Chat Thread! 8/2-8/8 Let's see some more BABIES! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've decided something with no fact checking. I like doing that ;)

I will be 40 weeks on Saturday. My darling son has decided he should be head up. I'm having two chiropractic visits today (Webster's!), we got some moxa and I'll hopefully get into see the baby flipping baby tomorrow or Friday. My midwives say that it's at a teaching hospital, they try three times and she's actually never had anyone not have the baby flip when they go there.

So.

I'm 1cm dilated, no effacement, long cervix.

I've decided that they'll turn him, he'll turn, I'll walk and dance and bounce his head so deep into my pelvis that no one would ever be able to get out again.

And then I've decided I'll go into labor shortly after. Because it seems like having people forcibly moving him (and all the stuff we're doing to him before that) would make him get mad and want to move out.

What do you guys think? Might it speed up his exit?

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM

That sounds like a perfect plan to me!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I've decided that they'll turn him, he'll turn, I'll walk and dance and bounce his head so deep into my pelvis that no one would ever be able to get out again.

Can I add to have a few orgasms when you're done with the walking and bouncing.  The contractions will really squeeze him down in there.  But otherwise, I think it's a very sound plan winky.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Can I add to have a few orgasms when you're done with the walking and bouncing.  The contractions will really squeeze him down in there.  But otherwise, I think it's a very sound plan winky.gif

Orgasms are always welcome to be added to my life :D

And good! Yay :)

I've told him that we're going to get him flipped and then he should come out so we can deal with each other face to face more easily ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Okay, so I have a question.  We've had lots of cervix checking threads, and, well...  I don't know why, but I'm afraid to check mine.  Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just a lone wolf here?  I'm normally no stranger to my vagina.  I can locate my cervix on any non-pregnant day with nary a problemo or squick.  But for some reason I just feel so creeped out by it right now.  I really want the info, but...

I feel like such a weenie.  Please reassure me that I'm not going to damage anything if I go exploring with freshly washed fingers...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 PM

You are not alone because I am feeling the same way.  I've never checked my cervix.  But I've also never been shy about putting garlic and such up there and then having to fish it out later.  But right now I just don't want to mess around with it.  I am curious about if my body has made any progress...but something about sticking my hand up there is giving me the creeps too.  Not sure why because it is so unlike me.  I'm glad you posted this question because I was wondering about this (and me) today. 

Quote:

Okay, so I have a question.  We've had lots of cervix checking threads, and, well...  I don't know why, but I'm afraid to check mine.  Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just a lone wolf here?  I'm normally no stranger to my vagina.  I can locate my cervix on any non-pregnant day with nary a problemo or squick.  But for some reason I just feel so creeped out by it right now.  I really want the info, but...

I feel like such a weenie.  Please reassure me that I'm not going to damage anything if I go exploring with freshly washed fingers...

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm a huge weenie.  I'm much like you, I check it all the time not pg and have no issues with it at all, but for some reason it feels very off limits to me.  Almost like how I don't like touching an open wound?  LOL!  I checked once and got a little nauseous so I haven't checked again.

But, if your hands are clean and you can reach, and you want to, I say go for it.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 PM

They won't do an inversion. I'm too far along. Words cannot describe.

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:

They won't do an inversion. I'm too far along. Words cannot describe.

I don't understand. How can you be too far along if your not already in labor? That's just stupid.

Sending you hug2.gif and tell Charlie that he better flip back to head down right now, or he's going to make this very hormonal Mama mad at him.

What are your options now?

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM

Oh becky. There has to be someone! That's just so wrong. I'm praying like mad that charlie decides to TURN on his own!!!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM

They worry about placental abruption, apparently.

So. Accupuncture in the morning. And then seeing the midwife to talk about options. One of which is to head to friggin' Portland (I love Portland, but gah) to have a vaginal breech. Or c-section. Mostly I'm going to leap up and go lay upside down every time the little shit moves :P And stick ice on his head. And a hot pad on my crotch. And put hot moxa near my toe. And cry a lot. And poke and prod at him.

He is SO grounded.

I love him dearly and I'll be very nice to him when he comes out but I'm completely terrified of surgery, especially abdominal surgery and . Why now? Why not last week? He's not supposed to be ABLE to flip head up now.

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM

Oh Becky hug2.gif There has to be something that someone can at least try? What does your midwife say? Can you have a vaginal breech birth where you are? I am so sorry you are in this situation. greensad.gif

If it does come down to a section honey, I am always here to talk to hug.gif

Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM

We cross posted, but everything I said stands. You're in my thoughts and prayers and seriously, if you need to talk to someone who has been there done that 5 times, I'll PM ya my number. hug2.gif

Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Becky!  OMG.  hug.gif  No, no, no.  Not fair.  He will turn, he HAS to turn.  He turned to get that way, he can turn back.  I'm going to send lots and lots of vertex baby vibes your way so you can get the birth you want.  And ... and... NOT FUNNY, CHARLIE! nono.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-03-2011, 08:44 PM

They don't do breech here. I'll know more about options tomorrow.

Thank you guys :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Hello ladies! Yesterday I learned that my GBS test came back negative, and unfortunately, I also learned that I have very low iron. I hemorrhaged when DS was born, so I'm working very, very hard to get my iron to a safer level. I'd been buying cheaper iron pills in the raw form ($15 a bottle instead of $25 for Floradix), but I decided to invest in Floradix, to add an extra dose and to double the doses. So one bottle of Floradix will last me 4 days, but DH told me not to consider the cost, that we'll pay what we have to. Besides, once my levels are up, I won't have to take so much of it and one bottle will last 2 weeks. He is very concerned, but he's been riding my a$$ about my iron, anyway. When I got my results back, and asked DH to up pick some much needed iron raising items, it was the only time he didn't grumble about having to go to the store, even though we were having a friend over and he knew it would be a busy evening.

I was bummed, though, because the hemogram results kind of dulled the negative GBS results. But I am very happy to have tested negative for GBS. Also, my friend came over last night and she, DH and I assembled my birthing necklace. I'm in love with it! There are a couple pics in the bead thread. luxlove.gif

Carrie, my plans for the week are to continue nesting and to raise my hemoglobin & hematocrit. I'm trying to nest and rest at this point, so I'm trying not to make many outside plans. My plans all changed in one day. I had planned to have a baby SOON, but since learning of my hemogram results, I'm determined to keep the baby in for as long as possible. 

earth-mama, good luck on your plans of birthing this week! I can't wait to read your birth story. And, I mean this as sincerely as possible, I really hope my baby stays put as long as yours has.

Italiamom, congrats on the baby dropping and on your birth list being nearly complete.

Here's wishing for a week full of babes (except mine).

Have you tried alfalfa?  I have a friend that hemmorhaged after 2 births.  Her midwife had her load up on alfalfa and she had minimal bleeding with her last birth.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Becky I really really hope he turns! I'm wondering WHY he turned? Maybe there is something going on in there that makes it dangerous for him to be in that position? I know with dd3 it was discovered after birth that she had a very tight true knot in her cord, and that is a theory as to why she came early. Sometimes these little ones know better than we do. But I agree...he should be SO grounded.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 08-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post

Wow. It's August! Not too much planned for the week. An ultrasound and meeting with our midwives on Wednesday... crossing my fingers that baby A will flip head down, but not holding my breath. I know she's in the same position she has been in. It must be comfortable. Other than that, just trying to enjoy this last week before the babies are born. (We have a scheduled c section on the 10th.) Maybe go for swims, pick cucumbers, make pickles, sleep if I can... Looking forward to seeing more baby pictures this week!!

Enjoy your week! How exciting that your babies will soon be in your arms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I am just so...I don't know. I guess I'm shocked. My OB told me this and then she said "well, if you make it to next week, let's have you come in and do an ultrasound with the Peri". I go to make that appointment and find out he's out all next week as well. I'm thinking - REALLY? I am a complex person. I don't trust many people and I certainly don't want a new person all up in my business either. It makes me VERY uncomfortable. I am so anxious and uncomfortable with everything as it is and she knows this. After all this time now I REALLY feel like just a number, you know? She didn't even try to put me on the induction schedule this week, but I know it would be next week at some point since I'd be 41 plus weeks. I picked up homeopathic cohashes on the way home. My husband and I aren't even talking at this point. I felt so alone this morning before my appointment. Now? I just feel abandoned. Sorry for the vent, guys.

I'm sorry to hear all of this. I hope the cohashes help. And please don't apologize for venting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

All your plans for having babies... I'll have none of it.. (For me at least.) Hoping this babe stays put for a few more weeks. My baby shower's this weekend!! And I had an appointment with the MW today... Guess it's weekly now seeing as I have another one next week.

I think it finally sank in that I'm going to be having a baby very very soon. I'm still not sure if I can comprehend that fact. Any other first time mama's still in denial?

I thought I was the only person who had a shower so close to due date! (I just had mine this past weekend - at 38 weeks). Have a great time. Hopefully you'll get a lot of the items you still need...

I am a first time mama, and it is all so amazing...Just the notion/sensations that a human is in my very large belly is rather surreal, and then to think that some time in August this baby will be in my arms...It's hard to wrap my head around it all...

Quote:

They don't do breech here. I'll know more about options tomorrow.

Thank you guys :)

Beckily I hope that tomorrow you'll have more options available. And there is still time for baby to turn on his/her own.

As for me, I had a cervical check yesterday, and am 1 cm dilated, but not much to report in the way of effacement. I'm due in 2 weeks but I don't feel any contractions/cramping yet. My doctor advised me to take long walks and do squats to get things going. She likes to induce a week after due date (!) so I've got take measures to avoid that. I took a long ass walk in the rain this evening which turned out to be real nice because it was just me, a couple of seagulls, and the rare occasional human walking along the East River in the fog...

Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiamyj View Post

Hi PoetryLover..  I am an ICU Nurse and I have found that taking Chlorophyll tabs (from the health food store) will raise your H&H faster than Foridex.  I have taken Floridex myself with good results and I know it it a great product.  My midwife also recommends chlorophyll for all of her anemic mamas.  You would be able to continue the Floridex and add chlorophyll if you feel this might be a good idea for you.  HTH :)

Thanks! I'll pick these up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

Have you tried alfalfa?  I have a friend that hemmorhaged after 2 births.  Her midwife had her load up on alfalfa and she had minimal bleeding with her last birth.

Do you know how long she took them before giving birth? I wish I had known about that sooner, but I will start taking them, anyway, as every bit counts. At this stage in the game, it has to.  When you say load up, how much per day? Thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:29 PM

Becky, I am so sorry!!

Quote:

So. Accupuncture in the morning. And then seeing the midwife to talk about options. One of which is to head to friggin' Portland (I love Portland, but gah) to have a vaginal breech. Or c-section. Mostly I'm going to leap up and go lay upside down every time the little shit moves :P And stick ice on his head. And a hot pad on my crotch. And put hot moxa near my toe. And cry a lot. And poke and prod at him.

If you do need to come to Portland, and there is anything at all I can do for you, let me know.  I would also check and see what your options for external version are in Oregon.  We tend to be a bit more medically lax here.  I can email my midwife and ask who she'd recommend up here if you like.  What week are you at now?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Becky- Good luck on getting the little guy to turn! How super frustrating, especially this late in the game.
Quote:

I was a little weirded out by it at first too. Nonpregnant I have no problem sticking my fingers up there to check cervical mucus to see if I might be ovulating. I did get curious enough to finally try it- and found my uterus was so high I couldn't reach it anyway. Now i can barely reach it. I always check right after a shower so I know my hands are clean and that area is clean too. As long as your water hasn't broken yet and your hands are clean, you should be fine!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Becky, I am so sorry!!

If you do need to come to Portland, and there is anything at all I can do for you, let me know.  I would also check and see what your options for external version are in Oregon.  We tend to be a bit more medically lax here.  I can email my midwife and ask who she'd recommend up here if you like.  What week are you at now?

You do! I like that about you ;) I'll be 40 on Saturday. Thank you, I'd appreciate it!

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:

You do! I like that about you ;) I'll be 40 on Saturday. Thank you, I'd appreciate it!

Email sent.  I'll let you know if she gets back to me in a timely manner.  She's a pretty busy gal these days.  She says it has something to do with our long, wet, depressing winter.  People had to do something to keep from going insane...

Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

I'm freaking out a bit. I was losing mucus, a lot of it, this morning. Now I'm just...umm wet. Like to the point of leaking through my pants. But that's not TOTALLY abnormal when walking around, as I seem to have urine leaking issues while pregnant, but it's a bit more and when I'm sitting too. I can't tell if it's watery discharge or a slow leak. Ugh.

I hope this is it and you finally get to meet that little one and see that all is well!!!

Quote:

They worry about placental abruption, apparently.

He is SO grounded.

I love him dearly and I'll be very nice to him when he comes out but I'm completely terrified of surgery, especially abdominal surgery and . Why now? Why not last week? He's not supposed to be ABLE to flip head up now.

Oh, no!  I'm thinking back to a couple of weeks ago when Olivia turned breech and the absolute terror I felt at the thought of a possible c-section.  I think the thing that made her turn was the ice.  She really hated the ice on her head.  So I say keep that ice on as long as you can stand it! 

AFM, I'm in a LOT of pain this morning.  I woke up around 6 and I just wanted to writhe around in pain.  I got up and used the bathroom and felt some relief, then had a shower and felt a bit more relief, but I'm still having a lot of pain.  I can't tell if it is nearly constant contractions or what it is.  I don't think it's anything serious, btw, just another discomfort of pregnancy thing.  Or labor, finally, though I seriously doubt I could be so lucky as to finally be in labor.  I have an appt at 12:45, so I'll be sure to tell the midwife or OB about it.  Until then, I'm not moving from this chair!  I am so grateful for having a wonderful husband who got the boys' clothes for today together last night so I don't have to worry that they will come down dressed in mismatched clothing, or get up and find them outfits myself.  Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary.  I need to do something special for the man!  Besides a love letter, that is.  He's getting one heck of a long love letter!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 08-04-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Becky - I hope the ice works.  I cannot even imagine and my heart is seriously going out to you.  I still have never heard of it being too late for a version, but I get it, and it SUCKS.  You are in good hands though, I feel like NMW you'll have a great birth experience, and you can give Charlie hell for a bit after he's here or when he's a teenager for all this shenanigans!!  

Jessica - what kind of pain??  Oh goodness that sounds just awful.  Usually when I wake up I'm like, ugh, everything hurts.  Normally I need a huge glass of ice water b/c a lot of it is swelling/dehydration and just tenderness everywhere.  And I usually take 2 extra strength tylenol as well.  But if I were in serious PAIN it'd be different!  Hugs, mama!  I'm glad your boys are older -- could you imagine going thru this all with a toddler?  I'm guessing the boys pregnancies weren't as rough, huh?

AFM - Not much new!  I just don't feel like doing much today.  Think I'll just focus on organizing a few things and washing some baby stuff, and playing with DD.  Maybe a stroller walk if I feel like it.  Just going to focus on getting through the day.

Thinking of Riley -- any posts from her late yesterday or today?  Hmmm...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I also was wondering if anyone had heard from her. For some reason last night she popped into my head and I wondered if when I checked the boards today we would have another August baby.

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to Jude 08/11, 03/13, 09/13
04/2014 08/2014
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Hey, I've been so busy the last few days, I haven't been keeping up here.

I had a shoot in MD and didn't get home until 11 pm, then yesterday I had to get up at 6:30 to go with Hubby to traffic court.  Later, I had my 37 week appointment.  We decided not to do nay vaginal exams until I go into labor.  Part of me is curious as to how things look, but I agreed with them that it doesn't mean that much and I don't want to get my hopes up or get depressed for no reasons.  Later, I watched both Godfather movies with Hubby.  For some reasons, in the middle of the second one, at about 9:30, I had to clean.  I am not sure if it was nesting, or just my OCD.  I am not normally the cleaning OCD type, but it happens off and on.  I had only had six hours of sleep, all I could think about was how gross everything was.  We have a bunch of house flies right now, and I was all upset about how filthy flies are.  So while I did dishes and cleaned the bathroom, Hubby went out for fly tape and a swatter.  Apparently, he will nest too if it involves killing things.  After a fly massacre and finishing the bathroom, I was calm enough to finish the movie.\

I knew we were losing the cable and internet soon, but our old roommate just texted this morning to say if will be tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up! Grrr.  So, I may not be online as much, but I hope to get to the library fairly often, because we NEED internet!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

I knew we were losing the cable and internet soon, but our old roommate just texted this morning to say if will be tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up! Grrr.  So, I may not be online as much, but I hope to get to the library fairly often, because we NEED internet!

Oh man, I would hate to lose internet! Will you really be able to get to the library often enought to stay "plugged in"? That's a bummer. :/

Old 08-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Me too!  Will have to check the buddy thread and see who her buddy is.  Hmmm indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

So while I did dishes and cleaned the bathroom, Hubby went out for fly tape and a swatter.  Apparently, he will nest too if it involves killing things.

ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Well, it is right down the street, and I kind of get internet on my phone.  I over used it last time we didn't have internet for six months, so it tends to over heat and crap out after five minutes.  We just don't have the money right now.  Once this baby comes, we can figure out more long term plans, but we are relying on others for most things now, as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyLu View Post

Oh man, I would hate to lose internet! Will you really be able to get to the library often enought to stay "plugged in"? That's a bummer. :/

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

User Tag List