We Made It! Chat Thread - July 25 thru AUGUST 1!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This chat thread brings us to AUGUST 1st!!  We made it, ladies!!  joy.gif

Old chat thread here.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 AM

I can't believe how close we are to August.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#3 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 AM

I just got violently punched by baby girl! She doesn't like it when I sneeze apparently! OUCH!

~SynEpona~
#4 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Amazing!  And my babies are still cooking!  

With family in and out and some computer problems, I've been very absent, but thinking of everyone, and hoping you are all doing well.  (Hopefully, I'll have time to catch up on a few threads in the next hour or two.)  

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#5 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 AM

I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow. She says she can do some adjustment to help get this ball rolling. Come on baby!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#6 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Okay---I'm going to try to participate in this thread. Every weekly chat thread so far I get so far behind that jumping in seems overwhelming. So here I am. wave.gif

I posted in the complaint thread recently, but DH and I are trying so hard to arrange care for 17 month old DS when I go into labor and it seems nearly impossible. Nobody is able to commit. One member from our worship group offered, then retracted the offer to backup/if you can't find anyone else/yada/yada, and now plans to be away for a long weekend my 39th week. We approached another couple from our worship group, who said they are fairly committed until the day of my due date, the 15th of August, but they would be willing to be part of a group who could be on call, and then they recommended the first lady who kind of bailed on us. They said they feel good about someone being available when the  time comes, but I don't feel good about it.

I realized I have to ask for what I need, as was pointed out in the other thread, that people just don't magically know. So DH asked the above couple from our worship group. I also called 2 friends. One can't take time off work (which I knew), but is available weekends and would be honored. The other set of friends (they're roommates) are committed to their best friend who has the same due date as me (which I also figured). They said to put them on call, anyway, because they can't see us going into labor on the same day. Unless one of these friends backs out, I'm not even asking my family. My family is 2-6 hours away and my 2 sisters that would help each have 3 kids. I thought of having my mom come a week early, but she would have my 2 baby sisters (ages 12 & 13), and it's nearly impossible to get her to visit me for a couple days, much less a week.

So I'm trying to put all this together and am feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and a little depressed about it.

#7 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Ladies I must share this link with you:

http://jezebel.com/5822687/pregnant-and-pulling-a-deuce

I posted it in the old chat thread last night. It made me ROTFLMAO.gifIt might be better suited for the weight gain thread, buuut I don't think anyone's too interested in posting in there these days ;)

Now I'm off to see the dentist about my stupid tooth that decided to scare me to death at 39 weeks :(

#8 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Okay---I'm going to try to participate in this thread. Every weekly chat thread so far I get so far behind that jumping in seems overwhelming. So here I am. wave.gif

I posted in the complaint thread recently, but DH and I are trying so hard to arrange care for 17 month old DS when I go into labor and it seems nearly impossible. Nobody is able to commit. One member from our worship group offered, then retracted the offer to backup/if you can't find anyone else/yada/yada, and now plans to be away for a long weekend my 39th week. We approached another couple from our worship group, who said they are fairly committed until the day of my due date, the 15th of August, but they would be willing to be part of a group who could be on call, and then they recommended the first lady who kind of bailed on us. They said they feel good about someone being available when the  time comes, but I don't feel good about it.

I realized I have to ask for what I need, as was pointed out in the other thread, that people just don't magically know. So DH asked the above couple from our worship group. I also called 2 friends. One can't take time off work (which I knew), but is available weekends and would be honored. The other set of friends (they're roommates) are committed to their best friend who has the same due date as me (which I also figured). They said to put them on call, anyway, because they can't see us going into labor on the same day. Unless one of these friends backs out, I'm not even asking my family. My family is 2-6 hours away and my 2 sisters that would help each have 3 kids. I thought of having my mom come a week early, but she would have my 2 baby sisters (ages 12 & 13), and it's nearly impossible to get her to visit me for a couple days, much less a week.

So I'm trying to put all this together and am feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and a little depressed about it.

I'm really glad you asked people!!  At least now you have some options!!  I think it's going to all work out fine.  

Julie - Yay for keeping those babies cooking!!  How awesome!!

Janie - Still sending you labor vibes!! goodvibes.gif

Jbouck - Good luck at the dentist!  And I said it before, but that link you posted is TOO FUNNY!  Go big or go home!!

AFM - I went this am for my last blood draw regarding my platelets.  Ugh, it all feels so final.  I'm a bit down about it, I can't even bring myself to clean up the house b/c I feel like, what's the point, I'm know I'm going to risk out of my homebirth.  greensad.gif  Though, the woman who took my blood and I were chatting, and I told her I was planning a homebirth and the reason I was getting my blood taken was b/c of the platelet issue.  She called me a warrior for wanting to do it at home, and said she was amazed by me.  I thought that was really nice of her, and made me feel empowered.  

I can't think of anything I want to do today.  Sigh.   Nora's not helping matters by saying she just wants to hang out at home with me.  I even offered to take her out to lunch but she moaned and groaned and said no thanks.  Well, alright then.  Another day moping about!  LOL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM

Yay for August and chiro appointments.  I desperately need one (or five), but it's SO not in the budget right now.  I'm absolutely miserable on the pelvis front, and terrified that I'm going to have 20 or 30 hours of back labor because things are all messed up.  Does anyone know of stretching you CAN do with SPD?  Any squatting or crossing legs is out, but the muscles in my hips are getting so stiff from always keeping my legs together.

Jbouk, I hope the dental appointment goes okay.  Can pregnant women have the happy gas?  I could use a few minutes of happy gas right about now!

PoetryLover, your situation sounds stressful.  I'm sorry you can't find someone to just commit!  It sounds like between all those people, that one of them would be able to watch DS, but that's still so...  I don't know.  If I were in labor and then had to call 10 different people to try and find child care, it would drive me bonkers!!  We still don't have someone to watch DS either.  The person we were going to have come had to back out (she and her partner split), so she wouldn't have anyone to leave HER two kids with.  And I don't want them at my birth.  I'm guessing DH is just going to have to watch DS, and I will have to labor alone with the midwives.  Not happy about it, but I guess that's how the cookie will crumble.  DS is a complete handful, so it's hard to find someone, let alone in the middle of the night.  Sigh.

I don't just want it to be August, I want it to be the day in August that I can get this all over with.  I'm ready to be able to roll over/walk/squat like a normal human being!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#10 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM

A chat thread less than a page long? Haven't seen that yet. 

I can't believe that it's almost August! I refuse to believe it. 

Still excited about all my diapers. Since they came from the diaper service I don't need to prep them, so I got 'em all folded and put away. I have wipes cut up and we're getting disposables, 'cause DH wants them (and I planned on having them for out of the house, anyways.) Finally getting everything in place, it feels like. 

I called the midwife to make up another appointment. Been putting that off for 3 weeks now, 'cause I'm not really happy with her. But DH needs her to fill out paperwork so he can be with me during the birth if it's during work time.

My shower is a bit less than 2 weeks away. (I've been forbidden to go into labor before the 6th because of that reason.) And my MIL is really excited. She rearranged furniture and steam cleaned the carpets for it. And I get to sit in a special chair that nobody ever uses. (It's always covered in a blanket she got for her wedding.)

And I cheated and checked my registry, and somebody bought the diaper bag I wanted! I almost cried when I saw that. I know I'm going to be getting a lot of clothes, since nobody's going to fighting over who buys me cloth diapers when they don't understand them. (But I took off the small prefolds and most of the flats from the registry in case anybody does want to buy them. They'll be more likely to get covers anyways, since those are cute and people like cute.)

So the thing that's kicking me is actually going to be a baby? I'm still having trouble believing that. Been feeling really good except for hip and back pain. And heartburn. Just trying to convince the babe that they should stay inside until after finals are done with. 

I should be able to get DH to take me to see Harry Potter today. He said if I could get him up in time he would. Here's to hoping. And we get to go to the zoo on Saturday. He has a company picnic, and I've been bugging him to take me all summer. I know it's a bit late, but it might be coolish outside, and my favorite places are all indoors.

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#11 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm really glad you asked people!!  At least now you have some options!!  I think it's going to all work out fine.  

Julie - Yay for keeping those babies cooking!!  How awesome!!

Janie - Still sending you labor vibes!! goodvibes.gif

Jbouck - Good luck at the dentist!  And I said it before, but that link you posted is TOO FUNNY!  Go big or go home!!

AFM - I went this am for my last blood draw regarding my platelets.  Ugh, it all feels so final.  I'm a bit down about it, I can't even bring myself to clean up the house b/c I feel like, what's the point, I'm know I'm going to risk out of my homebirth.  greensad.gif  Though, the woman who took my blood and I were chatting, and I told her I was planning a homebirth and the reason I was getting my blood taken was b/c of the platelet issue.  She called me a warrior for wanting to do it at home, and said she was amazed by me.  I thought that was really nice of her, and made me feel empowered.  

I can't think of anything I want to do today.  Sigh.   Nora's not helping matters by saying she just wants to hang out at home with me.  I even offered to take her out to lunch but she moaned and groaned and said no thanks.  Well, alright then.  Another day moping about!  LOL!

I should clarify that the couple DH asked from our worship group have outside commitments until the day of our due date, so they would most likely not be available. I think I made it sound like they could be committed to us until that date. As for my other 2 friends, one wants to help, but I don't *feel* the other one truly does. And I'm not Christian enough for the 3rd friend (who has the same due date as me) and I'm afraid she's going to tell them she's not comfortable with it. She's always felt threatened by me for some reason. But I could totally see her saying to them something like, "But what if I go into labor and you're helping her?" Maybe that would be a valid concern, but although it's a possibility we may go into labor on the same date, it's not a probability. This friend of theirs has shot down including me in things in the past, and I suppose I'm a little bitter and guarded.

Anyway, one of the 2 friends should be here shortly to talk about things, and hopefully I will be able to feel better regarding the care of DS while I'm in labor.

Later this evening the doula will visit to meet DH for the first time. I"m a little nervous. I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, but there are still some things that need to be picked up and I still need to make a chocolate pumpkin pie with celestial cream. I'm rather looking forward to eating it, so any excuse will do. :-)

Carrie, good luck on your platelets. You've been working hard and I hope you get the results you need in order to keep your homebirth.

#12 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Ladies I must share this link with you:

http://jezebel.com/5822687/pregnant-and-pulling-a-deuce

Fantastic!!  I love the quote: "For me, the eating had felt so unimaginably good. It had felt like a warm blanket of comfort during 9 months of discomfort. It was what had kept me going as I deprived myself of every other vice that pregnancy refused me."  Which is pretty much how I feel every time I stuff my face with cookies.  My body is so darn miserable...  At least my mouth can be happy!

Kylaskye -- good luck on the Harry Potter front!!  I vote you go by yourself if you can't get him up in time.  Saves you from having to share candy orngbiggrin.gif

And Carrie, good luck mama!!  When do you get the results back?

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#13 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM

I hope the tooth thing is nothing!  Why must things always go wrong at the last minute?

The heat wave finally broke, so maybe I can get some things done this week.  It's still hot, but that's summer in VA for you.  This week is pretty busy with appointments, and next week I have appointment AND some photo shoots.  It's probably good for me to get out of the house a bit, but all I want to do is stay home while Hubby reads me Game of Thrones.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#14 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Poetry Lover:  I have a feeling that things will work out for you.  I also just thought that if you have a list of potential caretakers maybe you could get a friend or family member to be the one to make the phone calls, so you and your DH would only have to make one phone call and that other person could call the several potential caretakers when you go into labor then call you and tell you who will be caring for you DS.  That might make it a little less stressful.  

Carrie:  I hope your platelets come back with the right numbers.  Here are some homebirth vibes dust.gif

AFM:  I am really hoping I don't actually make it to August!  I have been telling this baby that this week would be great!! However, in the back of my mind I figure that this one could stay snuggled inside as long as August 9 (this would be the timing of when DD decided to come on out!)

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#15 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 AM

I'd forgotten since the 20wk U/S how much 'fun' it is to try & drink LOTS of water an hour before .... I hope I don't sneeze again in the next 90min ... sneezing + full bladder + baby who violently kicks at sneezes = bad combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post. And I'm not Christian enough for the 3rd friend (who has the same due date as me) and I'm afraid she's going to tell them she's not comfortable with it....

Anyway, one of the 2 friends should be here shortly to talk about things, and hopefully I will be able to feel better regarding the care of DS while I'm in labor....

That bugs me, who is she to decide who is 'Christian' enough ... there's a few verses about how it's not her judgement call to make! (but I know the type, and know there's no point in you trying to explain that to her!). Hopefully the other friends can see past her reasoning, and your visit with the one friend goes well today, leaving you feeling like things will be well taken care of!

~SynEpona~
#16 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 AM

Poetrylover: I hear you on finding someone to help. It's frustrating! We live in a tiny town with no relatives close. We have three litle girls that will need someone! I hope you find someone soon mama.

Carrie, when do you get your news?

oh ma lordy. 12 hours yesterday (3pm to 3am) of contractions 4-6min apart, lasting 50sec to a minute and a half. Dh kept wanting to go in because I was seriously struggling with them, but I could tell they weren't changing...not getting worse/stronger/longer/etc. And I didn't want them to just send me home! I'm sooooo tired today. And hopefully next time this happens it just freaking HAPPENS and doesn't mess with me. And that it doesn't happen again until AFTER August 4th! (term)

Is anyone else getting really sick of this false labor stuff? This is by far the worst I've had. I'm thinking that because I just finished my last progesterone shot last wed. that things will pick up after this wed. although I hope they don't!

Has anyone heard from Angie lately?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#17 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

oh ma lordy. 12 hours yesterday (3pm to 3am) of contractions 4-6min apart, lasting 50sec to a minute and a half. Dh kept wanting to go in because I was seriously struggling with them, but I could tell they weren't changing...not getting worse/stronger/longer/etc. And I didn't want them to just send me home! I'm sooooo tired today. And hopefully next time this happens it just freaking HAPPENS and doesn't mess with me. And that it doesn't happen again until AFTER August 4th! (term)

Is anyone else getting really sick of this false labor stuff? This is by far the worst I've had. I'm thinking that because I just finished my last progesterone shot last wed. that things will pick up after this wed. although I hope they don't!

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!  Three weeks of sporadic contractions leading up to last night's false labor ordeal and I am done, done, done!  I'm full term today, so any time this little one is ready to come is fine with me.  I keep telling myself that it could be weeks yet, but having had both boys early it's hard to keep believing it.  Mom and Marc aren't helping.  They see the bloody show from this morning as a sign that labor is imminent and expect to be holding a baby girl tomorrow.  *sigh*  My mom came over to help me out today and is taking the boys for a walk to the playground right now.  The silence is so blissful.  I wish I could just make everyone go away and leave me alone until I'm truly in labor and it's getting too hard to handle alone, then I could call Marc and have him come home. 

Any tips on how to get labor rolling?  I'm starting to dilate (1cm) and efface (70%), with baby at -2 station and a very, very soft cervix.  Let's get this show on the road!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#18 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM

Wow, Jessica, it sounds like you are really really close! I don't know what I would do if I was having that much false labor for 3 weeks! Hopefully it will make your labor nice and short.

Imprint - congrats on your twins still cooking, that's fabulous!

PoetryLover- I know, it's been hard for us to find people to take care of our daughter too. None of our family is closer than 13 hours away, and all our local friends either have jobs or kids. It's hard to find anyone that could take off work, or juggle an extra kid, so we have asked a bunch of people and have 4 on our list to call.  One for nightime (she works during the day, but can help us out overnight), two people for weekend/evenings, and one friend with a daughter Meadow's age, who can take her to her house and keep her as long as we need.  So we have some options, but it all depends on how things work out.  Good luck!

AFM - I'm feeling really good, and I'm kind of excited by these warm-up contractions I'm having.  I hope that means something will be happening soon, since I'm 38 weeks. My daughter was born at 38+4, so I am sort of expecting another "early" baby.  My MIL is here, and it's actually not too bad. She's keeping Meadow occupied so I can get things done and rest. 

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#19 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 AM

My baby shower/blessingway is on Sunday! DH is excited to make cupcakes...lemon with lemon and lavender flavored frosting....mmmmm...He's making lavender lemonade, and planning on a Mediterranean spread of food. You know, I'm really glad he can cook so well! He is looking forward to two weeks of vacation when our buttercup comes as well. Although, his boss informs him that only one week will be a paid vacation!!! He had thought he got two weeks, but APPARENTLY, that was only for management. He's their top therapist, and he KNOWS they told him he got 2 weeks, but they conveniently did not even put ONE week in his contract. Funny, so many things are IN his contract for THEIR benefit....but....vacation? nope. Whatever. He's getting two, and that will be great.
Just got a package from Canada! Squeeeeeee! This is from my friend Karen....and SQUEEEEE! It's baby girl stuff! BE BACK SOON! joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#20 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Oh wow....

I am totally bowled over.

Giant box from Canada filled to the brim with girly beauty. Dresses that would rival a princesses attire with abundance from age birth to 2 years old. So many sweet bonnets, little cottony suits of pink and lavender bliss...flowers, frills, hearts, and promises of girly delight along with a beautifully carved bead for my necklace. A big package from my sweet friend in Maine, with an adorable pink outfit and cap and two lovely beads, and finally, a small package from sweet Dawn with a hand knit cap in softest white with an ecru knit flower for a tiny wee head...

I'm overcome...

I may not have a loving family....but I certainly have amazing friends. All these women are women who lost babies at the same time as me...and now...look at the love being showered...it's enough to make my heart burst.

I'm so grateful for my sisters in life...

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#21 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM

I am almost jealous of those of you with ctx!  I've noticed maybe two in the last two weeks!  I know I don't notice most of them because it's my first.  I've had my mw comment that I was having one and I felt nothing!  I tried to feel my cervix the other night.  It's way softer than non pregnant cervix, but I think it's still closed. 

I feel like nothing is happening!!! I see my mws on Wednesday, so maybe they will have some news that I cant tell.  I did decide to start taking 1300 mg of EPO daily, and we have been having sex nearly every day. (Thank you chiro for fixing my hips so they don't hurt!)

But hey, it's our third anniversary and my FIL gave us money to get a nice dinner!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#22 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM

EB, sounds lovely about your DH doing all the cooking & your box of girly goodness from your friends! What a great day :)

!

I hope those of you suffering from false labour get a break from it, or it quickly turns to real labour & you get a baby! I would be so frustrated.

I've just returned from my U/S ...and baby is breech today. She wasnt' on Thursday. My next MW appt is this Thursday, she might not be breech then... I'm not really sure what the point of today's U/S was at all ... except that the MW have to confirm breech positioning in week38 b/c of their practice protocols. I suppose I could take the pulsatilla again,as that does make baby flip out of breech,but only for a few days, then she's back to breech or transverse again. I think she flips or doesn't flip at her whim, it just happened to coincide with the days I took the homeopathics ....

~SynEpona~
#23 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

Any tips on how to get labor rolling?  I'm starting to dilate (1cm) and efface (70%), with baby at -2 station and a very, very soft cervix.  Let's get this show on the road!

Let me know when you figure that out. I've been 1cm and 80% effaced with a squishy cervix for two weeks. irked.gif  The contractions that seem to do nothing and the wicked pressure is getting old. Add in 24 days of 100+ degrees weather and you have one cranky mama here. *sigh*

It'll be over soon, right? RIGHT?!? faint.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#24 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 PM

Birdie, I am SO glad to hear your MIL is being less of a pain than you thought she'd be.  It's kind of the same way with my own mother...  On the one hand, she drives me bonkers, but on the other hand, she keeps DS from driving me bonkers!  I'm glad that things are currently not as miserable as we all thought they might be for you right now!

EB, all of those things sound so lovely and THOUGHTFUL.  Getting packages is just the best!!  I'm so glad to hear about anything to lift your spirits!!  Also, if your DH has a good lemon cupcake recipe that he is willing to share, PM it to me.  I LOVE lemon cupcakes, but I have yet to find a recipe that bakes up to my high high cupcake standards.  I can do the frosting no problem, but I've tried 3 lemon cake recipes and none of them have been what I've been wanting.

#25 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Wow! I had quite the morning. First off my tooth is OK!!!!!!! I am stupid and forgot that I had gotten a root canal done on that one 2 years ago, but never got the crown put on. Dentist took one look at it as said, "oh yeah that's just what happens to them after you have a root canal". So I just have to get a crown on sometime after the baby is here, but it's not an emergency, and it's not a healthy tooth gone bad, which is what I was so scared of. Yay!

The I went to meet up with a person from craigslist to get the last piece of baby gear that I wanted, so now I'm set! I'm stoked, because this thing would have cost $40 new, and I got it for $15.

When I got back to the parking lot to pick up my car, the guys who park the cars there told me they never were able to get the key to turn because the wheel was locked. This happens all the time with my stupid car, so I just thought no big deal you just have to hit it a little bit and it un-jams. Well I sat there in the hot sun for 45 mins trying to get the stupid thing to unstick and it would not budge. I was starting to go into panic mode because even though the attendants were being nice to me and trying to help, I could tell I was really in their way because that lot is super busy. This whole time I was trying to call DH to ask him what to do, but he wouldn't answer his phone, which is soooo annoying to me. I didn't know if I should call a lock smith, a tow truck, or what. Eventually I did get a hold of DH, and got a tow truck out and the guy even was nice enough to give me a ride to my house on the way to the shop so I didn't have to take a cab home. So it all worked out just fine in the end, but man was I stressed, and hot, I think I sweated out about half my body weight in the car. So I am laying on the couch and chugging H2O for the rest of the day. Laundry can wait until tonight.

Quote:
Jbouk, I hope the dental appointment goes okay.  Can pregnant women have the happy gas?  I could use a few minutes of happy gas right about now!

Thanks! They won't give you the laughing gas, I tried when I got a filling back in Dec, and they said nope. Good thing I didn't need it today!

Quote:
Fantastic!!  I love the quote: "For me, the eating had felt so unimaginably good. It had felt like a warm blanket of comfort during 9 months of discomfort. It was what had kept me going as I deprived myself of every other vice that pregnancy refused me."  Which is pretty much how I feel every time I stuff my face with cookies.  My body is so darn miserable...  At least my mouth can be happy!

Yep, that is exactly how I feel too! If I can't have a cold beer on a hot summer day, at least I can have a little extra ice cream!

#26 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing is happening labor wise for me either, but I'm not due til the 16th so we shall see.  I'm sort of not letting my brain go there til I know if I can birth at home or not.  LOL.  I should find out tomorrow or Wednesday what's going on.  Sigh, I'm just not feeling very optimistic, so all the kind words from all of you really helps!  Makes me think maybe I have a chance!

I just got back from taking DD to the movies for the first time ever, and OMG.  That was an adventure.  It was fine, we managed, but man, she wouldn't sit STILL!  I let her roam our row a bit, luckily it was only us and one other mom and child there and she wasn't really bothering anyone.  After the FIFTH trip to the bathroom after she asked to go, where she would sit on the potty but then declare she didn't have to go anymore, my fuse was a burning a little short!  I still have no idea where she put all that soda!  Then we finally make it to the end of the movie, she's happy as a clam, I'm frazzled -- and it's POURING rain.  And I parked far away b/c I didn't want the car to get another ding.  Ugh.  Of course.

Jbouck - I'm so happy your tooth is nothing crazy to worry about!  That car trouble sounds pitiful though, something that would TOTALLY happen to me.

#27 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Italiamom....Lemme see if I can locate it...it is super yummy due to the addition of lemon curd....home made...mmmmmm.....I won't be able to get to it today, but I've written it down as a TO DO. redface.gif)

#28 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Way too hot here, I am dying. greensad.gif My legs feel like they weigh 500 lbs because of the edema, the hotter I get, the worse I swell. Some clouds are finally rolling in, so hoping for rain to cool things down. It is official, I have zero energy these days. I've been waking up with painful contractions in the early morning hours, the last 3 days I think. For my previous 3 labors, that is exactly how they started, woke up with contractions around 5 am every time. I can tell these aren't the real deal, certainly feel like it, but I just have always known when it was and wasn't. So far anyway. I'm SOO crampy all day long, back killing me. 38 weeks and 2 of my children have been born this week but I refuse to think it could be soon. That is what I thought last time and then I went another 3 weeks past this. Now, if I am still pg in a month then I'll be pissed! 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#29 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM

italiamom-     do you know of the west burnside chiropractic clinic? they are at 2nd and west burnside, and have appointments open for all. it is super easy to get in asap. on thursdays i see an intern named chris, but i like him because he is very mellow and just had a baby---he was adjusting his wife all through her pregnancy. they also charge based on income, but don't require proof of income. i know you have insurance, but it sounds like your insurance doesn't offer much in the way of chiro coverage. this is where i am going, and i have taken some doula clients there as well. it is a really secret and yet amazing resource. i want your poor hips to get some relief!! i know how much i was dreading labor whilst feeling such physical limitations, but things have seemed to shift in a better direction for me, hip and pelvis wise.

hooray for packages of baby things!!! my 15 year old nephew is visiting, and brought sweet baby presents from my sis. including things i had passed to her after my girls for her girls....i had forgotten them, but i loved them, and now they've made it back!! and baby socks!! something i didn;t want to have to buy for whatever odd reason.

for all the mamas having labor psych outs...i feel like i keep getting tricked, too. i will get several rounds of pretty serious contractions over the course of a few hour spread, and then....nada. i think things happen that shift my energy, like having to be sharper with the kids, etc. but i have had some crazy nesting urges, and have gotten major things crossed off of my list! things i had even felt okay with not happening..... and now they are done!! yes! i have had three very similar labors, so i don't know why i would expect this one to go differently, aside from the fact that babe has thrown me for a few loops already. my previous babes were at 41w8d, 41w7d, and surro baby at 41w 5 days. with each of them i woke up in the night with contractions, going bcak to bed as long as i could until i had to really rock and concentrate through them. my mucus plugs? all lost in active labor. so really, i feel like my body has a pretty set pattern, and yet i still get duped! maybe i feel extra tricky because i did have an odd cycle, so my ovulation could have been at a different time. regardless, i know baby will make their grand entrance soon, and i am so tingling thinking about meeting my new little babe.

squeeee!

and in less exciting news, our family just can't keep the germs away....little guy that we babysit brought a stomach bug over, which woke my older girl in the middle of the night, alternating between puking and pooping. poor babe. she is still in and out of sleep, even puking up water and ginger ale. again, once i thought i had all the laundry set to go. no chance. bleh. hope my girlie feels better.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#30 of 191 Old 07-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I can't believe how close we are to August, either! Although Sunday was 35 weeks for me, so 5 weeks to go still. It seems so far away, but I realized that it's only 35 days and that doesn't sound like so long. Got our prefolds today and have been washing and washing and washing them -- I like the unbleached ones so 4 washes hasn't proven to be enough.

I thought this video was really sweet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbx3ECKvt60&feature=player_embedded

Carrie - I really hope everything works out with your platelets! goodvibes.gif

Emerging Butterfly - I'm so happy you're getting all that love and support.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!

Tags
Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra , Milk Nursingwear Braided Organic Cotton Nursing And Maternity Nightgown , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page