Agatha_Ann is in labor! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wonderful!  joy.gif  Congratulations!!!  I look forward to a photo, soon!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#32 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 PM

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes! I'm extremely exhausted so this is probably going to be really disjointed, but here's a little summary of my birth story.

I started having contractions yesterday right after lunch time. I was watching a movie while the kids were napping and they came consistently every five minutes for my entire movie. So I decided I would just start packing the last things in our hospital bag and see if they kept going when I was up and moving around too. When I hit two hours, I decided we probably better go and I called DH's work and they were able to find him on a radio, but he was about 45 minutes out of town. Knowing I still had a little bit, I hopped in a cool shower. I was so hot and felt really gross, so the shower felt good. MIL showed up a few minutes before DH to stay with the kids and we started driving. At this point I was 4 minutes apart and I couldn't talk through them anymore.

The drive was uneventful, it was SO hot, I could not get enough a/c on me! We got to the hospital a little before 6 and I was 2 minutes apart and having some vocalizations with each contraction. I was standing next to the bed and kind of bent over, rocking my hips which felt pretty good. Then of course they say I have to get hooked up to monitors and that was awful! They were so much worse stuck on my back like that and I had a few that lasted 4-6 minutes, yuck!

They set DH up in a room so he could shower, since he came off the mountain and got straight in the car. When he came back, he had his normal clothes on, but his work boots...I had totally forgotten to pack him shoes blush.gif So he put on the OR gown and booties over his socks and rocked it that way! They got me prepped pretty fast, IV, OR drugs, foley cath and we walked down to the operating room. Then I was given an epidural, which I have never had before. They have always given me spinals so it was definitely different. I could feel SO much more during the surgery and I was still numb til almost 2 in the morning. With the spinals, I felt NOTHING and was completely back to feeling in less than an hour.

Baby was born at 8:04 and was super twisted in his cord. Twice around the neck and then over his body as well, scary! DH went with him to get weighed, 7lb 4oz, and wrapped in a blanket,and then the two of them sat with me for the rest of the surgery. When they cleaned me up in recovery, DH gave baby a bath and then I was able to nurse. He is the best nurser I have ever had! No problems whatsoever, what a blessing!

We all made it back to the room around 10:30. The night was really long because they had to take both our vitals every hour and they didn't come in together, so there was about 30 minutes of the hour that we were alone. Little one quite literally nursed the entire night. The nurses came and had me stand by the bed at 3AM which was hard, but got it done! After that I walked further and further distances at 7AM, 11AM, and 3PM. They should be in any time to remove my foley and I also still have the epidural in my back (no medicine) which will come out then too. Not in too much pain, but not feeling tip top you know winky.gif The worst is when they have to come smash around on my tummy. That really hurts.

Baby is doing SO well. The kids came and visited with grandma and just adored him as well, but my 2yo was really upset when they left and I had to stay here. A lot of tears from me too greensad.gif

Mostly I am just hoping to sleep tonight. I have been up since Friday morning and I know that is not good for me!

I'll try to get pictures up in the next couple days, thanks again! Love you girls grouphug.gif

#33 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes! I'm extremely exhausted so this is probably going to be really disjointed, but here's a little summary of my birth story.

I started having contractions yesterday right after lunch time. I was watching a movie while the kids were napping and they came consistently every five minutes for my entire movie. So I decided I would just start packing the last things in our hospital bag and see if they kept going when I was up and moving around too. When I hit two hours, I decided we probably better go and I called DH's work and they were able to find him on a radio, but he was about 45 minutes out of town. Knowing I still had a little bit, I hopped in a cool shower. I was so hot and felt really gross, so the shower felt good. MIL showed up a few minutes before DH to stay with the kids and we started driving. At this point I was 4 minutes apart and I couldn't talk through them anymore.

The drive was uneventful, it was SO hot, I could not get enough a/c on me! We got to the hospital a little before 6 and I was 2 minutes apart and having some vocalizations with each contraction. I was standing next to the bed and kind of bent over, rocking my hips which felt pretty good. Then of course they say I have to get hooked up to monitors and that was awful! They were so much worse stuck on my back like that and I had a few that lasted 4-6 minutes, yuck!

They set DH up in a room so he could shower, since he came off the mountain and got straight in the car. When he came back, he had his normal clothes on, but his work boots...I had totally forgotten to pack him shoes blush.gif So he put on the OR gown and booties over his socks and rocked it that way! They got me prepped pretty fast, IV, OR drugs, foley cath and we walked down to the operating room. Then I was given an epidural, which I have never had before. They have always given me spinals so it was definitely different. I could feel SO much more during the surgery and I was still numb til almost 2 in the morning. With the spinals, I felt NOTHING and was completely back to feeling in less than an hour.

Baby was born at 8:04 and was super twisted in his cord. Twice around the neck and then over his body as well, scary! DH went with him to get weighed, 7lb 4oz, and wrapped in a blanket,and then the two of them sat with me for the rest of the surgery. When they cleaned me up in recovery, DH gave baby a bath and then I was able to nurse. He is the best nurser I have ever had! No problems whatsoever, what a blessing!

We all made it back to the room around 10:30. The night was really long because they had to take both our vitals every hour and they didn't come in together, so there was about 30 minutes of the hour that we were alone. Little one quite literally nursed the entire night. The nurses came and had me stand by the bed at 3AM which was hard, but got it done! After that I walked further and further distances at 7AM, 11AM, and 3PM. They should be in any time to remove my foley and I also still have the epidural in my back (no medicine) which will come out then too. Not in too much pain, but not feeling tip top you know winky.gif The worst is when they have to come smash around on my tummy. That really hurts.

Baby is doing SO well. The kids came and visited with grandma and just adored him as well, but my 2yo was really upset when they left and I had to stay here. A lot of tears from me too greensad.gif

Mostly I am just hoping to sleep tonight. I have been up since Friday morning and I know that is not good for me!

I'll try to get pictures up in the next couple days, thanks again! Love you girls grouphug.gif

That sounds really good! I completely love it that you DH and little man got to be right by you while they finished you up! That sounds much nicer than how I imagine things.

I hope you rest well, heal quickly and get lots of love :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#34 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 PM

So glad you and baby are doing well!  Yay for good nursers!  Wishing you a speedy recovery and some sleep!

#35 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Congrats mama!!  I am so happy for you!  I hope you are getting some rest now and are feeling good.  I can't wait to see some pictures!!!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#36 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 PM

Congrats!!  Hope you get some rest tonight :)

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#37 of 59 Old 07-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Big congrats, so happy to hear it all went well and he is a champion nurser! I hope you get your rest tonight and have lots of bonding time with your family and the new addition in the coming days. Warmest welcome to your little boy and big hugs to you.

#38 of 59 Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, that sounds pretty intense!  Hoping you are resting now and glad to hear it all went well!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
#39 of 59 Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Hope you are resting now! Congrats!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#40 of 59 Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM

Sounds like it was overall a really positive experience!  Which is WONDERFUL!!  Congrats mama, and I hope you and your sweet new baby are resting and relaxing and healing beautifully!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#41 of 59 Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 AM

Wonderful birth story and a beauuuuutiful outcome! So glad the cord wasn't a problem, even though it's scary to think that it could have been! ((HUG)) Be well and take care of yourself and your little man! joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#42 of 59 Old 08-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Can't wait to see pics!

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#43 of 59 Old 08-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Oh I love reading birth stories!  I'm so glad all went well and that your little man is such a good nurser.  I'm also happy to hear you are feeling well, albeit tired.  Congratulations, Mama!!  So proud of you and so happy for your family!! 

joy.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#44 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM

baby.jpg

#45 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Annie, he is a dream!  What a gorgeous little person you made!  So, so happy for you!  joy.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#46 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM

He's precious! Congratulations! :)

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#47 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 04:49 PM

he is beautiful mama!!!!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#48 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

That is a great picture, Annie.  Thanks for posting it!  He is so perfect and glad to hear you are doing good!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
#49 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 04:56 PM

He is adorable, thank you for sharing the picture with the rest of us.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#50 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 05:06 PM

awwww he is sooooo cute!  i'm ready to snuggle with mine now!

#51 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Thank you for sharing a picture! He is just perfect, I am so happy for you!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#52 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 05:23 PM

What a cutie! I can't wait to snuggle up to my own LO soon! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#53 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful babe! Congrats!

#54 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM

What a beautiful boy!  I hope you're healing well and enjoying every minute with your sweet new son, and the rest of your family!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#55 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM

What a sweet little boy you have! Congrats mama! It sounds like things went as smoothly as they could for you guys, enjoy your resting time!

Quote:
I have to get hooked up to monitors and that was awful! They were so much worse stuck on my back like that and I had a few that lasted 4-6 minutes, yuck!

This was really hard for me too! The nurses would come in a hook me up for 10 minutes every other hour, and those 10 minutes were some of the worst for me!

#56 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Awww!! So sweet!! Congratulations!! :D

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#57 of 59 Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM

awe, so squishy, so sweet! big congrats again!

#58 of 59 Old 08-03-2011, 07:02 AM

Oh my goodness, how adorable!  Thank you for the picture!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#59 of 59 Old 08-03-2011, 10:41 AM

What a handsome little guy!! Congratulations :D

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page