How crampy are you feeling? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Very crampy today after a few days of not feeling much. i have not checked my cervix at all, i don't really want to know! But sheesh, the cramps are really irritating today. Definitely not contractions though.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So. dang. crampy.  And contracty.

Last night I was up until 530am.  I thought it was the beginning of the real thing.  Every time I tried to rest, the ctx hurt too much to sleep.  I was thinking about getting our plan in motion, calling the midwife around day break, and sending DS to my MIL.  Then they petered out.  And I had to get up with DS at 730 to start our normal day.  So I slept for 2 hours and then got up and did the mommy thing as I was fighting back tears of exhaustion and discourage.

Today I've still been crampy and having occasional ctx, and the baby feels SO LOW all of a sudden, but eh?  WHO CARES.  NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING.

I really thought today was baby's birthday. 

Tomorrow is my edd.  I just want to go to sleep and wake up with a baby.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Carrie, interesting you mention the cervix always being a bit open for women who have kids already. I had never felt that before and it was incredibly weird.

Yes!  It was something I learned thru charting my fertility.  Apparently if you have had a previous vaginal birth (or miscarriage) your cervix may always be slightly open.  It also has less of an O shape and more of U shape in the opening.  Interesting, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

So. dang. crampy.  And contracty.

Last night I was up until 530am.  I thought it was the beginning of the real thing.  Every time I tried to rest, the ctx hurt too much to sleep.  I was thinking about getting our plan in motion, calling the midwife around day break, and sending DS to my MIL.  Then they petered out.  And I had to get up with DS at 730 to start our normal day.  So I slept for 2 hours and then got up and did the mommy thing as I was fighting back tears of exhaustion and discourage.

Today I've still been crampy and having occasional ctx, and the baby feels SO LOW all of a sudden, but eh?  WHO CARES.  NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING.

I really thought today was baby's birthday. 

Tomorrow is my edd.  I just want to go to sleep and wake up with a baby.

hug2.gif

I'd say you sound exactly like an early laboring worman, but I don't want to get punched in the face if I'm wrong!!  Hang in there, mama!  Soon, soon!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-29-2011, 11:05 PM

Aw copper.kettle, that sounds so miserable!  Those nights where you get NO sleep and then have to get up and deal with the LO are just BRUTAL.  Especially with the tease of labor thrown in there.  Ugh.  I agree with Carrie, hang in there mama.  You're so, so close!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 PM

I'm sorry copperkettle! I really hope that was just a good warmup and you have a nice short labor SOON!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the support, ladies :)  I took a unisom last night and slept much better. 

Looks like I'm headed for post dates with this baby, too.  I was right to pick the Aug DDC instead of July, lol!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 AM

Copper - glad you got a better nights rest last night. I had a horrible night last night and called my Mom near tears because I have so much to get ready for DD1's birthday party tomorrow and I am so tired and worn down (she is coming over to make the cupcakes!). Hardly slept because I felt so crampy. About an hour of regular strong contractions but most of the night they were very spread out and irregular. Just not feeling well in general, I could not eat dinner and breakfast is not going down well either. I would be leaning towards early labor, but the girls both had stomach bugs in the last week, so it could very well be a virus and I have never had a baby prior to 38 weeks, so I just don't think this is it! Many more nights like this though and I am going to go crazy. I have never had cramping in my past pregnancies either, I just started in with very regular contractions.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Ugh, Sarah, I hope you are either 1.getting better rest right now, or 2. gone on to labor land!!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Add me to the uncomfortable ladies.  This is really the first time in pregnancy that I feel ready for it to be over.  I'm really crampy (like BAD period cramps) and I had contractions off and on last night that kept me up.  I sure hope something is going on because I don't want 2+ more weeks of this.  I'm due in 4 days.  Come on baby!!! 

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Old 08-01-2011, 03:09 PM

I have odd cramps, I guess. They rarely feel painful, but I contract kind of all the time it seems. Very very frequently. Sometimes it makes it hard to breathe, sometimes it makes blood rush to my head. Sometimes the kid decides he should wiggle while it happens and so I get a nice mix of really tight belly, can't breathe, blood to head, push to bladder and overstretched skin.

Othertimes I don't know if I'm contracting until I poke my belly and it's hard.  I'm hoping that all of this means that I'll be super ready. And I'm very glad that it isn't painful. I have fabulous fantasies that this is how labor will feel ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 PM

omggggg I'm so crampy. greensad.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Same here. Been crampy and contractiony for weeks though!!! :(

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 08-01-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm super crampy today...feels like AF is coming soon. But it's hard to be upset about it because it's pretty much the only pre labor sign I've actually had!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 AM

My crampiness went away greensad.gif I'm jealous of all you crampy ladies! Hope it means something's happening!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 AM

I'm now crampy enough that I keep checking to see if my period started.  I can barely sleep because of the pain.  Trying to sleep through contractions wasn't enough?!  At least I got a break with those!  Although sometimes the cramps subside for a while and come in waves, more like contractions would.  Please let me have this baby soon.  If I have to deal with this for two more weeks I might kill someone.  ;-)

I really hope the memories of the misery I've experienced throughout this pregnancy fade, or we will definitely not be having a fourth child in the future!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 AM

I found bouncing on the exercise ball really helped with the cramps yesterday.  I'm going to keep that trick up my sleeve and hope it keeps working.  I was in so much pain, mostly coming in waves like ctx, but also constant AF like cramps.  Bouncing really took them away.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Have you ladies noticed BHs becoming more uncomfortable as the baby grows? Seriously, when my womb contracts there is just more baby sticking its bony parts into the walls than there was a few days ago. Didn't really anticipate that.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 AM

I know this sounds mad, but I can't tell half the time if I am having BH/ctx or if it's the baby pushing.  He's so big and balled up now that most of my uterus is hard anyway.  I have to try and lay on my back and feel for soft spots.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?  Sometimes it's obvious, but mostly not.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

I know this sounds mad, but I can't tell half the time if I am having BH/ctx or if it's the baby pushing.  He's so big and balled up now that most of my uterus is hard anyway.  I have to try and lay on my back and feel for soft spots.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?  Sometimes it's obvious, but mostly not.

I get this too. I have to feel my fundus to tell if it's a BH. If it is a contraction, the whole top is hard, but if the baby is just pushing then only the half with her butt sticking out is hard :P

Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

I feel the same way! My stomach is hard all the time!

i am feeling much better, I think I definitely had a virus. I finally got a good night sleep last night, however i started feeling much better Saturday night and was actually able to eat. I am still crampy, but lots of water or a big glass of coconut water seems to help most of the time.

Sarah

Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post

i am feeling much better, I think I definitely had a virus. I finally got a good night sleep last night, however i started feeling much better Saturday night and was actually able to eat. I am still crampy, but lots of water or a big glass of coconut water seems to help most of the time.

Glad to hear you're feeling at least a little better mama!

I'm not feeling too badly crampy, so much as like my whole vulva is going to implode and just fall right down to the ground from pressure.  There is just so much PRESSURE.  DS's head was 14.75 inches.  This pressure has me worried that this LO might be even bigger.  Stupid husband and his giant nerd brain.  Gah.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Tags
Late Delivery A Memoir
User Tag List