurements are looking at your next appointment.  I assume that at this point you're up to one visit each week?  Or at the very least, demand a darn good explanation for what exactly another US would tell them.  What are the benefits at this point?  What are the risks of not doing anything?  Are the risks really going to be huge if you wait a week?  Just my two cents, but as someone who was needlessly worried from an unnecessary US in my first pregnancy...  I dunno.  I wouldn't rule out doing another, but I would want a better explanation for getting one than a single week of measurements and slight nervousness on the part of my midwives.

Melaya, I'll probably be heading in for some acupuncture too soon-ish.  I'm waiting a few more weeks.  I don't think it will do much for my hips, but I had great results in acupuncture helping me to go into labor!

So tomorrow is our BaByQue.  We ended up just deciding to go with the earlier date, and hoping that people could make it.  It won't be a huge turnout, but should still be okay.  I think it was important for DH...  He's really really excited about it.  And at least there will be plenty of other parents and kids there so that I can kind of ignore DS for a few hours.  I'm planning on just sitting in a lawn chair.  Hopefully I won't be too tired.  And if I get sick from being around all the kids, well, then I have a few weeks to recover before we really get into "baby time."

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#137 of 191 Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So tomorrow is our BaByQue.  We ended up just deciding to go with the earlier date, and hoping that people could make it.  It won't be a huge turnout, but should still be okay.  I think it was important for DH...  He's really really excited about it.  And at least there will be plenty of other parents and kids there so that I can kind of ignore DS for a few hours.  I'm planning on just sitting in a lawn chair.  Hopefully I won't be too tired.  And if I get sick from being around all the kids, well, then I have a few weeks to recover before we really get into "baby time."

Oh good.  I'm glad you're doing it!  I think you'll have more "fun" than you anticipate -- definitely let us know how it all goes.

So, I went to the spa and got my hair cut today and hung out with my girls for a bit.  It was so nice to just have an afternoon to myself!  Of course, I can't rest when I have the afternoon off, so I ran around and got the champagne for after the birth and went to BRU for a few more things.  I got breast shells (I have flat nips), a shield, some nursing pads, and a bottle drying rack.  I added a few more things to my registry too.

Oh - for those who are waiting for your BRU coupons, yeah.  They apparently suck at mailing them out.  YOu're supposed to get them 2 weeks before your EDD and I had July 24th in as my EDD.  I never got my coupon, so I asked and they HAVE them at the registry desk.  If you go and tell them you never got it, they'll give you it right then and there.  It's just a 15% off coupon for whatever is left on your list.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#138 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 11:38 AM

i had my first real labor dream last night... it was so technical. i could feel a bulging bag of waters, the whoosh of waters breaking, the baby's head, and then the final release of pushing baby through to earthside. i caught him....and remember the fumbling of that, and in the fumbling felt his little testicles. a little boy! i remember the midwife standing by, and i was calmly giving her a play by play throughout the scene of my dream. lol.gif

i am waiting to see gender until baby comes....and i have been so back and forth on what my feelings have been. i have dreamt of little boys and girls...oh my, it feels unreal that i am going to snuggle this little beast soon! i am seriously in the state of utter shock that there will be a baby in my arms at some point in the next two weeks.  eeeeee! and then there's the whole element of who this little babe will be  !?!  so excited. i am "officially" 40 weeks on tuesday, thought there was the possible earlier due date which threw off my expectations. eager though i am to meet this new beastie, i am glad babe is still cooking...i am getting some major things accomplished in these last days. but when oh when will babe choose their birthday????   lurk.gif

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#139 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 03:04 PM

elevena, what an interesting dream!  lol

AFM, I've had bloody show for the last few hours and some miserable cramps.  Cross your fingers that this is finally real labor beginning.  I've come to expect and mostly ignore the contractions, but bloody show and cramps are harder to not get excited about. 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#140 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Jessica I hope things will take off for you real soon!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#141 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Carrie -- Sounds like a wonderful afternoon.  And buying champagne still sounds relaxing to me orngbiggrin.gif

Elevena -- I LOVE birth dreams!  Did you feel any pain in yours?  I never feel much pain in mine, and I'm always shocked when it's over at how easy the birth was.  I know it's just my brain's wishful thinking, but it would be so nice!!  I'm excited to hear what you're having thumb.gif

Jessica -- You poor mama, I will keep fingers crossed that these are FINALLY the signs of actual labor.  You've had it so much rougher than most of us with the months of contractions.  Prayin' that it's swift and SOON!

AFM -- Had a really nice time at the BaByQue yesterday.  Got to see a lot of good friends, and it's really very sweet to see all of your friends' children running around together.  I've known this group of people for over a decade now, and despite differences, there is something very magical about seeing all the sweet kiddos you've made, and how everyone has grown into families and adulthood.  I was a teenager with many of those folks and now... It was just very heartwarming.  And there was great food for the preggo lady!  Had to leave before I wanted to because my feet were too swollen, but it was nice to feel loved for an afternoon, and I know it meant so much to DH.  He didn't get any kind of celebration with our first, so having people who are also his dear friends there to congratulate and support him meant very much to him.  I'm glad he was able to get some love too!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#142 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Michelle - That BBQ sounds like such a good time!  I'm sorry your feet weren't behaving, that is the pits.  But good food kinda makes up for it!

And FWIW, I never feel pain in my labor/birth dreams!  I'm always very chill and it barely tickles. Ha!  Wish it were so IRL.

So, AFM -   I'm just...idk.  I'm in a weird place.  I feel very much like I want to be alone, in my own space, not talk to anyone.  Like being a hermit is the most wonderful thing there could be.  DH keeps taking Nora out and I just sit home, sometimes nesting, most of the time doing nothing, but I just want to be by myself.  I'm feeling a little aggravated by prodromal labor, it keeps me up at night and I'm tired all day.  I wish I could get back outside and walk, but I'm so damn tired.  And honestly, the walks wipe me out so much!!!  I wish I had just a *little bit* more energy to get through the day. 

OMG -- I forgot to tell you guys about this.  My MIL blind sided me the other day with the circ thing.  Out of nowhere she asked how we would get it done since we are having the baby at home.   I looked at her and said, we aren't.  Silence.  Well, of course the conversation went as you could imagine, she definitely doesn't agree with our choice, but she of course has absolutely no say in the matter.  Her only "real concern" was about locker room teasing, to which I replied, "Well thats just not a good enough reason for me to mutilate my son's penis."  I felt completely unprepared and a little attacked, and made it clear to her that it was not up for discussion.  She was hesitant but thankfully let the subject drop.  As DH said to me when I told him what happened, she already got to express her opinion 3 times (she has 3 circ'ed boys) so she can STFU.

But, as for today, I spent the whole afternoon floating in my ILs pool.  I'm SO GLAD I WENT.  I was in such a grumpy mood this morning and yesterday and now I feel good!  I was still having pretty decent ctx all day, even in the pool, but they aren't real.  I think I'm resigned to the fact that I have at least 2 weeks left, so I might as well not get my hopes up and just try to get thru this time as happily as I can.  Little dude will come when he's ready.

#143 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jessica - I hope it's the real deal this time!

Italiamom - Glad your BBQ was fun smile.gif

My due date is tomorrow.  I am getting so impatient!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#144 of 191 Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Michelle - That BBQ sounds like such a good time!  I'm sorry your feet weren't behaving, that is the pits.  But good food kinda makes up for it!

OMG -- I forgot to tell you guys about this.  My MIL blind sided me the other day with the circ thing.  Out of nowhere she asked how we would get it done since we are having the baby at home.   I looked at her and said, we aren't.  Silence.  Well, of course the conversation went as you could imagine, she definitely doesn't agree with our choice, but she of course has absolutely no say in the matter.  Her only "real concern" was about locker room teasing, to which I replied, "Well thats just not a good enough reason for me to mutilate my son's penis."  I felt completely unprepared and a little attacked, and made it clear to her that it was not up for discussion.  She was hesitant but thankfully let the subject drop.  As DH said to me when I told him what happened, she already got to express her opinion 3 times (she has 3 circ'ed boys) so she can STFU.

GOOD for you for standing up for yourself mama!!  And for your little boy!!  The locker room argument is the worst to me, just because DH isn't circ'd and nary a soul ever mentioned it to him growing up.  And he played soccer all through Jr. High and High School, so he's spent many an hour in a locker room!

One thing you'll ABSOLUTELY want to remember, is to give MIL the 411 on how to care for a circ'd penis before she takes care of him, or handles him.  If she's going to change his diaper (or possibly going to), remember to remind her that she should NOT retract it, that she can ONLY wipe from base to tip.  And remind her more than once.  It's wonderful to have someone else change the baby for you in those first few weeks, but for people who've never handled a circ'd penis...  Basically, you should remind her, and be sure your DH knows to remind her and anyone else who will come into contact with his penis!!

#145 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 AM

I reported the spam.

I just hopped on to update you all.  Sorry for not responding to other posts.  Like Carrie, I'm kind of in a hermit-like state right now and just want to be left alone to do absolutely nothing.  I've continued to have bloody show since 3pm yesterday.  At my trip to L&D for false labor just over a week ago I was 1cm and 70% effaced, so I'm guessing all of the bloody show means I've made some more progress.  I had cramps from 3pm yesterday to 3am this morning.  At about 2:30 the cramps got so bad that they woke me up, and by 3am I was having contractions.  I got up and folded some towels that I hadn't gotten to yesterday and the contractions continued while I was up and about.  I decided that since I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake everyone else up that I would come downstairs.  I forgot the ball and the iPod, though, and our stairs are creaky so I didn't want to go back up for them and risk waking anyone.  So I tidied up and then ate some oatmeal and had a cup of tea around 4am.  After that I decided to sit down to rest for a while, and the contractions started to slow.  I got back up, but moving didn't get them to start again, so I gave up and fell asleep in the recliner.  Now I'm just trying to decide if I should try to get things going again, or save my energy.  I'm leaning towards saving my energy and trying to just go about my day, but I have no plans and I'm having a hard time focusing on anything other than all of these labor signs.  So that's about it for me.  Now I'm off to hide in my cave. 

I hope to see more birth announcements if I check in later today! 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#146 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 AM

The spam is dead and gone, thanks to Thandiwe!  Carry on. :D

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#147 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
GOOD for you for standing up for yourself mama!!  And for your little boy!!  The locker room argument is the worst to me, just because DH isn't circ'd and nary a soul ever mentioned it to him growing up.  And he played soccer all through Jr. High and High School, so he's spent many an hour in a locker room!

One thing you'll ABSOLUTELY want to remember, is to give MIL the 411 on how to care for a circ'd penis before she takes care of him, or handles him.  If she's going to change his diaper (or possibly going to), remember to remind her that she should NOT retract it, that she can ONLY wipe from base to tip.  And remind her more than once.  It's wonderful to have someone else change the baby for you in those first few weeks, but for people who've never handled a circ'd penis...  Basically, you should remind her, and be sure your DH knows to remind her and anyone else who will come into contact with his penis!!

Yes!  Don't worry I will for sure.  I don't want any issues.  I was really hoping it wouldn't even come up, but apparently it's everyone's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

I reported the spam.

I just hopped on to update you all.  Sorry for not responding to other posts.  Like Carrie, I'm kind of in a hermit-like state right now and just want to be left alone to do absolutely nothing.  I've continued to have bloody show since 3pm yesterday.  At my trip to L&D for false labor just over a week ago I was 1cm and 70% effaced, so I'm guessing all of the bloody show means I've made some more progress.  I had cramps from 3pm yesterday to 3am this morning.  At about 2:30 the cramps got so bad that they woke me up, and by 3am I was having contractions.  I got up and folded some towels that I hadn't gotten to yesterday and the contractions continued while I was up and about.  I decided that since I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake everyone else up that I would come downstairs.  I forgot the ball and the iPod, though, and our stairs are creaky so I didn't want to go back up for them and risk waking anyone.  So I tidied up and then ate some oatmeal and had a cup of tea around 4am.  After that I decided to sit down to rest for a while, and the contractions started to slow.  I got back up, but moving didn't get them to start again, so I gave up and fell asleep in the recliner.  Now I'm just trying to decide if I should try to get things going again, or save my energy.  I'm leaning towards saving my energy and trying to just go about my day, but I have no plans and I'm having a hard time focusing on anything other than all of these labor signs.  So that's about it for me.  Now I'm off to hide in my cave. 

I hope to see more birth announcements if I check in later today! 

Thanks for reporting it!  What a PITA.

And man.  I'm sorry.  I'm sort of there with you -- I really just want to retreat but have to keep going.  I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so I still have plenty of time before he's due to put up with this.  After yesterday Im in a better place and I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that this baby isn't coming before he is due.  I vote save your energy.  I was thinking of taking a walk with DD but now I'm rethinking it and wondering if it would just be better to save my energy.

We got crap sleep last night.  DD fell asleep in the car on the way home from grandmas so I just put her in her bed when we got home at 8.  She woke up at 4am from a dream, and then wanted me to lay with her.  Well, she would just not go back to sleep!  She was tossing and turning and kicking me and fidgeting for like AN HOUR.  We did eventually fall back alseep and slept til 9 ish, but man.  It was annoying!

#148 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 AM

I'm back! orngtongue.gif We have been super busy ever since DH got home last month! He has been off work, and then we went to Disney World which was AMAZING! I'm so ready to have this baby, but I still have almost a month. I don't really expect to have him early either since my others weren't early. I had another ultrasound last week, and he is measuring 6 lbs 12oz already. That is what my last baby was when she was born! haha! I am expecting him to be around 8lbs like my older two. He also has hair! That is exciting. haha. My middle girl had hair at birth, but not the other two.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#149 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Jessica, my vote is for saving your energy too.  It sounds like this little one is close anyway...  You'll be so much better off if you go rested in 3 days, than being exhausted and going today, yk?  I KNOW there's the temptation to do anything you can (I'm miserable as well), but maybe all the show is just baby's way of saying that you need to ramp things DOWN and not up, in order to be properly prepared for her birth.  So hard though...  I am in so much pain, that I don't know if I would be able to take my own advice at this point!

Carrie, sorry about the early wakeup!  I hate when DS does things like that.  It always seems to coincide with nights that I've gone to bed later irked.gif  At least Nora has a comfy bed now, but I hate when sleep gets broken up like that.  It never feels as restful when you've been awake and fighting your toddler for an hour.

And Love4Bob, welcome back!  Glad to hear that your DH is back SAFE and sound from the middle east, and that your family had an amazing time at Disney World!  I know y'all were moving soon, but was it before or after the birth?

AFM -- I'm feeling a little irked this AM.  The friend who had flaked on me on hosting our shower, and then who wasn't able to make the shower we did have ("oh, you meant July 30th, I thought you meant August 30th"), wants to do dinner with us on the 13th to essentially hold her own little personal shower.  Maybe to assuage the guilt, maybe because she really cares, I don't know.  But she keeps sending me emails so we can plan this dinner date, and to be truthful, I don't want to.  I can barely WALK right now.  I am as large as a house.  I'm with all of you who just kind of want to be alone.  We purposely did the BaByQue thing as soon as possible because I knew that in another week I wouldn't want to see anyone at all.  There are other smaller factors too, but...  I feel like I need every little bit of time and energy at this point to prepare for the birth.  Silly, but...  I just want to lock myself up until baby comes.  I'm hoping that I'll go into labor before then, or have false labor at least, so that I can just cancel.  Sigh.

#150 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:

AFM -- I'm feeling a little irked this AM.  The friend who had flaked on me on hosting our shower, and then who wasn't able to make the shower we did have ("oh, you meant July 30th, I thought you meant August 30th"), wants to do dinner with us on the 13th to essentially hold her own little personal shower.  Maybe to assuage the guilt, maybe because she really cares, I don't know.  But she keeps sending me emails so we can plan this dinner date, and to be truthful, I don't want to.  I can barely WALK right now.  I am as large as a house.  I'm with all of you who just kind of want to be alone.  We purposely did the BaByQue thing as soon as possible because I knew that in another week I wouldn't want to see anyone at all.  There are other smaller factors too, but...  I feel like I need every little bit of time and energy at this point to prepare for the birth.  Silly, but...  I just want to lock myself up until baby comes.  I'm hoping that I'll go into labor before then, or have false labor at least, so that I can just cancel.  Sigh.

This is exactly how I feel. The friend who volunteered to be backup and will now be away several days my 39th week emailed me to visit this Wednesday. I think she feels she can help me prepare for the birth by talking me through things she perceives to be stressing me out. I am having a guest tonight, a friend who will be helping me to put together my birthing necklace. Other than that, though, I just want to be alone. I already know this woman isn't going to watch DS for the birth. I've let that go and made other arrangements. Having company right now stresses me out.  I just want to stay home, nest and rest. That excludes entertaining (except for tonight). I find from previous experience that well meaning guests stay much longer than I would like at this point. My pelvis and back ache. I am simply exhausted. I don't want to have to sit up and have conversations with people right now. I just don't. And I don't want to rush around preparing for guests, cleaing, making my home presentable, etc. But I feel like no one in real life understands this. No one.

Angie, welcome back! Wow, Disney World and everything! It must feel so wonderful to have your DH home again.

Carrie, I HATE sleep deprived nights! Does Nora still nap? I sometimes nap out with DS and let everything go when I haven't slept well the night before.

Jessica, my vote is to rest up for labor and conserve your energy. I know it must be so frustrating for you, though.

Tags
Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra , Milk Nursingwear Braided Organic Cotton Nursing And Maternity Nightgown , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page