Chat Thread! 8/2-8/8 Let's see some more BABIES! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Becky, I know that Charlie is about the luckiest little boy to get a mama like you! And no matter what happens, you've done all you could! I can't wait to see a pic of you holding your baby BOY!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#182 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Hey ladies, I've been absent for a few weeks. Lots has been going on in my life and it doesn't look like it'll slow down any time in the next few weeks either. 

I had Chloe July 28 at 742pm. I'm so happy to be a mama and I love my little girl so much! It's amazing to have this kind of love for someone! We are still trying to get a handle on breastfeeding. My poor left boobie isn't handling it's new responsibility too well and I have some milk blebs going on I believe. Her latch is getting better but it's still shocking to have someone sucking on The Girls so hard. Any tips for dealing with the milk bleb? I lather on the lanolin cream and I started doing the warm compress before I nurse so...is it a waiting game now?

Anyway this Wednesday my grandma and my uncle are coming to visit. I haven't seen my uncle in almost 20 years. I'm a little nervous but excited. I know he is excited to see Chloe and hold her. It's gonna be a busy week for us and I hope Chloe manages it all okay. We've already nursed in public and used the Moby wrap, my two biggest concerns since they are so foreign to me, and she did great! 

I hope all you other mamas are doing great and enjoying your new bundles. For you mamas still pregnant hang in there! 

If evil means to be self-motivated, to be the center of one’s own universe, to live on one’s own terms, then every artist, every thinker, every original mind, is evil. Because we dare to look through our own eyes rather than mouth clichés lent us from the so-called Fathers…three cheers for Eve. -...

#183 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Ana View Post

Hey ladies, I've been absent for a few weeks. Lots has been going on in my life and it doesn't look like it'll slow down any time in the next few weeks either. 

I had Chloe July 28 at 742pm. I'm so happy to be a mama and I love my little girl so much! It's amazing to have this kind of love for someone! We are still trying to get a handle on breastfeeding. My poor left boobie isn't handling it's new responsibility too well and I have some milk blebs going on I believe. Her latch is getting better but it's still shocking to have someone sucking on The Girls so hard. Any tips for dealing with the milk bleb? I lather on the lanolin cream and I started doing the warm compress before I nurse so...is it a waiting game now?

Anyway this Wednesday my grandma and my uncle are coming to visit. I haven't seen my uncle in almost 20 years. I'm a little nervous but excited. I know he is excited to see Chloe and hold her. It's gonna be a busy week for us and I hope Chloe manages it all okay. We've already nursed in public and used the Moby wrap, my two biggest concerns since they are so foreign to me, and she did great! 

I hope all you other mamas are doing great and enjoying your new bundles. For you mamas still pregnant hang in there! 

Congrats Mama Ana and welcome little Chloe! You should post a new thread with some pics in it! 

Sorry, can't help you with nursing troubles, but it's great to hear that everything else is going so well. :)

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#184 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Jessica -- Glad to hear that the non-stop contraction nonsense has died down enough for you to enjoy these last few days.  I know you're anxious about induction talk (and rightfully so), but I think that you'll be able to make decisions you feel better about when you're able to be rested, less miserable, and actually have your head about you.  I forget if you're doing EPO?  Also, the bat thing is strange, but part of me thinks it is a good omen for you on your anniversary.  All through your posts in this DDC, your DH has sounded so exceptionally wonderful and supportive.  Perhaps the bats are just a friendly reminder that you have his support all these years later :)

I saw the thread from Lynann about Imprint/Julie, and again, I'm wishing her all the best vibes in the world!

EB -- Your party sounds just delightful, and I'm glad you were able to share some of the more beautiful parts of your creative self.  Such opportunities are so rare!  And I'm very glad that baby girl is moving, and that you're not feeling the crushing rush to get her out and see.  I agree, they are so much safer inside!!

Becky -- You forever optimist!  I'm glad that you've made some peace with what will probably come.  Be sure to mention to your anesthesiologist that you'd like to avoid sedatives if at all possible.  I think they just automatically give the mama something immediately post delivery, but I think you'll be able to keep your stuff together just fine without.  It will make you more aware and relaxed while you hold your sweet new baby and they stitch you up.  Also, I think that Earth Mama Angel Baby makes a cesarean salve...  I bet it is wonderful!  Also, you lucky, lucky woman that you get to know when.  Sigh.  I'm going crazy over here!!

Carrie -- My joints are also saying "WTF!?"  Even my knees are now hurting.  I'm sorry mama, you'll be there so soon is all I can say (even though I'm SO sick of hearing it myself.  It seems like a freaking ETERNITY!!).

MamaAna -- I don't know what you mean by milk blebs...  Do you mean clogged ducts?  Engorgement?  Supply?  We've got some serious nursing experience on this DDC, and would LOVE to help ya out.  But we need details!!  Let us know the specifics of what's going on, when you're feeling pain, etc., and we can help to try and sort you out.  Also, without knowing specifics, I always tell first time nursing moms to find a La Leche League group in their area stat!  It is SO useful, they're very supportive, and nothing beats seeing and talking with people in real life when it comes to nursing.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#185 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Ana View Post

We are still trying to get a handle on breastfeeding. My poor left boobie isn't handling it's new responsibility too well and I have some milk blebs going on I believe. Her latch is getting better but it's still shocking to have someone sucking on The Girls so hard. Any tips for dealing with the milk bleb? I lather on the lanolin cream and I started doing the warm compress before I nurse so...is it a waiting game now?

Congratulations!  The 28th was my son's 6th birthday.  We had a lot of DDC babies born that day!  Is a bleb like a blister?  I don't know much about them.  I wish I could help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Jessica -- Glad to hear that the non-stop contraction nonsense has died down enough for you to enjoy these last few days.  I know you're anxious about induction talk (and rightfully so), but I think that you'll be able to make decisions you feel better about when you're able to be rested, less miserable, and actually have your head about you.  I forget if you're doing EPO?  Also, the bat thing is strange, but part of me thinks it is a good omen for you on your anniversary.  All through your posts in this DDC, your DH has sounded so exceptionally wonderful and supportive.  Perhaps the bats are just a friendly reminder that you have his support all these years later :)

We enjoyed another day at the lake today.  I even went out on the boat this time, hoping that the bouncing would help this baby out!  lol  No such luck, though.  I've only had a couple of dozen contractions all day.  Like I said before, I would have been so happy with that last week or the week before, but now that we're closing in on an induction I don't want to be contractionless!  I hope being well rested does make keeping my head about me possible for Tuesday's induction discussion.  I'm not doing EPO.  I was afraid to take it ealier, because I didn't want a baby that was born too early and since we anticipated a 37 or 38 weeker it seemed unnecessary.  We've been trying to be intimate as much as possible for those prostglandins, though.  And yes, I have an amazing husband!  The bats were definitely a weird thing, but thankfully we didn't see them in the house when we got home from the lake.  I think we can safely assume they flew out the open door this morning.  I just wish I knew how they got in so I wasn't paranoid that we will end up with more.  We're all exhausted from being up by 5am thanks to the bats, and then from spending the day on the lake, so we're all off to bed.  Crossing my fingers that the contractions start up seriously or stay away so I can stay well-rested!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#186 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Went to the water park today in black bikini with full bronze belly glowing in the sun. A little girl smiled at me and I was overcome by the reality that my own little girl will smile at me soon! I could almost feel her smiling within me...so happy in the glow of the warm sun. My boys splashed my belly lovingly, explaining that after she was born, they wouldn't be allowed to splash her until she was bigger. It was nice to have such a warm day because the water park is situated right in a wind zone...so it's often chilly there, even when it's hot. But today was gloriously warm and it felt wonderful to float!

My 37th birthday is on Tuesday....I'm jonesing for ice cream cake!

Love to you all...

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#187 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Happy Birthday Tuesday Sarah!

My bday is Thursday...really hoping little dude doesn't have to share!

I'm also really lovin the fact that I realized he'll be in my arms no later than next thursday...that's next week! joy.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#188 of 193 Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Imprint - Sooo excited for you to meet your babies!! I hope everything goes smoothly and easily for you!

Becky - I agree with everyone else, you are an amazing and strong mama. It will all be worth it in the end, when you have your sweet boy in your arms. 

Emerging Butterfly - I know what you mean about keeping your baby girl safe inside - I feel that way a lot! Even though I'm ready (so ready!) for her to meet us on the outside, I know she is safe and secure, wiggling around and kicking me in the ribs!  I really hope her birth is healing for you and your husband; you deserve some happiness and joy after all you've been through.

Jessica - I'm glad your contractions have slowed down and you have been able to enjoy these past couple of days. I hope all this pre-labor means you'll have a super fast, easy birth!

As for me - I have some good news about my grandma! She has regained her speech and the use of her left side! Apparently she's going to recover from the stroke really well, and should be able to go home soon.  I'm so thankful; I know that people don't always recover from strokes, but she is doing really well.  I'm so happy!

My midwife came over today to strip my membranes, but apparently the baby/bag is still too high for her to reach (and she has long fingers!). She said my cervix is soft, mushy, and 2-3 cm dilated, but baby's head is high and not engaged yet. So I have no idea when I'll go into labor, but I guess I'm resigned to waiting another week before we try any induction methods.

We had a bunch of friends over tonight for a potluck and music jam. It was a lot of fun, but I was secretly hoping that planning a party would cause me to go into labor, but no such luck.  Tomorrow's my due date, we'll see what happens!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#189 of 193 Old 08-08-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
As for me - I have some good news about my grandma! She has regained her speech and the use of her left side! Apparently she's going to recover from the stroke really well, and should be able to go home soon.  I'm so thankful; I know that people don't always recover from strokes, but she is doing really well.  I'm so happy!

My midwife came over today to strip my membranes, but apparently the baby/bag is still too high for her to reach (and she has long fingers!). She said my cervix is soft, mushy, and 2-3 cm dilated, but baby's head is high and not engaged yet. So I have no idea when I'll go into labor, but I guess I'm resigned to waiting another week before we try any induction methods.

We had a bunch of friends over tonight for a potluck and music jam. It was a lot of fun, but I was secretly hoping that planning a party would cause me to go into labor, but no such luck.  Tomorrow's my due date, we'll see what happens!

I'm sosososo happy about your grandma!! Give that lady a hug for us all :D I still vote for naming your baby Ruby :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#190 of 193 Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 AM

Full term this week. 37 weeks. I doubt I'll have our buttercup before Sept. if she is anything like her brothers. DH wants her to stay put till due date because he needs to go to Helena to take his licensing exam this month. 3 hours away. The sooner the better...but oh boy...our last little man only took 4 hours to be born. Sooooo....that's really cutting it close. I'd hate to say NO to him and make him wait till...oh...MID September!!! No...if he can get it done in the next two weeks...I want him to do so. I wish he could get a proctor though and just take it in town. He's promised that he won't do it if the test is too close to the due date...but...right now, I sort of feel like anything would be too close. I need some tips on stopping labor should it come....just temporarily of course.....

be a good little girl buttercup...don't come out while daddy is away!!!!

I have a friend whose son is bipolar and deals with personality disorder. We've always been helpful to her as we understand intimately what that is like. So, we've watched him a lot, and he's always fine with us. Of course...that is the nature of the beast...it comes out mostly around family for some reason.... I mean, i've SEEN him like that, just as she's seen MY son like that...but it's always worse at home. So, anyway....her husband is a total alcoholic. I am talking "HIS LIVER IS FAILING" type of drinker. He has multiple DUI's. He always gets out of it all because he is a millionaire. Where am I going with this???? Well...recently, my friend has been...uh....acting strange. I know a lot is going on with her because her son is really acting out...like cutting himself...stabbing his own leg...losing control. I know it's hard because her husband is literally drinking himself TO DEATH. He literally will DIE one of these days...soon...if he keeps drinking. And...it seems like he will. keep drinking that is....

SOOOOO....I got an email from her husband yesterday... requesting that he be allowed to come and get a few of our sons to hang out with his son while my friend and her other son (who is the bi polar boys gay twin) go to Canada for a few days. Apparently, the teen (he's 15) is lonely and wanted some friends over.

My thought: Should I allow my precious boys to go up to their big mansion in the car of a repeat DUI offender with a boy who has started knifing himself, who also happens to enjoy shooting small animals recently with a gun his stupid father bought him while the only person I really trust isn't even there? AND even if she WAS there, this is no longer an issue of me helping her out with a young son who is having emotional problems. This is the case of a fully fledged mental health disorder that is manifesting is seriously disturbing ways (that make MY son's issues PALE in comparison) that are not at ALL my standard of safe environment for my kids. See, we DON'T have booze in our house. eva. I don't judge light drinking...but am I wanting my kids to be in a big old house with a potentially drunk dad and a lethally mentally ill teen?

no. I don't. i won't. I can't.

I didn't even ask my kids.

I didn't even ask DH.

I just responded with a polite "I'm sorry...the kids are booked solid with activities and we're super busy and I don't want them so far away (it's about 40 minutes to their home) just in case we go into labor as they want to be there...and I'm so sorry your son is lonely right now."

Oh brother. Are you SERIOUS???? Do you think I don't KNOW what's going on in your house man? NO THANK YOU.

I'm not judging...I feel really bad about it. But, not bad enough to risk my own kids.

They didn't even respond to my invitation to our baby shower....which is out of character for my friend...but...she's been acting distant...DH thinks she's drinking again too. irked.gif

I'm weeding toxic people out of our lives.

On a silly note...I got a birthday card this morning in the mail. It made me laugh soooooo hard!!!! I entered my name in a local birthday drawing and they must have sold my information to other businesses around town, because I can't imagine why this particular business would have my info otherwise!!! It said:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! COME INTO OUR SHOP TO GET A FREE GIFT! YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM: 2 joints, a gram of cannabis, 50% off edibles, or 50% off vaporizers with the approval of your green card today! "

WHAAAAAAAAAT????????

Are you SERIOUS?????

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spitdrink.gif

Now, even if I was remotely interested, which I am NOT, I just thought this was the most hilarious birthday card EVER!!! I am totally going to save it!!! BWAH HA HA HA!

DH was laughing too. If there is one smell that makes me turn completely green...it is cannabis. I've no interest in free joints or anything related to the herb. I'm not against it's use as a healing herb...not one bit....but....for ME???? BWAH HA HA HA!!! What a funny time we live in.....

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#191 of 193 Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM

eat.gif hungry.....

#192 of 193 Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM

DS is finally down for his afternoon nap, only 2 hours later than normal, and I've no energy to do anything today. DS has been very demanding of constant attention since DH got back from his business trip last week, and together with the prodromal labor I'm totally wiped out. I have so much cleaning, laundry, cooking etc that still needs to be done, not to mention a huge pile of NB sized fitteds to finish sewing together, yet I have neither the energy or the motivation. I feel really bad that DH will be home in less than an hour and I won't even have any food ready for him. He's been gone since 5am this morning and I know he is going to be exhausted too, and ready to sit down for a bit and play with DS.

These final few weeks are definitely tougher this time around.

EB I just have to say you are totally doing the right thing to protect your boys from that situation. It sounds very dangerous to me. I wouldn't even think about my children playing around that type of thing either.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#193 of 193 Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Where is everyone today?  Slow chat day.  Oops I forgot to start a new chat thread -- my bad.  I'll get to it right after I post.

I'm going to try not to bitch and moan too much about still being pg b/c I'm not overdue.  I know if/when I pass 40 weeks I'll have a lot more to say, so I'm just going to plan on making it til at least next Tues (my EDD) and until then bide my time.  

Lyn - hugs.  rest.  I hope your DH is ok with maybe something simple, maybe just throw something together really fast.  Tonight we are just going to have burgers and tots.  Lately we've been doing a lot of easy meals - not exactly the healthiest meals - but quick, easy, quick clean up type things.  Burgers, dogs, pasta.  It's not the time for busting out cookbooks and what not, at least not for me!  LOL!

New chat thread...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1324952/chit-chat-thread-8-8-8-15#post_16595579

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page