We Made It! Chat Thread - July 25 thru AUGUST 1!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The go to position for us is basically folded leaf/child's pose with my arm's and chest on a pillow to keep the weigh off my stomach.  He also can rub my back at the same time, which is nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I'm with GC on this one ;)

As for pain, I've found a (terribly romantic) way to go about it. I curl up with my pillows on my side like I'm going to go to sleep. He lifts my leg to get things where they need to be, puts it back down and then it works quite well ;) Some day I can lift my leg myself, but usually it hurts.

I want it all the time, he doesn't, so he gets to use any stupid line he can think of - usually just "Sex?" and off we go! :P

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#182 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
My husband, ever helpful, keeps suggesting we have sex to get things going, but I am sooooo not in the mood! Maybe I should suck it up and do it anyway? 

You should have seen the look on my DH's face when the midwife said, "Let the sexathon begin!" LOL I was fine with that, but now I have to get my iron levels up before the babe comes, so I'm a little hesitant. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My dp refuses to touch me.  Me being so sick and pregnant just seems to scare the crap out of him (or he could also be horrified by how I look I guess).  The last time I begged him and got my way, it ended badly with me crying and stopping everything because I could tell he just didn't want to and it hurt my feelings (and pride) so badly.  Sex has never helped get labor going for me in the past anyways.  And I am still doing things on my own in hopes that orgasms may trigger some contractions.  But I am more than a little bitter about the lack of sex going on right now. 

Phooey to him! I would imagine being denied would hurt one's feelings and pride. I wish men were more sensitive in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

I can't believe its really August, and that all our babies are due this month.

I just got a call from my MW, and my GBS came back negative (thought it probably would), but my hemoglobin has dropped again to 10.2, so now I have to stop eating dairy products for this last month to try to let my body absorb the extra iron I keep taking. I have no idea how I'm going to get enough protein without eating cheese.

I'm also on my own with DS until very late Thursday as DH is up in Connecticut on a business trip. Its the first time he's been away since I moved here nearly 3 years ago, and I already miss him, and he only left this morning. Fortunately DS was tired enough to go down for the night without a fuss, as its usually DH that gives him a bath then puts him to bed. I just hope he doesn't start fussing tomorrow when there is still no sign of Daddy.

Wow, it seems like we received the same news! My GBS came back negative, but my hemoglobin is low.

I hope the next few days go smoothly for you. hug2.gif I know you weren't looking forward to your DH going away and that it is not a convenient time for you.

AFM: I had my friend over tonight and we put together my birthing necklace. I had planned to start wearing it immediately, as my water broke the day I put my birthing necklace on with DS. But now that I know my hemoglobin and hematocrit are low, I'm afraid to wear it. I have to increase my numbers FAST!

#183 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Wow, it seems like we received the same news! My GBS came back negative, but my hemoglobin is low.

I hope the next few days go smoothly for you. hug2.gif I know you weren't looking forward to your DH going away and that it is not a convenient time for you.

AFM: I had my friend over tonight and we put together my birthing necklace. I had planned to start wearing it immediately, as my water broke the day I put my birthing necklace on with DS. But now that I know my hemoglobin and hematocrit are low, I'm afraid to wear it. I have to increase my numbers FAST!

I'm not hugely concerned about the hemoglobin as it was only a 0.2 drop from the last blood draw, but I know it does mean I'm going to have to cut out the dairy until the baby arrives as I can't risk it going much lower. However I'm not sure how I'm going to get enough protein without the dairy, especially as I only have whatever we have here in the kitchen to choose from until at least Friday. I'm stuck at home without a car as its parked at the airport an hour away and DH won't be back until very late on Thursday night/Friday morning. I do still have 4 weeks until my EDD though, so I still have time to get it back up a little before birth. I just can't add any more supplements to my day. I already feel like a walking pharmacy with all the pills, liquids and protein supplements I'm already on. I certainly feel much healthier than I did at this point with DS, but I'm really struggling to stay motivated at taking everything.

Why can't eating a balanced diet be enough?

As for sex its so not happening around here at the moment. We both usually really enjoy pregnant sex, but the last couple of weeks DH has been working some crazy long hours and by the time we get to bed he is too exhausted. Then in the morning when he's in the mood I'm too exhausted from being awake half the night, not to mention the aches from lying in bed. Hopefully being away from each other for four days will give us back some much needed desire at the same time. I'd rather get my vaginal prostaglandins from DH than from some EPO capsules. (Which is another pill to start taking next week when I hit 37 weeks.) I don't remember having this drought with DS, but then again I wasn't running after an almost toddler last time either.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#184 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

The go to position for us is basically folded leaf/child's pose with my arm's and chest on a pillow to keep the weigh off my stomach.  He also can rub my back at the same time, which is nice!

That was my last one, but my belly is just too big these days!

I do love how back rubs have replaced foreplay in our lives ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#185 of 191 Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM

It's AUGUST, ladies!!!  energy.gif

We're all closer than we were!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#186 of 191 Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 AM

DH and I finally DTD a few nights ago.  It is so terribly comical...  The least sexy sex ever.  My pelvis is in so much pain now that we tried for a little while and I just couldn't really DO much of anything, nevermind reach orgasm.  And DH's back is still not 100 percent, not that he'd be able to do anything acrobatic to my horribly painful body anyway.  Sadly the best way to get those prostaglandins is orally, and after about 10 minutes of the most pathetic (albeit sweet and loving) sex I think we've ever had in our 11 years together, I just gave up and offered to finish him off another way.  And he was kind enough not to dilly dally ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

I just can't add any more supplements to my day. I already feel like a walking pharmacy with all the pills, liquids and protein supplements I'm already on. I certainly feel much healthier than I did at this point with DS, but I'm really struggling to stay motivated at taking everything.

Why can't eating a balanced diet be enough?

Oh this.  So much this Lynann.  Good grief.  I am so SICK of supplements.  I'm looking forward to this baby being born so I can go back to just good old prenatals, fish oil, and D3.  And VERY sorry to hear about being stuck in the house for 4 days.  That just sucks.  Not that I want to go anywhere at this point, but being able to go get groceries is always a good thing.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#187 of 191 Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

DH and I finally DTD a few nights ago.  It is so terribly comical...  The least sexy sex ever.  My pelvis is in so much pain now that we tried for a little while and I just couldn't really DO much of anything, nevermind reach orgasm.  And DH's back is still not 100 percent, not that he'd be able to do anything acrobatic to my horribly painful body anyway.  Sadly the best way to get those prostaglandins is orally, and after about 10 minutes of the most pathetic (albeit sweet and loving) sex I think we've ever had in our 11 years together, I just gave up and offered to finish him off another way.  And he was kind enough not to dilly dally ROTFLMAO.gif

Oh this.  So much this Lynann.  Good grief.  I am so SICK of supplements.  I'm looking forward to this baby being born so I can go back to just good old prenatals, fish oil, and D3.  And VERY sorry to hear about being stuck in the house for 4 days.  That just sucks.  Not that I want to go anywhere at this point, but being able to go get groceries is always a good thing.

Michelle, I feel like we should be living near by each other, we seem to have so much in common. I hate how everyone I really get on with lives so far away.

I may have to do something similar with my DH once he is back in town. I'm so not getting enough prostaglandins, and if ingesting them is more effective then I'm all for efficiency these days. I know DH won't be sad at the suggestion either. Sheepish.gif

Being stuck at home isn't the issue for me with DH away, as he usually has the car at work everyday and DS is still on a 2 nap schedule, so it isn't like I go anywhere during the week anyway. Its the "just in case" aspect of not having any options, other than to call other people to help out. I'm really bad at asking for help with the little things, and not having my family or good friends close by doesn't help that.

On the supplements issue I do have to start adding in EPO next week when I get to 37 weeks. My MW wants me to take 2 three times a day. I'm already on Floradix 3 times a day, prenatals, Vit C, B6, B12, DHA & a protein shake every day to keep up my protein levels. Now I have to cut out the dairy, so protein is going to be even more of a struggle, and I also have to make a real effort to get 64oz of water every day too. It seems like nothing can go in my mouth that doesn't have a purpose. Eating for pleasure is a sad distant memory at this point. However I do know that all of this IS keeping me healthier. By this point last time I was so swollen it was unbelieveable, and I was leaking protein in my urine. By the time I got to 40 weeks I was definitely suffering from toxemia. This time I have no swelling, even on the foot that swells with the weather, have had no protein/ketones in my urine, and have gained less than half the weight I gained last time. Knowing all of this should keep me motivated, but it just seems like so much effort ALL the time.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#188 of 191 Old 08-02-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprint View Post

It's AUGUST, ladies!!!  energy.gif

We're all closer than we were!

joy.gif  I'm thrilled to know that at least some how, some way, this baby is coming THIS MONTH!!  Huzzah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post
 And he was kind enough not to dilly dally ROTFLMAO.gif

This is always appreciated!  LOL!!

I'll get the new chat thread for the week up and going soon.  I've had a pretty quiet morning so far, just had some coffee, haven't eaten anything have been trying to use the bathroom before I weigh myself.  Sigh. I don't even want to knowwwww.

I've been eating for pleasure way too much lately I know it.  I feel it.  My wrists even feel chubby.  It's more than likely swelling but eh.  I can't do much about it right now so I just keep eating, lol.  

I think maybe today DD and I will play in the backyard.  I'll see how I feel!

New Chat Thread Here

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#189 of 191 Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Haha! Sex is so uncomfortable for me too. I want it though, and it usually helps get labor going, so I'm happy to do it! :)

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#190 of 191 Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

Haha! Sex is so uncomfortable for me too. I want it though, and it usually helps get labor going, so I'm happy to do it! :)

Plus you just got him back!! :) I'm so glad he's home with you guys again.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#191 of 191 Old 08-03-2011, 02:56 AM

Yes!  Yes!  I can't have 42-week twins (surely?  surely God, in his mercy, or my o.b., in desperate anxiety, will prevent this, even if my body fails?).  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

joy.gif  I'm thrilled to know that at least some how, some way, this baby is coming THIS MONTH!!  Huzzah!!!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Tags
Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra , Milk Nursingwear Braided Organic Cotton Nursing And Maternity Nightgown , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page