My water broke! - UPDATE - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the update.  I have been thinking about you.  I'm glad that things are going well and I hope that labor starts/progress soon for you so you can hold your little baby.  Also, I am a little jealous as I am very ready for this babe to come on out and yet no mucous plug or anything like that yet.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 AM

So glad to hear your update and I hope you have your baby in your arms soon!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

So glad to hear your update and I hope you have your baby in your arms soon!

Indeed! 

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 PM

Sounds like you had a great practice run! ;)
Often though a bag of waters leaks, then reseals, so that may have been then case:)

Either way, it's exciting that your little one will be here soon!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 07-29-2011, 04:25 PM

thank you for updating here - it is wonderful to hear all is well w you and the little one! It is also great to know different experiences that can happen w the water breaking - thing as a first timer, it is a great eye opener...but I still wish things work out smoother for you from here on!

I love the idea of this being a practice run!

just out of curiosity...what is happening with the cake? Sheepish.gif

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Thanks for the update! It's really interesting, and it sounds like you're in such a great place mentally. Ready to have that baby!

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

So I had my regular appointment today and we did the first ever internal exam this pregnancy.  My water DID NOT break.  Phew!  The baby is -1 station.  She said she feels the head, but can push it up so it's not quite engaged, but is "seated".  During the exam, it moved even lower.  Only dilated to a fingertip and only on the outer part, so it's closed near baby.  She couldn't quite tell how thin I was because her fingers are short, but she said the cervix is at least 1/2 the usual size.  Cervix is very ripe and squishy she said.  Baby is LOA...woo hoo!  She said that losing my plug could mean something or could not.  She said if it was going to mean something, it usually means baby can come in 24-72 hrs.  Otherwise, it's just a sign my body is doing stuff and it doesn't predict anything.  So I'm guessing it's not happening any time soon.  Bummer.  I still feel great so it's not like I'm miserable and want the pregnancy to end, but I'm so ready to meet this little one.  So really, all I know is that my water didn't break, my body is moving in the right direction, and the baby is in a good position.  We ALWAYS heard the heart beat on the lower right...like every time.  On Thursday day after I thought the water may have broken, I spent the entire day trying to get the baby in a better position.  We now think it worked and that was what caused the pain I had for that short period of time that evening.  The baby completed rolled over all at once.  Good baby. :)  So basically I'm in the same boat I was Tuesday except I'm more excited and ready for baby to come, I got to spend more time with DH, and baby is in a better position.  Come on little one!  I hope I'm not a typical late first time mom.  I so want this baby NOW!!  Due in 6 days.

Anyway, there's the update.  Thanks for all the support.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Yea for LOA! Even though I know you'd rather have your babe in your arms, that is great news to hear! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

User Tag List